Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There was a timelimit?

There wasn't, ever. That's the HD remaster glitch.

Although the Bird of Infamy isn't what I'd remember as a fight that'd go on forever if you were losing. The constant peck-peck-peck of the chicks and occasional wing flap of the mother would kill you pretty quickly.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 11/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, BrightBow said:

It's surprising to me that the Gargoyle Axe is not categorized as a Great Axe. It has such a long reach.
Plenty of poise too. Silver Knights can't even fight back against two-handed hits because they just get stunlocked by every single hit.
It's a pretty silly weapon, honestly. A massive weapon that handles like a light weapon.
Only downside is that it looks really worn-out. Large chunks of it's blade are broken off. As if it was more likely to kill enemies through infection rather than cutting through them.

Wait, are you talking about the goofy tail axe, which still swings like a tail when you strike with it?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ruben playing an RPG? Willingly? What manner of sorcery is this?

Remember Exit Fate? The game I described as being the most fun I've ever had playing a JRPG? This is the other game made by its creator.

I have some faith.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Wait, are you talking about the goofy tail axe, which still swings like a tail when you strike with it?

Only the heavy attacks have those gimmicky swings. They are pretty terrible. But standard swings are the same as the Battle Axe. Except the Gargoyle Axe is several times as long.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

F-_Z7nAWoAAlEdX?format=jpg&name=large

F-_Z8DZXMAA5Trd?format=jpg&name=large

F-_Z82OXUAAVxus?format=jpg&name=large

Honestly, this feels weird. Not bad. It just feels weird. Special edition of The Daleks in color (to be clear, it's not trying to replace the original version).

This is actually a great example of how things were filmed back then, certain things had to be certain colors to give off the actual "intended color" when it came to black and white filming.

Christ, I remember watching the first black and white Dalek episodes ages ago.

In other news, I've been playing Minecraft in a little server. Built myself a quaint little treehouse to live in. Currently in the process of making it into a chocolate treehouse, might share pics when I'm done if I remember.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/11/unicorn-overlord-details-ally-characters-nations-and-exploration

Character designs be looking... too subdued, generic, blue. -So far.

I get it that Unicorn Overlord might be aiming for a more down to earth fantasy than Odin Sphere. And designs like OS's and Dragon's Crown's would become too much if everyone had them. Nonetheless, I hope our fallen kingdom prince gets a nice promotion outfit if that's a thing. I know it ain't difficult for promo costumes to look too nonsensically ceremonial and rather impractical, but at least they catch the eye.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other news, I've been playing Minecraft in a little server. Built myself a quaint little treehouse to live in. Currently in the process of making it into a chocolate treehouse, might share pics when I'm done if I remember.

Chocolate treehouse?

It really annoys me seeing the crystal archers in the Duke's Archive fire arrows that clearly curve towards their target. Not that it's a huge threat or anything, but it's still irritating.

The Duke's Archive might be the most complete of the post-Anor Londo areas, but it's still quite obnoxious. It's hard not to notice that your lock-on range is much shorter while you are in the area. No doubt so you can't really fight back against the archers and casters pelting you from other levels of the archive. And limiting a player's controls like that just doesn't feel great.
It so bad that it often leads to losing the lock-on during melee combat too. And in Dark Souls you only ever block in the direction you are moving unless you are locked on to something. So losing the lock-on likely means turning your back towards an enemy.

Today is Miyamoto's birthday, so Link has tamed the forces of nature to commemorate the occasion.

G7GdhBl.jpg

I'm spending most of my time bumbling around rather than progressing the plot. In this case, riding on Dinraal made traveling the Depths much easier.

Also, I saw the funny movie where a cat faces his mortality. I would've liked to see more of Wolf but I understand that giving him more screentime might undermine how menacing his few appearances are.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:14 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the list of all of Izana's supports in Gay Fates at the moment. Care to guess which ones are mine?

There are more yellow cells than the other colors, so I assume those are yours. Though I'm not sure if you'd choose to write for Setsuna or not.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:14 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember reading that. That happens more often than you'd think. You know the Minecraft Creeper? Only the entity that is arguably the face of the biggest selling game of all time, and even if not, still one of the most iconic enemies in videogames period? Glitched pig. Whoops.

Yeah, they mixed up the height and length parameters I think.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also i spot a green witch

Green witch? I can't believe they're adding Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie.

Better late than never i suppose. Here's how the rest of my Spain trip turned out. 

Day 2: Barcelona

I'll be tagging @Saint Rubenio cause it's his country and also @Interdimensional Observer because museums and history and stuff

Spoiler

Day 2 began with a tour

qUduNZ1o_o.jpg

NA0ajPrm_o.jpg

The tour took us to places like the Cathedral of Saint Eulana (the story of this i'll get to later)

7L8MeYN9_o.jpg

The building on the right there is, if i remember correctly, some sort of administrative building. I remember a thing about lawyers

uiJhd2n8_o.png?ex=6568edae&is=655678ae&h

Like back then someone commissioned this postal box. The whole thing kinda mocks the speed of which lawyers worked on, hence to say, the guy they comissioned never worked for them again. There's a good luck myth here that involves rubbing the turtle. You can't really tell here but years of that happening has caused the turtle to be worn down so they have to tell people not to rub the turtle.

naRjjoDv_o.png?ex=6568fcae&is=655687ae&h

The plaza of a monastery school iirc. Was bombed during the Spanish Civil War.

ZWILZJp8_o.png?ex=6568fd33&is=65568833&h

Shrine dedicated to Saint Eulalia. Remember the cathedral from earlier? The story goes that at the time, Catholics were being persecuted in Spain (or Christians in general, one of the two) by the Romans. Eulalia marched up to the governor and demanded him to stop. You can imagine how well this went for her. He ordered 13 days of torture, one day for each year of her life. The most famous is on the ninth day, where they stripped her, stuffed her in a barrel, pierced it with knives and other sharp objects, then threw her down this same alley apparent. She survived this somehow. The 13th and final day ended with her with her crucifixion. Story goes that when she died that day, snow covered her body and a goose appeared. Thus

pG7qqrJv_o.png?ex=6568fe60&is=65568960&h

there are always 13 geese in the cathedral's cloister (13th one is hidden behind the little wall there). The thing about the cathedral though is that Saint Eulalia isn't at the top of the spire like she's supposed to be, Barcelona's other patron saint, Saint Maria is there instead (even though she also has her own cathedral). There's a festival around February celebrating Saint Maria and the local legend is that whenever it rains on those days, it's the tears of Saint Eulalia, who's sad that she's essentially been replaced.

Anyways here's the interior of the cathedral

ZMvO8hcM_o.jpg?ex=656902b5&is=65568db5&h

rGZ8qzG7_o.png?ex=65690341&is=65568e41&h

xTwW1Zut_o.png?ex=65690450&is=65568f50&h

The spires at the top

WthEFFVv_o.png?ex=65690499&is=65568f99&h

and a view of Barcelona's skyline. There's the Mediterranean. 

Anyways there was like a little museum exhibition next to the cathedral

7Qc2p3Bb_o.png?ex=656905d0&is=655690d0&h

B9bCrCNf_o.png?ex=656906a4&is=655691a4&h

AmCmPq0i_o.png?ex=656906e9&is=655691e9&h

Anyways winding the clock back a bit because i didn't go into the cathedral until well after the tour

qgXaIeL2_o.jpg?ex=656907c1&is=655692c1&h

Politics

Also i'm not gonna post it here because i'm not sure if it'll break any rules but we came across a shop called Caganer. Yeah so Barcelona has this little tradition where they make figures shitting themselves and it's supposed to bring good luck. Back in the ye olden times, because it didn't rain that often, farmers would just shit on the soil for fertilizer, so when the rains did come, that'd get washed across the field.

The figures are funny, because they can be of anything. There's caganer figures of Star Wars characters and there's nothing Disney can do about that (though it gets weird when there's caganers of real people if you ask me, like in the shop they had caganers of Messi).

Anyways, here's the cathedral of Santa Maria del Mar

7Kx26Hgj_o.jpg?ex=65690d2e&is=6556982e&h

this is the back entrance, also there is a sex shop directly across from this.

V3TqDxil_o.jpg?ex=65695616&is=6556e116&h

The interior. The cathedral was set ablaze during the Spanish Civil War, the black stains are the burn marks from the fire.

y0QdDFwI_o.png?ex=6569576d&is=6556e26d&h

another view of the skyline, this time from atop Del Mar.

wU7XAlpT_o.jpg?ex=65695982&is=6556e482&h

F7_-OqmXcAA4E1o?format=jpg&name=4096x409

F7_-QATXYAANmx2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

La Sagrada Familia, biggest church in the world. Didn't realize we had to reserve our tickets in advance tho.

F7_-a3PXQAA7GJD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's the chocolate version.

This isn't every picture i took, i'd be here forever otherwise.

Stay tuned for the other days, this will take a while.

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Christ, I remember watching the first black and white Dalek episodes ages ago.

Didn't realize you were a fellow Doctor Who watcher. 

I mean, not everyone watches an episode from that long ago.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Character designs be looking... too subdued, generic, blue. -So far.

These are the ones that stood out the most

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_001.jpg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_006.jpg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_026.jpg

I think apart from these three, everyone shown there is part of the starting army.

But hey

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_070.jpg

Vanillaware background art still kicking it.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_11-16-23_075-1024x

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also i spot a green witch

Shrimpy when game has witch

bfd.jpg

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I saw the funny movie where a cat faces his mortality. I would've liked to see more of Wolf but I understand that giving him more screentime might undermine how menacing his few appearances are.

You have seen peak fiction.