• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think we're all the same here, slight Japanophiles made so via their video games.🎮❤️🇯🇵😆

I can't believe you just said that. I've never been so insulted in my entire life!

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I knew I should've thrown a "most" in that statement!😅 Always gotta include the exclusions.

...better.

If anything, I'm constantly reminded here that anime is, in fact, terrible.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The real reason it's called Trails. It all lead up to this moment!

We can finally defeat Grandmaster Dorothy with the power of drifting!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enjoy London! -You're just putting me in the mood to ramble a little about my own capital.😅

Thanks 😄

And keep doing so. I might need the info later. Hopefully 2026 xD

Not to mention it seems you're enjoying it 😄

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought it was just figurative.

You know what country you talking about here right xD

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You’re in London then Shrimp-kun. 

Old man you using internet explorer?

A very… spooky phenomenon just happened to me in Octopath 2. Apparently it’s randomly happened to others too and the Reddit has no idea why. Interesting.

I have made great strides as a Pikmin 2 fan... sort of. As of yesterday I have 9964 out of 10000 pokos needed to "finish" the game, which is the most progress I've made in my 19 years of owning it. I only need one treasure with a value over 35 pokos to get the credits, but next I'll go through the Shower Room for maximum Louie playtime. Alternatively I could get a treasure in the Submerged Castle to reach 9999 pokos, hmm... Theoretically you can finish the game by going through the first dungeon 413 times, but that didn't sound very fun.

I doubt anyone with no Pikmin knowledge would understand any of this, so for the uninitiated, Pikmin 2 is a game about paying off debt.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plot twist: The message is literal. Trails into Reverie is a racing game.

Osborne driving a mini-Eisengraf will be top tier, you can't go online without seeing at least five of him. I can't believe they still left out Kevin, he has a perfect vehicle and everything.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A very… spooky phenomenon just happened to me in Octopath 2. Apparently it’s randomly happened to others too and the Reddit has no idea why. Interesting.

I can't believe you accidentally bought a creepypasta game. But apparently you like those, so hopefully it turns out well.

Edited by Lightchao42

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And...? What happened?

Rope by Alfred Hitchcock is really really good.

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>logs on

>Says something spooky happened

>Doesn't elaborate 

I just spent like 20 minutes trying to decide what classes to give everyone for now. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to give everyone classes that fit their gameplay, their personalities, or what looked the coolest, so I decide to go for a mix which was 70% what fit the characters the best. Right now it is:

Ochette - warrior

Castti -merchant might not be that fitting but damn the long hair

Throné - apothecary

Osvald - thief

Partitio

Spoiler

Inventor

Agnea - hunter

Temenos - scholar

Hikari - cleric

Some of these choices are kind of bad and I’m sad about no 2nd dancer, but I’ll make do. I haven’t even been using dancer that much in this game. Cleric looks cool as hell on Throné and Osvald, but it fits Hikari too much. I mean maybe I could’ve switched his and Throné’s classes but… I’ll live. In a perfect world where dancer Castti has long hair, I would probably give her dancer and give merchant to Agnea, because Agnes’s latent power should let you do transfer rune + side step, but I think AoE leghold trap will work well enough.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe you accidentally bought a creepypasta game. But apparently you like those, so hopefully it turns out well.

What is that even in reference to?

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And...? What happened?

Octopath 2 spoilers… maybe?

Spoiler

I found a better video earlier but this

and It’s not just a random encounter that triggered that, I left a town and the whole world transitioned to that purple color with the background music become really creepy. I couldn’t switch the time of day and it didn’t go away until I killed a shadowy enemy like that. It seems completely random, and the subreddit seems to have no idea.

@Armagon in case you missed it.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Octopath 2 spoilers… maybe?

Reveal hidden contents

and It’s not just a random encounter that triggered that, I left a town and the whole world transitioned to that purple color with the background music become really creepy. I couldn’t switch the time of day and it didn’t go away until I killed a shadowy enemy like that. It seems completely random, and the subreddit seems to have no idea.

Found... Something, huh.

3 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

How's everyone doing?🦊

Hey there. Doing fine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Reveal hidden contents

@Armagon in case you missed it.

"I've got my whole life in front of me" no you don't, the shadow beast is coming.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What is that even in reference to?

I remember what you said...

On 3/31/2022 at 9:04 PM, Lightchao42 said:

You know all those indie games that look cutesy on the outside but are actually horrifying? This was basically that.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:28 PM, Sooks said:

I said the same thing. Omori when Lightchao?

Though OT2 isn't cutesy or an indie game, so it doesn't quite fit.

Anyway, it's probably a manifestation of another evil god, so you'll probably figure it out by the end of the game. Or you can try to have Ochette capture it and turn it into shadow jerky or something.

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Anyway, it's probably a manifestation of another evil god, so you'll probably figure it out by the end of the game. Or you can try to have Ochette capture it and turn it into shadow jerky or something.

DAMN IT IF ONLY ID HAD OCHETTE IN THE PARTY

I should’ve seen if I could capture it.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thanks 😄

And keep doing so. I might need the info later. Hopefully 2026 xD

In that case...

• Most of the museums on the National Mall are part of the Smithsonian Institution.
    • Smithsonian Castle serves a visitor center.
    • Unlike some things in the United States which you have to spend $$$ on that in other countries you don't, the Smithsonian museums are all free.😀
    • The "big three" when people think "Smithsonian" are:
      • The National Museum of American History- Has the big flag from the battle from which the US national anthem describes, the Star-Spangled Banner.
      • The National Museum of Natural History- Science and all that. Including the Hope Diamond, a famed blue diamond of considerable size.
      • The National Air and Space Museum- Among its possessions are the original Wright Flyer, which made the first successful flight and thus began human aviation. Also plenty of NASA stuff, like the command module from Apollo 11. 
    • The youngest museum is the National Museum of African American History and Culture, it opened in 2016. What took so long?
    • The National Museum of the American Indian is the other one that tackles a long-discriminated-against community in the US.
    • For fine art:
      • Freer-Sackler Galleries are home to the Asian Art collections, from the Ottomans to Japan, and everything in between.
      • The National Museum of African Art handles that topic.
      • The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden is modern and contemporary art.
      • The National Portrait Gallery & Smithsonian American Art Museum are the same building and located north of the National Mall, but still plenty walkable to reach (or you rideshare it). The National Portrait Gallery has a painting of every US president. (The Renwick Gallery is a tiny portion of this some distance west that I haven't seen.)
      • The National Gallery of Art is not a Smithsonian, the only museum on the National Mall that isn't one. It's still free, and packed with European and American stuff. -I haven't been here, yet.
    • Significantly northwest of the heart of Washington DC but still within its little borders is the National Zoo. -Haven't been here either. You'd have to drive to it.
    • They also have the National Postal Museum, haven't been here b/c postal history is too niche to try dragging my family there. I wouldn't mind seeing it though.
    • If you're in New York, the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum is oddly located there, and tackles that design.
    • If you realize you accidentally got on the wrong plane and are headed to Panama, the Smithsonian Institution owns a research facility on an island there. IDK why.
  • Beyond Smithsonian museums...
    • National Archives is good. The Declaration of Independence and Constitution are stored there.
      • NGL, the DoI is really difficult to read. It's not that it's old, it's that it wasn't properly conserved for a long time, it has faded worst than it should've.
      • Outside the National Archives is a block of granite, take notice of it. It's the memorial that president Franklin Delano Roosevelt explicitly stated he wanted to be built for him if one were to be built in his honor, nothing fancy.
        • They built FDR a fancier and bigger memorial afterwards anyhow.
    • The memorials and monuments are plentiful, most being on the western half of the National Mall. You needn't spend long at them unlike museums, though the second FDR, Jefferson, and Theodore Roosevelt Memorials are a bit out of the way.
    • The Library of Congress is worth a moment looking around inside, I recall attending a quick tour inside the place.
    • Ford's Theater, where Lincoln met his demise, is a nice little museum. It's still a functional theater too. -Maybe not the highest priority for a one-time DC visit though.
    • The United States Botanic Garden isn't too big. If you've been to a botanic garden before, you know what to expect- a conservatory filled with plants from diverse climates.
    • I haven't been to Arlington National Cemetery yet. But it's right there over the river, some trolleys can shuttle you over there if you don't rent a vehicle or rideshare it.
    • Mount Vernon I would recommend making the drive to. It's lovely. And on a more dour note, it'd let you see for yourself one of those grand estates that was maintained by that grand stain on American history- slavery.
  • Time of Year to Visit:
    • You might think "Lots of walking, lots of outdoor memorials, summer fun!☀️😄". DO NOT visit DC in the summer!🚫😠
      • It is often said that Washington DC was built over a swamp. This is factually untrue.
      • However, WDC gets hot and humid during the summer. It is understandable why Congress has a long summer recess, even if Congress is incompetent.
      • I once visited DC during an outrageous heat wave where temps reached 130F/54.4C. I was a fool for wanting to see that second FDR memorial b/c no trolleys stopped there and we had to walk all the way to the Lincoln Memorial afterwards (the MLK Jr. one was still under construction at the time).
      • Fine... go in the summer if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    • Winter...
      • Well there is a National Christmas Tree. And the White House (I think you might need to book it in advance for security purposes, I've never been inside it nor the Capitol, so I'm not sure.) receives a massive magnificent redecoration during the holidays, the planning for which starts in like February.
      • Nonetheless, with so much outdoor stuff, I'm not sure if winter is ideal. DC is far enough south that the chances of snow are very remote, if not entirely unheard of. Even so, it's likely not exactly warm either.
    • Therefore, Spring or Autumn are probably the best seasons for visiting Washington DC
      • Some would complain of school trips during the Spring, but that's not really a big deal IMO.
      • Spring also brings with it the blossoming of the cherry blossoms. There's a bunch of in DC, particularly south of the National Mall along the Tidal Basin, gifts of diplomatic goodwill from Japan a little over a century ago.🌸
        • However, cherry blossoms are considered in Japan a symbol of the transience of life, given how briefly they last. Visiting DC during during peak bloom would be difficult to perfectly plan, you never know how warm or cold the winter beforehand is going to be and how that'll affect the beginnings and peak of the cherry blossom bonanza. Try timing it if you want, but expect to potentially miss out.

I think this is enough information?😅

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The British Museum is absolutely gigantic

I somehow missed this before.😆

Reminds me of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. A museum that is too big. Although Wikipedia puts the British Museum at 8 million objects in its collection, the Met is an impoverished 2 million. I suppose I'll have to settle in my country of philistinism.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not to mention it seems you're enjoying it 😄

I kinda like having an excuse to parrot information, if it's useful for once.😅

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I doubt anyone with no Pikmin knowledge would understand any of this, so for the uninitiated, Pikmin 2 is a game about paying off debt.

I owned and played both Pikmin 1 and 2. Never made it very far in either though, I didn't like the time limit in the first as a kid, the second I was better at, although I went no further than the big breadbug cave. I spent a lot of time reading my game guides for these games though, flipping through the pages and reading them thoroughly. Nowadays, the aesthetic and some of the enemies of Pikmin can creep me out. That, and I'm afraid I'd incur heavy casualties fighting almost anything, seeing Pikmin die is not guilt-free with the sound of their demise and their ghosts floating off.

@Newtype06 Happy birthday!🎂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer