Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hype time

Haha, yeah, I can tell.

If I can make comparison with the first game, this feels like the Mechonis climb portion of the game. And not just because... well, both involve literal climbs through someplace.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Speaking of which I’ve been reading a lot of propaganda lately. First Melmoth the Wanderer and now Doctor Sleep. I know Stephen King is a good author, but the sequel to The Shining is strongly biased toward AA. The way King writes his story you’d think that consuming huge amounts of alcohol was bad for you or something like that.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

So, my brother and mother decided to go all the way and are watching Enterprise (the mid-2000's series). I ended up watching it with them. I'll admit, it's not... I call it a mixed bag. Some parts were certainly entertaining to see, others don't really gripped my attention much. But, if there's one thing I undoubtly love...

It's the opening. Totally.

Brain finale part 2 done. The triple Baronz and four Mycenaeans does make it a bit heavy on bosses. Although it the fifth-to-last stage, that ought to be entirely acceptable. I still do like the power of hand-holding saving the world.🤗

As last-minute as they are, the inclusion of the Mycenaeans simply to add a little complication to the story, of the Reclaimers having something to deal with in addition to the heroes, is good. As is General Colbert doing his usual madness and then getting his just desserts via Kant + five-second truce + Orphan Hates The Seedy Nutjob.😄

I also took note of how they drew portraits for all the Mycenaean generals, but let Jonathan and his grunts kill half of them offscreen beforehand. I sorta liked that, shows a villain as being rather competent. -And now I get the two Baronz for what little remains of the game, bringing the Antibody army to its full 10 units at last.😁 Spending 600k of my 1.5 million funds and I can FUB the Baronz + max out their Favorites-boosted EN cap, not a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, the Brains are just so good units.

As I said once before, the Brains are very flavorful.😀

• HP & EN Regen. -Not like they need the former, but if on the tiny chance they hit and a Support Defend activates, the unit that was injured can walk it off in a couple turns wherein they probably won't get hit again.
  • A universal barrier, a nice little sometimes anti-OHKO cushion that pairs well with the above Support Defend situation.
  • A -J nerfed- Afterimage, which includes some additional flavor in warp-movement at high Will.
  • Newtype-but-better (b/c +weapon power) for a unique pilot skill.
  • Friendships galore for more hit & evade, and combination attacks for all.

Using the Brains really feels like leukocytes devouring pathogens, or unleashing a swarm of wasps.

The Bellzelute/Coustwell, D-Boy (and maybe his late-joining sister), and Kira & His Boyfriend Until Lacus & Cagalli Straighten Them Out, are the very best dodgy units in J.

• Yet, the Brains in their entirety comprise the next tier of gameplay-Reals. Max their EN and as long as you don't overdo the Chakra Extension/2-Handed Brain Bar use, they have no weaknesses.
    • The uniformity of the Brains works in their favor when they've got so much going for them.
    • All the Brains even outdo Layzner and the Arbalest, since both of those get dragged down by their significantly inferior companions, which they need for combination attacks. The M9s being particularly weak since their combination isn't as strong and they don't have Repair/Resupply either.
    • The Aesti are available way sooner than the Brains, and never have EN issues, but in the long-run fall a little short of the Brains, IMO (although I should use the Aesti first to see -on my fourth run they'll be). Akatsuki is also just bad, while Akito needs Gai's late secret return to have boss-fighting offense.
    • The non-Freedom & Justice mobile suits are rather lackluster too. Without combination attacks they peak at less than 4000 power without upgrades, lame.
    • And the Sol Tekkamen are almost pure filler, difficult to get much use out of them.
7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wish they could show up again in SRW.

Why only two appearances when Bandai Namco owns Sunrise, so it wouldn't be difficult to get a license? ...Buuuuuut I'm sure that could be asked of soooooo many other IPs.😐

Other than perhaps VA issues, is it all a matter with Sunrise IPs of what Banpresto feels like writing into the plot at any given time?🤔

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Painkiller:

ce4c73c911997930b1f95839b5d6cb53.jpg

He uses Ice because Ice numbs pain. haha

What game are you looking at?🧐 This is a completely random guess without any checking, but Thousand Arms?

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Using the Brains really feels like leukocytes devouring pathogens, or unleashing a swarm of wasps.

Well, they are Orphan's antibodies, after all. Just different flavor from the Baronz and Grand Chers.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why only two appearances when Bandai Namco owns Sunrise, so it wouldn't be difficult to get a license? ...Buuuuuut I'm sure that could be asked of soooooo many other IPs.😐

Other than perhaps VA issues, is it all a matter with Sunrise IPs of what Banpresto feels like writing into the plot at any given time?🤔

Maybe it's just not a high priority to use again. Lots of other series also have only 1-2 appearances. Alpha 2 and J were not that far apart (just two years), so perhaps they were used within the same license-to-use period.

Hmm, admittedly wouldn't know, but since they could make use of Brain Powerd in the voiced Alpha 2, it might not be that hard to do it again. Worse comes to worse, they just reuse the clips for some characters. And despite how it might look in other cases, they are willing to revoice characters if needed. A good example is Tod from Aura Battler Dunbine. They bothered to track down his original VA for F/FF, since they wanted to use the original VA's for the very first voiced SRW. However, for any other appearance since then, they used a different guy to voice Tod instead.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What game are you looking at?🧐 This is a completely random guess without any checking, but Thousand Arms

I am playing Dragon Shadow Spell. Its a tactical game that is JP only for the PS2. Its very... Under the radar, so to speak.

Edited by Lightcosmo

China just took out the gacha industry out back and shot it in the head.

Like fucking Tencent lost billions because China said "nah your gachas gotta have a way of letting people just buy the featured character outright".

This will probably only affect Chinese gachas but it'll be interesting to see how it's handled for any that have international reach (Genshin for instance).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Like fucking Tencent lost billions because China said "nah your gachas gotta have a way of letting people just buy the featured character outright".

This will probably only affect Chinese gachas but it'll be interesting to see how it's handled for any that have international reach (Genshin for instance).

Oh yeah, saw that.

I mean, if it leads to even non-Chinese companies trying to appease them...

Cleaned up the licensed real remnants this morning, leaving the last three battles of J left. Now I can finally deploy the full army that I planned out months ago. I already distributed the parts, now I just need to dole out a few modules, dump all the pilot point (Range for everyone, battleships aside which get Def) and spend the cash reserves for the finale, probably all in weapon attack since the Fury baddies are big and shouldn't be able to land any hits on my massively minimal maximally mobile military (and if they did, it'd be OHKOs regardless of reasonable HP-Armor investments).

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No.

Z65CHSxj_o.png

Meißeans.

Mykḗnēans -It's Greek.🇬🇷😛

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I am playing Dragon Shadow Spell. Its a tactical game that is JP only for the PS2. Its very... Under the radar, so to speak.

Must be if I've never heard of it before.😆

I hope it's good. And that you're fairing okay with the untranslated aspect of it.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I read this yesterday. The policies also include something about cracking down on daily rewards b/c they incentivize always staying connected to the game.

You know I'm not one for China's heavy-handedness when it comes to ...basically everything. Although I do see a good deal of commenters on the Internet praising the move, which says just how much gatcha is loathed in sectors of the gaming community.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Must be if I've never heard of it before.😆

I hope it's good. And that you're fairing okay with the untranslated aspect of it.

I love this game! 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

China........................................

..................based...?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mykḗnēans -It's Greek.🇬🇷😛

Fair.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

npc5hdqlu18c1.jpeg

@Saint Rubenio

Look what Ippei cooked

It's been sent to me yeah. I could swear I've seen this before but I won't say no to Garon and Ippei being awesome.