• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good luck, I hope it goes well!

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was that to that one music school?

Yes!

Well, the school's not a music school specifically, but I am applying to the Music program. As a backup, I'm also applying for an arts degree in the Okanagan campus since I already live near it, (The music school's in Vancouver), but... Well, it's a top 50 University worldwide, so I'm not super sure I'm getting into either program.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Technically there is exactly one place where raw Con is used in calculations in Path of Radiance, in determining if the Warrior and Berserker mastery skill Colossus can trigger, the user needs more raw Con than their opponent (on top of having a Skill% chance of proccing...all for a +STR/4 damage increase...).

How embarrassing of me! :lol:Forgetting such an integral piece of the game.

(Jokes aside, it's funny how mastery skills went to "you can only have a few, but they're largely mediocre, with maybe a handful of useful ones" to "almost always a kill, and EVERYBODY gets one" in Radiant Dawn)

(I was going to comment on how shoving can be useful, but it seems people got that covered. :lol:)

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

On Shedinja, I remember something about it being banned in Natdex, and it's because of Air Balloon + Electric Tera Type making it pretty much unkillable, especially if it came in via Shed Tail. While Terastalization is well short of Dynamax in terms of brokenness, it elevating Shedinja, of all things, to something that needed a QB is saying something.

Shedinja swapping in with the invincibility star

The only chance the opponent would have is using something like Rock Blast if it was slower than Cyclizar on the same turn, which, yeah.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

So, I finished Live a Live. It’s a pretty neat little JRPG, I’d recommend it if the concept intrigues you. And if Akira’s story intrigues you… I’m sorry.

Reveal hidden contents

I’m pretty sure I got the best ending, I said “Nah!” after fighting Odio and Oersted gave me the dialogue choice, although I did Google the correct choice to make there because I had no idea what it was asking courtesy of the old English. Then all the protagonists united in the boss statue room and I was scared because I thought the game was gonna make me fight all those bosses again, and it did, but either they were way weaker or my characters being stronger helped with them, or both, because I obliterated all of them. Then fought the final boss and you know, ending time. Odio’s plan kinda makes no sense, he summons all the protags to his domain to do… what, exactly? If you leave the room after talking to him instead of fighting him he says this is his domain and you can’t run, so why not just… kill them all before they get their bearings and unite?

Also I like how if you bring Pogo to the final boss Odio talks to him like he understands English and he just grunts and jumps up and down to say yes like he understands… I wonder what’s going through Pogo’s head for this whole chapter while all these other people and a robot drag him up a mountain and start beating the shit out of hate incarnate. Eh, it’s probably just Beru. (My “final team” (even though the game makes you use all the characters in the good ending) was Masaru, Yun, Pogo, and Cube).

The final chapter was a little disappointingly short if you don’t do the character shrines, which aren’t that interesting anyway (other than maybe Cube’s), but I guess the cast didn’t have a whole lot to do other than beat up Satan. These stories weren’t super connected in every aspect like in some other games with multiple stories, they just have the common theme of hate linking them all together. Being able to strike down Odio with Oersted was cool as hell though.

Although because the final chapter didn’t have a ton to it, I kinda agree with Ruben that going back to all the boss fights as the bosses is peak Live a Live.

RIP Akira

Spoiler

Yeah, the boss rematch is very much "Look how far you've come" with how much you can just smash through them. Odio's plan, as it were, is supposed to be about breaking these heroes and showing them that what they did won't matter. Course, the entire point of bringing the party together and defeating all these trials is proving him wrong and in the end even giving the chance for Oersted to redeem himself in some way.

Pogo: The definitive No Thoughts, Head Empty character

Alright, more seriously, a change was made here in the remake that really bothers people. In the original version, Pogo's first word is Love and translations of the SNES version kept this. This as you see got changed in localisation and has bothered people. I can see how that happened from a technical standpoint: There's no other set of voice actors, the Ai he screams is love in Japanese and there's every concern that the delivery on it got screwed up in translation. But I still agree that love should have been localised or failing that an asterisk added that read "Translator's note: Ai means love".

Sin of Odio was new to the remake, partly to give the game something after the boss rush and frankly, good call overall, even if in the end it's just "Let's beat down on the boss with ults and Oersted will eventually do something".

A lot of LIVEALIVE's prestige comes from doing what it did at the time. I feel like it holds up pretty well in most aspects from this remake and getting to play a giant dinosaur and stomp on your enemies is a highlight in anything.

@Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

Streibough was real all along

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, he'll adopt the polar bear instead.

¿Por qué no los dos?

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jd0xR14.png

Maybe I just need to position my fliers closer but damn, having a recruitable green unit get killed on the first enemy turn is brutal

Astrid was neat in my run. She started a bit weak and two chapters later she was Invincible Juggernaut #9

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, time for Oyasumi... I mean, Omori.

Well, actually, close to 8PM over here, it is Oyasumi time.

My time

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

So, I finished Live a Live. It’s a pretty neat little JRPG, I’d recommend it if the concept intrigues you. And if Akira’s story intrigues you… I’m sorry.

Hide contents

I’m pretty sure I got the best ending, I said “Nah!” after fighting Odio and Oersted gave me the dialogue choice, although I did Google the correct choice to make there because I had no idea what it was asking courtesy of the old English. Then all the protagonists united in the boss statue room and I was scared because I thought the game was gonna make me fight all those bosses again, and it did, but either they were way weaker or my characters being stronger helped with them, or both, because I obliterated all of them. Then fought the final boss and you know, ending time. Odio’s plan kinda makes no sense, he summons all the protags to his domain to do… what, exactly? If you leave the room after talking to him instead of fighting him he says this is his domain and you can’t run, so why not just… kill them all before they get their bearings and unite?

Also I like how if you bring Pogo to the final boss Odio talks to him like he understands English and he just grunts and jumps up and down to say yes like he understands… I wonder what’s going through Pogo’s head for this whole chapter while all these other people and a robot drag him up a mountain and start beating the shit out of hate incarnate. Eh, it’s probably just Beru. (My “final team” (even though the game makes you use all the characters in the good ending) was Masaru, Yun, Pogo, and Cube).

The final chapter was a little disappointingly short if you don’t do the character shrines, which aren’t that interesting anyway (other than maybe Cube’s), but I guess the cast didn’t have a whole lot to do other than beat up Satan. These stories weren’t super connected in every aspect like in some other games with multiple stories, they just have the common theme of hate linking them all together. Being able to strike down Odio with Oersted was cool as hell though.

Although because the final chapter didn’t have a ton to it, I kinda agree with Ruben that going back to all the boss fights as the bosses is peak Live a Live.

Fair enough. Glad you enjoy it at least a bit and that you agree with me on the best part! Seriously, how many games let you do such a thing? More should.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

University application sent!

Urgh...

Best of luck to ya!

48 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Can't believe I missed that. No wonder his delivery was so god-tier, he got WAY into the role!

22 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

af38ckrdp13a1.jpg

She's just straight up tripping.

She's going to fall and hurt her knee.

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is that tiramisu but they put the front half in the back?

Dessert in the desert

You might know this already, but I'm pretty sure her Japanese name was Tiramisu, or something close to that, and they just butchered it for the localization because... Well, Tiramisu is a really, REALLY dumb name.

https://media.tenor.com/images/5374fb8a527f53ef63345dd47365ebb1/tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can't believe I missed that. No wonder his delivery was so god-tier, he got WAY into the role!

His prior Shakespearean experience came up in the thread.

You can tell in that scene.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You might know this already, but I'm pretty sure her Japanese name was Tiramisu, or something close to that, and they just butchered it for the localization because... Well, Tiramisu is a really, REALLY dumb name.

Pretty sure the text you see in the pic is her Japanese name.

They went all in on the themed naming in this game.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

His prior Shakespearean experience came up in the thread.

You can tell in that scene.

Picked the right person for the job, and no doubt. They should've made him Mario instead of Chris Prattio

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Pretty sure the text you see in the pic is her Japanese name.

They went all in on the themed naming in this game.

Ohh... I hadn't even noticed the text, I thought you were talking about the design itself.

Yeah, they just went full Ace Attorney with the names in this one. Timerra may be profoundly ugly, but... Well, at least it's less overt.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Tasty

Soooo I guess new waifu confirmed?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Picked the right person for the job, and no doubt. They should've made him Mario instead of Chris Prattio

"Fare thee well, mine Bowser?"

Scratch that, pretty sure my handling of that text is about as good as the contents of a dog's bowels..

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's neat.

Give her Niles's personal and I will simp as well

I see someone is exposing their..... tastes.

8 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

1934+NACIONAL+1934+MANCO+CASTRO.jpg

This lad was part of the winning squad. Don't think that'd happen these days.

(For some reason a bunch of photos have been flipped to pretend he wasn't missing his right arm. Sheesh.)

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

"Fare thee well, mine Bowser?"

Scratch that, pretty sure my handling of that text is about as good as the contents of a dog's bowels..

"You will-a repay my-a loyalty... In GAME OVER"

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I see someone is exposing their..... tastes.

Ya dick, that ain't what I meant and you know it.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hide contents

Pogo: The definitive No Thoughts, Head Empty character

Alright, more seriously, a change was made here in the remake that really bothers people. In the original version, Pogo's first word is Love and translations of the SNES version kept this. This as you see got changed in localisation and has bothered people. I can see how that happened from a technical standpoint: There's no other set of voice actors, the Ai he screams is love in Japanese and there's every concern that the delivery on it got screwed up in translation. But I still agree that love should have been localised or failing that an asterisk added that read "Translator's note: Ai means love".

Spoiler

That actually sounds really cool… it would be dumb if the reason would actually be because their Japanese actor said love with an accent/“wrong” because this is a caveman who lives in a time before word’s first word. It’s gonna sound wonky.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

af38ckrdp13a1.jpg

She likes she’s reaching out to catch something. We’re doing Emmeryn again confirmed?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's neat.

Give her Niles's personal and I will simp as well

I read this as Nile’s personality at first.

Yeah.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Spoiler

Lmao “loyal friend”. They know what they did.

Mobile serenes won’t let me delete the @.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

af38ckrdp13a1.jpg

Jokes aside, we got some interesting tidbits about Solm, mainly, it's a neutral nation. So Firene and Borida are allies, Elusia antagonizes them both (the latter in particular) all while Solm is like

tenor_1.gif

Between this and stuff i've talked about before, i'm more confident in my theory that we'll be going clockwise around Elyos, starting with Firine.

But it's possible that the enemy Solm units we saw are Elusian sympathizers who want Solm to ally with Elusia. I'll leave that open but i think going clockwise is more likely.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, we got some interesting tidbits about Solm, mainly, it's a neutral nation. So Firene and Borida are allies, Elusia antagonizes them both (the latter in particular) all while Solm is like

tenor_1.gif

74auqsl0rb831.png?auto=webp&s=a28506561f