• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Ike shipping thread

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no.

Ike is a true mercenary. Therefore, he has no single employer, nor a single spouse. As his loving is requested, so he gives an adequate payment. Three hundred years from RD, 5% of the population can claim direct descent from Ike. And it's why he left Tellius, too much thigh action from being the hero of the continent got exhausting.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I don't think I've gotten any of these yet but it's basically the familiar RPG mechanic of finding a seemingly broken weapon but when you take it to the forge, it becomes good, right?

No, you can't salvage Busted stuff at all, so you're better off not taking it in the first place. Once the proper AM unlocks, you'll stop getting Busted gear drops. But it's no biggie, since stores sell every brand too and store-bought stuff can suffice.

Oh, and for gear with traits you may wish to keep, weapons with Reflect- always Javelins, Shields, or Photon Sabers since those are the only weapons with Reflect Arts- are great. Arts: TP Gain is nice, Arts: HP Gain ain't bad either. And if on the rare chance you find Ranged: TP Gain Up (Ranged Weapons only obviously) thats great too, the Melee version isn't as good, but still useful. 

You

The Papaya lives! I seriously tried to abandon him there, one of the worst cases of dialogue choices meaning nothing in RPGs evah.

Alright so I've cleared Ch.3 in Xenoblade X. The tutorial is essentially over which means I have complete freedom in exploration (for the most part).

I think I'm gonna test my luck and see if I can make it to Cauldros without dying.

No probs if you swim the whole way. I did just that a few chapters later. Running through Sylvalum? That'd be a bit tougher, but still possible.

---

Decided after a week of owning it to start up Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker edition.

Very first impression- what appears on the top screen when I move the cursor over the game's icon in the 3DS menu. A chibified 3D model of the Anguished One. ya- no, it ain't cute, it's hideous! Bad Atlus, you don't besmirch the image of the AO!

Second first impression, whilst I see some positives aspects in it, the new opening trailer is nowhere near as good as the DS original version's trailer. The "realism" and 3D it has don't feel right. Strike two!

Third first impression, the rest is the same, and thats great! The game is as I remember it. I picked the Septentrione story, because whilst I finished it on all five endings before, I want to do at least one run of it as a refreshing before doing the new Triangulum scenario. For the main character's name, I entered "Vega Hydrae", doubly starry, because all the titular bad guys have starry names. Why those two stars in particular? I have a reason which is slightly spoilers for totally unrelated games.

Fourth first impression, one notable thing that Record Breaker added that the DS original version didn't have voice acting. I was going back and forth about whether to have the voiced turned off, because I had preconceived notions of what everyone would sound like having loving played the DS version. I was bring a grouch and didn't want to change the things in my head. I kept the volume down during the opening so I didn't have to hear Daichi's voice during the opening, and then turned off the voices at the first chance. But then I was "Quit being such a curmudgeon! Accept reality and turn them on!" and for once, I obeyed. Who knows, maybe I'll come to accept voice acting in Zelda now.:P:

Normally, I don't care one bit about voice acting, but my thoughts on it so far for everyone I've met for the sixth time.:

• Tico (Male)- I picked the male version over the female, a prefer a gentleman to a peppy bunny girl for my demon-summoning cell phone's AI personality. The VA isn't as strongly English Gentleman as I imagined.
  • Makoto- Not as deep as I thought it'd be, but it's very serious and professional, I like it. I'm glad she didn't get whoever voiced Einheria and Legretta, she could've been typecasted for Makoto and unfortunately those two weak characters would weigh on Makoto.
  • Yamato- The dude is what, 17? He sounds like he could be 30+. Although I will concede that it in a way suits his character, he is the leader of JIPS despite being so young, he's mature beyond his years. And Soren-like abrasive, but as a Soren fan, I don't inherently mind that, I didn't when I first played through this game.
  • Io- Sounds a bit fake, sorry Io, but I don't like it one bit.
  • Joe- Lowenthal?????? How? Joe is laid back and silly 90% of the time, this does not align with Yuri As Present As Water In The Ocean Lowenthal's usual roles from what I know. Me no like! Give me the Nipponese Seiryuu for this guy.
  • Daichi- Ehhhhh. It's fits with his pathetic personality, but not as much I'd want it to. *Ten minutes later* ...Wait a moment, this is the Ben Diskin "Joker" male Cross voice from XCX I was praising just yesterday!?! Whaaat?🤯 Diskin is good there, but bad with Daichi, that is fact. However, I must consider the full corpus of the Joker VA, and its lines aren't always the most heroic, hence the moniker "Joker". And, well, maybe it suits Daichi better than I give it credit for. Actually, it's a good fit after all, I'm getting used to Daichi's vocal soul as Diskin (though the Joker VA is palpably more manly). There, my old stubbornness is dying and conceding to a smile.🤗

For VAs of people I've yet to meet, I wonder what Jungo got? He came off to me as... of mental differences (I do not mean to offend)... and I wonder if the voice adequately reflects that and his pure heart. And, they better not have chosen poorly for the Anguished One.👿

Joe just joined up and stopping here for the moment. I've not decided which route I go first. Do I pick my favorite, or the ending thats as far as I see it an inferior version of my favorite should I choose to do four Septentrione NG+ runs? It'll affect who I choose to pursue raising Fate level with somewhat. Combat, Armageddon difficulty instead of Blessed because Armageddon is the same as the one DS difficulty and it isn't hard, is presently a bit tough. But thats because the game has just begun, I can't exactly Holy Dance and Multi-Strike everything yet. I'm going to go for a Magic build for the MC, with the occasional point in Vit and Ag, because you only get one copy of Pierce for the humans and I'd rather let someone else take it.

Well, I didn't intend to post anymore........ until I saw Devil Survivor 2.

It's like Fire Emblem has to be.

Airi has the best possible tsundery voice.

Spoiler

Good job Cassy Lee Morris!

I leave this thread with this.

Edited by Julian Teehee

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ike is a true mercenary. Therefore, he has no single employer, nor a single spouse. As his loving is requested, so he gives an adequate payment. Three hundred years from RD, 5% of the population can claim direct descent from Ike. And it's why he left Tellius, too much thigh action from being the hero of the continent got exhausting.

Thanks for the laugh, good sir XD

"So... that's it then?"
"..."
"An amazing friendship, if that's all it takes, huh?"
"We were never friends."
"But we had so much fun together!"

"'Fun'? Maybe. But just because we had fun does not make us friends. Our values are clearly not compatible."
"But didn't we all get along despite that?"
"Hmph, don't delude yourselves into thinking
THIS was friendship. The sooner you realize the truth, the lesser the pain will be."
"
But-"
"Don't. Nothing you say can deter me from leaving. If there is a 'next time'... do not expect our encounter to go peacefully..."

Random scene that popped into my head.
... Yeah, I dunno, either. XD

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, you can't salvage Busted stuff at all, so you're better off not taking it in the first place. Once the proper AM unlocks, you'll stop getting Busted gear drops. But it's no biggie, since stores sell every brand too and store-bought stuff can suffice.

And I take it that Busted stuff doesn't sell for much either.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Running through Sylvalum? That'd be a bit tougher, but still possible.

Yeah that's what I intend to do. Although I am doing a sidequest before that.

Speaking of, how many sidequests would you recommend I do before advancing to the next chapter. Bonus EXP isn't a thing in this game so I would like to avoid being underleveled.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of, how many sidequests would you recommend I do before advancing to the next chapter. Bonus EXP isn't a thing in this game so I would like to avoid being underleveled.

I've never played the game, but a while ago, while the game was still new, I watched a friend of mine play it, and he said that story progression is halted until you've reached a certain level, so you can't really be underleveled.
Hopefully this is accurate or I've just wasted your time.

Edited by DragonFlames

IMG_20201002_152138.jpg

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I've never played the game, but a while ago, while the game was still new, I watched a friend of mine play it, and he said that story progression is halted until you've reached a certain level, so you can't really be underleveled.
Hopefully this is accurate or I've just wasted your time.

The way story progress is works is you have to get the Mira survey to a specific % (I think it's also continent specific) as well as do specifc quests but even after the requirements have been met, you choose when to being the story chapter. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201002_152138.jpg

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

Enjoy! ^^
And I see this one will be a little faster than XBCX. XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The way story progress is works is you have to get the Mira survey to a specific % (I think it's also continent specific) as well as do specifc quests but even after the requirements have been met, you choose when to being the story chapter. 

Ah, I see!
Good thing you can choose when to progress.

>Dean gets speed
>11 AS

Ranged counter Dean hype

inb4 i have to reset the map

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do not see Derrick, you heretic.

I can only get so many weaklings at once XD

Like, i had to use Sherlock for use map, and the only reason i got Esteban is for his fog ability XD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see!
Good thing you can choose when to progress.

Yeah, that's what sets it apart from the rest of the series. I mean, technically you can choose when to progress in the other games too but X lets you explore the entirety of the world regardless of what chapter you're on (once you clear the tutorial chapters).

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

giphy.gif

Enjoy! 👍

It's been eight years since I last played.

Looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't forget to record all attempts of the perfect run!

Dread it. Run from it. The Perfect Run still arrives XD.

Can't wait to Game Over 50 times on that haha.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, that's what sets it apart from the rest of the series. I mean, technically you can choose when to progress in the other games too but X lets you explore the entirety of the world regardless of what chapter you're on (once you clear the tutorial chapters).

Nice!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, anything That doesn't require the flight module, at least. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dont worry about being under leveled until chapter 8, the game is a breeze up until then.

MfsDrlq.png

Absolute Monster

(To those who don't know: The + at AS means he can counter 1 Ranged attacks, which is equivalanet to normal FE 2 Range attacks, so to say. So he can counter Handaxes, Javelins, some Mages and Crossbows)

Edited by Shrimperor

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Benice

Reveal hidden contents

Eyyy! He'll look much better later on, keep that in mind. He has bonkers growths, and (unit spoilers, non-plot related)

Spoiler

He gets pursuit at level 20, which means he essentially ORKO's everything.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201002_152138.jpg

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

Have fun! G2 is a great game.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Spoiler

MfsDrlq.png

Dean's really easy to promote, too. Nice. I've never seen his character arc, since Izerna needed to be alive for it and she got killed in my first playthrough, (which was incomplete) and I haven't ended up using Dean this time.

OOOH! There is a sorta cryptic Kaga moment, so lemme know if you get stuck.

Edited by Benice