• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So i decided to do a high level trial

...actually not that bad? Like not super good or anything, but there's atleast a semblance of map design there unlike low lvl ones

If you mean post game then yeah, they're easy imo. But, everything basically is so that's moot I suppose? Xd

Disappointing no post game basically at all but oh well. Most FE games are like that sure, but this one could have changed that. 

And by post game i dont mean random skirmish battles, I mean evented ones. Xd

38 minutes ago, joevar said:

Or the translator.

Lord  van-von something should have said he would send an "Aide" instead of servant. Thats more fitting given her role and the setting.

Again, maid is just what Reese calls her, becuse Reese is an idiot who sees woman and thinks "okay so she's the one who cleans." That is not the role she fills throughout the game, she is very much Reese's secretary and aide in all official matters.

34 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Lumera pulled a Garon.

I can't believe Lumera is gray.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You, clearly

Come now Shrimp-kun, why spend hundreds of dollars on therapy when you could spend that money on whisky and get a much better result?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Again, maid is just what Reese calls her, becuse Reese is an idiot who sees woman and thinks "okay so she's the one who cleans." That is not the role she fills throughout the game, she is very much Reese's secretary and aide in all official matters.

Probably doesn't help that Reese is a country bumpkin.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

not reese. lord vermilion or something who arrange her i mean

Edited by joevar

Berwick Saga chapter 2

man.. this chapter really give me newfound hatred dislike for this game. Once again im at the mercy of RNG. 

whats that? Reese need to clear this within 2 days? feels like i already play this map for 3 day. all because that damn slippery-eel thieves that has sidequest ring, and lots of  terrain that impede movement. 24 turns... but feels like 80 turns total when counting all the retryies

is there no way to speed up the battle beyond turning off animation? even when turned off, battle sometimes feels like forever..

hmm, Faye (forgot to take picture) remind me of Fir in FE6. but wow, her performance is more like Rutger instead. doing 5 attacks within 1 round of battle.. what even.. she's nuts.

uoAyZGwsKW.jpg

ugh this bandit. appear behind the the army then pick up someone randomly only to spout nonsense like "im just passing through", "why attack me" or somehting.. way to shift blame to me when i dont even try to get near him. thats why kids, never trust your local bandits when they offer you candy.

and... we got 1 stallion for all that hassle that we can not use right away in the map.

Faye MVP for battling zalius or something

oh whats that, Reese talk back against shrewd Minister when they are still in public audience, pfft. okay that one is nice, need more protag like this that knows how to twist words against shrewd politician

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, joevar said:

man.. this chapter really give me newfound hatred dislike for this game. Once again im at the mercy of RNG. 

Playing Berwick like you would normal FE is going to get you into trouble. You really need to consider most of your units strengths carefully to begin with.

50 minutes ago, joevar said:

Berwick Saga chapter 2

whats that? Reese need to clear this within 2 days? feels like i already play this map for 3 day. all because that damn slippery-eel thieves that has sidequest ring, and lots of  terrain that impede movement. 24 turns... but feels like 80 turns total when counting all the retryies

Right now the characters that are most accurate are Ward, Dean, Sylvis and Volo. Especially if the latter uses a Rapier. I can't see any of them on that screenshot.
Christine is good too. But she likely needs Elbert to provoke enemies into a position where she can use Aim + Crossbow. Her bow accuracy is not that great, even with Aim.
...also that Longspear Ward starts with is inaccurate crap and prevents him from making god use of his high spear rank.
And of course Leon and Adel. But only if they are in support range of each other.
Reese should most certainly have a horse at this point, so he can move around quickly to support everyone with his Commander skill.
Zalius is the biggest problem here. He is way too dodgy to get hit reliably and his crit chance ensures that even for Ward it is risky to 1v1 him.
Ideally you would lure him onto a cliff to set his avoid to 0, at which point he is Sylvis fodder. But even if that ends up being too hard to set up in the heat of battle, it should at least be possible to have Elbert lead him at the nose with Provoke until Sylvis' arrows find their mark.

The terrain is not that rough in practice. The rocky terrain at the shoreline gives no penalty to light infantry while there is a free path through the forest for mounted units and heavy infantry.

50 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm, Faye (forgot to take picture) remind me of Fir in FE6. but wow, her performance is more like Rutger instead. doing 5 attacks within 1 round of battle.. what even.. she's nuts.

Oh wow. Faye = Rutger is not a comparison I ever thought I'd see.

I think she is better than her reputation at least. Her sword rank is crap now, but it does grow at an insane pace.

Edited by BrightBow

@Interdimensional Observer so i found a full list of what exactly the Baten Kaitos remaster is doing.

https://www.bandainamcoent.asia/sea/news/baiten-kaitos-i-&-ii-hd-remaster-coming-soon

One of them is "Instant KO" which is basically just the kill everything button. So i guess there isn't a fear of getting softlocked on Giacomo's wild ride anymore.

Also NG+ and a "New Game" mode, which from the wording just sounds like hard mode?

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The terrain is not that rough in practice. The rocky terrain at the shoreline gives no penalty to light infantry while there is a free path through the forest for mounted units and heavy infantry.

Also you can show movement cost for each type of terrain with... the triangle button, I think? Not 100% sure because emulator and all that.
Movement cost and movement type are extremely important.
It's baffling that Fire Emblem never added a feature like that. Not like they are strangers to the concept. It IS a thing in Advance Wars.

Anyway, in general the game gets a lot of use out of the Playstation's many buttons. There is a ton of useful bullshit you can do on various screen.
For example, if you pick up an item from an enemy but have a full inventory, you are given the option to drop an item already in your inventory. BUT...
...if you have an adjacent ally, you can use L and R to access their inventories and place the item there without having to drop anything. 

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230212_153055.jpg

Time to get your just deserts, you sassy ass 😛

Don’t say such nasty things to my boy! 

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nope, still a boring character.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oho thank you i love this:D

Some small feedback & thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

I think showing more of the darkness of the court would be cool. Maybe later on?

Looks like Lumera might live here....at the beginning at least. I wonder how much the story will change.

Ivy will have a hard time and suffer, but she did the right thing and will become better for it. I wonder tho....

Did she really tune the part out or was the king starting to doubt her?

That was a really good read. Do you have a ff or ao3 link yet?

Oh, glad you liked it!

Spoiler

Yeah, perhaps it could've used one or two more flashbacks to how things were in the Elusian court. Part of it is I wanted it to keep it relatively brief for the prompt, and the other is that... well, I'll admit I couldn't thought on good ideas of how to show them. But yes, there's always room whenever I expand on this.

Hmhmhmhm, indeed, how else can the story go different with Ivy's presence so early now...

Oh yes, that is certainly bound to be touched upon. The first encounter with Hortensia in particular will be quite... interesting, I'd imagine.

I'll admit I have no exact answer to that yet. Either, or both, could be possible going forward.

Oh, not yet. Planned to upload it to the other sites this morning.