Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Putting Lythos on the same level as Elusia and Brodia feels like an insult to the latter two, to be honest. You fight generic legions from Elusia half the game, not to mention you can surmise the corrupted are Elusian citizens. Elusia is genocided by the end of the game, but hey! They exited! As for Brodia... at least there are soldiers there. Saphir exists. That's enough.

Meanwhile, Lythos is, literally and figuratively, the center of the world. A place world leaders regularly visit, because it's where Literally God, their mom and their caretakers live... And nobody else, because the entire mass of land is otherwise entirely unpopulated, if the game is anything to go by. Hell, Lythos doesn't even seem to have an army, it's just Vandad and his two children constituting the entire country's military might lol

That's fair. Lythos is definitely the worst off. 
I swear, there are some things in Engage that are genuinely really cool, and then there's this. 
Also, that does raise the question of how much of Elusia got genocided, and how much is left for Ivy to rule over. Always kinda wondered what's up with that, since everywhere we go in Elusia post-ch18 has no humans except for the Four Hounds. Guess everyone who didn't get conscripted in life got conscripted by death?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm making amends by marrying her instead of killing her like I did last time.

...Course this does I'm going to have her kill Jeritza later on if we're going the Hammurabi route.

This statement feels so very wrong...
(Sorry, sorry)

Oh shit

I may have picked the perfect time to get the Triangle Strategy brainworm. They did a whole stream for the anniversary of the game, and it appears there may be an update in the works.

...I really hope it releases on PC at the same time as Switch, and that it does so before the 16th. Otherwise I may have to wait even more on this, and that's not something I want...

EDIT: Okay, so if these google translated comments on the stream are anything to go by, it may be DLC. If that is the case, it's definitely coming to PC, but who knows when. Ah, well. Something to look forward to, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

S O M M

I understand why Alear would commit suicide for Sommie.

Although his time travel powers make this act a lot less impressive.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're releasing a demo for Sparks of Hope?

Now?

...I mean, sure, why not.

I sure appreciate it. The first game was kinda eh. So I don't have that blind faith that it's worth full price.

Not like the prospect of spending time with the rabbids is enough to convince me the game is worth money.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Although his time travel powers make this act a lot less impressive.

He doesn't have that yet. It wasn't his to begin with anyway, but through using an artifact.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, the manga seems to be going for something I was wondering about.

That outside the whole "Divine Dragons allow others to enter the Somniel via warp", nothing stops anyone from just flying up there. Considering it showed Alear just... falling off. Unless it's due to him being, well, him.

I mean there is the Wyvern Ride mini-game.

For the record, the teleportation thing is most likely "you can teleport in and out of the Somniel but when teleporting out, you go back to where you were before". I bring this up cause I've seen a few people ask "well why doesn't Alear teleport" and idk, it feels like an easy answer.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

What faustian pact has IS made? I read something dealing with Engage…and I didn’t hate it? It actually establishes Alear’s character better then the game? The fear of the Corrupted Alear has actually effects him!?! What is happening? What is going on? Why are my hands shaking!?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY WHISKY?!?!?

Tbf FE mangas have consistently improved the story that they are in. Shadow Dragon manga fleshes things out (it weirdly ends at Gharnef's defeat), FE4 manga improves a lot (for example, Deirdre's only kidnapped because she had to choose between defending herself and defending the children, way better than in the game where Manfroy just ambush spawns her), and of course there is Champion's Blade. We all know how based Champion's Blade is.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it's just Vandad and his two children constituting the entire country's military might lol

Then it's a fair fight.

2 hours ago, Spara said:

Also, that does raise the question of how much of Elusia got genocided, and how much is left for Ivy to rule over

Well if the ending is anything to go by

Spoiler

Ending CGs show her coronation and presumably the after party so if they can do that, there's probably enough people.

And hell, her legacy apparently outlasted Alear's lifespan. That's an insanely long time, there's nothing comparable in the real world.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean there is the Wyvern Ride mini-game.

That doesn't tell much, to be honest. Only if that if there is some kind of barrier, then it's quite large in diameter.

Either way, the manga is going with the notion there's none.

For the record, the teleportation thing is most likely "you can teleport in and out of the Somniel but when teleporting out, you go back to where you were before". I bring this up cause I've seen a few people ask "well why doesn't Alear teleport" and idk, it feels like an easy answer.

That's basically true. So kinda like My Castle with Fates.

and of course there is Champion's Blade. We all know how based Champion's Blade is.

Huh?

Hide contents

Ending CGs show her coronation and presumably the after party so if they can do that, there's probably enough people.

And hell, her legacy apparently outlasted Alear's lifespan. That's an insanely long time, there's nothing comparable in the real world.

Spoiler

Yeah, I doubt Elusia's population got eradicated to a large degree. Probably not even halved. It's just that, well, it's not stuff we get to see in the game. For every Givre Port, there might've been five other towns unaffected. It's not like we fight that many corrupted.

That space bro. That space is fighting for it's life.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh?

The Binding Blade manga, except it's more of a retelling with new characters. Characters that I would hope to see included in a remake (they made it to Cipher so there is hope).

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's just that, well, it's not stuff we get to see in the game

Like with most games, the game world is not a 1:1 representation.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
The Binding Blade manga, except it's more of a retelling with new characters. Characters that I would hope to see included in a remake (they made it to Cipher so there is hope).

Ah, right. Hasha is Champion.

Yes, I know of it. Al is basically the Hector to Roy's Eliwood, when it comes to "content".

I hope so too. Though ironically they were made to promote the game, since the manga came out first.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though ironically they were made to promote the game, since the manga came out first

If I had a nickel for every time Roy appeared in something prior to his game being released, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it happened twice.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If I had a nickel for every time Roy appeared in something prior to his game being released, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it happened twice.

I went to check.

No, turns out it wasn't actually. Game was out March 2002, while the first volume of the manga was April 2002. Still, it was definitely promotional. That's why the game itself already had stuff like Al's Sword, Gant's Lance, and Tienna's Staff. They were made in tangent.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Today marks the sixth anniversary of the Switch and Breath of the Wild, hooray. I might replay it, but I wouldn't want to get burnt out on Zelda before Tears of the Kingdom releases, assuming I get it at launch...

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Alright folks, see you when the manga ends in 10 years.

That's assuming the manga covers the whole game, Fates got a manga that only covered the first half of Revelation.

Just let me know when Veyle shows up.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hell, Lythos doesn't even seem to have an army, it's just Vandad and his two children constituting the entire country's military might lol

To be fair Lumera is a dragon, so she's probably worth an entire army on her own. And if that's insufficient, she can use Sigurd to bamboozle any would-be invaders.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shit

I may have picked the perfect time to get the Triangle Strategy brainworm. They did a whole stream for the anniversary of the game, and it appears there may be an update in the works.

...I really hope it releases on PC at the same time as Switch, and that it does so before the 16th. Otherwise I may have to wait even more on this, and that's not something I want...

EDIT: Okay, so if these google translated comments on the stream are anything to go by, it may be DLC. If that is the case, it's definitely coming to PC, but who knows when. Ah, well. Something to look forward to, at least.

For some reason, I thought this meant there was a YouTube stream going on for an entire year straight.

I can't wait for the DLC to add a new route featuring Alear. They'll probably wonder why everyone's fighting over salt.

Nayuru, I personally would've just moved out of the way.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's assuming the manga covers the whole game, Fates got a manga that only covered the first half of Revelation.

TIL

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

For some reason, I thought this meant there was a YouTube stream going on for an entire year straight.

A whole year of war crimes with Benedict

I can't wait for the DLC to add a new route featuring Alear.

I can just picture Alear approaching Benny like "hi you remind me of Vandad! What's your wacky character trait?" and Benny just tells them to kick Sommie or something horrifying like that. And then proceeds to make a solid argument for why it's important to do such a thing, because he may be an asshole, but he's a smart asshole.

Seriously, always impressed me how well written Benedict was. I look forward to watching him at work again, even if this time I don't do quite everything he says.

They'll probably wonder why everyone's fighting over salt.

The fans and Dragan will tell you it's because Salt has a plethora of important applications for food preserving and shit. The truth is that it's important to maintain peaceful relations with a mighty superpower to the north. Something about the king liking his rebellions well seasoned.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Tbf FE mangas have consistently improved the story that they are in. Shadow Dragon manga fleshes things out (it weirdly ends at Gharnef's defeat), FE4 manga improves a lot (for example, Deirdre's only kidnapped because she had to choose between defending herself and defending the children, way better than in the game where Manfroy just ambush spawns her), and of course there is Champion's Blade. We all know how based Champion's Blade is.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

My inability to spell things is my greatest weekness.

Ey, that's not a bad weakness! Better than mine, at least...

Why is almost everyone shocked that Engage manga could be good?

Manga adaptation has always been the artist interpretation of the story. You could even say they had different author than the game. So if manga can tell you something that the game fails to tell, it just means whoever direct the game fails to execute the concept of the story. Not the problem of the core concept of the story itself.

FE problem always has been the pacing and how they need to be in pseudo battle map to have story canon conversation. So they always fail to tell something unless they show it in cg or fmv cutscenes thats not bound by battle map

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

Why is almost everyone shocked that Engage manga could be good?

I mean the only one who's shocked is Wraith tbh.

Manga adaptation has always been the artist interpretation of the story.

Zelda mangas are particularly based in this regard.

Now if the manga really wanted to be good, they'd release alt versions of the chapters where everything is the same except Alear is female.

This isn't unfeasible, the Granblue Fantasy anime did this. For each of the standard episodes that had the male protagonist, there were alt episodes that had the female one instead.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean the only one who's shocked is Wraith tbh.

Zelda mangas are particularly based in this regard.

Does Link talk in the manga? If yes, then its already miles better than the game.

Does Link talk in the manga? If yes, then its already miles better than the game.

I mean he has to by default lol.

Link is one of the few silent protags I'm chill with because Zelda stories are basically fairy tales tbh. The story isn't held back by Link not talking.

I think it's hilarious how committed they are to it. Link in Hyrule Warriors has a fairy that talks in his stead.

S191_Stage1.webp

>dragon

>Mecha

>Idol

>Fire

Is this the most anime girl to ever anime?

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

mean the only one who's shocked is Wraith tbh.

Him saying Alear has no personality in the game has me doubting he even played the game

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean he has to by default lol.

but the game not somehow. its clearly just a tradition by now.

Link in Hyrule Warriors has a fairy that talks in his stead.

i've seen this also done by other games actually. altho i dont know who start the trend