• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Itsuki is dull as dishwater, easily the worst protagonist in anything FE related, Corum included.

You forgot about Sacred Stone's blandula twins

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/63/79/HBVGSnYs_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/7f/c5/PSSitdZJ_o.png

I don't know... They're both really good portraits.

Maybe I should give him a twin brother or something

Looks more like Moulder put on a standard FE quality disguise 😛

23 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That sounds more ominous than what you probably meant xD

It couldn't be worse than what happened to Maya. Poor girl went from cheery "Let's think positive!" gusty young woman to a muted player's mouthpiece. All because the curse of being the "main" character in an Atlus game was passed on to her.😔 

15 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

left one looks weird imo

I like the clothes on the left. The issue is that Moulder has a very square face. On the right, the sprite shown in the final game, the square is nice and tight. The left's head is bigger, wider, and the face has lost some of its firmness, like a gelatin mold in the shape of a square that has begun to melt.

Head Final on Body Beta would be perfect, with a little adjustment or two.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

left one looks weird imo

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Looks more like Moulder put on a standard FE quality disguise 😛

That's a good burn

Honestly, I do like the beta portrait, but the more I look at it... I think what makes the difference is that final Moulder is studier. Beta Moulder looks like a regular priest dude. Final Moulder looks like he's built like a boulder, which is more accurate to the character. Yeah, it was a nice test to make, but I think I'll keep final Moulder.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Head Final on Body Beta would be perfect, with a little adjustment or two.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll check out how that looks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

jYRQp34d_o.png

Wow, I actually really like this. The shoulder looks a wee bit off, I think? Like it's a bit too high. Maybe. Either way, that's an easy fix.

Thanks @Interdimensional Observer! It was a simple idea, but sometimes those are the best kinds. I might use this, I like it a lot.

19 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Also what was Eclipse going on about when she posted about someone making a ticket while not logged in?

You know old man, I think that's the kind of mystery that is best left unanswered.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

jYRQp34d_o.png

Wow, I actually really like this. The shoulder looks a wee bit off, I think? Like it's a bit too high. Maybe. Either way, that's an easy fix.

Thanks @Interdimensional Observer! It was a simple idea, but sometimes those are the best kinds. I might use this, I like it a lot.

You're right, it does look good. Glad I could help!

As for the shoulders, I was afraid after I made the suggestion of a "pinhead" effect. That the Final Head being smaller than the Beta -which also had a bulkier body- would make Moulder look ill-proportioned. I can see it just a little, but it's not as incongruent as I thought.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're right, it does look good. Glad I could help!

As for the shoulders, I was afraid after I made the suggestion of a "pinhead" effect. That the Final Head being smaller than the Beta -which also had a bulkier body- would make Moulder look ill-proportioned. I can see it just a little, but it's not as incongruent as I thought.

That's because I didn't follow your suggestion - well, not entirely, haha. Final head on beta body looked awful, so I did the opposite. I took the cloak and shoulder from the beta portrait and threw them on final Moulder. I probably ought to play with the shoulder a bit more, but the result is surprisingly good. Kinda wish they went for this now. While the head is undeniably better, I do feel the old outfit had more... personality, to it.

5bHqIyZS_o.pngPSSitdZJ_o.png

With all the added ornaments it may be tough to perceive, but the shoulder lines on the two portraits are actually nearly perfectly aligned now. Yeah, that looks great.

...You know what my problem with portraits is? Even though I'm not an artist, I still get that awful feeling where I keep seeing the most insignificant flaws in them, and I just have to jump in and fix them. And then turns out I've wasted an hour moving pixels on a face. Oof...

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

What do you do Rubenio?

Me? I've nothing to report anyone here for. I just think it's best not to go around poking our noses into that sort of thing. It's not our business and mods tend not to be too fond of being questioned about that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Also what was Eclipse going on about when she posted about someone making a ticket while not logged in?

To be honest, I was surprised to learn that one can even do that as a guest. But from the sound of it, the sneaky sneak didn't bother to use a VPN. ;):

No idea what the (perceived) naughtiness could've been, though, and I don't really care enough to go through the recent posts of this thread to find out.

1 minute ago, ping said:

To be honest, I was surprised to learn that one can even do that as a guest. But from the sound of it, the sneaky sneak didn't bother to use a VPN. ;):

No idea what the (perceived) naughtiness could've been, though, and I don't really care enough to go through the recent posts of this thread to find out.

Do what? Post stuff that could get one banned?

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

Do what? Post stuff that could get one banned?

Report a post. Somebody did that without logging in, presumably hoping that they would remain anonymous that way, unless I severely misread eclipse's post. But that apparently didn't work, and I'm speculating that it's because they made the report from the same IP that they normally log in with.

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

This feels like a cut-in to me when he crits, but obviously the transition and cut to it blends in. Was it the same with the other crits? Think it was, but didn't really see that till now. Looks like crit quotes are back after all. And the guy falls with some weight to him too, not a happy end I suppose.

His name's Clan in Japan by the way.

To be honest, I feel that criticals peaked in Awakening and just have felt less and less impactful since.

You could make your case with animations being better in other games but only Awakening had such a fun build up with the spark at the beginning and the strikethrough of the character portrait across the screen followed by the attack itself landing with amazing weight.

In Fates there's less of a buildup with the sound effects being much quieter and having an awkward tear of the character portrait with a quote that, at least personally, is much less unique than in Awakening, even if the animation quality is better.

In Three Houses, there is no build up, it just happens, and half the time I didn't even hear what the character said, and even the attack just feels loose and weightless.

The new critical system (If this is what it's going to be) looks like a step in the right direction, there's definitely a lot more weight in the attack.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will go to your house and use your toilet, but I will miss and leave the back of the seat area slightly smeared with piss. Yeah, I'll go that far.

I am going to move your broom in front of a door, so it falls when you open it, startling you for a moment.

Ruben leaving slight inconveniences is most threatening.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay but listen, Berwick Saga is the natural next step--

Thor Really Though Meme - img-hobo

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not really...I mean Seth has better stats at his start of the game join time.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, I had forgotten. In their C support, Forde presents concerns to Eirika that her skirt might be too short, and then she flashes him.

dknBvvg.pngV3mIXy7.png

I thought you must've been exaggerating.

What an out of character moment for Eirika.

Send this to anybody who says only modern Fire Emblem is this horny

45 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, the apocalypse just got a date.

I wish you could like posts on this forum.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will go to your house and use your toilet, but I will miss and leave the back of the seat area slightly smeared with piss. Yeah, I'll go that far.

I am going to move your broom in front of a door, so it falls when you open it, startling you for a moment.

*Wraith coughs into his hand*

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

To be honest, I feel that criticals peaked in Awakening and just have felt less and less impactful since.

You could make your case with animations being better in other games but only Awakening had such a fun build up with the spark at the beginning and the strikethrough of the character portrait across the screen followed by the attack itself landing with amazing weight.

In Fates there's less of a buildup with the sound effects being much quieter and having an awkward tear of the character portrait with a quote that, at least personally, is much less unique than in Awakening, even if the animation quality is better.

In Three Houses, there is no build up, it just happens, and half the time I didn't even hear what the character said, and even the attack just feels loose and weightless.

The new critical system (If this is what it's going to be) looks like a step in the right direction, there's definitely a lot more weight in the attack.

Yeah, I think that's a fair summary. Awakening probably did do it best, and it has the best lines because I can actually remember one. I can also remember one from Three Houses, but that's because it's Hanneman going "aha, a weakpoint" like the absolute dork he is, I love him. Fates... I can remember Charlotte making a mad face and going "I will tear you in half", for no particular reason. Drawing a massive blank on Echoes's crit shenanigans.

Pleased with the new direction taken.

Ruben leaving slight inconveniences is most threatening.

It's fun to come up with them. Maybe next time you defy me I will threaten to leave a curl on a corner of your carpet.

Thor Really Though Meme - img-hobo

Hey, that guy looks like someone I knew once. He was in the same student housing where I spent my three college months. We didn't talk that much.

...I'm probably supposed to know who this man is, aren't I? Hey isn't the other one Elon Musk--

Anyway, yes. The one obvious evolution from The Boulder is Endgame Ready Beard himself. Dew it now or suffer the consequences, for that router is looking mighty unpluggable right about now.

dknBvvg.pngV3mIXy7.png

I thought you must've been exaggerating.

What an out of character moment for Eirika.

You didn't post the screenshot where she goes "you mean like this?" and shows him the door to darkness. Just, straight up, in the middle of the battlefield.

...I mean, to be fair, Forde is a really cool dude, he deserves it. He also deserves stats, but alas, life is unfair.

Send this to anybody who says only modern Fire Emblem is this horny

FE1 best FE because it doesn't have enough pixels to be horny

I wish you could like posts on this forum.

So do I. That is a pretty awesome line.

39 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Isn't swimsuit horny a bit out of season?

Is that... Aegina and Ruby? I mean, the drawing's quality is good, but... frankly, the way they both are, I would expect a volleyball match between these two to end not in cute fanservice, but rather brutal, bloody murder barely avoided.

By Ward standing between them and yelling at them.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

These have been on my mind since I saw them, these work. Like, animal Fates could actually work.

Especially Geckola.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Personally, I agree. It's the main reason why when I thought they were gone I didn't mind.

The quotes have had less of an impact in the discourse too (There's a reason Pick a god and pray was a common thing in the fandom of that time. You might see it on occasion from titles since, but talk about crit quote's peak was Awakening as a whole.), not helping the case for them.

Thinking of SoV, they might be an upgrade from Fates, but not by much and not enough to say that they'll be missed.