Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'm not, and that's the thing. I don't want to, but I also don't don't want to.

So sorta apathetic? IIRC, you've mentioned family issues in the past as dissuasion. Yet I'm guessing there's a tiny bit of society-imposed FOMO pushing in the opposite direction that results in things kinda canceling out into a kind of ambivalence? -Don't answer if you don't want to. I forget not everyone is as open as myself here.😅

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that how many took you for SRW 30? XD

Exactly that many.😀 I might've left a few Onboard VR battles unfinished (if they even count in the total), and I never got to the short postgame. Yet otherwise I completed every single mission there was, no grinding "front" battles (not like you would ever need to with the game being as easy, long, and enemy level-scaled as it is. And I had no problems bringing everyone to Ace status).

I half-regret not picking up the Expansion Pack now (only half b/c I remained hesitant on the price for what content it offered), as there is little chance I'd go back and replay the whole thing. And if the ExP battles are all doable even after the story is over, it wouldn't feel quite the same as if I had done them one-by-one during the story itself.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So sorta apathetic? IIRC, you've mentioned family issues in the past as dissuasion. Yet I'm guessing there's a tiny bit of society-imposed FOMO pushing in the opposite direction that results in things kinda canceling out into a kind of ambivalence?

Don't know if to call it apathetic or ambivalence. More like stress? And yes, it's related to that. Wouldn't really say it's due to being society-imposed, or due to being FOMO.

Exactly that many.😀 I might've left a few Onboard VR battles unfinished (if they even count in the total), and I never got to the short postgame. Yet otherwise I completed every single mission there was, no grinding "front" battles (not like you would ever need to with the game being as easy, long, and enemy level-scaled as it is. And I had no problems bringing everyone to Ace status).

I half-regret not picking up the Expansion Pack now (only half b/c I remained hesitant on the price for what content it offered), as there is little chance I'd go back and replay the whole thing. And if the ExP battles are all doable even after the story is over, it wouldn't feel quite the same as if I had done them one-by-one during the story itself.

Well, so long you keep the save file, you can get the Expansion Pack and play through its content. No need to play through the entire game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never liked Shanna. Or any early pegasus, for that matter. They all tend to be the same thing. Zero strength, zero defenses, useless speed, and on top of that the pros like them for flying utility. Pfeh!

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Farina.png

• Better Str than Lowen and Kent
  • Better Def than Sain and Kent; basically the same as Heath without HHM bonuses (although his HP is admittedly a fair bit higher)
  • Pays for those advantages with lower (i.e. still very good, but less overkill) speed than her sisters
  • Pros hate her because she costs time and money to recruit

I have witnessed a historical moment.

D7ksXLDF_o.pngGYbMctCU_o.png

For the first time in mankind's history, lethality has been useful. Had he not killed that warrior with lethality, I would've needed every character available to kill him, as he would've murdered the green horseman. With him dead, I was free to rush the fighter with my other units before he could kill the children.

...And at this rate it won't even matter, because now a monk is terrorizing the children and I can't find a way to kill him in time. And every green unit game overs you. Man... This is one of the new maps added to Lonely Mirror in the last update. I think it's going to need a bit of tweaking. It's insanely difficult to protect the greenies.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never liked Shanna. Or any early pegasus, for that matter. They all tend to be the same thing. Zero strength, zero defenses, useless speed, and on top of that the pros like them for flying utility. Pfeh!

Well, good on ya! What are some of those games, if I may ask? You have me curious now.

Luckily, Seth can be benched and the grinding can be avoided.

I use pegasus mostly as mage killers. But now that I think about it , you don't need high res if you OHKO these nerds.

Games like Freedom Planet , Pikmin 2 , Crash Twinsanity , Sonic Heroes , ect...

They tend to have some glaring problems like the strange physic engine of FP , the downright cruel difficulty of the latter caves in Pikmin 2 , Twinsanity being an unfinished game all around , having to play Heroes 4 times to properly complete it ; But I ended up liking them due to the charm of their world , characters and story. Uniqueness and the OSTs are also something that I value a lot (The perpetual high energy of FP , the dynamic ost of Pikmin 2 , Twinsanity only using accapella , ect...) and sometimes I just see something more in those games that most people tend to brush off. Like how every move given to you in Freedom Planet is both a combat and movement tool , making everything flows seemlessly and being the reason I always replay this game.

More and more people seem to care much more about wether or not a game is objectively "good" when what always mattered to me is how much you vibe with it. 

12 minutes ago, ping said:

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Farina.png

• Better Str than Lowen and Kent
  • Better Def than Sain and Kent; basically the same as Heath without HHM bonuses (although his HP is admittedly a fair bit higher)
  • Pays for those advantages with lower (i.e. still very good, but less overkill) speed than her sisters
  • Pros hate her because she costs time and money to recruit

Meh. I prefer this one.

Portrait_syrene_fe08.png

• Design is actually different as opposed to looking exactly like every other pegasus that ever was.
  • She's cool but you'd never know it because the game doesn't let her exist long enough.
  • Worse bases than Seth even though she's the last unit to join and he's the first. Worse growths, too.
  • Likely to die before you can even reach her.
  • Play Ruben Stones.
7 minutes ago, Loliko said:

I use pegasus mostly as mage killers. But now that I think about it , you don't need high res if you OHKO these nerds.

If anything peggies are likely to have more trouble than others there. Their strength is THAT low.

7 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Games like Freedom Planet , Pikmin 2 , Crash Twinsanity , Sonic Heroes , ect...

They tend to have some glaring problems like the strange physic engine of FP , the downright cruel difficulty of the latter caves in Pikmin 2 , Twinsanity being an unfinished game all around , having to play Heroes 4 times to properly complete it ; But I ended up liking them due to the charm of their world , characters and story. Uniqueness and the OSTs are also something that I value a lot (The perpetual high energy of FP , the dynamic ost of Pikmin 2 , Twinsanity only using accapella , ect...) and sometimes I just see something more in those games that most people tend to brush off. Like how every move given to you in Freedom Planet is both a combat and movement tool , making everything flows seemlessly and being the reason I always replay this game.

More and more people seem to care much more about wether or not a game is objectively "good" when what always mattered to me is how much you vibe with it. 

Freedom Planet? @BrightBow Look!

Eh, ultimately, all games are going to have flaws. All of them. That is the only absolute, "objective" truth. What matters is whether a game's flaws are going to be big enough to impact one's personal experience meaningfully. I mean, everyone likes crapping on Fates's story, but I consider it an upside because it makes me laugh lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I often get to her on turn 2. 

Yeah, me too. But she does die pretty quick, from what I remember.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FE fans don't cry about optional tools for newbies challenge (Impossible)

Where do you even go to find so many people to disagree with? I've strayed clear of the detractors pretty easily so far.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where do you even go to find so many people to disagree with?

Reddit. 

People bitching about the turnwheel and blaming gameplay issues on it instead of, ya know, 3H bullshit design.

It's like they don't wanna any tools to help people at all. It's casual mode all over again and the fear that "casual mode will kill perma death gameplay in FE"

...and you know which game was it that totally felt not cool with Perma death/Iron man?

Fucking 3H

...Was Fodlan a mistake all along

Aslong as the game isn't designed like 3H maddening or Super Thracia turnwheel is an optional thing.

Ruben, anything bad you did in your hack you did because Save states exist! 

fZ3Ok8N.jpg

Jumping over the big loading dots is also fun.

sFlQb9W.jpg

"Is that the one?"

"Thanks a bunch!"

"Is that the one?"

"Thanks a bunch!"

"Is that the one?"

"Thanks a bunch!"

cpl8P4L.jpg

I love how I can just put on this song for a side battle.

YsfCb4F.jpg

I actually have heard about this before how depending on any amiibo you've scanned you get a special song from that game. I only have female Corrin so unfortunately no Alight but Dark Fall is pretty good to.

If a bit anxiety inducing.

C0p9gyX.jpg

Also ever since we came up with the hypothetical FE x Assassin's Creed game with Petra as the main character, I felt obligated to set her down the path of an Assassin.

Xyt9EoJ.jpg

Not to say nobles don't have struggles and strife, but this has got to be one of the most privileged things I've ever heard.

5Tz6hVP.jpg

The irony of the commoner saying this to the noble.

LWuLIcl.jpg

Well he was a disowned son, so he might as well not have been a noble anymore.

VbXaOn1.jpgeBh55TP.jpg

Yes!!
GCfmaSy.jpg

No!!

APCn1c6.jpg

And perhaps...be lost in thought??

Bonus Scenario: Where the Heart Lies

These next DLC scenarios happen in the downtime after the big clash with the UND.

The Super AI's of the GGG and Brave Express are engaged in an argument over which takes priority: Defeat the enemy or save the endangered lives. They end up calling Fronter Setter for his input, who brings up how prioritizing one leads to a trade-off, so an order of precedence must be stablished. As they all want to keep the people safe, then the priority should be decided based on that, even if it comes to changing the objective several times. The AI's are in awe, declaring him to be superior, but Frontier Setter considers them the ones who are superior due to their vast range of emotions. He even declares his less emotional approach to problems is what led to the simplistic if effective thought process. Still, the other AI's are impressed.

As the AI's chat, they're being watched by Angela. She asks an approaching Chirico about feeling lonely without Fyana around, who answers if that's what he's feeling right now then it must be. Angela then comments about thinking he was like a machine, but she now gets reminded he's human after all. He comments he might've well could've been a machine before meeting Fyana, living for just piloting an AT. He muses the Super AI's would've been more human than him. Angela is skeptical to hear that, to consider them human due to their mechanical bodies and AI minds. Chirico asks what does that leave her, and if perhaps she finds it hard to accept about them because she doesn't accept herself. Angela muses that might be it. Their talk is being observed by the rest of the Astragians, who have different opinions regarding thinking about such things. Just then, the alarm sounds. After the big clash with the UND, not many mechs can deploy, but Chirico and Angela can, as well as the Super AI's.

The enemy group are composed of both local Soundrels and Astragian AT Pilots. The former muse it must be weird for them to be so far away from home, but the latter comment home is where there is a battlefield to fight. The scoundrels like the sound of that, and comment there's Federation troops ahead they can attack and pilfer their stuff.

The group deploys, with Angela musing it's pretty much just her, Chirico, and the Super AI's. To her surprised, she's named commander of the operation, but seems to warm up quickly to the idea. And stage begins!

Enemies are Zectars, Scopedogs, and Standing Tortoises. Interestingly the Astragians are now labeled AT Pilots, indicating they've truly gone rogue. Okay then, let's go!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ultimately what I hate is my life, pretty much.

What’s wrong? I hope everything improves.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Aslong as the gameplay isn't designed around it *cough*3HMaddening*cough* It's no problem

No no, this is good. More turnwheel good.

But yeah, that too.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

What’s wrong? I hope everything improves.

Just so many things going on in it being far from favorable.

I'd wish so too, but some I feel are just lost causes.

So, something of an interesting trivia I recently found out. The track SRW T uses for Expelled from Paradise was completely made up for the game. Apparently the actual tracks from the movie are in the same legal issues like the ones from Zeta Gundam. Too expensive to license now. There is an EfP track in the Special Music Edition since you had to pay extra for that anyway, but for the regular soundtrack of the game? Gotta make a new track.

Anyway, destroying a couple enemies, more Zectars spawn. And as it turns out, there's a group of children in their path! The Super AI's quickly move to intercept the Zectars, and then proceed to destroy them. After telling the children to get away, they move back into their previous positions. Angela comments how she could do nothing but they were able to move immediately in order to save lives. She comments how they are more human than her, who has lived her entire life in DEVA, where such things as life and death are mere abstract concepts. Still, the Super AI's comment they were prepared because they ran simulations of such an outcome with Frontier Setter. They talk how there's no such as a perfect human being. Learning from mistakes is part of being human, after all. Angela still seems unsure, but Chirico tells her it's up to her to decide what she wants to be. This seems to do the trick, as Angela declares she's a human being. Frontier Setter adds how that's what they wanted to hear. No matter if her body is synthetic and her personality digitized. She's still Angela Balzac. Angela thanks them and is now fired up to lead them and finish up the fight!