Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You know, in retrospect, I really don't understand why Valerius gave Therenius his totem of immortality. Wasn't that a huge risk? Wasn't he afraid Therenius would turn on him once he became unkillable? Sure he can just warp away but then Therenius gets to keep the totem. Did he actually care that much for Therenius? Therenius doesn't seem like the kind of person that Valerius would grow fond of. And in gameplay all it achieves is forcing the final boss kill on Zade, always a lovely thing to see. At least in VS2 you can give it to a few other characters if you really plan for it.

If he at least lost the totem after Therenius's fall, I'd... sort of understand it as a way to set up his eventual defeat in another game. But no, Valerius just randomly has the totem again in the sequel, gives it to another villain again and then leaves again! How does he do it?

Then again, considering who he chooses to bring back to life with his dark powers in the sequel, I think Valerius just has a 2000 IQ brain and his plans are beyond my comprehension.

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Here we go then.

avs083.jpg

There he is. The man the myth the legend. Random bossman who is playable #1. And Nelke.

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

20200118125435.jpg

lol imagine letting Bonacel do anything.

...I certainly tried in my first run. Didn't this time. Even Claude and Lucion, mundane as they are, beat the crap out of the VS1 armor bros. Perfect availability did jack shit for them. I mean, Claude and Lucion have a couple situations in the game that were designed for them, which is more than the OG armor bros can say. Heck, they're probably better in VS2 and they exist for two chapters.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio you'll probably be allowed to marry old man Josef, i know that's what you really want.

uo-select-the-friends-eating-with-you-sc

Cute, Armagon. Very cute.

...I'll admit I'm more intrigued by the brigand boss-looking guy down there, Bruno.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..I'll admit I'm more intrigued by the brigand boss-looking guy down there, Bruno.

Brigand Boss, after being stabbed in the head by Alm, reincarnated into this game and became Bruno. He continued his life of crime until he got recruited by the hero's army.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Brigand Boss, after being stabbed in the head by Alm, reincarnated into this game and became Bruno. He continued his life of crime until he got recruited by the hero's army.

I mean, he doesn't look like Brigand Boss, he looks like a brigand boss. Actually, he has more of a Barth look to him. Same colors too.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, in retrospect, I really don't understand why Valerius gave Therenius his totem of immortality. Wasn't that a huge risk? Wasn't he afraid Therenius would turn on him once he became unkillable? Sure he can just warp away but then Therenius gets to keep the totem. Did he actually care that much for Therenius? Therenius doesn't seem like the kind of person that Valerius would grow fond of. And in gameplay all it achieves is forcing the final boss kill on Zade, always a lovely thing to see. At least in VS2 you can give it to a few other characters if you really plan for it.

If he at least lost the totem after Therenius's fall, I'd... sort of understand it as a way to set up his eventual defeat in another game. But no, Valerius just randomly has the totem again in the sequel, gives it to another villain again and then leaves again! How does he do it?

Dude probably just got tired that Therenius kept nagging him.
I would wager he is using a new totem now, since the dialog most certainly makes it sound as if Emmung busted it beyond repair.

That Therenius x Valerius ship is most certainly a weird one. Valerius' warmth towards Therenius seems to be genuine, considering he still talks about him in a revered manner in the sequel, despite Therenius being long dead.
But Valerius sees himself as someone who is kept down unfairly by the Solvian empire because of his heritage. Meanwhile a moron like Therenius is not only positioned way above his actual ability, but is still so entitled and full of himself that he firmy believes that he deserves so much more than the many things already given to him. He embodies basically everything Valerius should hate about the empire.  

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Is it incredibly long or are you just that hopeless without my genius recommendations?

It's boring lever hell

The really really boring kind

And having a promoted Zade makes it even more boring

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

molrsx52_o.png

laugh-ketawa.gif

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Vanillaware Fire Emblem

but in real time

but yeah imma looking forward to it

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

. I was a lucky, the way i was raised let me feel both parts equally American and Venezuelan as opposed to leaning one way or the other. 

you forgot the another important part: How people perceive you

Mixed people (wether culturally or racially) are more likely to be rejected by both sides than accepted by both sides

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's boring lever hell

The really really boring kind

And having a promoted Zade makes it even more boring

It's certainly memorable. I really enjoyed it my first time around, but now that I've played VS2... Well, Lever Hell is basically this map but better paced and even more zany so.

17 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Dude probably just got tired that Therenius kept nagging him.
I would wager he is using a new totem now, since the dialog most certainly makes it sound as if Emmung busted it beyond repair.

He just has a shelf full of those. However finds his house becomes a god.

17 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That Therenius x Valerius ship is most certainly a weird one. Valerius' warmth towards Therenius seems to be genuine, considering he still talks about him in a revered manner in the sequel, despite Therenius being long dead.
But Valerius sees himself as someone who is kept down unfairly because of his heritage. Meanwhile a moron like Therenius is not only positioned way above is actual ability, but he is even fully buying into his own hype. He embodies basically everything Valerius should hate about the solvian empire.  

I forgot he mentioned Therenius in VS2. Not many places for him to do so, either, considering he has like two scenes in the whole game lol. He doesn't seem to do it in chapter 24 so I guess I'll have to check his other scene.

It really is a strange thing, though. Therenius is the exact type of classist imbecile that is directly responsible for Valerius's angst, and yet his treatment of the guy is decidedly different from pawns like Tyron or Tamthir. How did the two of them even become friends? I'd expected Therenius would've said the wrong thing and earned Valerius's hatred within the first 30 seconds of making his acquaintance.

Keep in mind, you can snatch Emmung early with a flier and a chest key. (And Tasha's movement salad)

That way there are also quite a few levers and doors you don't need to fiddle with.

Edited by BrightBow

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you forgot the another important part: How people perceive you

Mixed people (wether culturally or racially) are more likely to be rejected by both sides than accepted by both sides

Yeah I mentioned that. My family accepted me instantly. But I know that's not the case for everyone.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do honestly love Rastelle. Just a poor redshirt who is forced to participate in Therenius' little game next to two elite knights.

She's just there. She exists.

...Interesting to think about how Cromwell ended up there though. He was supposed to be going back to the homeland, but then he surrendered to Zade. So how did he end up with Aslanne?

Just now, BrightBow said:

Keep in mind, you can snatch Emmung early with a flier and a chest key. (And Tasha's movement salad)

That way there are also quite a few levers and doors you don't need to fiddle with.

Oh boy.

Apple Ghidorah

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Live look inside Kaga's mind when he designs his games

I assume the Toymaker's return is established beforehand, but I'm amused by the idea that his first appearance in almost 60 years involves him coming out of nowhere and performing a dance number. Now that I think about it, Doctor Who sure has a lot of those.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

S-Supports lmao. I mean, only for the Lord this time like in Engage but haha, this really is Vanillaware Fire Emblem. The info states it can be between anyone Alain maxes out Support with. 

Soon, the shipping wars will begin. I look forward to seeing the essays as to why *insert character here* is the best romance option.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- I just went into the Eiyuden discord and started a bit of small talk.

Turns out Eiyuden Chronicles is going to have difficulty settings and difficulty sliders. This is already setting it apart from Suikoden, and it's a very, very good sign for me.

Hoo boy. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this might just be the one. The one to truly succeed Exit Fate and become The Fun JRPG... We'll see. We'll see.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

They most certainly call it the Tower of Anguish for a reason.

I just sort of sent Accorte, Cezar and a grievously injured, underleveled, unpromoted Troy through the grave. Then I got Slayne killed by a thief and decided to call it a night.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but in real time

but yeah imma looking forward to it

Also something i noticed about Rapports. Though they follow FE's CBA format, it's location-dependent instead of just having the convos take place in a neutral void. There's apparently even additional conditions you may have to fulfill (liberate a town for instance).

Idk if they're going to fall into FE's same pitfalls in that department but the fact that there's more to it than just simply talking should make it a bit more exciting.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also something i noticed about Rapports. Though they follow FE's CBA format, it's location-dependent instead of just having the convos take place in a neutral void. There's apparently even additional conditions you may have to fulfill (liberate a town for instance).

Idk if they're going to fall into FE's same pitfalls in that department but the fact that there's more to it than just simply talking should make it a bit more exciting.

Is there a small chance we might actually see a good version of FE's support system?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

YES

Finally another game does this!!!

I don't know the specifics, but there definitely seems to be some manner of difficulty customization. Might be difficulty checks for extra challenge instead, the way people talked about it, bu well, nothing much specific. It's worth keeping an eye on, to be sure.

Also look

Ivy.png

They gave a child giant iron fists.

That's actually fucking amazing though. If you want me to not spew hatred at the child, this is the way.

Okay, I've decided. HikkikOmori it is. Let's see if I can finish before the year ends...

Then again, I took the last days of the year off so I will have plenty of time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Was reading my very first issue of Archaeology magazine. Depending on the characters used to spell it, "Kaga" can mean "increased joy". -Make what you will of that.😛

Also read of:

• Jewish catacombs in Rome, including possibly the first use of the menorah as a universal Jewish symbol. Six ✡️ catacombs have been found in the Eternal City, only two are still accessible, the others got buried by landslides or something. In the 1st century AD, the Jewish population of Rome may have reached 40-50k, about 5% of the total population. Yet the catacombs like the only evidence of Jewish material culture in Rome.
  • The short-lived (150 years) yet culturally vibrant Kingdom of Pergamon in western Anatolia. Politically adept, carefully inducing a fusion of hegemonic Greek culture with the native Anatolian traditions in a way that didn't bother the locals.
  • I learned that the English word "copper" comes from Latin meaning "metal from Cyprus", because for thousands of years, until the fall of the Roman Empire, the island of Cyprus was the center of Mediterranean copper production. One ancient shipwreck was found to contain 10 tons (9 metric tons), 1/3rd the amount of copper used to build the Statue of Liberty; that's a single shipload over the course of two millennia, imagine the total historic volume then.
  • Native American adaptions to an ancient thousand-year drought in the Great Basin region of the western modern USA.
  • Genetic analyses revealing the workers at Machu Picchu came from across the Incan Empire, and even the distant parts of the Amazon thought to be beyond the Incan's control.
  • WWII shipwrecks (hence the Kaga fun fact, name of a carrier sunk at the Battle of Midway).
  • Mentions of Nero's personal theatre in Rome. 
  • The discovery of a page belonging to what must've been the world's oldest known book. The page having been removed and recycled as mummy wrapping.
  • An Egyptian tomb belonging to possibly the very first female pharaoh (or at least very prominent royal lady from the first pharaonic dynasty, circa 2950 BC), buried with hundred of jars of wine.
  • And a complete panda skeleton🐼💀 found buried in a Western Han emperor's tomb (died 157 BC). The panda was sacrificed, along with more than 400 other animals, including a tiger, and a tapir that must've been tribute from some kingdom in Southeast Asia.

I love nerdy magazines.🤓

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Still worried that it will lack Exit Fate's genuine challenge,

I played the first two Suikos, and from what I've read/seen of the others, they were all pretty easy. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'll caution ye now.

...And now I see you bring up the sliders. I think that's the third game I've seen that does this. Hopefully that helps ya.😀

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what? If I ever make a game, I'm going to put a very important-looking shiny in a character's inventory and if it's still intact a few hours later, it causes disastrous consequences for the player. Fuck hoarding.

I have two suggestions:

1. The classic valuable object stolen from an ancient tomb, which later turns out to be cursed.
  2. A crystal or bottle of something which the player isn't exactly certain of what it is. It turns out to be extremely sensitive to sudden shocks, and during a such a disturbance, goes kaboom! Like nitroglycerin.
6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, and only Ike can kill her. Because fuck Ike.

And only Chrom or Robin can kill Grima.

-The difference is that IS learned, and separated the gameplay final blow, from the narrative final blow.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Pretty sure when I started this it was 5 PM in the afternoon

...I finished it at 1 in the morning.

...Oh.

I mean, yeah lots of plot, but I don't recall the individual battles being very long. Short even.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

As for the next Fire Emblem game I'll play? Well, I imagine it'll be quite the...genealogy.

From overambitious grandiosity... to overambitious grandiosity 16-bit Kaga-style.😉

Ah yes, Support Rapport Conversations. Even following the CBA format, except that it seems to be going the Echoes route where not everyone gets the full three. I was joking about it being Vanillaware Fire Emblem before but now it just actually is.

Been largely skimming past the actual details of the game myself. When I know I'll be getting it, I needn't know that much in advance.😆

S-Supports lmao. I mean, only for the Lord this time like in Engage but haha, this really is Vanillaware Fire Emblem. The info states it can be between anyone Alain maxes out Support with. 

There better be an ending where Alain turns out to be totally open to threesomes, which everyone in the entire world desperately wants to have, with a man as the third. Alain uses his universal desirability to unify the continent under his indirect rule, only then can he claim the title "Unicorn Overlord".😝

@Interdimensional Observer you saw it already probably but gay marriage has been directly confirmed here.

giphy.gif

😁

...I need to get back to RF5. Why I'd take several days break from it again?😅 (Well, partly b/c I still feel very "wobbly" about whether I'm playing too fast or too slow.😆)

you'll probably be allowed to marry old man Josef, i know that's what you really want.

"Silver daddies" and their beautiful "boys" are a thing IRL.

Opera_Snapshot_2023-12-14_160404_www.sil

High Entia?

Might be from the angel-people theocracy?😇

uo-berengaria.jpeg?resize=617,926

Heels -impractical. Amount of armor, rather thin on the lower abdomen. Skintight body suit combined with the artwork's emphasis on the posterior, sultry. -But you can't see her panties and no skin be showing, so "modest" by Japanese fictional standard (Fire Emblem has sure done worse). Cool big spiked shield, and nice axe too.

Vanillaware be holding back so far on the lady designs. I think I heard Kamitani might be working on something else (not the first time he wasn't director on a Vanillaware game, Grand Knights History didn't have him either), perhaps a lack of him is to thank/blame.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is there a small chance we might actually see a good version of FE's support system?

Maybe. The fact that the game's equivalent of S-Supports are like a separate thing means the convos won't have to bend over backwards to justify the marriage.

The real issue with Support Convos in FE is how character development exists in a vacuum so as long as Unicorn avoids that, it should be fine. Having them set at specific locations should hopefully help avoid that.

Unicorn-Overlord_20231213_12.png

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vanillaware be holding back so far on the lady designs.

Honestly Vanillaware's kinda holding back on the designs in general. But to be fair, they've never had characters on this scale before. Can't do this

mfcazx3929k41.png?ex=658e080e&is=657b930

for like 65+ characters.

....I mean you can but they probably don't have the resources or the experience to go all out like that for a cast that big. Of course, maybe we'll still get some bangers in there.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....I mean you can but they probably don't have the resources or the experience to go all out like that for a cast that big. Of course, maybe we'll still get some bangers in there.

True. And it seems like 🦄 is going a little lower with the degree of fantasy, nothing so splendiferously magnificent as what began as the Ring Cycle in video game form. Albeit, the whole "prince in exile" angle is still very black & white heroic fantasy, not that I mind that at all.

Also, going super-stylized for more than a half-hundred characters would possibly be too much. There's a limit to how much bombastic fashion that one can awe at before they reach saturation, I suppose.

...Although I do think Alain looks a little too generic for the main character. Needs a story promotion that adds a pop of color, something less blue and steel gray. I was thinking some bright white, maybe with gold accents.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

FE should just do it like SRW for at least one game and just remove permadead. Now have fun when each cutscene has like 15 to 20 people in it. lol

As if FE could ever match the often-silly, sometimes-serious writing magic of SRW.😛