• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

...yet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

although i don't think any enemy has it. Although some late game bosses were definetly Kaga. Especially Blue Lions final Map is Kaga certified by Mekka himself XD

Maybe Kaga did work on three Houses!

Here i will be chronicling (heh) my attempt to make it to Cauldros in one go without dying (and without taking the lame way out and just swimming there directly).

I started here, where i had just finished a quest

IMG_20201003_201206.jpg?width=768&height

Once i neared Sickle Mountain (i'm not sure if it's actually called that), i ran into my first roadblock. To the left

IMG_20201003_201602.jpg?width=768&height

Lv.34 bird

To the right

IMG_20201003_201641.jpg?width=768&height

Lv. 27-28 Spiders. 

I decided to climb left while the bird wasn't looking and i came to a dead end.

IMG_20201003_201950.jpg?width=768&height

Except not really because steepness isn't that big of a deal apparently. I was able to run up the side of the mountain and make it to the other side

IMG_20201003_202300.jpg?width=768&height

I did see this FrontierNav point here but i decided not to activate it. Mainly because of the Lv.50 flying angler fish guarding it.

After crossing the bridge, i came across this cave

IMG_20201003_202545.jpg?width=768&height

Which i thought you had to go through but after being ambushed, i decided to go around the mountain it was in. Btw, the cave theme lowkey underrated. Was not expecting the wild west feel.

Anyways, i made it around and Sylvalum was in my sights

IMG_20201003_202829.jpg?width=768&height

As i neared the center island in between the two continents, i noticed that it was essentially a Prone base

IMG_20201003_203121.jpg?width=768&height

I swam around the island because i didn't see any alternatives.

And so, i arrived in Sylvalum, greeted by beautiful auroras.

IMG_20201003_211021.jpg?width=768&height

As i made my way into the interior, i was surprised at how not hostile the place was. A lot of things could kill me but most of what i saw were Lv.15-25 enemies.

IMG_20201003_204346.jpg?width=768&height

There is a Xe-Dom in the center there which will make your life miserable.....if you're in a Skell. Which i wasn't.

I set up the FrontierNav point close to here

IMG_20201003_204610.jpg?width=768&height

Sylvalum wildlife

IMG_20201003_204811.jpg?width=768&height

Here is where actual high level things started to show up.

And then, like a carnivorous plant, Sylvalum showed me it's true colors

IMG_20201003_205108.jpg?width=768&height

I was caught off guard by the relative low level indigens that i was ambushed by this guy. And because ambushes in Xenoblade X completely stop your movement for like two seconds (this is really dumb btw), those two seconds were enough for me to die. Guess i can't enter the cool kids club of "made it to Cauldros on first try without dying".

On 10/2/2020 at 10:25 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, level doesn't bend time-space around the difficulty like XC1.

I know it doesn't but i did die a few times to the boss of Ch.3 so i just wanted some reference points.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:33 PM, Shrimperor said:

Classic Ys games are pretty short and the fun is in the challenging hard bosses. They rarely last over 5 Minutes. Ys 7 is really the only one to suffer from tanky bosses problem

Yeah and honestly, i feel like Origin is a way better starting point.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:45 PM, lightcosmo said:

Dont forget about restraint on overdrive!

How do i show restraint when the game won't even teach me how to use Overdrive in the first place lmao.

Idk how often i'll use Overdrive but it is a pretty funny mechanic. Plus, Wir Fligen bops.

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw whole country celebrates your birthday

I'm late but happy birthday!

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

iKjigzx.png

Dios mio! La creatura!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Why not, though? He has grown past his BS-phase, and is very good at worldbuilding and can make really fun maps, as Vesterwick Saga have shown. I think he could be a real asset to FE as a franchise.

He absolutely has not. Vestaria Saga was fine enough the first half but in the second half, Kaga remembered that fun wasn't allowed and just made the game incredibly unfun to play. I dropped it in the route split when i learned that after the route split, there wouldn't be any shops and whatnot to replenish equipment, meaning that i had to be very conservative with everything or risk locking myself from completing the game.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

>Faye evades Swordmaster Boss

>Laido's and Adepts him

Faye top-tier material confirmed!

Wait, is is Laido or iado? I never can tell...

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Adel you smooth bastard xD

''Key to my room'' xD

Adel is Catria if Catrias were assertive.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I dropped it in the route split when i learned that after the route split, there wouldn't be any shops and whatnot to replenish equipment, meaning that i had to be very conservative with everything or risk locking myself from completing the game.

Haven't played Vestaria, but I doubt that even someone as audacious as Kaga would actually have no access to items at all. I can't be certain until I try, but I just...I don't see Kaga doing something that dumb. He makes bad design decisions a lot, but there surely would be ways to get items-I seem to recall hearing about a chapter where you attack a town to resupply.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...I hate capturing so much

i have a save right at a boss and i've been trying to capture him for a while now

need all the money XD

Oof. Yeah, it kinda sucks when you need that cash. You have been selling the treasures you've got, right?

There's a repair stone in shop

I WANT IT

Berwick Saga.txt

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...i can't believe it...

FAYE GOT STRENGTH!

Faye good! FAYE GOOD! (Although it was probably a bracketing-forced level.)

WHAT'S NEXT? AEGNIA MAG?

Who?

That Wind Mage princess with 4x Wind Magic

9 Levels, not a single point of mag lol

Ah, I was joking about Aegina and her magic. Still, Pallas Riana is here to stay!

Ah, best way to get gold in CK2. Invite courtiers who are old, no living relatives or just no generated family at all, and carry decently sized quantities of gold. Since if a courtier dies the liege gets their stuff if no one else inherits it. I do that every few years for when I need those couple extra coins.

To my big surprise, there was this guy in his mid-sixties... with almost 5K gold! Like... how? He was a Commander but I doubt it's the cumulative result of decades of salary. Maybe he got gifted gold every now and then. He has a claim to a city holding, maybe there's some relation there. Well anyway, he's now in my court, and once he dies...

Also, to my surprise, most of de jure Egypt is now independent from the... well actually, the Abbasids returned to being in charge of the Caliphate. Anyway, somehow a local Catholic Egyptian took over and managed to break free. Man, should've payed attention to the area to see how it happened. Though on the other hand, a Sunni took over most of Sicily also somewhere in the past decades. Maybe something should be done about that...

Though, well, I'm stopping for tonight. So not right now.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And Magic brace helps a bit xD

Indeed! I like giving her the Blessed Brace for a certain cheese strat in Ch. 6, but you'll certainly deal with it in a much better way than I.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Invite courtiers who are old, no living relatives or just no generated family at all, and carry decently sized quantities of gold. Since if a courtier dies the liege gets their stuff if no one else inherits it. I do that every few years for when I need those couple extra coins.

Bigbrain plays. Shrimpy, we should invite Herman over so when he...Ah, "Unfortunately dies" we get his stuff!

Edited by Benice

Controversial thought: At some point FE should give us a "lord" character that has absolutely no ways to inflict damage on enemies. Basically a pure support unit. Whether healing, rally-bot, or even refresher, or a combination at base class or for promotion.

Seize chapters will be oh so fun...

Tfw your first promotion is the healer lol

>Doesn't Learn Attack magic

F

Wow, already? My Izerna would have promoted just after ch. 6 if not for Minas murdering her while she was crippled. But hey, she gets an anti-cripple orb, I think!

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Controversial thought: At some point FE should give us a "lord" character that has absolutely no ways to inflict damage on enemies. Basically a pure support unit. Whether healing, rally-bot, or even refresher, or a combination at base class or for promotion.

Seize chapters will be oh so fun...

That'd work if you had a Jagen Lord like Ward, actually. I wouldn't mind seeing this, although I doubt that they will.

Edited by Benice