Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

since Solm seems to have a long history of Enatic succession so that part would also be conservative.

*Looks up info* oh wow so it does. Missed that.

That's very interesting, i don't think we've gotten that type of nation in FE before.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

With her very obvious onscreen death that got paraded about in the trailer, I can only imagine dumb time traveling shenanigans being enough to save her.

It is going to be very funny if she's not actually dying in that scene and simply has to take a nap to recover full strength.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plot twist: They're poor peasants revolting against the oppressive monarchy. Turns out fun doesn't save a hungry family from starving to death.

Oh silly Ruben, have you forgotten? Unless they're an enemy nation, it's the nobles who are oppressive, not the monarchs. So they are the ones who want to stop Timerra to keep offering food as part of her idea of fun and let the peasants eat cake.

Just now, Armagon said:

*Looks up info* oh wow so it does. Missed that.

That's very interesting, i don't think we've gotten that type of nation in FE before.

Begnion, kinda. As in, we don't have confirmation of their succession laws... but we only ever hear about their Empresses, and the Apostle position likewise seems to have been women only.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Begnion, kinda. As in, we don't have confirmation of their succession laws... but we only ever hear about their Empresses, and the Apostle position likewise seems to have been women only.

Begnion also had a senate of old white men and they seemed to have almost as big a sphere of influence as the Empress so the power is kinda split there.

Maybe the same thing is happening here.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

o they are the ones who want to stop Timerra to keep offering food as part of her idea of fun and let the peasants eat cake.

This is funny when you realize Solm characters are named after deserts.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Begnion also had a senate of old white men and they seemed to have almost as big a sphere of influence as the Empress so the power is kinda split there.

Maybe the same thing is happening here.

Indeed, though certain things wouldn't happen if the split was even. Seems to still tilt in favor of the Empress and Apostle positions.

Not to mention, we also don't know how succession works with the senate. So at times it could be composed of women too.

This is funny when you realize Solm characters are named after deserts.

Plot twist, the rebels are named after vegetables. The sweets faction has been in power for too long!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

wCsyLXO.png

Eki

Oy vey

If it's any consolation, though, it's better than any of my Jills in this game.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 11/28/2022 at 11:51 AM, Punished Dayni said:

"Akshualy, she'sh ahn ahdoul-"

tenor.gif

Imagine caring about fictional characters' fictional ages

Couldn't be me

21 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

However, i have to wonder if that's less Corrin's fault and more just the general storyline of Conquest. Basically Corrin needed a better story, not a better character.

Characters don't exist in a vacuum. That's why when the story is trash the characters are trash too.

But I do have some respect for BR!Corrin, since they choose to fight for what they think was right, even if put them against the only family they have ever known.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gen 9 are the best games actually because Godzilla vs Hedorah reference.

Was this mon supposed to be Godzilla?

18 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

For a moment I thought this was a "shittiest game" award. Would be fully deserved if it were

18 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

On world cup stuff...

This Brasil squad is pretty damn solid. Best since a loooooooooooong time. Can see em winning this.

How I want the World Cup to go

Q6n2jh4x o

14 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I never liked when stories tried to "two side" racism by creating a story where they're like "Hey! It makes sense that these people are racist because the people they were racist against did horrible things to them in the olden days!" when in reality racism is a cruel and unfair mindset. The game also hasn't told me why the Laguz enslaved humans in the old days in the first place making it seem like the game is trying to tell me that while humans have a justifiable reason to be racist, the Laguz were just straight up dicks.

Might makes right mentality. The Laguz can transform into beasts that can mow down any human in seconds. That's why I don't think PoR tackles the conflict in a good way.

It's the X-Men problem of "group that is expy for real discrimination is actually super dangerous and the people discriminating have real reasons to fear them."

14 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Do you understand how cool it is that this game has a Fire Emblem protagonist with actual ideals about the world he lives in.

Most other lords I can remember always just have the very general want of peace from whatever evil nation they are up against.

Ike's ideals about the world he lives in and how they are rejected by both the "evil" and "good" nations is such a nice sense of fresh air.

Granted they aren't all that deep as Ike only learned that Laguz existed a few days ago, but still, it's something.

That's because the so enlightened Ike is a Gary Stu.

Edited by Green06

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:
Might makes right mentality. The Laguz can transform into beats that can mow down any human in seconds. That's why I don't think PoR tackles the conflict in a good way.

Damn, can't wait to see the Bass Laguz.

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

It's the X-Men problem of "group that is expy for real discrimination is actually super dangerous and the people discriminating have real reasons to fear them

In a vacuum. But in the greater Marvel universe, the X-Men and the Avengers co-exist. People in-universe are totally fine with Spider-Man and Iron Man and Hulk and Thor and all the other superheroes. But a mutant? Heavens forbid!

Honestly though, the oppressed group being biologically stronger still works. Because humanity has shown time and time again that they do not give a shit about who's bigger. Hell, Tellius shows us that just because the Laguz transform doesn't give them an automatic win button against humans.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In a vacuum. But in the greater Marvel universe, the X-Men and the Avengers co-exist. People in-universe are totally fine with Spider-Man and Iron Man and Hulk and Thor and all the other superheroes. But a mutant? Heavens forbid!

Context is important. Well, though this largely depends. How many know that the likes of Spider-Man and Hulk were not born with their powers? If they know, then they can accept that fact, since it means anyone could get them too. Thor, as much as he looks like one, isn't human, so people wrap the idea of him having powers better. He's not human, so having powers isn't strange to them. Iron Man is basically tech-based powers, so that too falls under "anyone could wear the suit". Or at least, they think that mentality applies. And we know others can, like War Machine or Spider-Man with the Iron Spider suit.

Meanwhile, mutants are for all intents and purposes "regular humans" too... whose powers came to be without any kind of external source. That's why people make the distinction.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How many know that the likes of Spider-Man and Hulk were not born with their powers?

Depends if their identity is public knowledge. People know Hulk is Bruce Banner but people don't know Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, mutants are for all intents and purposes "regular humans" too... whose powers came to be without any kind of external source. That's why people make the distinction.

But like that's the thing. Some people are born with powers and others aren't, yet the effects they can have on the world around them are largely similar. There shouldn't be a social difference but it's the mutants who get discriminated on.

Just now, Armagon said:

Depends if their identity is public knowledge. People know Hulk is Bruce Banner but people don't know Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

In that case then they do know some heroes (and villains for that matter) are not born with their powers. Heck, wasn't it quite public Captain America used a special serum as well? So that too falls under external source.

Just now, Armagon said:

But like that's the thing. Some people are born with powers and others aren't, yet the effects they can have on the world around them are largely similar. There shouldn't be a social difference but it's the mutants who get discriminated on.

This certainly falls due to usage of wanting applicability. After all, mutants don't control being born with powers, same way you don't control your sex, race, etc.

Which comes back to the same problem. Being born a woman isn't the same as being born able to fire freakking laser beams out of your eyes.

I managed to form the Empire of Portugal before my game disintegrated because everyone became a satanist

A39pglqi o

Decided to try a Karling restoration now

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Damn, can't wait to see the Bass Laguz.

OOF

Fixed it now

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say that this double standard just highlights why this kind of theme doesn't work in this world.

The moment you try to be serious you have to compromise otherwise everything falls apart. See Batman v Superman.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly though, the oppressed group being biologically stronger still works. Because humanity has shown time and time again that they do not give a shit about who's bigger.

There's a difference between "who's bigger" and with beings who have an objective overwhelming advantage when pitted against each other.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hell, Tellius shows us that just because the Laguz transform doesn't give them an automatic win button against humans.

That's because the Beorc had to use their intelligence to try to even the game.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mutants are considered an evolution of the species, Homo Superior.

You know, it's a good point. What do the Beorc actually have over the Laguz? Laguz live much longer, can transform, their bodies are physically superior too, and if they weren't prideful about that, they'd just use weapons and magic like Beorc can. I can only think "Beorc aren't weak to anima magic", admittedly. Well, there's that other thing, but to say it'd be spoilers, so...

Spoiler

Laguz are more prone to fall under the influence of chaos, as seen in RD. Or just faint when it comes to the Herons. Beorc manage to be more level-headed there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly though, the oppressed group being biologically stronger still works. Because humanity has shown time and time again that they do not give a shit about who's bigger. Hell, Tellius shows us that just because the Laguz transform doesn't give them an automatic win button against humans.

That is precisely partly why they can be feared with a fragment of "logic". Keep the stronger suppressed so they don't dominate.

Although, the fact that at least Bird and Dragon Laguz live much longer lives should equate to a longer gestation period. And thus, we get the "fragility" that plagues the "powerful" dragonkind of much of FE. If humans spam enough 20-years-old Slim Lance Soldiers, they can kill one 2000-year-old Fire Dragon eventually. Quantity wins vs. Quality in the long-run, unless total eradication or control of the Quantity can be achieved.

However much thought went into it, the official timeline does state that during the time of Laguz dominance, the Laguz outnumbered the Beorc. Why this was the case is not said. Although given this era began in the aftermath of the Great Flood, assuming Tellius still took damages if even it remained above water, then I could speculate the naturally weaker species -the Beorc- died off in greater numbers. This wasn't a dinosaurs situation where the tiny mammals won out and the dinosaurs went extinct, the environment obviously remained tolerable enough to support the bigger lifeforms. Although... Radiant Dawn SPOILERS:

Spoiler

How long had passed since the Zunanma had split into Beorc and the various Laguz species when the Great Flood happened? And what % of the Zunanma became Beorc, and of how large a total Zunanma population on the Tellius continent? It is possible that only a small minority of a great many Zunanma had evolved into Beorc, a species whose more rapid reproductiveness would eventually let it outnumber the other species. Thus making casualties from the Great Flood less important, though not necessarily irrelevant.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, the fact that at least Bird and Dragon Laguz live much longer lives should equate to a longer gestation period. 

Well, we know that

Spoiler

Ena spent three years pregnant. So at least for Dragon Laguz they definitely have a longer gestation period. Though it's not proportional, considering their lifespans are more than just three times longer than a Beorc's.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

War in a couple hours

Things are gonna get so intense it'll go nuclear!☢️

From what I was listening to on the news this morning (I don't care about footie, but reporters have to talk about it), Iran can settle for a tie and advance. The last time the two countries went at it in the World Cup was in the late 90s, where Iran won. US had a morale disadvantage back then it sounded like. Now though, with the Iranian players fearing for their families' lives if they speak out and protests at home... it's fair to say they're the ones who'll be having the morale issues this time. -Not that fighting spirit determines everything.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer