Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I wonder if the Gram at one point had the ability to ignore shields. Would be kinda crazy if it did, considering how powerful it already is. But on my latest run I couldn't help but notice that not only does it look like a Rapier but also does Rapier hitting noises. And between the Rapier, the Estoc and the Colichemarde, ignoring shields is otherwise a consistent property of that weapon family.

Gotta say, though. Berwick's sounds design is just so sweet. In the sword family alone, you got different sounds for rapiers, standard swords and greatswords. As well as different sounds depending on the amount of damage you do.
Which is also sold really nicely with different animations for getting hit and all kinds of effects. If you lose 90% of your HP in a single strike, the game most certainly makes you feel it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

You joke but i do not feel like it is that farfetched anymore. 

If they remove permadeath, FE stories can finally stop being above average at best.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The one thing to destroy my hype lmao

The duality of man.

As for me... Yeah, no. I don't give a fuck about stories, IntSys has proven they are incapable of designing a game that is remotely challenging without permadeath. I appreciate casual mode as an option, but I tried it once for Garonquest and to me it's mindless. There is no risk, so there's no reason to think. You just throw units ahead and wait for the map to end. And I tried it with a harder version of what's already one of the hardest FEs!

Besides, IntSys has also proven they are incapable of writing anything that goes beyond average, so the trade-off wouldn't even be worth it. I'll keep the good gameplay, thanks. FE stories are enjoyable enough.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I wonder if the Gram at one point had the ability to ignore shields. Would be kinda crazy if it did, considering how powerful it already is. But on my latest run I couldn't help but notice that not only does it look like a Rapier but also does Rapier hitting noises. And between the Rapier, the Estoc and the Colichemarde, ignoring shields is otherwise a consistent property of that weapon family.

Gotta say, though. Berwick's sounds design is just so sweet. In the sword family alone, you got different sounds for rapiers, standard swords and greatswords. As well as different sounds depending on the amount of damage you do.
Which is also sold really nicely with different animations for getting hit and all kinds of effects. If you lose 90% of your HP in a single strike, the game most certainly makes you feel it.

I never even realized there were different sounds for weapons within the same weapon types. That blows my mind.

The second part is so true, though. Never in FE have hits felt quite as devastating as they do in Berwick. It works wonders alongside the eternal looming threat of cripplings to make heavy blows positively hard to watch. Someone give the sound and animation designers a medal.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Giving Ivy a hug kills you instantly.

The fact that so far the confirmed choices for mages are this, clown girl and forgettable shota saddens me.

Only Ugly Old Man can save us from the cringe

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IntSys has proven they are incapable of designing a game that is remotely challenging without permadeath.

Realistically speaking, it'll just be Classic/Casual Mode again.

Though maybe they could compromise. There is no permadeath but units that fall have to spend the next battle recovering. So there's still risk.

Of course i have a job and college so i'd just default to Casual Mode for the battle saves.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fact that so far the confirmed choices for mages are this, clown girl and forgettable shota saddens me.

But what about the girl with the big funny dress?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Though maybe they could compromise. There is no permadeath but units that fall have to spend the next battle recovering. So there's still risk.

Add a gold penalty for each instead of being incapacitated for a map and that's pretty much the SRW way.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still better to get over them in Goal Differential... just in case, considering the next tie-breaker value.

Argentina just got a second.

I think Group C just went to Latin America?

Well, one more goal either way would seal it.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Argentina just got a second.

I think Group C just went to Latin America?

Well, one more goal either way would seal it.

Not yet. Since:

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

It might actually come down to Fair Play broooooooo

🔥

This.

59IsF69.png

Is there really no button to press to skip a battle? I swear it was in Sacred Stones.

0Lztz29.png

Ooh, I like that design.

NX8kcCd.png

It was always curious to me that promoted Pegasus knights weren't called Valkyries. Feels like it would've been the perfect name to give to the units who are basically angels of death coming from the sky.

qzRXWKy.png

jwX9ajA.png

DUgw2a2.png

This girl suspiciously looks like Ike's dead mom.

nW9WMRz.png

Talk about Chinese court culture.

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So not a full lost cause yet?

We shall see...

I'll hold off using any strength boosters in the meantime.

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you save the coins, and transfer data over to the next game, those coins will have a less silly use.

Radiant Dawn transfers data from PoR?

I wonder if I could do that on an emulator...

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, you got a little unlucky, but there is also a method using smite and push to get Ike to recruit her on turn one. Fun fact, when I ironmanned Path of Radiance, I also lost Astrid turn one, as the first casualties I had was the BK bursting out of his house with Mordecai at the very edge of his range (also lost Ilyana, as she was close enough to Mordecai that she couldn't escape the BK's range either, but I digress), but without the ability to smite I couldn't get the 1 turn recruitment and lost her here too.

...Smite?

10 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

af38ckrdp13a1.jpg

Hey I'd love a Brazilian inspired FE nation, but only if it commits to it on the same level as Hoshido to Japan.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

0Lztz29.png

Ooh, I like that design.

That is about the response I expected.

I can't think of anyone who hates this guy, at least design wise.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...Smite?

It's Shove, but 2 spaces.

Mordecai has it.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Is there really no button to press to skip a battle? I swear it was in Sacred Stones.

I think it's not there either...

It was always curious to me that promoted Pegasus knights weren't called Valkyries. Feels like it would've been the perfect name to give to the units who are basically angels of death coming from the sky.

RD makes up for it, kinda. Though yeah, that's curious.

This girl suspiciously looks like Ike's dead mom.

That would've explained a lot.

We shall see...

I'll hold off using any strength boosters in the meantime.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Radiant Dawn transfers data from PoR?

I'd think it's possible. It's just a matter of the emulator detecting the memory card data, just like in the actual consoles.

Hey I'd love a Brazilian inspired FE nation, but only if it commits to it on the same level as Hoshido to Japan.

So never, then.

This so exciting AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

https://feuniverse.us/t/lex-talionis-absolution-22-32-chapters/7045

You might like this. Not exactly the same as what you want, but it does have some Latin Amercian influences i think

Edited by Imperator Squilla

Finally got into the mindset to resume A Portable. The infinite SP cheat doesn't seem to work for subpilots, or at least Hayato and Benkei, even when swapped to the lead. Otherwise no issues with the illicit power boost, spamming Love + Enable + Exhaust and God Slash let me send Don Zauther to the scrapyard quickly enough. Surprisingly "only" 190k HP, yet I do not regret cheating here, he ruined my wonderful binge of this game. Turned it off once I got to the intermission, hopefully I won't need to resort to that again.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inb4 the spike is retractable.

That actually would make for a decent femme fatale murder weapon. Find a man who has hormones, not brains, let him come in close for a impassioned smooch, then pierce his windpipe.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Which law? No Jumping? No talking? No kissing? Xd

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Pretty sure all the rules in that game could cover these 😛

• If we outlaw Technique, then the Dragon Tech skillset is banned, which includes Jump.
  • If we outlaw Chivalry, then Parley is forbidden, which presumably involves talking to the enemy as part of the persuasion. Alternatively we ban Hunt because Advice seems like it'd involve talking. Both of these skills are curiously prevented by Silence, whereas the rest of the arsenals of these classes aren't. Dragoons can't use Bangaa Cry either. 
  • If we outlaw Charm, then we ban the Lilith species's Kiss skill.

So there you go: no jumping, no talking, no kissing. Doable in just three laws.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finally got into the mindset to resume A Portable. The infinite SP cheat doesn't seem to work for subpilots, or at least Hayato and Benkei, even when swapped to the lead. Otherwise no issues with the illicit power boost, spamming Love + Enable + Exhaust and God Slash let me send Don Zauther to the scrapyard quickly enough. Surprisingly "only" 190k HP, yet I do not regret cheating here, he ruined my wonderful binge of this game. Turned it off once I got to the intermission, hopefully I won't need to resort to that again.

Good to see you've picked it up again.

Now see this is why Zauther got the honor to be one of the few non-OG final bosses of a SRW game.

15 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh no, you're playing with animations on.

15 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah Dolphin allows.

16 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Not FE but

tumblr_pxjbpzyQ5z1rt57awo3_1280.png

hell i don't know if this place in Gravity Rush 2 is based on any place in particular but i felt like i was walking through Venezuela's market streets here. Idk, i just got those vibes.