• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh my, im so sorry! 

It's more annoying than anything because I have to try and avoid spreading it but I'm mildly ill at most. Because the guy I'm sharing the apartment with's around I can't be in the common areas with him at the same time for extended periods.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

You heretic and no.

How did that first part make me heretical?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Excellent question.

Yes, why don’t you seem to trust me lightcosmo?

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

How did that first part make me heretical?

I guess it’s just a reflex at this point.

Congratulations on entering the university, @Armagon!

20 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I forgot to mention that Rean's dad is basically Jeralt. Rean becomes more like Byleth every day...

The other way round. CS3 was released first.

Toval is cool, I just don't like when you only have two characters and neither has dedicated healing abilities.

Sky FC moment

On 7/6/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Vivi best girl

TRUE!

I like the hub and field study system because it ensures that you don't spend too much time in one place. The field studies giving you a fixed party also gives you time to use every character. The worldbuilding is on-point as usual, it’s nice that you get time to familiarize yourself with each of Erebonia’s eastern settlements (you visit the western half in CSIII and IV I think). There’s even an in-universe reason for the party to follow the bracer M.O. Yes, we get to be cops!

Then you might prefer CS1 and 3's gameplay loop than CS2 and 4's.

I thought Laura would have a more personal reason for not liking Fie as a jaeger (like her mother was killed by jaegers or something similar), but it apparently was just a ideological thing.

This comment summarizes it

Patrick is a chad, hopefully he will win Elise’s heart someday. Even Angelica winning Elise’s heart would be preferable to her dating Rean.

Only if you don't do her bonding events in 4. Also, you'll regret that part about Angelica.

Speaking of which, I don't feel too spoiled about what will happen in Crossbell, mainly because you don't learn how and why any of that bad stuff is happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if Godzilla shows up at some point however. Overall the game spoiled me less than Sooks did.

True! I think the only time you'll out of the loop will be in the Divertissement.

I imagine a Sept-Terrion will be important to the next game, but here they’re only mentioned once, by Instructor Thomas during the last day.

You technically already got a glimpse of the Sept-Terrions, haha...

There are giant robots now, making Cold Steel a remake of Xenogears during the last 20 minutes

Obligatory

Xgffwrxo o

The Divine Knights are yet another thing to keep track of. Was there another Divine Knight in Lohengrin Castle, which is why it was all glowy like the Old Schoolhouse?

Yup, but this one was already taken.

I think the cliffhanger ending here didn’t feel as strange as FC’s did, because in this case it doesn’t feel like the game ended in the middle of a scene.

Still the best cliffhanger ending.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Act 1’s structure of “return to a previous area, find your allies, fight some members of the Legion of Doom, repeat” reminded me of SC’s first half, except there are mechas this time.

SC and CS2 are very similar, but in this particular regard they both suffer the "sequel/payoff curse" where 50% of the game is padding and the other 50% is kino. CS2 is weird pacing-wise, because Act 1 was the best first act in the series until Kuro as you are actually progressing the plot at this point. After the Intermission, it full rollercoaster effect.

At the end of Act 1 our hero is brought to an enemy airship, is given an offer to join the villains, and is told the backstory of a tragic antagonist. This seems very familiar…

See above.

Crow is less antagonistic than I was expecting him to be. He even made Rean a Filet-O-Fish! He also fully explains his backstory, which had some surprises like how the ILF was working for Cayenne the whole time, rather than them teaming up at some point, and Vita has been grooming Crow as Ordine’s pilot for some time. It’s through him that we discover the true villain of the game is capitalism. He'll probably rejoin the party at some point, but not anytime soon if he's somehow vital to Vita's plan (pun unintended).

Always has been, ever since the first game. Cold Steel is one of the few JRPGs to tackle a topic like class struggle

With Alfin's moral support, Rean finally masters his power and holds off Bleublanc and Duvalie...then he just runs past Xeno and Leonidas and almost literally swats Altina aside. Why work hard when you can work smart, right?

Kino...

Anyway, Act 2 will be the true test of strenght. I will watch your carreer with great interest.

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

You doing okay?

Today I am. I just needed a good night's sleep after working so hard.

15 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’d rather this be done with pretty much any other member of Class VII, but it’s still cool to see. Plus at least she has one of the best designs in Trails. Well, in Cold Steel 2 anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/bxvRIug.jpg

6 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Dark Deity has swimsuit DLC.

React as you will.

31 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I caught Covid and decided I couldn't head back home for the bank holiday.

When did this happen!? Hope you're well...

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lol I don't hate this game. I've just never wanted to play it because I think it looks bad.

As for the DLC, that is just more proof of that, bur I'm happy for you, at least.

I don't have the game myself, nor do I want it.😆 I agree with you the game ain't a looker, the cheap appearance a lot of Indies have turns me off from ever getting them (even if it isn't entirely their fault).

I was just making a simple "bearded guy got a swimsuit" joke. And your earlier thoughts on the game I had thought sharper than you're saying now. I see in the following comments you've made that your critique was more on the developer themselves. My error, and my pretty bad low-hanging fruit grab.😅

1 hour ago, ping said:

LeJce8q.jpg

Lekker :):

Thank you for this. I was literally just playing Civ 5 (I got it during the Steam summer sale) with the Dutch minutes ago!🤣 A hot-wet Continents Plus on Immortal, I finished researching the tech for Polders ...the very same turn Mongolia suddenly backstabbed me and was ready to steal my helpless second city.😑

I keep returning to Civ 5, but it keeps frustrating me and I rarely finish any runs. Either the map is too cramped to start, or I get a warred on by someone with a bazillion units eventually. There was...

• The amazingly good (Fountain of Youth, Mt. Sinai, and Lake Victoria were all in the "new world") Polynesia Terra map run where China seized my capital. I really shouldn't have deleted the initial map save.
  • Another Poly-Terra attempt (no barbarians to make it easier) where Ethiopia sent a Great Prophet against the only city of my founded religion. 
  • The Rainforest Brazil run where the Dutch invaded me in the lategame. (This is my fault, jungle really does kill your Production, I should've sacrificed a few of my many Brazilwood Camps and cleared a few jungle hills.)
  • I have an Arboreal Celts run where I've been able to settle next to El Dorado (I found it first for the 500 Gold), the Rock of Gibraltar, Uluru, and I'm pretty sure there is one more Natural Wonder over the sea where I can settle -except Suleiman is angry and I need to go back like 40-60 turns and build a galleass navy and a few more ground troops against his bloated ship-stealing fleet if I want to survive. It's so good that I refuse to delete this run.
  • And lastly, there is the Emperor Fractal Egypt playthrough where I got a nice start on an isolated continent and built three cities, with a little save scumming, I was able to build every Tourism-oriented Wonder except the Parthenon (I took the Oracle instead) and Uffizi (never had a chance), but at turn 400 I stood basically no chance of winning a Cultural Victory against Hiawatha and Alexander (who won the World's Fair by a landslide), and Shaka sent an unending navy at me if very sinkable with a few nuclear submarines.
  • All my attempts at Domination fail in some way before I've even taken a single city. Where does one find the time to build enough up to date units and yet not end up with negative Gold? I tried the Huns, and yet Portugal my "easy" neighbor was able to reach over 20 City Strength and my two Battering Rams couldn't handle it.

Playing below Emperor is too easy, yet unless I really cook the books, I don't stand much of a chance of avoiding defeat at or above Emperor. The one time I won on Deity was Diplomatic with Venice, and that win was by the sweet mercy of Darius, who could've killed me if he as much as blinked.

So thank you for showing me the Great Land of Polderia that I was denied!😃

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Machina but yes.

Whoops!😅

To be fair, flipping back through this topic, you mistook him and that blue skin with white hair as Indoline not Machina at first impression. I forgot your posted learning that he was the latter, and I've been sticking my head in the ground the entire time, so there is that too. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

And one of the victory quotes that has caught on is Eunie's "hear that Noah? Lanz wants something a bit meatier" and as expected people are making gay jokes about this.

Well, in my flipping back through what you had written, you did say he was "bro" in personality. The stereotypical friendly exuberance of bro offers the opening for that form of humor methinks, if fans and or the story choose to toy with it. Particularly if the bro and MC are close to each other and have a history together at the game's start.

Now slap a "G" in front of this testosterone-laden half-Machina's name for "Glanz", which is "glans" with the "s" flipped and straightened to a "z". And "glans" is the anatomical name for uh... don't look go searching for pics.😛

A more sophisticated juvenile joke.

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ive been gone for a week or so?

Nice to see you back!🙂

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What have i missed?!

I went to a nice museum, I then finished SRW 30 after more than 150 hours, and played some more Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Also, I've descended into another depressive episode of mine where: being on SF, being the Internet in general, looking at NSFW yaoi pics (you might want to stay away from page 5012 of this topic!😆), and playing the occasional video game, are what temporarily represses my all-consuming desire to lay in bed and tremble in fear and sorrow at the black specter that eventually comes for us all.

So nothing particularly out of the usual for me.

I'm not going to be on the XC3 bandwagon right now, because the game is relatively close enough to a certain date that I'm intentionally delaying on it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice to see you back!🙂

thank you!

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

went to a nice museum, I then finished SRW 30 after more than 150 hours, and played some more Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Also, I've descended into another depressive episode of mine where: being on SF, being the Internet in general, looking at NSFW yaoi pics (you might want to stay away from page 5012 of this topic!😆), and playing the occasional video game, are what temporarily represses my all-consuming desire to lay in bed and tremble in fear and sorrow at the black specter that eventually comes for us all.

So nothing particularly out of the usual for me.

I'm not going to be on the XC3 bandwagon right now, because the game is relatively close enough to a certain date that I'm intentionally delaying on it.

Well, dont give up hope!

Well, when you get that far I hope you enjoy!

Billiam Nullity gets miffed, continues in thread

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

When did this happen!? Hope you're well...

Probably last weekend, I had symptoms most of this week, hopefully will clear up soon but I've the concern it'll linger on me.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Rainforest Brazil run where the Dutch invaded me in the lategame. (This is my fault, jungle really does kill your Production, I should've sacrificed a few of my many Brazilwood Camps and cleared a few jungle hills.)

This is too realistic

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, I've descended into another depressive episode of mine where: being on SF, being the Internet in general, looking at NSFW yaoi pics (you might want to stay away from page 5012 of this topic!😆), and playing the occasional video game, are what temporarily represses my all-consuming desire to lay in bed and tremble in fear and sorrow at the black specter that eventually comes for us all.

Embrace the horniness, IO

Horny Ok GIF - Horny Ok 86Eighty Six Anime - Discover & Share GIFs

36 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Billiam Nullity gets miffed, continues in thread

Wait, Gravity Falls is already 10 years old? Man, I'm old. Feels like yesterday that Pinecest caused a shitstorm

41 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Probably last weekend, I had symptoms most of this week, hopefully will clear up soon but I've the concern it'll linger on me.

rFbje5B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Maybe, and i am trying atm to mix it up a bit, but man are characters quite weaker in a different role

For now. Like this is my setup right now

20220730_201712.jpg?width=768&height=432

20220730_201714.jpg?width=768&height=432

2022073019584600-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F

2022073019584800-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F

2022073019585100-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F

2022073019585300-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F

(leaving out the Hero character cause they don't matter).

...you know, i was gonna prove a point with this but i just realized that four out of the six are in classes that benefit their original roles haha. But remember, i've already invested into several classes for each, you can see that reflected in the Master Arts (not that you'd have a way of telling which is from which class).

Also speaking of Classes, the Hero Roster in System does tell you what you need to do to uncap them. Though be warned of potential UI spoilers when you go there (as long as you don't hover over the empty slots, you should be fine).

Yeah interaction good so far, but i want a bit more

You will get more my friend. You will get so much more.

And i am noticing the lack of heart to hears

Admittedly, i did say Heart-to-Hearts were gone but traditionally. Cause Campfire Topics are basically the same thing, only some lead into quests now.

You can't rewatch them in the event theater tho, 0/10.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

What have i missed?!

My birthday was last Saturday. It was fun, we went bowling.

I had also bought an early copy of Xenoblade 3 a few days prior and it arrived on my birthday. So i have a week's headstart on everybody else. On Ch.6 right now.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Haha.

My main gripe so far is the soundtrack. 

Its just... Meh

Whaaaaat? Soundtrack goes hard. The battle themes? Kino. The area themes: kino but in a way different from the series (they can't convey the usual grandiose adventure cause you know, war, but they still convey the majesty quite well).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, in my flipping back through what you had written, you did say he was "bro" in personality

He is bro but like not in the way Reyn was, if that makes sense. But like Reyn, he is a meathead.

"I'll use my thinking muscle for this one" -Lanz

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

this but i just realized that four out of the six are in classes that benefit their original roles haha

Yeah i was gonna say lol

Defender Taion tho interesting.

Also Taion totally an FE player lol. Even his class is Tactician heh

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

oundtrack goes hard.

Case in point

Yeah Soundtrack S-tier so far. Btw, what's the battle the that plays at the very start of the game?

Well, i do think atm the game has a top 10 potential, maybe even 10/10, but with just 17 hours i can't really say that lol.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Defender Taion tho interesting.

Works surprisingly well.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Btw, what's the battle the that plays at the very start of the game?

Not sure, I've generally been avoiding looking up the soundtrack so far.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Well, i do think atm the game has a top 10 potential, maybe even 10/10, but with just 17 hours i can't really say that lol.

Me at 35+ hours is feeling that 10/10 more and more but the true question for me is does it top Xenoblade 2. A question I still do not have the answer too.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've generally been avoiding looking up the soundtrack so far

Same lol

I am trying to stay as blind as possible and even disconnected myself from all communities lol. I don't wanna get spoiled.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

does it top Xenoblade 2

nia-xenoblade.gif

3 doesn't have this checkmate:p

I do like 3's chain attacks more, but man do i miss these crazy chuuni dances and the announcer going "CHAIN ATTACK -AWESOME!!" lol

Edited by Shrimpy

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

but man do i miss these crazy chuuni dances and the announcer going "CHAIN ATTACK -AWESOME!!" lol

SAAAAME

It would've been so easy to have the announcer come on during Chain Attacks. Imagine hearing him say the names of the Chain Orders when they're completed.

Hey at least we get Sena saying "yippee" every time you choose her Chain Order.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Whaaaaat? Soundtrack goes hard. The battle themes? Kino. The area themes: kino but in a way different from the series (they can't convey the usual grandiose adventure cause you know, war, but they still convey the majesty quite well

Im sorry i just don't like it so far. Xd