Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, no wonder.

Reveal hidden contents

Tell me, do you remember how many things I've said that have made you go

maxresdefault.jpg

Because I am certain with all of us combined there must've been a good few, really funny statements for you who had the advantage of further knowledge. This is one of those moments.

All I wanted was Mauvier Acacia

They baited me with the bearded old guy so I would fall into the rabbit hole

They literally tailored this trap for me!

Spoiler

Certainly for a few, heh. I was looking forward to make that Marni Elise comparison. XD

But I'll admit it's the last few chapters I was looking forward the most.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Errmm

Ch.17 gameplay

Spoiler

How tf should i know when the flames will just disappear like that?

It disappeared on ep and was kinda bs ngl

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But it does beat New Mystery

Wow

That's super high praise coming from you

Alright, just beat Chapter 17.
Glad y'all were right that it's a pickup after the Solm maps. Also:

Spoiler

I CAN FINALLY DO SIGURD!LOUIS AGAIN LET'S GOOOOOOO

Quick Dragon Age observation of the day: Wade and Herren are excellent. I'm sad that I don't think I can bully Herren by enabling Wade any longer.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

a boss proves to be too much BS, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of dropping the game prematurely and watch the rest

I wanted to add that I've done this myself with Atelier. Twice. Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha. And in those cases, the bosses were the final nail in the coffin.

Totori lacked a lot of QoL from Rorona, everything took way too long and by the time I got to the mandatory final boss, I just could not beat it no matter what I crafted. And time was running out, so I quit.

Atelier Ayesha has better QoL but had an extremely vague sense of direction, it's the one game in the series where I quite never figured out how alchemy worked, weapon crafting was needlessly convoluted and I ran into a mandatory boss that would not go down and time was once again running out. So I quit while questioning why the hell Ayesha is considered by many to be the best starting point.

I've seen some Atelier fans say that "it's ok to fail the time limit because NG+ let's you carry things over" but that's like.....so unsatisfying.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unfortunately, I can't read the rest of the interview this came from. But you can, as it's in Castile & Conquistadors Chatter.

"you had the opportunity to work on an already established franchise, which series would you choose to make a new game from?

Kamitani: As for our current titles, Muramasa was created so that sequels set in the world of Genroku could be created quite easily. I didn't waste time trying it out creating 4 DLCs, but I still have plenty of ideas for a Japanese-style setting.

Also, I've been talking to the rest of the team about the possibility of making a Dragon's Crown game with additional characters in the style of Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, but I personally would like to make a new and original game"

This is interesting because Vanillaware has never done sequels before.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhh... No. Don't think so yet, at least. But it does beat New Mystery, which I know you aren't as fond of, but for me no FE - actual FE - has managed that in like, the what, 8 years since I first played that game?

And look at it this way, Berwick is too fundamentally different from any Fire Emblem game.

I'm looking forward to it now man.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck I think it beats Karajan Saga too. For all I loved that game, it had somewhat weaker gameplay and far more infuriating story beats, courtesy of Kaga's fetishes.

Oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Vestaria Saga 2 is gonna be retroactively hurt by me playing it after Engage.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Heck I think it beats Karajan Saga too. For all I loved that game, it had somewhat weaker gameplay and far more infuriating story beats, courtesy of Kaga's fetishes.

This didn't happen to me?

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This didn't happen to me?

Huh

Is it some skill or something then.

Because a unit i was hiding behind the flames out of show enemy range suddenly got attacked on enemy phase after fire disappeared....

I will try again tomorrow. Maybe i truly missed something

Man, Corrin is really tailor made for Alear. Not only does she make him a great support, but also gives +HP, +MAG and +RES -> can use arts better, can tank mages better and can actually make use of Levin Sword/not stay 1 range locked.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh

Is it some skill or something then.

Because a unit i was hiding behind the flames out of show enemy range suddenly got attacked on enemy phase after fire disappeared....

I will try again tomorrow. Maybe i truly missed something

I didn't even realize that the flames could disappear on their own in the first place. Either that or you really did just miss something.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man, Corrin is really tailor made for Alear. Not only does she make him a great support, but also gives +HP, +MAG and +RES -> can use arts better, can tank mages better and can actually make use of Levin Sword/not stay 1 range locked.

Guess dragon buddies stick together.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wanted to add that I've done this myself with Atelier. Twice. Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha. And in those cases, the bosses were the final nail in the coffin.

Totori lacked a lot of QoL from Rorona, everything took way too long and by the time I got to the mandatory final boss, I just could not beat it no matter what I crafted. And time was running out, so I quit.

Atelier Ayesha has better QoL but had an extremely vague sense of direction, it's the one game in the series where I quite never figured out how alchemy worked, weapon crafting was needlessly convoluted and I ran into a mandatory boss that would not go down and time was once again running out. So I quit while questioning why the hell Ayesha is considered by many to be the best starting point.

Thanks for sharing this! 😀

I've fought two bosses shortly after each other able to inflict with the Curse ailment on everyone. One was okay as a gimmick battle, but two? Curse prevents HP recovery, is incurable, and there are no accessories that grant immunity to it.😐 

-Heck there hasn't been a single way to cure or resist Paralysis or Poison either. Only Sleep, the ailment that cures itself when an enemy attacks you. How did alchemy find ways to drop meteors yet not address these basic maladies? Somehow an alchemist invented a solution for Petrification, yet not more likely household sicknesses?

From the way it sounds, I'm nearly done, so I could say I played through most of it, not like I would be giving up much too soon. I've obtained the components for Klein to create a replacement Ruby Prism (he's not going to try stealing it back from the villain- Klein's an alchemist, and being a very talented one makes him of the nonliteral "Lineage of Iris") to save the world and stuff.

Also, as for Pamela, If you're interested about how she's explained in Iris 1...

Spoiler

It turns out she was a maiden sacrificed to a dragon long ago (which the heroes much earlier slew). She escaped the dragon, but ended up freezing to death. In the frigid bowels of a mountain, the heroes find Pamela's preserved body. They bring her there, (whyyy force me to make this little trek twice?) and she remembers her past. Contrary to tropes about ghosts as the heroes complain, Pamela chooses not to Rest In Peace after learning what she long yearned to know, who seriously wants to RIP?

gsdx-20230126172145.pnggsdx-20230126172154.png

Overall a pleasant little conversation. I can't say this game doesn't have some silly charm. Her frozen body is hidden behind her portrait's head BTW.

The dialogue was enough to remind me I have existential dread, yet thankfully without actually triggering depressiveness.

I've seen some Atelier fans say that "it's ok to fail the time limit because NG+ let's you carry things over" but that's like.....so unsatisfying.

How rogue like you are to defy the others fans' spin!😜

Kamitani: As for our current titles, Muramasa was created so that sequels set in the world of Genroku could be created quite easily. I didn't waste time trying it out creating 4 DLCs, but I still have plenty of ideas for a Japanese-style setting.

I wouldn't mind more feudal Japan. Maybe it's a little overdone ofc, yet Vanillaware is good at leaning into Shinto-Buddhist mythos, more nuanced perhaps than some other portrayals from what I've seen (Muramasa's first endings are one-of-a-kind in video games).

Within the realm of fantasy, I'd like to see Vanillaware take on Hinduism. Kamitani did draw a depiction of Durga as Mahishasuramardini for New Year's in 2012. Hinduism has a rich mythos not exactly fully capitalized on in entertainment, and the gods being larger-than-life would suit yet another Vanillaware hack n' slash.

This is interesting because Vanillaware has never done sequels before.

There's a long Japanese interview from 2013 which -I obviously can't read it- claims Kamitani was opposed to sequels in general. Yet Odin Sphere, and to a less extent Dragon's Crown, carry some DNA from Princess's Crown. I'd say the small size of our dev under discussion and the related business considerations could also discourage sequels. As could a creative mind's understandable disinclination for repetition. 

Guys, I have won Fire Emblem.

umlz6Ag.jpg
This is my true card (unless there’s a chapter better than chapter 10).

The chapter I just beat, whose number I’m not saying out of a spoiler tag to not spoil best character’s recruitment, is weird in that it’s not as fun as the rest of the chapters beforehand. The fog is bad, and a horde of fliers + fog is bad, and wolf knights + fog is terrifying. I would have lost had I not had Alfred hit a lucky 54. The bosses also decided to split up for some reason, which was nice, since I fed one of the kills to Timerra. I’m probably not promoting her until level 20 because favoritism and she already joins at 18. I did promote most of the rest of my units though, except Jean because I have no money and he heals anyway.

But as far as the chapter itself, it’s okay that it’s not as good. Because you get the ultimate reward for clearing it.

It’s good to see others are getting to really good parts of Engage (again). I should be able to progress quite a bit over the weekend, although I have no clue when I’m going to do the paralogues (probably when Hortensia joins, if they give me more deployment slots).

Also, Timerra seems to unironically be one of the best characters so far. I wanted her to be, and she seemed like she would be, but now that I’ve seen her and 3 of her C-supports, I’m sold. Best character.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Did you create the flames or them?

dang, Ike paralogue is quite nasty like the original huh. and what with that disgustingly high Def of Ike like armor knight, thankfully he still downed in one round by Ivy whose Magic also absurdly high, lol

and ike be like

Spoiler

ikes.jpg

sure ike, sure. and we will be game over and sombron take over the world if you win that

Edited by joevar

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

N O

C'mon, don't you like the 2 identical bald bandits trope that has consistently appeared through the franchise?

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Which goes back to Lumera spending a thousand years saying "Don't worship me, worship my child instead".

Like, is it really hard to accept that fact?

And when was this established? Vander clearly states that to Alear “You are a divine dragon, a member of a royal family of dragons revered as deities” which is plural and not singular, implying that Alear isn’t the only one worship as a god. I know that Alear is important and is worshipped as such, but the game hasn’t established at least to my knowledge that Alear is the only divine dragon worshipped god. And even if Alear is the only god the people of Lythos worship, the holy land was still invaded, god was attacked multiple times, the sacred castle was attack and mysterious forces whom we know at the very least are allied the Elusians from future chapters killed the mother of god! And I have to ask again, why does no one seem fazed by this blaze act of blasphemy? In either situation shouldn’t there be major implications outside of simply feeling sad for Alear? Why make the divine dragons worshipped as gods of the people of Elyos don’t seem to care about their deaths or them walking.  I don’t know about you guys but if Jesus was walking around today and talking people I’m pretty sure people would fall to their knees and worship the ground he walked. So why is everyone so causal with Alear, even before Alear says for them not to do such? 

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Atleast say something that makes sense, you are just hating to hate and literally everything you say is bs

Shrimp these are important questions that the game at least to my current knowledge never attempts to answer or treat in any serious manner. If Alear is supposedly the draconic messiah/god of this world, people sure as hell don’t treat him as one. People in the game don’t act like Alear is a god by falling to their knees, prostrating themselves or any thing else. The game just has some characters act surprised at best or basically just hold a normal conversation with Alear. If Alear was truly worshipped as the game states, shouldn’t meeting Alear be more then just a causal conversation? Shouldn’t it be treated as a humongous and monumental thing, like if you met Jesus in real life? You’re literally meeting a god, I’m pretty sure that’s supposed to be something illicit a bigger response then simply “so you’re the divine one huh? Well that’s neat” which is how the game treats most people interacting with Alear. That would be like if in Dune Messiah Paul Atreides talked to a random Fremem who didn’t know him and there reaction was “so you’re Muad'Dib, my leader and messiah? That’s neat I guess”. And if they wanted Alear to be an important person in the world, but not godlike in the manner I see the game treating him as, then just make him a legendary heroic character with royal ancestry. At least then the characters’ responses would make more sense because at least there they’re meeting someone important from history and they probably would have a normal conversation with Alear. I.E. don’t make a Alear a god in the eyes of the world they’re in and do nothing with it or treat it without the importance it should have.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

16 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

And when was this established? Vander clearly states that to Alear “You are a divine dragon, a member of a royal family of dragons revered as deities” which is plural and not singular, implying that Alear isn’t the only one worship as a god. I know that Alear is important and is worshipped as such, but the game hasn’t established at least to my knowledge that Alear is the only divine dragon worshipped god. And even if Alear is the only god the people of Lythos worship, the holy land was still invaded, god was attacked multiple times, the sacred castle was attack and mysterious forces whom we know at the very least are allied the Elusians from future chapters killed the mother of god! And I have to ask again, why does no one seem fazed by this blaze act of blasphemy? In either situation shouldn’t there be major implications outside of simply feeling sad for Alear? Why make the divine dragons worshipped as gods of the people of Elyos don’t seem to care about their deaths or them walking.  I don’t know about you guys but if Jesus was walking around today and talking people I’m pretty sure people would fall to their knees and worship the ground he walked. So why is everyone so causal with Alear, even before Alear says for them not to do such? 

Then that just means Veyle is wrong. You'd be surprised at the amount of stuff you pretty much don't know or are misled to for later revelations. Just keep playing.

Again, word of the attack hasn't reached far yet. It's not like the party goes out announcing about the Lythos attack to every crowd they come across.

Spoiler

Veyle doesn't even know she actually killed Lumera, because Lumera never told anyone she was pouring her power into Alear, hence leaving her too weak to survive Veyle's attack.

And they do react, that's why you head over to Brodia next, since they are already in conflict with Elusia.

Again, people only actually worship Alear, not Lumera per se. The fact they do feel for Alear means they care. It's just, again, it's a thousand years of Alear and only Alear being the one of worship... as told by the other Divine Dragon around.

Well, other than the royals, no one actually could visit Alear, since access to Somniel was strict. So they first see Alear being casual before knowing they're THE Divine Dragon oftentimes.