Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Damn, all this Berwick talk's making me want to replay it once more. Still got one slot left before I fill up my memcard. We'll see, not quite sure. Could be a nice way to remember what a truly good story looks like after Engage lololololol

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn, all this Berwick talk's making me want to replay it once more. Still got one slot left before I fill up my memcard. We'll see, not quite sure. Could be a nice way to remember what a truly good story looks like after Engage lololololol

Yes Rubenio, yes! Fight the hype!

I started a Berwick run last fall but didn't finish it due to school stuff. I really should get back to it - I had crazy stuff like instapromo Czene, Tankcival, and +10 hit brace on Axel with the Battle Saw. I was all the way up to Impossible Dream, too. 
Now I've got 3 concurrent FE(ish) playthroughs considering Engage Maddening, Berwick, and my FE4 revisit (haven't played in a while and set it up on a homebrewed wii so I can play on my TV, so far so good. Planning on doing the same for FE5 and Path of Radiance before also replaying RD on original hardware). 

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yes Rubenio, yes! Fight the hype!

Haha, well I mean, I never changed my stance on this. Engage's gameplay is top tier, but so is Berwick's in different ways. Engage is nice visually, but Berwick beats it thanks to its beautiful pixel art. Engage's soundtrack bops, but so does Berwick's. I like Engage's cast and I like Berwick's cast, probably a bit more. And then Berwick has a far superior story and fleshes out of its characters, NPCs and playables both, and its world far better, so there's the tiebreaker.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

I started a Berwick run last fall but didn't finish it due to school stuff. I really should get back to it - I had crazy stuff like instapromo Czene, Tankcival, and +10 hit brace on Axel with the Battle Saw. I was all the way up to Impossible Dream, too. Now I've got 3 concurrent FE(ish) playthroughs considering Engage Maddening, Berwick, and my FE4 revisit (haven't played in a while and set it up on a homebrewed wii so I can play on my TV, so far so good. Planning on doing the same for FE5 and Path of Radiance before also replaying RD on original hardware). 

Tankcival? You've gotta be kidding me.

...But does he hit things? Tankcival can still be Missival.

Tankcival? You've gotta be kidding me.

...But does he hit things? Tankcival can still be Missival.

He does both, somehow! IIRC he was very close to promotion - HP and SPD were his first level, MAG soon after. With the HP potion he had 30HP, and could Phoenix Brace up to 32. With promotion, that's enough to tank through the 12-m ballistae.
Ignore that I spent an hour trying to rig a defense level on him and never got it. 

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but seriously

What kind of a regular battle theme is this?

@Sooks You seeing this shit?

A GOATed one. Love it when the regular battle theme goes hard.

I’m guessing you starting the demo?

Also Osvald looking like the coolest man in the world and I already know I'm going to love him. First Cyrus, now this man... Sorcerers eat well in this series.

So true.

All right, Octopath demo time. @Sooks I summon thee, fellow Octopath enjoyer.

Thanks.

...Okay but why are the PC controls like, FPS controls? What sense does that make, Square?

It was all Nintendo. They want their moneys.

Also, you can toggle the daytime on the character select screen and you get a different piece of artwork for night-time. Pretty extra, but Osvald looks even more badass in his night artwork, so okay.

Nice.

Also also

Hide contents

RtUmKhpb_o.jpg

Comedy.

This probably makes Osvald objectively the worst starter, but as if that would ever stop me. What am I gonna do with my freedom anyway? Get Ochette? Pfft!

That’s actually really cool tho. It makes it seem like the story is a bit more thought out.

Did you get any pop ups like that for any other character or did you not check?

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, beat Osvald's first chapter. Love this setting and concept, the first boss fight was pretty cool and the gameplay's pretty much just Octopath 1 with a few tweaks, which is fine by me because I liked Octopath 1.

Yes. Good.

but it'll be good for Sooks and me.

Yes. Good. x2

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot! There's a fast-forward button in the game. Always a welcome addition in these slower kinds of games. It'll make random encounters more palatable.

NICE

Well, that was fun. I am only hoping that the set-in-stone 4 chapter structure of the originla is gone now - Osvald's chapter 2 was way too short. Didn't even have a boss at the end! All chapters religiously placed a boss at the end of each chapter in OT1, even when they had to reach for it, so I'm guessing they're letting themselves have more flexibility when it comes to this.

Tressa beating up a random girl who stole her book for no reason to Battle at Journey’s End

Might tackle some more characters in the coming days. See how they handle themselves. Perhaps Ochette can win me over yet, not that I have much hope in her as a character or her story as a concept.

Really? I was considering not doing that, since you’re gonna end up doing them all in the main game anyway and that might get repetitive. I guess you would have party variety, though.

If you’re curious, the one who I’m eyeing to start with right now is Castti. But if I don’t like her, Hikari, Osvald, and Throne seem cool too. I’m still struggling through Engage though, so I’m not sure when I’ll get around to the demo.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, well I mean, I never changed my stance on this. Engage's gameplay is top tier, but so is Berwick's in different ways. Engage is nice visually, but Berwick beats it thanks to its beautiful pixel art. Engage's soundtrack bops, but so does Berwick's. I like Engage's cast and I like Berwick's cast, probably a bit more. And then Berwick has a far superior story and fleshes out of its characters, NPCs and playables both, and its world far better, so there's the tiebreaker.

*Wraith slowly backs away with a look of horror in his eyes*
A…a tiebreaker? As in…it was close between both games?!?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could be a nice way to remember what a truly good story looks like after Engage lololololol

Oh yeah, something to note I found out about yesterday.

Endgame spoilers:

Spoiler

If you game over in Endgame, you get a unique game over scene that acts as a bad ending of sorts. However, based on what happens in it, it basically entirely contradicts Sombron's motivations and modus operandi, thus kinda ruining what little interest I had in him. Also it fucking RE-DAMSELS VEYLE. WHY.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Endgame spoilers:

Hide contents

If you game over in Endgame, you get a unique game over scene that acts as a bad ending of sorts. However, based on what happens in it, it basically entirely contradicts Sombron's motivations and modus operandi, thus kinda ruining what little interest I had in him. Also it fucking RE-DAMSELS VEYLE. WHY.

Spoiler

Because of what happened in Chapter 22.

Perfectly Balanced Thanos GIF - Perfectly Balanced Thanos Infinity War -  Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

He does both, somehow! IIRC he was very close to promotion - HP and SPD were his first level, MAG soon after. With the HP potion he had 30HP, and could Phoenix Brace up to 32. With promotion, that's enough to tank through the 12-m ballistae.
Ignore that I spent an hour trying to rig a defense level on him and never got it. 

Hot damn, Missival. He always finds a way to thrive in the wackiest circumstances. One of these days I gotta do a max death run and do something silly like Konnigswolf Derrick (I butchered that didn't I), but... fuck, I love my babies too mcuh. I don't want to kill them! Even Faramir!

Okay, maybe Faramir but Faramir alone won't net me anything!

Just now, Sooks said:

Thanks.

Ayy there he is!

Just now, Sooks said:

It was all Nintendo. They want their moneys.

Well they ain't getting them. It'll take more than a slightly wonky control scheme to sway me back to 30 FPS land.

Just now, Sooks said:

That’s actually really cool tho. It makes it seem like the story is a bit more thought out.

Did you get any pop ups like that for any other character or did you not check?

I believe Osvald is the only one, though he's probably also the only one for whom it's really needed, so it's fine.

Just now, Sooks said:

Tressa beating up a random girl who stole her book for no reason to Battle at Journey’s End

Don't forget Alfyn beating the snot out of a bird to take one of its feathers. That one was so blatantly forced they didn't even get one of Octopath's beautiful musical build up moments, Alfyn just said a line and it was Battle at Journey's End time immediately.

Just now, Sooks said:

Really? I was considering not doing that, since you’re gonna end up doing them all in the main game anyway and that might get repetitive. I guess you would have party variety, though.

I initially thought of doing all, but after Temenos I realized, "hey I'm gonna have to do all these anyway lololololol". Honestly, I think what I saw with Osvald was enough. Still unsure if this'll be a release pick, but it certainly has my attention.

Just now, Sooks said:

If you’re curious, the one who I’m eyeing to start with right now is Castti. But if I don’t like her, Hikari, Osvald, and Throne seem cool too. I’m still struggling through Engage though, so I’m not sure when I’ll get around to the demo.

Castti seems all right. Not the most interesting, at a first glance, but not Ochette either. Though I fully intend to give everyone a chance, obviously. Wouldn't be the first time appearances were deceiving... Even if I'm pretty much 98% sure Osvald will be my main.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

*Wraith slowly backs away with a look of horror in his eyes*
A…a tiebreaker? As in…it was close between both games?!?

Engage is the most fun I've had with Fire Emblem in a long, long time. That is not to knock other FEs, but Engage is on another level, gameplay-wise. Berwick wins due to being superior in other factors, but as far as the gameplay goes? I'd say they're both excellent games. Perhaps I like Engage less simply because it lacks Berwick's delightful complexity that has kept me going back to it all these years. But it's close, yes.

Just now, Shaky Jones said:

It's Shakin time!

Hide contents

ZlntUVv.png

F30pMUh.png

RXXjktD.png

nIuhXKR.png

Yunaka? I sleep. Saphir? I shake and jump.

(Engage lategame spoilers in a sense)

Mom Gaming

Just now, Spara said:

Endgame spoilers:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Gahahahaha! Yeah, I know of it. Most folks love it, but joevar said... pretty much the same as you.

Personally, I just like that there's an extended game over. Always been a sucker for those, as you may remember from my LPs - though this hardly beats Gerxel murdering everyone except Tia. Deliberately, to make her suffer more.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Gahahahaha! Yeah, I know of it. Most folks love it, but joevar said... pretty much the same as you.

Personally, I just like that there's an extended game over. Always been a sucker for those, as you may remember from my LPs - though this hardly beats Gerxel murdering everyone except Tia. Deliberately, to make her suffer more.

Spoiler

I like having the scenes there, but man does it fall flat for me when it contradicts the villain's entire setup. At least we know where the "all your friends are dead" line from the old trailers finally comes from.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage is the most fun I've had with Fire Emblem in a long, long time. That is not to knock other FEs, but Engage is on another level, gameplay-wise. Berwick wins due to being superior in other factors, but as far as the gameplay goes? I'd say they're both excellent games. Perhaps I like Engage less simply because it lacks Berwick's delightful complexity that has kept me going back to it all these years. But it's close, yes.

I believe Osvald is the only one, though he's probably also the only one for whom it's really needed, so it's fine.

Based on his story, would you say he’s gonna be forced to be alone for his entire first 2 chapters no matter what or other characters could come along? If you can tell.

Also, does the demo continue after your character’s first chapter and let you walk around outside the story a little like in the first game’s demo?

Castti seems all right. Not the most interesting, at a first glance, but not Ochette either. Though I fully intend to give everyone a chance, obviously. Wouldn't be the first time appearances were deceiving... Even if I'm pretty much 98% sure Osvald will be my main.

Well, Castti is the most mysterious of the characters, and I’m a simp for mystery. Also she’s an appthecary, which is one of the classes I wish I used more in the first game. The problem is it’s Don’t Hoard: The Class, so I never played around with the cool stuff all that much, because I have the classic hoarding problem in games. I experimented with Alfyn’s skills on a new file with him one time and it seemed fun though. Anyway, unless they made major changes to a class, apothecary and cleric will be your only main sources of healing for the early game, and the cleric this time seems really boring so… time to suck it up.

Worst comes to worst, her latent power lets her do appthecary shenanigans without using any resources. Not that I know what latent power is or how it works…

Osvald has a decent chance of ending up on the main team though, because scholar was good in the first game and he seems interesting.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did use the Randomizer to add a bag to the inventory of every playable character. And also add a bunch of extra bags into Sherlock's inventory for the hell of it.
Goes a long way to compensate for the game's biggest drawback in lacking a proper item storage.

Maybe you find it interesting what I feed the randomizer with currently:

Spoiler

// prfs
unset Cutlass effect star-icon
unset Cutlass+ effect star-icon
unset Fauchard effect star-icon
set Perseid effect restore-uses
set Perseid stat durability E
set Starlight stat accuracy 70
set Starlight effect negate-dark 100

// bows
set Rossweisse effect star-icon
set Apeiron effect star-icon
set Apeiron effect cripple-rate 10

// crossbows
set VerianCrossbow stat accuracy 60
set Arbalest stat accuracy 50

// magic
set Wormwood stat might 1
set Wormwood stat accuracy 10
set Thunder stat price 2700
set Thunder stat uses 30
set Lightning effect cripple-rate 10
set Fire stat price 2100
set Fire stat uses 30
set AirBlade stat uses 60
set AirBlade stat price 2400
set Windstorm stat uses 90
set Windstorm stat price 4800
set Blizzard effect injure-rate 100
set Windtongue stat crit 0
set Sandstorm stat crit 0

// knives
set Dagger stat might 2
set KillerKnife stat might 2
set Dart stat level 2
set Dart stat might 2
set Dart stat uses 12
set Dart stat price 600
set Seax stat might 4
set Seax stat accuracy 60
set Seax stat level 4
set Vespa stat might 3
set Vespa stat accuracy 70
set Vespa stat level 4
set Crotalus stat might 2
set Crotalus stat accuracy 60
set ThiefsKnife stat accuracy 60
set ThiefsKnife stat might 2
set AirKnife stat might 2
set AirKnife stat level 2
set TempestKnife stat durability B
set TempestKnife stat accuracy 70
set ThrowingKnife stat might 2
set ThrowingKnife stat accuracy 60
set ThrowingKnife stat level 5
set BoltKnife effect star-icon
set BoltKnife stat might 2
set BoltKnife effect injure-rate 100
set StunKnife stat accuracy 60

// swords
set LevinSword stat accuracy 50
set WindEdge stat accuracy 60
set LadySword stat durability C

// spears
set Doru stat accuracy 60
set SteelSpear stat accuracy 60
set Pike stat accuracy 70
set Pike stat might 8
set Pike stat price 3000
set ImperialSpear stat accuracy 50
set VerianSpear stat accuracy 60
set MithrilSpear stat accuracy 60
set MithrilSpear stat might 14
set WindSpear effect wind-damage 10
set SwiftSpear stat accuracy 60
set Brionac stat accuracy 60
set Longspear stat accuracy 50
set Longspear stat weight 10
set Longspear stat durability C
set Pilum stat uses 12
set Pilum stat price 1200
set Javelin stat uses 12
set Javelin stat price 2400
set Verutum stat price 2000
set Verutum stat might 12

// axes
set HandAxe stat uses 12
set HandAxe stat price 600
set Francisca stat uses 12
set Francisca stat price 900
set Hatchet stat uses 12
set Hatchet stat price 1200

// forks
set MilitaryFork stat accuracy 50
set Firebrand stat accuracy 50

// ballistae
set PrototypeScorpio accuracy 60

// s-shield
set Aiantos stat durability A

// m-shield
set Hestia stat durability A

// characters
set Ward learned 0 fortune 25
set Adel skill flourish
set Adel growth spear 60
set Adel item 1 Pilum 12
set Adel item 2 bag 0
set Leon growth spear 80
set Leon item 2 bag 0
set Leon learned 1 fortune 18
set Sherlock item 3 bag 0
set Sherlock item 4 bag 0
set Sherlock item 5 bag 0
set Sherlock item 6 bag 0
set Sherlock item 7 bag 0
set Elbert base spear 6
set Elbert growth spear 60
set Elbert item 2 IronSpear 101
set Elbert item 3 bag 0
set Elbert learned 1 fortune 20
set Christine growth bow 60
set Christine growth crossbow 80
set Christine learned 0 desperation 6
set Christine item 3 IronBow 101
set Izerna item 2 bag 0 lock
set Axel growth axe 70
set Axel skill fortune
set Axel skill camouflage
set Axel skill throw
set Axel item 1 bag 0 lock
set Volo item 1 bag 0 lock
set Volo learned 0 fortune 20
set Sylvis growth crossbow 60
set Sylvis learned 0 watchful 16
set Ruby base sword 3
set Ruby base spear 4
set Ruby base sshield 5
set Ruby base strength 1
set Ruby base hp 2
set Ruby base speed 1
set Ruby growth hp 25
set Ruby growth strength 30
set Ruby growth shield 70
set Ruby skill battlecry
set Ruby learned 0 throw 5
set Ruby learned 2 fortune 20
set Ruby item 2 Buckler 101 lock
set Ruby item 3 bag 0 lock
set Ruby offhand 2
set Arthur item 2 bag 0 lock
set Czene base level 6
set Czene base knife 16
set Czene growth knife 80
unset Czene skill adept
set Czene skill flourish
set Czene skill throw
set Czene base strength 1
set Czene item 2 dart 12 lock
set Czene item 3 ThiefsCharm 101 lock
set Kramer skill evasion
set Kramer learned 0 pulverize 12
set Kramer learned 1 fortune 20
set Faye learned 0 fortune 18
set Faye base hp 2
set Faye base speed 4
set Faye base strength 1
set Faye item 2 Shortsword 101 lock
set Derrick growth defense 9
set Derrick growth axe 60
set Derrick growth shield 70
set Derrick skill hurry
set Derrick skill charisma
set Derrick learned 0 shieldfaire 10
set Derrick learned 1 robust 13
set Aegina base magic 3
set Aegina base wind 8
set Aegina growth magic 20
set Aegina growth wind 80
set Aegina item 0 Airblade 60 lock
set Aegina learned 0 critical 26
set Sherpa learned 0 fortune 20
set Sherpa item 1 shortsword 101 lock
set Sherpa item 2 bag 0 lock
set Enid growth fire 90
set Enid item 1 bag 0 lock
set Enid skill windsweep
set Esteban skill watchful
set Esteban skill aim
set Esteban item 0 ShortBow 101 lock
set Esteban item 1 StoneArrow 20 lock
set Esteban item 2 Bag 0 lock
set Faramir item 3 Bag 0 lock
set Thaddy base level 3
set Thaddy base hp 2
set Thaddy base knife 19
unset Thaddy skill critical
set Thaddy skill throw
set Thaddy skill watchful
set Daoud base axe 16
set Daoud growth axe 70
set Daoud skill guard
set Daoud learned 0 fortune 18
set Saphira learned 0 hurry 6
set Saphira learned 1 focuschant 14
set Owen item 5 Bag 0 lock
set Owen learned 0 focuschant 20
set Larentia growth sword 50
set Larentia item 2 bag 0 lock
set Marcel growth sword 60
set Marcel growth shield 80
unset Marcel skill slowstart2
set Marcel skill robust
set Marcel learned 0 fortune 16
set Perceval base level 5
set Perceval base thunder 13
set Perceval growth thunder 70
set Perceval growth magic 18
set Perceval skill focuschant
set Perceval learned 0 critical 20
set Perceval item 1 bag 0 lock
set Perceval item 2 thunder 30 lock
set Alvina growth hp 30
set Alvina growth sword 70
set Alvina growth spear 70
set Alvina skill commander
set Alvina skill charisma
set Alvina learned 0 fortune 18
set Paramythis item 2 bag 0 lock
set Paramythis item 3 Pacify 12
set Lynette item 3 Estoc 101

// class
set Cleric cap Holy 40
set Acolyte cap Holy 50
set WindMage cap Wind 40
set ThunderMage cap Thunder 40
set ThunderSage cap Thunder 50
set AxeSoldier cap mshield 40
set Cavalier_R cap Sword 50
set Cavalier_R cap sshield 50
set Cavalier cap Sword 50
set Cavalier cap sshield 50
set Mercenary cap Sword 50
set SpearKnight_R cap spear 40
set SpearKnight_R cap sshield 40
set SpearKnight cap spear 40
set SpearKnight cap sshield 40
set LanceKnight2 cap spear 60
set LanceKnight2 cap sshield 50
set LanceKnight2_R cap spear 60
set LanceKnight2_R cap sshield 50
set BowRider_R cap bow 50
set BowRider cap bow 50
set Duke skill fortune
set Princess skill charisma
set Alchemist skill expert
set Swordmaster skill robust
set Apostle skill expert

With some characters I still lack experience, so I'm not sure what they really need.

I increased a lot of class caps to prevent units from getting bottlenecked. So Saphira can now reach 50 Light instead of only 30, for example.
Some prefs will now just disappear after they break, so they don't take up space in the inventory after becoming useless.
As for the Apeiron and the Rossweisse, they will actually turn into broken items so they can still be repaired if they break on green.
Because the Perseid is subject of an event later in the game, I figured I shouldn't allow it to be removed entirely. Just in case that causes any issues. But I still wanted to do something about it becoming deadweight, so I gave it the auto repair effect but also lowered it's durability.
I took some inspiration of Dean gaining critical hit immunity at level 20 and decided to have other characters learn the skill on very high levels too. I feel like Reese' crit immunity results in a lot of the lategame focusing on him, so I simply wanted to add more options.
I gave basic magic orbs more durability, as they tend to run low. Percival also starts with an extra Thunder. I also felt like magic was rather cheap, so I increased their price.
Gave similar treatment to throwing weapons.
The Pike is now a really good weapon. With a massive accuracy increase and a boost to it's base power. Also gave a boost to the Doru to make it worthwhile.
Wormwood is stupid so I made it virtually useless. I could have increased it's rank to 50 so it can't be used at all. But I figured I might as well just nerf it's stats instead. That way I can still observe how the AI uses it.

23 minutes ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

I like having the scenes there, but man does it fall flat for me when it contradicts the villain's entire setup. At least we know where the "all your friends are dead" line from the old trailers finally comes from.

Yeah, that's fair enough. Oh well. We'll get 'em next time.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Based on his story, would you say he’s gonna be forced to be alone for his entire first 2 chapters no matter what or other characters could come along? If you can tell.

I would imagine he'll probably be alone. I can't see his set-up making much sense with the others. Then again, Octopath 1's chapter 1s were all flashbacks with only the corresponding character available. Not sure if they'll do the same here.

Also, does the demo continue after your character’s first chapter and let you walk around outside the story a little like in the first game’s demo?

It does, yes, though I didn't really do it.

Well, Castti is the most mysterious of the characters, and I’m a simp for mystery. Also she’s an appthecary, which is one of the classes I wish I used more in the first game. The problem is it’s Don’t Hoard: The Class, so I never played around with the cool stuff all that much, because I have the classic hoarding problem in games. I experimented with Alfyn’s skills on a new file with him one time and it seemed fun though. Anyway, unless they made major changes to a class, apothecary and cleric will be your only main sources of healing for the early game

Yeah, fair enough. Castti does seem like she has the most potential. She's a complete enigma, so anything goes with her, really.

the cleric this time seems really boring so… time to suck it up.

Temenos is fine. He's an asshole, and also a religious detective. It's a neat combination of different things. The trailers don't do him justice, which makes me more hopeful for the characters that interested me less.

Also he has the best battle win quote: "May the sacred light guide you.

Or, something like that."

Worst comes to worst, her latent power lets her do appthecary shenanigans without using any resources. Not that I know what latent power is or how it works…

It charges as the character breaks enemies or takes damage, and then can be unleashed for different effects depending on the character. It's neat, adds another layer to the battles.

Osvald has a decent chance of ending up on the main team though, because scholar was good in the first game and he seems interesting.

I'm not sure how teams are going to be handled. We've seen in trailers that the entire team travels together, but in battles it appears only four of them show up? Maybe you can swap them in or out in the middle of combat. We'll see, I suppose.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I did use the Randomizer to add a bag to the inventory of every playable character. And also add a bunch of extra bags into Sherlock's inventory for the hell of it.
Goes a long way to compensate for the game's biggest drawback in lacking a proper item storage.

Maybe you find it interesting what I feed the randomizer with currently:

Hide contents

// prfs
unset Cutlass effect star-icon
unset Cutlass+ effect star-icon
unset Fauchard effect star-icon
set Perseid effect restore-uses
set Perseid stat durability E
set Starlight stat accuracy 70
set Starlight effect negate-dark 100

// bows
set Rossweisse effect star-icon
set Apeiron effect star-icon
set Apeiron effect cripple-rate 10

// crossbows
set VerianCrossbow stat accuracy 60
set Arbalest stat accuracy 50

// magic
set Wormwood stat might 1
set Wormwood stat accuracy 10
set Thunder stat price 2700
set Thunder stat uses 30
set Lightning effect cripple-rate 10
set Fire stat price 2100
set Fire stat uses 30
set AirBlade stat uses 60
set AirBlade stat price 2400
set Windstorm stat uses 90
set Windstorm stat price 4800
set Blizzard effect injure-rate 100
set Windtongue stat crit 0
set Sandstorm stat crit 0

// knives
set Dagger stat might 2
set KillerKnife stat might 2
set Dart stat level 2
set Dart stat might 2
set Dart stat uses 12
set Dart stat price 600
set Seax stat might 4
set Seax stat accuracy 60
set Seax stat level 4
set Vespa stat might 3
set Vespa stat accuracy 70
set Vespa stat level 4
set Crotalus stat might 2
set Crotalus stat accuracy 60
set ThiefsKnife stat accuracy 60
set ThiefsKnife stat might 2
set AirKnife stat might 2
set AirKnife stat level 2
set TempestKnife stat durability B
set TempestKnife stat accuracy 70
set ThrowingKnife stat might 2
set ThrowingKnife stat accuracy 60
set ThrowingKnife stat level 5
set BoltKnife effect star-icon
set BoltKnife stat might 2
set BoltKnife effect injure-rate 100
set StunKnife stat accuracy 60

// swords
set LevinSword stat accuracy 50
set WindEdge stat accuracy 60
set LadySword stat durability C

// spears
set Doru stat accuracy 60
set SteelSpear stat accuracy 60
set Pike stat accuracy 70
set Pike stat might 8
set Pike stat price 3000
set ImperialSpear stat accuracy 50
set VerianSpear stat accuracy 60
set MithrilSpear stat accuracy 60
set MithrilSpear stat might 14
set WindSpear effect wind-damage 10
set SwiftSpear stat accuracy 60
set Brionac stat accuracy 60
set Longspear stat accuracy 50
set Longspear stat weight 10
set Longspear stat durability C
set Pilum stat uses 12
set Pilum stat price 1200
set Javelin stat uses 12
set Javelin stat price 2400
set Verutum stat price 2000
set Verutum stat might 12

// axes
set HandAxe stat uses 12
set HandAxe stat price 600
set Francisca stat uses 12
set Francisca stat price 900
set Hatchet stat uses 12
set Hatchet stat price 1200

// forks
set MilitaryFork stat accuracy 50
set Firebrand stat accuracy 50

// ballistae
set PrototypeScorpio accuracy 60

// s-shield
set Aiantos stat durability A

// m-shield
set Hestia stat durability A

// characters
set Ward learned 0 fortune 25
set Adel skill flourish
set Adel growth spear 60
set Adel item 1 Pilum 12
set Adel item 2 bag 0
set Leon growth spear 80
set Leon item 2 bag 0
set Leon learned 1 fortune 18
set Sherlock item 3 bag 0
set Sherlock item 4 bag 0
set Sherlock item 5 bag 0
set Sherlock item 6 bag 0
set Sherlock item 7 bag 0
set Elbert base spear 6
set Elbert growth spear 60
set Elbert item 2 IronSpear 101
set Elbert item 3 bag 0
set Elbert learned 1 fortune 20
set Christine growth bow 60
set Christine growth crossbow 80
set Christine learned 0 desperation 6
set Christine item 3 IronBow 101
set Izerna item 2 bag 0 lock
set Axel growth axe 70
set Axel skill fortune
set Axel skill camouflage
set Axel skill throw
set Axel item 1 bag 0 lock
set Volo item 1 bag 0 lock
set Volo learned 0 fortune 20
set Sylvis growth crossbow 60
set Sylvis learned 0 watchful 16
set Ruby base sword 3
set Ruby base spear 4
set Ruby base sshield 5
set Ruby base strength 1
set Ruby base hp 2
set Ruby base speed 1
set Ruby growth hp 25
set Ruby growth strength 30
set Ruby growth shield 70
set Ruby skill battlecry
set Ruby learned 0 throw 5
set Ruby learned 2 fortune 20
set Ruby item 2 Buckler 101 lock
set Ruby item 3 bag 0 lock
set Ruby offhand 2
set Arthur item 2 bag 0 lock
set Czene base level 6
set Czene base knife 16
set Czene growth knife 80
unset Czene skill adept
set Czene skill flourish
set Czene skill throw
set Czene base strength 1
set Czene item 2 dart 12 lock
set Czene item 3 ThiefsCharm 101 lock
set Kramer skill evasion
set Kramer learned 0 pulverize 12
set Kramer learned 1 fortune 20
set Faye learned 0 fortune 18
set Faye base hp 2
set Faye base speed 4
set Faye base strength 1
set Faye item 2 Shortsword 101 lock
set Derrick growth defense 9
set Derrick growth axe 60
set Derrick growth shield 70
set Derrick skill hurry
set Derrick skill charisma
set Derrick learned 0 shieldfaire 10
set Derrick learned 1 robust 13
set Aegina base magic 3
set Aegina base wind 8
set Aegina growth magic 20
set Aegina growth wind 80
set Aegina item 0 Airblade 60 lock
set Aegina learned 0 critical 26
set Sherpa learned 0 fortune 20
set Sherpa item 1 shortsword 101 lock
set Sherpa item 2 bag 0 lock
set Enid growth fire 90
set Enid item 1 bag 0 lock
set Enid skill windsweep
set Esteban skill watchful
set Esteban skill aim
set Esteban item 0 ShortBow 101 lock
set Esteban item 1 StoneArrow 20 lock
set Esteban item 2 Bag 0 lock
set Faramir item 3 Bag 0 lock
set Thaddy base level 3
set Thaddy base hp 2
set Thaddy base knife 19
unset Thaddy skill critical
set Thaddy skill throw
set Thaddy skill watchful
set Daoud base axe 16
set Daoud growth axe 70
set Daoud skill guard
set Daoud learned 0 fortune 18
set Saphira learned 0 hurry 6
set Saphira learned 1 focuschant 14
set Owen item 5 Bag 0 lock
set Owen learned 0 focuschant 20
set Larentia growth sword 50
set Larentia item 2 bag 0 lock
set Marcel growth sword 60
set Marcel growth shield 80
unset Marcel skill slowstart2
set Marcel skill robust
set Marcel learned 0 fortune 16
set Perceval base level 5
set Perceval base thunder 13
set Perceval growth thunder 70
set Perceval growth magic 18
set Perceval skill focuschant
set Perceval learned 0 critical 20
set Perceval item 1 bag 0 lock
set Perceval item 2 thunder 30 lock
set Alvina growth hp 30
set Alvina growth sword 70
set Alvina growth spear 70
set Alvina skill commander
set Alvina skill charisma
set Alvina learned 0 fortune 18
set Paramythis item 2 bag 0 lock
set Paramythis item 3 Pacify 12
set Lynette item 3 Estoc 101

// class
set Cleric cap Holy 40
set Acolyte cap Holy 50
set WindMage cap Wind 40
set ThunderMage cap Thunder 40
set ThunderSage cap Thunder 50
set AxeSoldier cap mshield 40
set Cavalier_R cap Sword 50
set Cavalier_R cap sshield 50
set Cavalier cap Sword 50
set Cavalier cap sshield 50
set Mercenary cap Sword 50
set SpearKnight_R cap spear 40
set SpearKnight_R cap sshield 40
set SpearKnight cap spear 40
set SpearKnight cap sshield 40
set LanceKnight2 cap spear 60
set LanceKnight2 cap sshield 50
set LanceKnight2_R cap spear 60
set LanceKnight2_R cap sshield 50
set BowRider_R cap bow 50
set BowRider cap bow 50
set Duke skill fortune
set Princess skill charisma
set Alchemist skill expert
set Swordmaster skill robust
set Apostle skill expert

With some characters I still lack experience, so I'm not sure what they really need.

I increased a lot of class caps to prevent units from getting bottlenecked. So Saphira can now reach 50 Light instead of only 30, for example.
Some prefs will now just disappear after they break, so they don't take up space in the inventory after becoming useless.
As for the Apeiron and the Rossweisse, they will actually turn into broken items so they can still be repaired if they break on green.
Because the Perseid is subject of an event later in the game, I figured I shouldn't allow it to be removed entirely. Just in case that causes any issues. But I still wanted to do something about it becoming deadweight, so I gave it the auto repair effect but also lowered it's durability.
I took some inspiration of Dean gaining critical hit immunity at level 20 and decided to have other characters learn the skill on very high levels too. I feel like Reese' crit immunity results in a lot of the lategame focusing on him, so I simply wanted to add more options.
I gave basic magic orbs more durability, as they tend to run low. Percival also starts with an extra Thunder. I also felt like magic was rather cheap, so I increased their price.
Gave similar treatment to throwing weapons.
The Pike is now a really good weapon. With a massive accuracy increase and a boost to it's base power. Also gave a boost to the Doru to make it worthwhile.
Wormwood is stupid so I made it virtually useless. I could have increased it's rank to 50 so it can't be used at all. But I figured I might as well just nerf it's stats instead. That way I can still observe how the AI uses it.

That's not bad, it does seem like a good few improvements. Tweaking Berwick with the randomzier is something I've still not feel the need to do, but one day I really gotta give it a shot. After so many runs, it ought to stop feeling fresh at some point... right?

Being able to change class change requirements would most certainly be a game changer. As is, I tried to be creative.

For example seeing how Czene's class change really doesn't warrant carrying her weak thief ass all the way to level 10, I simply increased her base level. But of course I didn't want it to be entirely free either, so now it's at 6.

At one point I had Despoil on Czene, in an attempt to add additional incentive to give her all those kills. But that just wasn't cutting it.

Speaking of Czene, a lot of the knife buffs from 1 to 2 might are done solely so that Czene can use Flourish without it failing because the damage halving prevented it from dealing any damage.

Edited by BrightBow

I still haven't fully watched the Nintendo Direct, but I plan to do with some friends sometime this week or other.

So far I've only seen hints on the big stuff, like Engage DLC, BOTW 2 trailer, and new Nintendo Switch online stuff.

And I have to say, the addition of Gameboy and Gameboy advanced games almost makes the 50 dollars a year price worth it in my eyes.

Almost...

On a slightly different note, the fact that there are no base Switch icons for Fire Emblem and the only way to get them would be through extremely limited icon packs that you have to be a Nintendo Switch online member to get is a damn shame.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

I beat WarioWare.

Idk how the fuck to even write a review about it, it's just games.

I remember buying that game on the Wii U Eshop and actually getting nauseous with how quick pace the minigames were, by time I put it down I was genuinely sick to my stomach.

I was already somewhat sick that day so it made sense but still, it's interesting.

I guess the real question now is: when do I the demo? Engage is still floating around, but I feel kind of demotivated to finish it? It didn’t come at a great point in my life, where I had to stop playing for a bit at the mid game, and now when I do get to play, it isn’t for very long. That’s not a great combo with challenge, and I picked maddening because I’m not good at thinking things through. And now my playthrough is just sitting there. Even if I lower the difficulty, do I really feel like continuing? Cause if it gets too easy and I just force myself through it to do so, that won’t be much fun. I need more free time…

Of course, I could just play the Octopath demo now, for some variety.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Temenos is fine. He's an asshole, and also a religious detective. It's a neat combination of different things. The trailers don't do him justice, which makes me more hopeful for the characters that interested me less.

Good to know…

Also he has the best battle win quote: "May the sacred light guide you.

Ophel—

Or, something like that."

Yooooo.

It charges as the character breaks enemies or takes damage, and then can be unleashed for different effects depending on the character. It's neat, adds another layer to the battles.

So something else for me to hoard

I'm not sure how teams are going to be handled. We've seen in trailers that the entire team travels together, but in battles it appears only four of them show up? Maybe you can swap them in or out in the middle of combat. We'll see, I suppose.

Swapping out in combat might be hard to balance. Maybe you can arrange your team whenever outside of battle?

20230211_204935.jpg

Tfw 9 MoV

Why is she playing Fates while my units are playing Engage

..also in what world can Camilla reach 24 Mag xD

Unless you pump all CQ Spirit Dust straight into her.

And she keeps summoning Fliers. You aren't Hinoka...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It didn’t come at a great point in my life, where I had to stop playing for a bit at the mid game, and now when I do get to play, it isn’t for very long. That’s not a great combo with challenge, and I picked maddening because I’m not good at thinking things through. And now my playthrough is just sitting there.

Oh rip

Yeah i hate stopping games, too. Takes a while for me to pick up again

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh did TRS have a bad end too?

35 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I remember buying that game on the Wii U Eshop and actually getting nauseous with how quick pace the minigames were, by time I put it down I was genuinely sick to my stomach.

When i was younger, i couldn't keep up with it either. Guess my reflexes improved with age.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

@Interdimensional Observer i remember you being interested, so some selected pics

Thank you!🤓

20230211_150359.jpg

Bow-cavalry samurai! That historical thing Fates forgot about (and many a feudal Japan-themed game).

20230211_151331.jpg

A tanegashima using ashigaru, accompanied by a yari-using counterpart.😄 Let the grunts be recognized!

20230211_153802.jpg

...Why have I never seen a helmet like this before?🤨 I didn't realize samurai could be so crabby. Looks like a kitsch modern spoof of the real thing. Think it would taste good steamed with butter?

20230211_154659.jpg

Photographs, would've been taken during the Bakumatsu period or the early days of Meiji at the latest. They're neat when you think about it, they're the closest things we have to photographs of the samurai in their violent glory days no sooner than two-three centuries prior. Portraits and other artwork just aren't as real as a photo. A painting is an abstraction of a real person. You can edit a photograph, even back then you could, yet in a photo you still see a human almost as you would see them in person with your naked eye.

These individuals, destined to exist during an era of rapid transition from a two-a-half-centuries stable and unchanging society to a dynamic modern one, weren't trying to imitate samurai the way we must nowadays, they naturally were. The last to be have that "opportunity", if you could call it that (it's fair to say they didn't choose it, they were born into it).

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

..also in what world can Camilla reach 24 Mag xD

Looking at the averages, she'll end up at 23.5 at 20/20 if you immediately reclass her on joining to Sorcerer. You'd need Witch to push it to 24.

---

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/02/anniversary-playstation-jrpg-classic-xenogears-is-25-years-old-today?utm_campaign=promoted-articles&utm_medium=homepage-listing&utm_source=pushsquare.com

xenogears.large.jpg

This image is apparently from Square, not that they truly care.