Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You know, with the mismatched audio-text, I can certainly notice when certain lines got rewritten. It can be a little distracting, heh.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have come to the conclusion that Ch.21 is almost good. It's very intense like Ch.17, the problem is the last boss.

Spoiler

You have to absolutely rush Veyle with every offensive Emblem Skill. If she lives even one round, you're done, because you'll be surrounded by reinforcement spam and also Veyle kills you. I do not like these "absolute condition" bosses, Jesus Christ IntSys. 

Only thing I haven't tried is baiting Veyle and that's because that puts me in range of dragon attacks anyway.

Will approach this with a clear mind tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pamela

I see. You know, this is actually the one time Pamela's death is ever brought up. In the other games, she doesn't know how she died.....nor does she seem to really care. She's happy being a ghostly merchant, a nun, and an adventurer.

Edited by Armagon

Ahahaha, Ivy one-rounds Ike!

Sorry Sooks, but Ivy is best girl, not Timerra.

And Paralogue's done. I wanted Alear to deal the final blow, but Ivy critted with Thunder, pft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmm just like me then, ike giving everyone a hard time, but get rekt by Ivy.

I dont want her to outlevel everyone too much, but she always one round any enemy or bosses it just happen naturally.

Yeah, she has shot up to be my highest leveled unit at this point, hahaha. First to reach Promoted Level 5...

Also I'll promote Timerra too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

If Alear is supposedly the draconic messiah/god of this world, people sure as hell don’t treat him as one.

Not for the lack of trying, Alear keeps asking everyone to be casual.

That and some characters pray to and worship him in game, and not everyone has the same idea of worship.

You are forcing your idea of worship on characters who might've a different idea of it.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

For its worth, I actually did liked that

Spoiler

Ivy asks them to be less casual in their A support (I think just with her or so, from what I recall), and Alear does say they'll try to be more considerate then.

But yeah, that's the thing for the most part. Alear is just not that strict or interested in enforcing any one way.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Did you create the flames or them?

It was on the map

I will check again today after work maybe i missed something and i was super tired yesterday and more interested in fooling around and trying other stuff

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Certainly for a few, heh. I was looking forward to make that Marni Elise comparison. XD

But I'll admit it's the last few chapters I was looking forward the most.

Spoiler

Oh, boy. This is gonna be an interesting weekend...

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Errmm

Ch.17 gameplay

Hide contents

How tf should i know when the flames will just disappear like that?

It disappeared on ep and was kinda bs ngl

Not quite sure what you're talking about. Could you elaborate? I don't think anything like this happened to me.

Spoiler

Heck I actually used the flaming tiles to help me cheese the dual boss charge. They never went away.

EDIT: OOOHHHH You mean Roy's flames right? Yeah that threw me for a loop too at a different point.

You have to consider they work like your own dragon veins - they last for the remainder of the phase where they are created, until the end of the next phase. Created in PP, last until the start of next PP. created in EP... Yeah.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wow

That's super high praise coming from you

Isn't it? I am quite giddy about it myself.

8 hours ago, Spara said:

Alright, just beat Chapter 17.
Glad y'all were right that it's a pickup after the Solm maps. Also:

Hide contents

I CAN FINALLY DO SIGURD!LOUIS AGAIN LET'S GOOOOOOO

No spoilers if you are past chapter 11

Spoiler

On the natter of getting Emblems back... I'll admit, one thing that irks me about this game is that reclassing into mage is super inconvenient. You get zero emblems that can teach tomes outside of Celica, so if you want like, mage Timerra, you are left waiting the entire midgame for her to return.

...or, buy the DLC and wait for a mage Emblem to be released. The cynic in me wants to say that's the reason. Sneaky, if so.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man, Corrin is really tailor made for Alear. Not only does she make him a great support, but also gives +HP, +MAG and +RES -> can use arts better, can tank mages better and can actually make use of Levin Sword/not stay 1 range locked.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about it that far, but even the stat bonuses benefit Alear the most.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Also, Timerra seems to unironically be one of the best characters so far. I wanted her to be, and she seemed like she would be, but now that I’ve seen her and 3 of her C-supports, I’m sold. Best character.

Meh.

...next run I gotta use her.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have come to the conclusion that Ch.21 is almost good. It's very intense like Ch.17, the problem is the last boss.

Reveal hidden contents

You have to absolutely rush Veyle with every offensive Emblem Skill. If she lives even one round, you're done, because you'll be surrounded by reinforcement spam and also Veyle kills you. I do not like these "absolute condition" bosses, Jesus Christ IntSys. 

Only thing I haven't tried is baiting Veyle and that's because that puts me in range of dragon attacks anyway.

Meanwhile me: haha Etie go one-round

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Will approach this with a clear mind tomorrow.

That would've been for the best. I know you already beat it, but I just wanna say, I didn't have that much trouble. I did it like this:

Spoiler

The other reinforcements aren't infinite, so I wrapped them up and used a couple tirns to position everyone around Veyle.

I'll admit there was a bit of a fright when Mauvier got entrapped in the middle of the enemies (after baiting Veyle and getting chain defended, fortunately), but he dodged a 34% and lived. Those dodge tiles worked against them.

Then it was just a matter of applying muscle girl to the problem, like every boss since like, chapter 14.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

EDIT: OOOHHHH You mean Roy's flames right?

Hmmmm

Spoiler

A flaming tile in the map suddenly disappeared. Atleast i don't think it was a Roy tile....

Wait a second-

It might actually be now that i think about it

Yeah ok i am dumb. Or was really way too tired from work yesterday

On one side you have people lamenting the fact character worship the MC, then on other you had people that complaint their treatment are too casual for worship worthy object...

duality of men indeed

HAHAHA

And here i thought/wished we wont have any difficult discourse like "what is war-crime", but we get as much heavy, (if not heavier) with: "what is a deity/god" discord instead.

We did it folk, FE engage truly become current peak FE

Edited by joevar

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

...or, buy the DLC and wait for a mage Emblem to be released. The cynic in me wants to say that's the reason. Sneaky, if so.

Spoiler

Honestly i don't think so. I think it's more likely they wanted to limit the player's ability to reclass for big chunk for the game.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

37 minutes ago, joevar said:

And here i thought/wished we wont have any difficult discourse like "what is war-crime", but we get as much heavy, (if not heavier) with: "what is a deity/god" discord instead.

The answer to the latter question is Sommie.

The answer to the former question is not visiting Sommie after every battle. The sentence, extra cuddles next battle.

Now how's this for discourse: Would Edelgard visit Sommie after every battle?

37 minutes ago, joevar said:

We did it folk, FE engage truly become current peak FE

Yes.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Honestly i don't think so. I think it's more likely they wanted to limit the player's ability to reclass for big chunk for the game.

Spoiler

I guess, but it feels a bit arbitrary. Everyone and their mom teaches swords, and you get bows, axes, lances and fists very soon after 11. In fact, it's just tomes, knives and staves that you don't get until really late into the game.

I think Byleth should've taught tomes and staves. It would've made him a nice counterpart to Leif and played into his whole "Imma teacher" thing.

...The utility weapon types, come to think about it. Huh. Maybe it really WAS intentional after all lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

There's not enough Veyle fanart

On 1/26/2023 at 4:19 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

We are nothing alike, 06.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

5 minutes ago, Green06 said:

There's not enough Veyle fanart

There will be too much Veyle fanart and too little of characters I like. I am the real victim here.

5 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

give it time, she seems like the heroine of the game unless something changes in the second half

Yeah, if there's one character I think is going to get loads of fanart, it's Veyle. 06 is just impatient lol