Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Why did they even bother with a foot size modifier? The inner machinations of the developers' minds are an enigma...

I'd assume because of the outfits. Same as to why there's even hand size modifiers. Some outfits require tweaking certain parts of the models. Probably.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday @Saint Rubenio!

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I ain't funny

I daresay sometimes you are.

I am anime man no longer

He lied as easily as he breathed.

I am wanted to post Saphir, but I couldn't find any fanart

I found some for myself, not to worry.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Birthday?

Birthday!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Happy birthday @Saint Rubenio! 🥳

Big McThankies!

32 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Happy birthday @Saint Rubenio!

HAH that is very risible, I agree.

32 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Why did they even bother with a foot size modifier? The inner machinations of the developers' minds are an enigma...

Given past precedent, I could make an educated guess.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would it count as complicated opening a second emulator? It is in theory possible to trade even with the same "cartridge".

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Depends on the emulator. With mGBA it's very easy, I did it back when I played half of Emerald. You simply press the "new multiplayer window" option in the "file" menu, then open the game on both windows. Go to the link room on both windows and perform the linking as if they were two separate consoles.

With VBA I'm fairly certain it is impossible. Fairly certain, which doesn't mean certain.

It's more complicated than that. mGBA has a multiplayer functionality, but just plain opening the emulator twice isn't going to work out. I think.

EDIT: You're playing a pokemon on the DS. I am peak stupid.

I believe MelonDS might have multiplayer functionality implemented in the most recent version? Otherwise, it's not possible. And this time I am certain, as I tried to play some DS games with a friend and just opening the emulator twice did nothing.

I ask because I've debating with myself on whether or not I should continue to emulate the Pokemon games. On one hand I on average vastly prefer playing any game on it's original system, especially for DS titles, and having an original copy would be far more permanent than a rom, not to mention portability 

On the other hand, some of the conveniences of emulation like save states and speed up are incredibly valuable as they both solve Pokemon's biggest problems for me, the save states making it so I don't have to play a guessing game whenever a trainer encounter happens, and so I don't have to sit through 10 hour long animations when grinding or searching

It's a tough choice 

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

>gothitelle

Enough culture to conquer the world | Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As  Well | Know Your Meme

Pick a Sandile with Moxie as ability

Hopefully you guys understand that I like the feminine Pokemon, not in a sexual way, but in a "I just think feminine things look cool" way.

You should especially understand this when I inevitably get a Gardevoir on my team in one of these games because I genuinely think it looks cool.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

New Puffles being added was the highlight of my year when I was younger. If only we got a Magenta Puffle...

But yes, you should catch a Beartic and name it Herbert.

*Fist bump*

Edited by Edelguardiansing

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hopefully you guys understand that I like the feminine Pokemon, not in a sexual way, but in a "I just think feminine things look cool" way.

Also Sylveon is best Eevee

@Saint Rubenio , HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!🎂!!!

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Damn it all, why couldn't the Gothitelle line be dark type?! My whole team plan was perfect until I learned that little detail.

Anyways, what would you recommend? This game has quite a few dark types to pick from.

I was kinda thinking Scrafty, which you evolve from Scraggy which you can get from around the desert resort area. It would be best to get one with Moxie, but its not the end of the world if you don't get one

4 hours ago, ping said:

eZ2KFbD.jpg

No Snorlax, but that still looks like a team Ruben might make.

True, that has a very Ruben feel to it

4 hours ago, ping said:

6WwD9M2.jpg

...nevermind.

It is a male Kirlia, I can totally see him going for the Gallade to explicitly deny the horny pokemon players their waifu.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey random question, is it possible to transfer Pokemon on emulated roms like you can on official copies?

At least in a way that's not overly complicated?

There are ways which are cumbersome, but it can be a bit cumbersome to do that on older games in general, as getting all the hardware needed is a bit of a hassle. It was legitimately a multi year quest to collect together all the odds, and ends (and repairs thanks to Milotic) needed to have the hardware, and games necessary to complete the Gen 3 national pokedex.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Pick a Sandile with Moxie as ability

That is a fairly solid choice as well, Scrafty has the advantage of a good matchup with a third Elite Four member thanks to its part fighting typing, although it is a more defensively stated pokemon than the Sandile line.

I ask because I've debating with myself on whether or not I should continue to emulate the Pokemon games. On one hand I on average vastly prefer playing any game on it's original system, especially for DS titles, and having an original copy would be far more permanent than a rom, not to mention portability 

On the other hand, some of the conveniences of emulation like save states and speed up are incredibly valuable as they both solve Pokemon's biggest problems for me, the save states making it so I don't have to play a guessing game whenever a trainer encounter happens, and so I don't have to sit through 10 hour long animations when grinding or searching

It's a tough choice 

One subtler advantage emulators have is that its easier to backup saves, so you can start a new game without permanently deleting the old one much easier. Plus a lot of Pokemon games have retained their value to a down right unreasonable degree.

I get it, and I think Benice's video was a good companion to the comment.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Side note, the new Sylveon image of yours is super cute. Although Umbreon is still best Eevee.

49 minutes ago, Benice said:

3Kv3kXZ.png

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I was kinda thinking Scrafty, which you evolve from Scraggy which you can get from around the desert resort area. It would be best to get one with Moxie, but its not the end of the world if you don't get one

Alright, so it's between Scrafty and Sandile

I think I'll give it one more go with my current team and if I'm still struggling I'll look into a different team setup.

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is a male Kirlia, I can totally see him going for the Gallade to explicitly deny the horny pokemon players their waifu.

Oh my god, now that I think about, getting a male Gardevoir would be perfect for me.

Gender non-conforming Pokemon best Pokemon.

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

One subtler advantage emulators have is that its easier to backup saves, so you can start a new game without permanently deleting the old one much easier.

That is true though with how messy I am files I can't guarantee the safety of any one file.

40 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Plus a lot of Pokemon games have retained their value to a down right unreasonable degree.

Prices are crazy on those games for sure, though with how many copies that exist out there I imagine it's just a matter of looking in the right place.

I hear Facebook market is a good place to check for old people selling their kids' old games without raising the prices to an absurd amount.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Xenobros be careful, DLC4 got leaked

thanks. now i can start searching it...

... and thats it? spoiler-y but still need context. kinda tame spoiler tbh. just some datamined event-trigger label

5 hours ago, ping said:

As I was playing with Mekkah playing Engage ch.10 on the other screen: That was quite the positive surprise.

Hide contents

I liked the general atmosphere, the convos of the princes with their corrupted father were really good (and, unlike dragon mom's death scene, didn't overstay their welcome). Sombron's snake form is very cool, although I'm whatever on the human one. Evil Veyle isn't exactly surprising, but the foreshadowing that there will be Evil Veyle and Good Veyle as two separate entities is interesting, assuming that she isn't just fucking with Alear. Just... very good, after nine chapters (plus paralogues) that I honestly found pretty weak and face-palm-inducing with just the occasional good story beat or genuinely funny little interaction.

The four what's-their-faces ruined the mood, unfortunately, but still, I'm curious to see if the story as a whole can follow up on this.

Well, he had 3 Snorlax on his team when we were making up gym leader teams for ourselves, unless I'm forgetting some final revisions.

not really spoiler, but since you put that in spoiler

Spoiler

the boss battle dialogue in Engage actually the better part of Engage dialogue. since like you said: they didnt overstay its welcome. but its certainly meaty enough to have emotional impact for the character involved. And theres quite a lot of that in Engage, maybe the most among all FE. Also its easy to guess whos going to have unique battle dialogue for certain bosses, gives some extra depth to some character thats not bound by support gimmick dialogue.

Though it'll be a while, i've begun brainstorming some ideas for my second Engage run. I want to seriously invest in Chloe this time. Make her a Griffon Knight cause that class is on some crazy shit in this game. Like they have Swordmaster-tier avo. Second run will also be the Etie redemption arc, i'll be making her a Warrior. Now, due to the sheer amount of flying enemies in this game, having two archers could come in handy. Etie is one but now that leaves me to choose between Alcryst and Fogado.

Alcryst pros

• Luna access
  • S-rank in bows
  • Backup type

Fogado pros

• Cavalry type
  • Like the sole user of the Radiant Bow, which is really, really good in his hands.
  • Back At You comes in clutch

Alcryst cons:

• Radiant Bow less effective
  • Standard mov

Fogado cons

• Radiant Bow is like his only good weapon choice
  • No S-rank in Bows

Both have shit i want but i think i'll run Alcryst next run.

I'll also be seriously investing in Lindon this time, as well as Jade, since she seems she can reach similar heights as Louis with Ike.

So the endgame team be looking like

• Alear
  • Redacted
  • Diamant
  • Timerra
  • Ivy
  • Hortensia
  • Etie
  • Alcryst
  • *Lindon
  • Jade
  • Panette
  • Merrin
  • Seadall

And then the fourteenth slot will be either Lapis or Goldmary. I'll train Lapis first as she's earlier and then depending on how she impresses (read: RNG bless/screw), i may or may not swap with Goldmary. Lindon may also be a contingency swap if Citrinne isn't doing well.

Hortensia is funny because i can just bench her until after Ch.19 with zero repercussions. I'll be using Celine in her place till then.

This list is subject to change.

Also in regards to DLC Emblems, i think i'll do Camilla's map before the Elusia maps so Alear can have Dragon Vein access earlier. Once i actually get Corrin, Camilla gets locked away. Similarly, i won't bring out Veronica and Soren until the final few maps, because 14 deployment slots but only 12 Emblems. Although depending on what exactly Veronica does, i may bring her out earlier, she looks really fun. Soren i want for the aggro management strats.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Also, Jojolands was released???????

Yeah like a week ago Araki was like "btw it comes out next week".

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Jodio seems to be Gappy's cousin... sort of, so at least we know right away how he fits into the Joestar lineage.

Yeah at first i thought it was a new continuity but then i took a closer look at the family tree.

I am very excited to see how November Rain turns out. Like Tusk, it's not a punchy Stand, at least i don't think it can punch, and it's a Stand ability with an AoE effect, not something you see that much in the Joestar groups. In fact, only other one i can think of that had something like that was Weather Report's........Weather Report.

27 minutes ago, joevar said:

kinda tame spoiler tbh.

Yeah compared to when Torna got leaked. We got almost a full glimpse of how the battle system worked.

Edited by Armagon

@Saint Rubenio I started Osvald. I uh, didn’t do anything other than get an accomplice and some cold-weather clothes (and beat a guy up), so I guess I’m prison breaking tomorrow.

Does the choice with Emerald matter btw?

Edited by Sooks

uHF8vyh.png2QZlmgf.pnguYWYpzT.png8AVyV1N.png

Did it, and I didn't even need Gex to do it.

B7mTBRK.png

Imagine the taxes.

4j9M6lw.png

Oh thank god, I wasn't sure how I was gonna post this on the Serenes Forest Forums.

Y6lStQy.png

That's why we hosted several Pokemon liberation rally events in public spaces and erected a giant fucking castle right behind the Pokemon League.

PcZbZZe.png

Edelgard versus Reshiran, a battle for the ages!

QDbYHEO.pngh6e92lg.png

Ez

LZGGNG0.png

Or you know, you could punch me in the face.

J7Sw1Mj.png

That was a tense battle with really cool music that was unfortunately ruined by the fact that it was replaced by the low damage music every 5 seconds.

QOb63cf.pngmAsdNQR.png

And that, my friends, concludes Pokemon Black.

As a quick little review, while I do think the story was charming it still was nearly as interesting as I had often heard it to be. It wasn't bad but it definitely felt like "Baby's first complicated story on Tumblr" if that makes sense. The story brings up some interesting ideas but doesn't really explore them all that much and it feels like the answer it gives to the question "Are Pokemon being oppressed" is "Why do you have to make things so complicated?"

For a game that likes to preach on there being shades of gray as opposed to black and white, the story overwhelming lacks nuance and is content with saying that "All normal people want to keep Pokemon as pets and all people who want to free Pokemon are extremist radical terrorists who secretly want to rule the world" it's something I'd see in a conservative newspaper cartoon.

That being said, I do think that the game handles some things well, such as N and the players relationship with them from nearly the beginning of the game, and your friends who have their own little arc, and I will say the message the game is trying to give, (One that I think it fails to do so in a satisfying way but I digress) that multiple perspectives in the world are needed, is a really good one.

So yeah.

ARAKI WHAT THE FUCK

WTF_Araki.png

Nice to see SBR!Giorno tho.

Still wished we could get more Diego

8 hours ago, ping said:

To be fair to Johto

No😜

8 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Engage isn’t for the faint of heart Newtype.

It's not about Engage, it's about a character with white hair and violet eyes.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I daresay sometimes you are.

Thanks, you don't know how that means

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He lied as easily as he breathed.

I no longer wish to live the life I'm living now

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

If you have a DS(i) or a 3DS, you can just mod it and install Twilight Menu

If you don't, DSi XL are pretty cheap nowadays

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Do you take me for a furry?

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Excellent taste, Benice.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Me when someone disagrees with me

FpI-sc-aYAEBkLv?format=jpg&name=medium

Meanwhile I'm like this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVGnksNXwAEgT4S?format=jpg&name=900x900

35 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Congrats!🥳

37 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

QDbYHEO.pngh6e92lg.png

Ez

The legendary has a higher catch rate here, so you kinda wasted your Master Ball. Should've used a Quick Ball or a Dusk Ball if you're playing at night.

41 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

As a quick little review, while I do think the story was charming it still was nearly as interesting as I had often heard it to be. It wasn't bad but it definitely felt like "Baby's first complicated story on Tumblr" if that makes sense.

I mean, it's pokemon, most stories are just "kid strolls around beating everyone in their path until they catch [insert legendary here] and wins the league. BW is a step up.

43 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That being said, I do think that the game handles some things well, such as N and the players relationship with them from nearly the beginning of the game, and your friends who have their own little arc, and I will say the message the game is trying to give, (One that I think it fails to do so in a satisfying way but I digress) that multiple perspectives in the world are needed, is a really good one.

If you want something more character based, play Sun & Moon and Scarlet & Violet. There's also the mangas if you want a more fleshed out story.

32 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Nicely done!

35 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

LZGGNG0.png

That just isn't how things are decided in the world of Pokemon.

36 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

QOb63cf.pngmAsdNQR.png

And that, my friends, concludes Pokemon Black.

Congratulations on beating Pokemon Black.

As a quick little review, while I do think the story was charming it still was nearly as interesting as I had often heard it to be. It wasn't bad but it definitely felt like "Baby's first complicated story on Tumblr" if that makes sense. The story brings up some interesting ideas but doesn't really explore them all that much and it feels like the answer it gives to the question "Are Pokemon being oppressed" is "Why do you have to make things so complicated?

In a way it kinda is Baby's first complicated story for Pokemon, as they really don't have much complexity beyond 10 year old becomes the best, and maybe even saves the world from comically evil villains via Pokemon battles.

For a game that likes to preach on there being shades of gray as opposed to black and white, the story overwhelming lacks nuance and is content with saying that "All normal people want to keep Pokemon as pets and all people who want to free Pokemon are extremist radical terrorists who secretly want to rule the world" it's something I'd see in a conservative newspaper cartoon.

It feels rather in line with an obnoxious trend in a lot of main stream media now a days, where any villain with a point has to murder some puppies on screen, or threaten to nuke the world so we know they are the baddies for wanting the status quo to change.

Yeah, when your franchise relies on having the Pokémon fighting each other, it's a hard sell to have someone preaching to... stop doing it.

Hence it ends up more as "don't treat Pokémon badly" and "the Pokémon have a say on this too, and they do like to fight".

This is why we needed a Pokémon Contests spin-off

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You should especially understand this when I inevitably get a Gardevoir on my team in one of these games because I genuinely think it looks cool.

Quetzal tomorrow: Did you know that

Nah but jokes aside, Benice's video was on point.

8 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Happy birthday, Ruben! I pray for the best for you! ❤️

7 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Happy Birthday @Saint Rubenio 😎

I thank you greatly, both!

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Saint Rubenio , HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!🎂!!!

You as well!

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ruben be like "you have fallen right into my trap! In America!

Stop humping Weegee please"

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll also be seriously investing in Lindon this time

You must, yes.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio I started Osvald. I uh, didn’t do anything other than get an accomplice and some cold-weather clothes (and beat a guy up), so I guess I’m prison breaking tomorrow.

Osvald's breast fire waited five years. It can wait another day.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Does the choice with Emerald matter btw?

I don't believe so? Maybe in the main game it will, or maybe choices start mattering after the intros. We will have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me when someone disagrees with me

FpI-sc-aYAEBkLv?format=jpg&name=medium

That's a mood.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It's always funny when evil adults in these games are foiled by children because their pokemons got beat up. Dude it's a ten year old and you are an evil person, kick his face and his neck will go buh-bye.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

face.

J7Sw1Mj.png

HAHAHAHAHA that man looks funny!

Thanks, you don't know how that means

Eyyy, you're welcome.

I no longer wish to live the life I'm living now

Well, it is rather admirable to want to leave anime behind. Soon you too will grow a beard.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

you have fallen right into my trap! In America!

You're not even wearing a flag on your head!

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HAHAHAHAHA that man looks funny!

I believe he also tries to murder children.

And, à propos de rien, his name is a musical pun: Ghetsis = G-Cis = G-C#, which is a tritone, the "devil's interval".

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That's why we hosted several Pokemon liberation rally events in public spaces and erected a giant fucking castle right behind the Pokemon League.

At least erecting a giant fucking castle has a little bit more dignity than taking over the radio tower and broadcasting "G-giovanni pwease love use again" on all frequencies. :lol:

Congratulations on beating the game!