MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Looks okay to me. :KnollRoll:
Spr_1g_042.pngSpr_b_g1_042.png

He's VERY happy.

28 minutes ago, ping said:

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b6/Spr_1g_052.png

...and unironically love Meowth's...

He's so symmetrical. I love it. He's like one of those chinese cat statues, but smug.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks more in depth than I thought it'd be.

A challenge mode? Not bad! More of the best part of the game sounds fair.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh incidentally @Sooks I did... most of Castti 2 today. Winterbloom route.

I don't want to say anything yet because I left off right before the end. I had to hurry to a save point in the middle of the post-boss sequence. I also have like, zero time tonight, so I probably won't be able to finish until tomorrow. Really annoying, but it's because the boss fight was surprisingly challenging and took me a while, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's so symmetrical. I love it. He's like one of those chinese cat statues, but smug.

Well, that is Meowth's inspiration, pretty much. Hence the gold coin on the forehead and learning Pay Day.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like jokes aside, Chrom/M!Robin is kinda an impossible ship because Lucina exists. So you have people being like "surrogacy exists" which like, yeah, it does, but at that point that's just mental gymnastics.

As if shippers have ever been stymied by the concept of monogamy. And genuinely, it's not exactly implausible that a young man fathers a child or two before figuring out that he's actually bi or homosexual.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Exactly what he reminds me of, too. And smugness makes almost every character design better.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

As if shippers have ever been stymied by the concept of monogamy.

That is true lol.

It's just kinda funny because Ike/Soren shippers will simply deny Priam's existence but then Chrom/M!Robin shipper have no choice but to play around the fact that Lucina exists.

Also Morgan.

4 minutes ago, ping said:

And genuinely, it's not exactly implausible that a young man fathers a child or two before figuring out that he's actually bi or homosexual.

I feel like that would just default to being bi but I don't know enough here.

Okay the fact that the DLC seems to just reuse the optional bosses from the campaign, though. That's kinda lame.

Anyway

@Sooks I had zero time to push my minimum ranks update, so I instead did the five minutes I had left of Castti 2.

It was... underwhelming. It did open up a few questions, though. Also, the alternate chatpers here work differently from Throné - With Throné I can already go to chapter 3 without doing the other chapter 2. With Castti, I have nothing to go on, so the only option is the other chapter 2.

Okay, here's that idea. I've come to like talking about them, even if I won't write them down just yet. Anyway, do be warned, it might be weird! Maybe...

Spoiler

So, the story in fact is actually gonna be ChromxSumia. Simply put, a revenge-seeking Plegian infiltrates the castle the night after Chrom's wedding, and manages to inflict a curse on Sumia before being forced to flee. While still fine, relatively speaking, the nature of the curse means she and Chrom can't, well, have intercourse any time soon. Now, the good news is that they did managed to consummate their marriage before that, and as they eventually find out, Lucina was conceived and will be born on schedule. The bad news is that, unless they remove the curse before her birth, there's a good chance she won't inherit the curse. Which is actually bad because it means that to her, the cursed state will be her natural state. So turning her back to "normal" will be an even harder task than simply removing the curse.

So, as the months pass and the fated deadline nears, and they still haven't made much progress in removing the curse, Chrom has to accept that, for Ylisse to have an heir that can be actually capable of ruling, he might need to father another child with a different woman. He first thought to just pass over the throne to his eventual nephew/niece, but considering Lissa's apparent lack of the Brand, it's already a controversial subject as it is. But another problem is, he's just not comfortable with the idea of taking on a mistress. Even so, most he'd trust to ask (as in, the other women of the Shepherds) aren't really 'available' for the task anymore. Yes, even Cordelia. So what are they to do now?

Well, in an amazing coincidence, for tangentially-related reasons, Tharja had recently perfected a Gender Bending hex.

... yeah, you can see where this is going. So, BFF Robin... decides to take one for the team, and...

... I told you this would be weird!

And that's all I'll share! Still need to work on the outline more, and want to keep some things still in suspence.

Now go on ahead, be free to judge.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I take it the passwords are randomly generated?

Yep!

One other Linked change is a little bonus dungeon, whose reward is a Magic Ring not found anywhere else, the dungeon and ring differs based on which game it is. The dungeon isn't a gauntlet where you have to reach the bottom in one sitting like in WW/TP/BotW, though you'll need to finish most of the standard dungeons before you can finish the bonus one.

...I like the Oracle games.😅 Some might critique them as mere copycats of Link's Awakening, but for me they were all good portable Zeldas back in the day. And I think it's fair to say I played the three GBC titles as much as the contemporary home console entries. Helps that I had the combined NP game guide for the Oracles, which besides telling me how to get through them, charmed me with the official artwork of the duology, which is decidedly less aged than Link Awakening's was. It allowed me to see vibrancy in the GBC sprites that wasn't entirely there.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But like jokes aside, Chrom/M!Robin is kinda an impossible ship because Lucina exists. So you have people being like "surrogacy exists" which like, yeah, it does, but at that point that's just mental gymnastics.

One form of brain pommel horse would be to tweak the royal matrimonial system away from the feudal European model. If you permit concubines whose children are legitimate, then the singular Empress stands a chance of not mothering the heir (this being the Chinese structure, which Japan later adopted), in which case, it would technically make no difference if she was male. It's a modernization of a bygone system I could see a video game trying to pull off -if they dared to have an m/m royal couple.

Although since dynasties are build on bloodlines, that antiquated word for the time before humanity truly understood what they now know to call "DNA", I would think Chrom should be left to siring all the children. ...However, maybe after learning Mobin's past and realizing he isn't a complete nobody, Chrom chooses to bend the rules a little, he sure wouldn't care that the special genes -worthy of a royal child- are a wee bit cursed (and Lucina already exists at this point who certainly has Exalt blood). That rule-bending being having the both of them coat a lump of cotton which a willing lady then places where she has to, and the two guys wait nine months (well longer b/c it'll some time before parental traits visually take hold) to see who the RNG chose as the father of the child they later name Morgan.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I feel like that would just default to being bi but I don't know enough here.

IRL, as a result of many people having been forced into the closet until the past decade or two, there were certainly children born of gay men with women whom they married.

In a fictional world where openness is the norm... Well, there is no cutoff point in life where you have to figure out your sexuality/gender by. Figuring oneself out isn't always easy, and sometimes it takes time before someone comes to their final final conclusion. You can have multiple self-discoveries/coming outs, it's not always one & done. -Or so I've read on the web on reputable 🏳️‍🌈 websites.

And in Chrom's case, well, heir to the throne/the monarch. Unspoken societal pressure in such a system would be strong to stick to heteronormativity, since it is the traditional and easy way to produce the next link in the dynastic chain. Lesser royals wouldn't have quite as much pressure on them to stick to tradition b/c they likely aren't going to have to create the next monarch or else the lineage dies off.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Soooo....

Spoiler

Your answer is to make Morgan the real heir/One Who Shall Produce Lucina's Eventual Heir?

Well, this situation would be okay for the situation that's both serious/sad and yet awkwardly comedic that you've come up with.

Then there is Loki mothering Sleipnir, and Vishnu's avatar named Mohini- a goddess who gave birth to a son fathered by Shiva. So it's not like mythology hasn't had gender-bending before. (As a mythological aside, Dionysus/Bacchus was conceived in a woman, but then Zeus attached him to his thigh when his pregnant mother died, in a weird case of pseudo-mpreg.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooo....

Hide contents

Your answer is to make Morgan the real heir/One Who Shall Produce Lucina's Eventual Heir?

Well, this situation would be okay for the situation that's both serious/sad and yet awkwardly comedic that you've come up with.

Then there is Loki mothering Sleipnir, and Vishnu's avatar named Mohini- a goddess who gave birth to a son fathered by Shiva. So it's not like mythology hasn't had gender-bending before. (As a mythological aside, Dionysus/Bacchus was conceived in a woman, but then Zeus attached him to his thigh when his pregnant mother died, in a weird case of pseudo-mpreg.)

Spoiler

That'd be the idea on paper, basically. Yep.

I guess it could become even more awkwardly comedic. Like, after deciding to go through with it and now Robin is pregnant with Morgan... they finally find the cure to Sumia's curse shortly after, or Lucina does 'inherits' the curse so they can restore her to normal as well. Making the whole thing ended up being unneeded after all!

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You actually want enemies to randomly ignore damage?

I'm not sure yet, but i wanted to see if i could get it to work, at least. XD

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and Lucina already exists at this point who certainly has Exalt blood

Yep, since Awakening's time travel does the "past is the present, you can't actually change the past". So Chrom turning gay shouldn't affect the royal bloodline too much as long as Lucina is already present there.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, here's that idea. I've come to like talking about them, even if I won't write them down just yet. Anyway, do be warned, it might be weird! Maybe...

Reveal hidden contents

So, the story in fact is actually gonna be ChromxSumia. Simply put, a revenge-seeking Plegian infiltrates the castle the night after Chrom's wedding, and manages to inflict a curse on Sumia before being forced to flee. While still fine, relatively speaking, the nature of the curse means she and Chrom can't, well, have intercourse any time soon. Now, the good news is that they did managed to consummate their marriage before that, and as they eventually find out, Lucina was conceived and will be born on schedule. The bad news is that, unless they remove the curse before her birth, there's a good chance she won't inherit the curse. Which is actually bad because it means that to her, the cursed state will be her natural state. So turning her back to "normal" will be an even harder task than simply removing the curse.

So, as the months pass and the fated deadline nears, and they still haven't made much progress in removing the curse, Chrom has to accept that, for Ylisse to have an heir that can be actually capable of ruling, he might need to father another child with a different woman. He first thought to just pass over the throne to his eventual nephew/niece, but considering Lissa's apparent lack of the Brand, it's already a controversial subject as it is. But another problem is, he's just not comfortable with the idea of taking on a mistress. Even so, most he'd trust to ask (as in, the other women of the Shepherds) aren't really 'available' for the task anymore. Yes, even Cordelia. So what are they to do now?

Well, in an amazing coincidence, for tangentially-related reasons, Tharja had recently perfected a Gender Bending hex.

... yeah, you can see where this is going. So, BFF Robin... decides to take one for the team, and...

... I told you this would be weird!

And that's all I'll share! Still need to work on the outline more, and want to keep some things still in suspence.

Spoiler

So what exactly is the curse since I don't think I get it? Specifically the "Lucina won't inherit the curse and that's bad" part.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep, since Awakening's time travel does the "past is the present, you can't actually change the past". So Chrom turning gay shouldn't affect the royal bloodline too much as long as Lucina is already present there.

Does it really? Considering what stuff did changed, after all...

Although, considering when it starts changing, Chrom's orientation would certainly not be one to be altered by the time travel.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

So what exactly is the curse since I don't think I get it? Specifically the "Lucina won't inherit the curse and that's bad" part.

Spoiler

Well, already bounced ideas on that, but to give an example.

Suppose the curse is that Sumia gets turned into a pegasus. Still of human mind and all, but stuck as a winged horse in body. With Lucina being conceived, then she too will be born a pegasus if nothing is done to remove the curse. The threat of her not inheriting the curse means that she'd be a pegasus in her default state, not a human-turned-pegasus. Thus even if they find a way to turn Sumia back to human, Lucina would remain stuck a pegasus. Hence the race-against-the-clock aspect of the story.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Does it really? Considering what stuff did changed, after all...

Well there aren't any paradoxes at least. Some stuff got delayed, like Emmeryn's death (until she walked it off) but then you have Basilio and Chrom surviving, not to mention the other parents.

Of course, in her unpaired ending, Lucina vanishes, perhaps as to not cause confusing headaches in the future. Any of her paired endings have her stick around tho.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, already bounced ideas on that, but to give an example

Ahhh ok, I get it now.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay the fact that the DLC seems to just reuse the optional bosses from the campaign, though. That's kinda lame.

Forgot to respond, yeah that's kinda lame. It probably does make sense for what appears to be a roguelike gauntlet challenge tho.

Debating if I buy now or wait until Wave 2 drops. Wave 2 and 3 of Sparks of Hope look really interesting.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well there aren't any paradoxes at least. Some stuff got delayed, like Emmeryn's death (until she walked it off) but then you have Basilio and Chrom surviving, not to mention the other parents.

Well, in some cases it's because there are those wanting to make sure history remains on track. As we see with Validar actually dying in Chapter 6 but being revived by Future Grima. Other than that, the past is changing, but it operates on "you create a new timeline, but without erasing the existing one", kinda like how Dragon Ball Z does it.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, in her unpaired ending, Lucina vanishes, perhaps as to not cause confusing headaches in the future. Any of her paired endings have her stick around tho.

Yeah, I'd think it's for that. Some of the children do stay around, others decide to leave. It's all up to the individual cases there.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Other than that, the past is changing, but it operates on "you create a new timeline, but without erasing the existing one", kinda like how Dragon Ball Z does it.

That's..... that's what I said. The past becomes the present.

I ate spicy food today, Veyle would be proud.

Also (for those who can't read Japanese) Engage's wave 3 DLC is releasing next week, which includes Chrom/Robin and Veronica.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- so I hear Yoshi's Island is one of your favorite games of all time

As someone who remembers when NSMBW was announced

tenor.gif?itemid=14730189

One of the funniest videos I've seen in a while. Really puts it into perspective how fucked this was for Slytherin.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Engage's wave 3 DLC is releasing next week, which includes Chrom/Robin and Veronica.

Oh come on, you can't do this at the same time as Mario Kart.

Well this pretty much confirms April for the Xenolouge.