Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So the DLC actually will bring brand new courses to the game. That's great.

12 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Far Future's the closer fit.

That's like a synonym really.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the DLC actually will bring brand new courses to the game. That's great.

Oh Yes!!

Also Pro tip: You don't need DLC or expansion pack to play these courses online Ü

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Also Pro tip: You don't need DLC or expansion pack to play these courses online Ü

I know but I already got the Expansion Pack with my buddies.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that line of thought, then Alpha Gaiden would need a retranslation too, then.

Not necessarily. If the translation is 99% done, no need to revisit AG. SRW has too many other titles in need of translation.

Eh, the Wonderswan (Color) I'd consider it as being better than the Game Boy (Color). I mean, the Wonderswan Color was contemporary with the Game Boy Advance, even if graphics wise it didn't looked like it. It had its own internal memory you could make a profile with, which some games would make use of, like SRW itself. Compact and Compact 2 (don't think 3 did it) would check the player's birthday and blood type from the Wonderswan's memory and change just about EVERYONE's Seishin list accordingly. There were like, six-seven different lists characters could have, even if overlapping was common. And yes, being just about superior meant they could do stuff the Game Boy couldn't. Like those cut-ins. lol

A "randomization" element that sounds like it could make judging the strength of the pilots a tad difficult. And perhaps a tad unnecessary.

I know the Wonderswan Color did have the Final Fantasy ports before GBA got them. So I'm aware it's closer to be being between the GBC and the GBA. The Wikipedia article as I once glimpsed describes the original Wonderswan as being marketed as more budget than a Game Boy (whereas Sega had tried to go higher quality than the Game Boy with the Game Gear).

Compact is also one of the few SRWs where a non-OG is the final boss, with Don Zauser from Daitarn 3. Granted, it's because of no OGs at all, but still. So it's also a case where it's done properly. Not a hybrid situation like in FF where Scirocco and Shapiro used Valsion Kai's. Or like Compact2/Impact where Char Aznable as the final boss had to be unlocked with the Battle Masteries / Skill Points. Which also means it's a non-OG who gets the role of being the one pulling strings and directing the other factions behind the scenes and stuff, instead of the OG faction.

Which might be appreciable. I know there is a tendency amongst OG villains to repeat certain tropes, and I'm aware most of them tend to transcend humanity (if they ever had it). Someone able to put together a realistic coalition of evil people with "realistic" goals could be enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

And that's me testing positive for covid. That is a problem.

Hopefully your symptoms stay almost unnoticeably mild!🙂

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Congratulations man.

Meanwhile I'm still in the early chapters haha. And I don't know when I'll get back to it.

Take. Your. Time!

As I made a point of underlining, the game is long.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

....nah I can't hold it in anymore. Guys, know that the following praise is something I have not given very lightly. But I need you to understand how good this is, at least in my opinion.

I am very much feeling that Noah/Mio has surpassed Fei/Elly on the video game romances tier-list. For the longest time I considered Fei/Elly to be unmatched but that time is over.

Say this is so? Then I shall keep my eyes ready at all times. Discerning with the sharpness of obsidian, ready to slice open the femoral of this relationship should it ever stumble.😈

Says the nearly 30 guy who has never been in a relationship, so what can I judge of love?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20220728_082153.jpg

The six year wait is finally over.

Enjoy! I know the franchise consists of fairly short games, so may it be a concentrated jolt of entertainment.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not necessarily. If the translation is 99% done, no need to revisit AG. SRW has too many other titles in need of translation.

Perhaps.

A "randomization" element that sounds like it could make judging the strength of the pilots a tad difficult. And perhaps a tad unnecessary.

I know the Wonderswan Color did have the Final Fantasy ports before GBA got them. So I'm aware it's closer to be being between the GBC and the GBA. The Wikipedia article as I once glimpsed describes the original Wonderswan as being marketed as more budget than a Game Boy (whereas Sega had tried to go higher quality than the Game Boy with the Game Gear).

The internal memory/storage thing is also how Compact 2 could transfer data from one game to another. At the end of 2-1 and 2-2 you could make a save of your game data into the Wonderswan itself, which 2-2 and 2-3 would then read. This is how the games would keep track on what secrets you unlocked, what events you triggered, and the like. One good example involves Gundam 0083 Stardust Memories. 2-1 covers the early events, finishing with Anavel Gato leaving to space. Said map can change depending on which order you do the chapter maps. Too late, and he'll have already left. So you must do the map early so he's still there. Then, if you beat him, you actually delay his departure into space. Thus, in 2-2, which covers the middle portion of Stardust Memories, if you prevented him from leaving into space, he won't actually show up to do his infamous Solomon/Kompei nuking. That's one example of how you could influence events between the three games thanks to the internal data saving of the Wonderswan.

And of course, Impact would need none of that, since the data was all in one disc, so it just kept track as you played.

Which might be appreciable. I know there is a tendency amongst OG villains to repeat certain tropes, and I'm aware most of them tend to transcend humanity (if they ever had it). Someone able to put together a realistic coalition of evil people with "realistic" goals could be enjoyable.

Funnily enough, Don Zauser is such. Since the bad guys of Daitarn 3, the Meganoids, are basically artificial humans who decide they can do without regular humanity. To the point he is the one enacting the Axis Drop of Char's Counterattack. So yeah, it fits with the manipulating stuff, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I made a point of underlining, the game is long.

I'm amazed at how much progress you've made on it compared to me, not that I'm one to talk.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enjoy! I know the franchise consists of fairly short games, so may it be a concentrated jolt of entertainment.

It's going good so far

I haven't fully mastered her but I wanna say that this is the most fun character Inti Creates has designed.

I'm amazed at how much progress you've made on it compared to me, not that I'm one to talk.

Me playing SRW30.:

image.png

And you playing XC3.😜

Whilst there are many games I take forever to complete or end up leaving unfinished, SRW seems to be a series where I have the tolerance and devotion needed to binge until it ends. I was able to show a similar singleminded focus through 3.5 playthroughs of OGs, so 30 ain't a one-off.

It's going good so far

I haven't fully mastered her but I wanna say that this is the most fun character Inti Creates has designed.

Nice to hear it! Gunvolt is probably too short and score-oriented for me. Although maybe brevity isn't a bad thing after 30, yet I still retain a hesitancy towards buying most short games. The reviews seem pretty positive, which I know you probably don't car aboute, but general reception I suppose has some impact on the continuing of series.

Well, I died in Minecraft and my bed was apparently not placed correctly. So now I've lost all progress. Nice.

Back to LaL then. The Pogo super boss is complete balls, especially after playing through Captain Square, which did the whole concept of "difficult optional combat" a hundred times better while being in a chapter that's far more up my alley, so... Time to just get to the end and finish this story so I can get to Oboro's Fun Castle already. I'm so looking forward to what comes after, though. I can hardly wait to relive(a live) that!

22 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

She ends up with 28.3% Str and 41.6% Mag growth (add 10% to those and Spd in Basara), just to pass you that info on (And a link to an inheritance planner)

This is...incredibly useful, thank you.

I've now added it to my bookmarks.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I died in Minecraft and my bed was apparently not placed correctly. So now I've lost all progress. Nice.

Playing Minecraft eh? Which chapter are you at? Which units are you using?

Ahhhhh, now this is more like it. Oboromaru's Fun Castle. An open map with a focus on exploration and stealth... If you want to bother with that. I'm just murdering everyone because I'm the good guy!

34 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Playing Minecraft eh? Which chapter are you at? Which units are you using?

Still in the early game, so I don't have a big team. I'm using Steve, Sheep, Cow, Dirt Block and Oak Sapling right now. Sheep's a great Jeigan, I wish FE did Jeigans like Minecraft Saga does. Can't wait to recruit Reuben though, he's my favorite Minecraft character.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose Ashram's HP drain represents the danger of cutting yourself on your own edge.

I do like Ashram more than the average edgelord. He's not a wonderful idiot like Haldyn, but I suppose I'm partial towards him being like Arran in some ways.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully your symptoms stay almost unnoticeably mild!🙂

Thankfully nothing major, but the coughing makes me going places a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

oh boy. Get well soon and take care of yourself!

Currently trying to. Avoiding heading up this weekend to avoid me risking spreading illness to others.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhhh, now this is more like it. Oboromaru's Fun Castle. An open map with a focus on exploration and stealth... If you want to bother with that. I'm just murdering everyone because I'm the good guy!

Saving Japan with good old bloodspilling.

He looks pretty great. Starts with 24 Dex and First Blood.

I imagine he can reliably one-shot Assassins and therelike before they can lay a finger on him, once he gets his hands on a Greatsword of a Knight Brand.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still in the early game, so I don't have a big team. I'm using Steve, Sheep, Cow, Dirt Block and Oak Sapling right now. Sheep's a great Jeigan, I wish FE did Jeigans like Minecraft Saga does. Can't wait to recruit Reuben though, he's my favorite Minecraft character.

Make sure you recruit Jack'O Lantern before the last chapter, it is crucial for fighting the Ender Dragon.

Do you plan on fighting the Wither?

8 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

And that's me testing positive for covid. That is a problem.

Oof... Hope that you don't get the worst of the symptoms!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reviews seem pretty positive, which I know you probably don't car aboute, but general reception I suppose has some impact on the continuing of series.

The reception among fans seems to be pretty positive too, although the expected controversy is happening, mainly how Gunvolt is essentially a Devil Trigger in this game. I personally think it's interesting for the concept to be that the titular protagonist got so powerful he had to be sealed away but I know not all will feel that way.

I also am seeing some people being upset that the obscure secret ending of Gunvolt 2 is pretty much dropped. That is admittedly a bit upsetting but I can just treat it the same way as ZXA's secret ending now, since Gunvolt 2 as a whole tied up it's loose ends anyway.

Everyone's agreeing that Kirin's super based tho and her dynamic with Gunvolt is very good and wholesome.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Thankfully nothing major, but the coughing makes me going places a bad idea.

Incessant, annoying coughing was I remember my most noticeable of symptoms. Hopefully it isn't as fatiguing as mine could be at its symptomatic peak.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The reception among fans seems to be pretty positive too, although the expected controversy is happening, mainly how Gunvolt is essentially a Devil Trigger in this game.

Being loosely derived from Mega Man, this character swap mechanic very vaguely reminds me of what I read of Mega Man X3. First X game to make Zero playable, and he has an list of limitations on his usability: can't fight bosses, can't use boss weapons, can't get other upgrades, can only be summoned once per stage, and the ending changes if Zero is ever defeated. The end result seems to be an action-platformer "Jagen" who is stronger when the game begins when X is weak, but full-powered X is stronger than Zero. A weird idea that X4 and beyond would ditch.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I personally think it's interesting for the concept to be that the titular protagonist got so powerful he had to be sealed away but I know not all will feel that way.

It is a unique idea. And different from how Metroid has to either explain away or silently ignore how Samus has to start over from square one every game.

They could've also relegated the old protag to a later recruitment, when their power level raised by prior adventures stops being so broken. You just need a good plot excuse why they aren't around at the start.

I did see it mentioned that Gunvolt got cursed like others into a dragon form. Finding a way to reinvent a scrapped Dragon: Marked For Death sequel, Inti?

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Everyone's agreeing that Kirin's super based tho and her dynamic with Gunvolt is very good and wholesome.

Pls tells me this means no love.😛 Just two opposite sex coworkers of justice, for whom there is no friendzoning, because they never thought of leaving that zone in the first place.

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Saving Japan with good old bloodspilling.

There will be some Japan left to be saved when I'm done.

It will be down 100 souls, however.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

He looks pretty great. Starts with 24 Dex and First Blood.

I imagine he can reliably one-shot Assassins and therelike before they can lay a finger on him, once he gets his hands on a Greatsword of a Knight Brand.

Ashram is one of the best units in the game. First Blood and eventually guaranteed Ambush make him insane.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Make sure you recruit Jack'O Lantern before the last chapter, it is crucial for fighting the Ender Dragon.

I don't need no good units. I'll recruit TNT instead.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Do you plan on fighting the Wither?

I was playing on an older version than that. Super old, in fact - beta 1.7.3. I've no nostalgia for it, since it was before my time (I started with release 1.2.5), but I'd heard interesting things about it and it got me curious. I did certainly see some interesting mechanics at play, but it was a little empty, so I installed a mod called Better Than Adventure.

...I still have no idea what happened to my bed. Could've sworn it was--

AH FUCK THE ORNAMENT! I made a little decorative hole on the wall with stairs. That must've been it... It made the room count as the open wilderness and the respawn point wasn't set! Oohh, I can't believe it! At least now I know what happened, but... daaamn that's annoying.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

So Sheela is a cafeteria?

Barzelphen sure has a way with words. A way that's very hard to follow.

He means she's junk food, basically. Does in a pinch, but there isn't much to her.

...Eww. I hate that you made me say that. Incidentally, this is the thing that everyone, including Kaga, was worried would have to be censored. Frankly, the worst thing Barzy ever did was give Bertoullia the lousiest rating out of them all. Man just wasn't ready.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The reception among fans seems to be pretty positive too, although the expected controversy is happening, mainly how Gunvolt is essentially a Devil Trigger in this game. I personally think it's interesting for the concept to be that the titular protagonist got so powerful he had to be sealed away but I know not all will feel that way.

Bang bang bang pull my Gunvolt Trigger!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Incessant, annoying coughing was I remember my most noticeable of symptoms. Hopefully it isn't as fatiguing as mine could be at its symptomatic peak.

So far it's not incessant at least.

Could be worse that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There will be some Japan left to be saved when I'm done.

It will be down 100 souls, however.

And maybe Sans will show up in the secret ending to fight Oboromaru with Megalo(m/v)ania playing in the background

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ashram is one of the best units in the game. First Blood and eventually guaranteed Ambush make him insane.

Huh, what does he need Ambush for if he already got First Blood?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Eww. I hate that you made me say that. Incidentally, this is the thing that everyone, including Kaga, was worried would have to be censored. Frankly, the worst thing Barzy ever did was give Bertoullia the lousiest rating out of them all. Man just wasn't ready.

Yeah, a 11. A 11 on what seems to be a 1-100 scale. Death is too good for him.