• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

And technically Smash was introduced as an ability in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To continue with what Lightchao said, Kirby has had the Smash Copy Ability since 2004 with Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. (No normal enemy can provide it, only Master Hand can, or the Copy Essence in the post-final boss ability room.) The weird thing about it is that the Copy Ability is comprised mostly attacks Kirby already had, yet it does have one hitherto Smash-only move, Kirby's neutral air attack. It's nothing flashy, but it counts.

Oh I actually didn't even realize that was an ability, I thought it was something else lol.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..work on the games we've been planning to make." Sounds Vanillaware ought to announce something new sometime this year.

I do remember they did say they had something cooking.

I'll check the rest of the interview later.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And most likely Engage digital sales are much higher

Although wether Engage will have 3H's legs that's left to see, the game is such a 180 from 3H and many newcomers don't like it

There was also the relatively lack of marketing on the English side for some reason.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The pain of being a SRPG

Sparks of Hope undersold, ya hate to see it happen.

Spoiler

Predictable as it is, though, I do like how what ultimately cements Mauvier's turn is not Veyle, but rather Marni's death. 

...it does feel a wee bit rushed, though. Mauvier is more gradual, but Marni just drops a sob story and has a change of heart in all of five minutes before dying to a dinky dagger stab. Nobody even moved, Mauvier at least should've sensed the danger when Zephia very slowly walked behind her.

Then again, she always gave me the vibe of being underdeveloped. As in, mentally. 

Chapter 21 spoilers above.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wikipedia cites 580k in Japan by March 2020, about two-thirds of a year's time, 2.87 mil total. Upped to 3.82 mil by the end of 2021.

So, Engage does have a long way to go to see how it fares. Not ideal for providing IS with most-immediate feedback on their next non-remake entry.

Digital sales could be higher, Japan supposedly has been shifting digital like the rest of the world. Though putting out the same physical numbers as a title from 2019 despite the Switch to sell like hotcakes, could be interpreted as a sign of problematic sales stagnation. -Yet let's face it, no matter how "big" it gets, Fire Emblem is stuck being in a niche genre.

I just want it to do well enough to prevent this from becoming Three Houses: The Series. 3H proved they don't need gameplay at all, they can just do glorified VNs with the barest minimum effort in gameplay and it will, if anything, be more successful. I don't want one of the most enjoyable, fun and replayable series I've ever played to become that.

...of course, if they could finally make a game with good everything, that'd be best, but...

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

here was also the relatively lack of marketing on the English side for some reason

*Tinfoil hat on*

Someone in Ninty NoA hates FE

*Tinfoil hat extra*

Especially with that localization

*Tinfoil hat off*

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..of course, if they could finally make a game with good everything, that'd be best, but...

I really wonder what's stopping them from doing that?

Could it be after the rumored "Fates Team A vs. Team B" situation they decided to just split the teams or something?

Or is it just the resources? Although with FEH they should've all the time in the world....

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Predictable as it is, though, I do like how what ultimately cements Mauvier's turn is not Veyle, but rather Marni's death. 

...it does feel a wee bit rushed, though. Mauvier is more gradual, but Marni just drops a sob story and has a change of heart in all of five minutes before dying to a dinky dagger stab. Nobody even moved, Mauvier at least should've sensed the danger when Zephia very slowly walked behind her.

Then again, she always gave me the vibe of being underdeveloped. As in, mentally. 

Chapter 21 spoilers above.

Spoiler

You know, I couldn't help but chuckle.

Because I remember that one time we(?) equated the Hounds to the Nohrian siblings. So... Marni just got Elise'd by Zephiander more or less, pft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh I actually didn't even realize that was an ability, I thought it was something else lol.

They brought it back in Kirby's Dream Collection, and Planet Robobot, though it's very rare there. Smash has also picked up in these later iterations Kirby's side-smash (ultimately derived from the Fighter ability), the up-throw (from Ninja), and changed the guard animation to include a Smash Bros. bubble shield.

Not as crazy as they could've gone, like actually using the Copy Abilities Kirby gets from other Smash characters, yet it's a Smashy Kirby blend nonetheless. 

KaTAM_Candy_Constellation_Boss.png?20200

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I really wonder what's stopping them from doing that?

Could it be after the rumored "Fates Team A vs. Team B" situation they decided to just split the teams or something?

Or is it just the resources? Although with FEH they should've all the time in the world....

At this point I would accept it if someone told me Kaga placed a curse on FE before he left.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230126_1447302891122330530983205.j

There is zero chance I will get any of my favorites in, as per usual, but... I mean, who cares. It's just Heroes. I won the day the Engage leaks were revealed to be true. Even if I did not know it yet.

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

You know, I couldn't help but chuckle.

Because I remember that one time we(?) equated the Hounds to the Nohrian siblings. So... Marni just got Elise'd by Zephiander more or less, pft.

Spoiler

Ahahahaha! Oh my God, you are so right! She really is goddamned Elise!

Also, I just realized how horrendous the "underdeveloped" part sounded. I forgot to elaborate! What I was trying to say is, she was clearly abandoned at a VERY young age and then groomed into a Hound. Nobody truly raised her, so she never matured past the point of her abandonment. Still a child vying for her monster of a mom's approval. The mom's name may've changed, but it was all the same.

Sadly enough, if you think of it this way, she already had a sort of parental figure, and she never even realized it. Mauvier worried for her when she stole the rings, tried to protect her from Zephia's wrath multiple times, heard her out when she finally opened up and was legitimately distraught when she got stabbed. She was just too blind and desperate for Zephia's attention to see it. Tragic.

Or maybe I am just reaching but dangit I like that moment okay, it's true. Engage good, sue me haters.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man i want to play some but work was so damn tiriting today

Maybe i should just fool around Somniel today

Allow Sommie to soothe your soul after the exhaustion of work.

Un fucking believable.

It got good, guys.

It got fucking good.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What indeed.

MASSIVE LATEGAME SPOILERS

Spoiler

Would you believe me if I told you very recently I was thinking about Corrupt Hyacinth and wondering "if she can rise the dead and the only change is slightly dilated pupils, why not use that on Morion or Hyacinth again, or Lumera or Florra's villagers or anyone else who has died?"

They actually foreshadowed this whole thing. Holy fucking shit.

Wow.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Would you believe me if I told you very recently I was thinking about Corrupt Hyacinth and wondering "if she can rise the dead and the only change is slightly dilated pupils, why not use that on Morion or Hyacinth again, or Lumera or Florra's villagers or anyone else who has died?"

They actually foreshadowed this whole thing. Holy fucking shit.

Wow.

Spoiler

... I won't say anything just yet...

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

... I won't say anything just yet...

Spoiler

You're telling me there's MORE?! Like a billion things have happened! Marth is RED now!

Well, I will have to wait a while yet. No way I can beat another chapter in 20 minutes, much less right before bed when I'm not at my best.

Tomorrow, though. Tomorrow I'm getting to the bottom of this.

...Ironically enough, all I wanted was to quickly nab Mauvier so I could start working on the paralogues, getting his supports and hopefully some backstory on him and the Hounds. Needless to say, I decidedly did not get to do that lololololololol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Even you?

Even me.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh my it must be unironically peak fiction then

Well, I don't know about that, I'm just a guy haha. But I can confirm, the same game with pearls such as "we have to engage", "the Divine Dragon is so shiny when she sweats" and... everything Alfred has ever said has just blown my humble, subjective, imperfect, goddamned motherfucking mind. Hortensia's design be damned.

They really need to drop the ball MASSIVELY in the chapters I've left. Otherwise this is the new greatest FE ever made and that's that.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was waiting for you guys to start reaching that part, heh.

Oh, no wonder.

Spoiler

Tell me, do you remember how many things I've said that have made you go

maxresdefault.jpg

Because I am certain with all of us combined there must've been a good few, really funny statements for you who had the advantage of further knowledge. This is one of those moments.

All I wanted was Mauvier Acacia

They baited me with the bearded old guy so I would fall into the rabbit hole

They literally tailored this trap for me!

Oh i am at Kaga twist ™️

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They really need to drop the ball MASSIVELY in the chapters I've left. Otherwise this is the new greatest FE ever made and that's that

Even above Berwick?

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Even above Berwick?

Uhh... No. Don't think so yet, at least. But it does beat New Mystery, which I know you aren't as fond of, but for me no FE - actual FE - has managed that in like, the what, 8 years since I first played that game?

Heck I think it beats Karajan Saga too. For all I loved that game, it had somewhat weaker gameplay and far more infuriating story beats, courtesy of Kaga's fetishes.

It really only falls short of Berwick. I am truly, thoroughly impressed. Again, IF it doesn't fuck up spectacularly at the very end.