Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(Missed this) congrats on finishing the game. If you're doing post-game, T-elos is now avaliable in the summoning pool.

Ah, yes, have lots of Core Crystals to do another pulling session. Now, whether it's a fruitful one...

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, yes, have lots of Core Crystals to do another pulling session. Now, whether it's a fruitful one...

T-elos has like, significantly a higher rate than everybody else. Shouldn't be too hard to get her. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

T-elos has like, significantly a higher rate than everybody else. Shouldn't be too hard to get her. 

Ah, that's nice. Well, I'm done playing for today, so I'll check my chances tomorrow.

---

Oh, another Crash 3 alpha build leaked!?

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Crash_Bandicoot:_Warped/July_17th,_1998_build

Ok i got time. Day 4 of my Spain trip.

As always, i am tagging @Saint Rubenio for this and @Interdimensional Observer.

Day 4: Vigo/Baiona

Spoiler

DMpq37K.jpg

An overhead pic i took on the way to Vigo. 

CLsyPeC.jpg

and here we are. Vigo. I'm not kidding when i tell you this whole place reminded me of Caracas.

fNFvQsw.jpg

zuTL7lK.jpg

wFzpy27.jpg

sLyMVwS.jpg

ZRMmJbr.jpg

7eBVnC1.jpg

6vUjkZS.jpg

After reuinitng with aunts and cousins, we took a bus to Baiona.

68s2s7q.jpg

zFwOScy.jpg

this isn't Baiona but rather what i like to call the Bumblefuck Nowhere Regions. I was genuinely caught off guard by how dilapidated all this looked tbh.

Anyways we got there in the end. Baiona.

r0DNFUK.jpg

DK09hDS.jpg

WNNFJzS.jpg

JCYxMNU.jpg

zLza074.jpg

sJNJF1f.png

lYJNpGa.png

iQWQTNh.jpg

PUQVOio.jpg

Seeing the Atlantic from the other side was a real treat.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Eh, Play Station 1s are fairly cheap now a days (and I think PS2, and PS3 are both backwards compatible with PS1 games as well for more options).

IIRC PS2 will play PS1. At least mine will

My PS3 will play PS2, but I once heard not all the PS3s would. Dunno if mine will play PS1 so now you kinda got me curious 

30 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

IIRC PS2 will play PS1. At least mine will

My PS3 will play PS2, but I once heard not all the PS3s would. Dunno if mine will play PS1 so now you kinda got me curious 

My vague memory on the matter is that only the first generation of PS3 were backwards compatible with PS2 games, but all the PS3 were backwards compatible with PS1 games. Fun little fact, the PSP is also natively able to run PS1 games, you just have to get the game into a file format it can read, no emulator needed.

Ya know, I've always gotten cleanliness products (shampoo, bath sponges, etc.) as filler gifts for Xmas, which I'm fine with. But, this is the first year where I've gotten "crop preserver", or as it's listed in Spanish- desodorante intimo. Or as it's also listed in English right on the bottle- "🏀🎾 deodorant".😆

A few eShop cards were given as well, not sure what I'll use them on. I could save them for XC3's DLC ...but I still don't have a clue when I'll get to to the main game.😅

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you kidding me, and miss my chance to sass my parents for using me as the designated driver so they can indulge in a bit of wine-dipped sponge cake?

The anglophone world's "fruit cake" is not a sponge cake, usually. And you don't just dip it in wine, you brush on some rum or brandy. Some people "feed" their fruitcake their choice of booze once a week for months on end (teetotalers can use fruit juice instead). And yet other soak the dried and candied fruit that fill the cake's innards in yet more run and brandy. Part of the reason fruit cake can last upwards of years without spoiling.

Also, there is an old English spiced apples & alcohol punch-styled beverage called "wassail", once very popular around the holidays. Pieces of bread/toast or little cakes would be placed in the big wassail bowl. and if for some reason you were to be honored during the Christmas celebrations, as part of the old traditions, you would be given the right to eat the cake/bread that been sitting in the big bowl of booze for probably hours on end. Yippee.😐

-I know you didn't mean any of the above, all I'm sayin' is the best thing about alcohol is the great history that humans have given it.🍻🤓

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That donkey.🤨 The choice to retcon his OG2 death in OGs... can't say I was fond of it. Though I know he tries redeeming himself in the end.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga about to suffer the same fate as Xenogears (gacha crossovers only).

It's getting KOS-MOS and three character costumes. -Yet they're including chaos instead of Shion.😂

Okay, the obligatory one male rep explains The Boy Without Limelight. But still, Shion for the second time got bumped out of a crossover appearance by the Kossy-Telly-MOMO trio. Though I completely get it. It's also only dawning on me now that Shion and Kalas really need to have a nice little conversation together.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG20231225195736.jpg?ex=659c9a88&is=658

I can now say i own Xenogears physically.

Beautiful.😄

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But it is a sign i should replay the game this coming year. Last i played it was in 2018.

I only played it once, and I think that's enough for me.😅 I'll stick to consulting the Internet when I need to refresh my memory of things.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

6vUjkZS.jpg

...Did magical realism make its way back to the other side of the Hispanophone world? Although it might be a little too surreal for that, and the construction looks pretty new?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Happy holidays folks. I today learned that apparently that during the screenplay of the musical 1776, President at the time Nixon forced the stage production to keep out the song "Cool Considerate men" because he saw it as a critique of the modern right wing.

This is up there as being one of the funniest Nixon facts for me now.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:08 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

The tier list maker didn't include her, actually. I would've had to give her her own tier, too: "Has probably my favorite Gregor support so kudos for that."

I'll write a three page essay on her someday.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

this isn't Baiona but rather what i like to call the Bumblefuck Nowhere Regions. I was genuinely caught off guard by how dilapidated all this looked tbh.

España vaciada, baby!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

PUQVOio.jpg

Seeing the Atlantic from the other side was a real treat

Look yonder, Armagon. Your homeland lies over the horizon.

Our cannons are aimed at you. Fire at will.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still hunting down Ruben, eh.

We must have our climatic duel with our Berwicksign and Xenosign, respectively.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The anglophone world's "fruit cake" is not a sponge cake, usually. And you don't just dip it in wine, you brush on some rum or brandy. Some people "feed" their fruitcake their choice of booze once a week for months on end (teetotalers can use fruit juice instead). And yet other soak the dried and candied fruit that fill the cake's innards in yet more run and brandy. Part of the reason fruit cake can last upwards of years without spoiling.

Also, there is an old English spiced apples & alcohol punch-styled beverage called "wassail", once very popular around the holidays. Pieces of bread/toast or little cakes would be placed in the big wassail bowl. and if for some reason you were to be honored during the Christmas celebrations, as part of the old traditions, you would be given the right to eat the cake/bread that been sitting in the big bowl of booze for probably hours on end. Yippee.😐

-I know you didn't mean any of the above, all I'm sayin' is the best thing about alcohol is the great history that humans have given it.🍻🤓

Daros become wassail.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shion for the second time got bumped out of a crossover appearance by the Kossy-Telly-MOMO trio

Story of poor Shion at this point.

Edited by Lightcosmo

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun little fact, the PSP is also natively able to run PS1 games, you just have to get the game into a file format it can read, no emulator needed.

PSP also has no region lock at all like many systems of that time did.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..Did magical realism make its way back to the other side of the Hispanophone world? Although it might be a little too surreal for that, and the construction looks pretty new?

I think this was a newer part of the city yeah.

I said it before though but you can really tell which city does and doesn't get that tourism money. Which is why i liked Vigo the most. Real comfy place not obviously bogged down by tourism. Public transit could use some work though.

España vaciada, baby!

Latinoamerica 🤝España

Fuera de la ciudad, no hay nada.

Your homeland lies over the horizon.

What's hilarious is that across the Atlantic ocean, around the same latitude, is Nova Scotia

Cape-Breton-.jpg

the complete opposite climate. Gulf Stream does wonders for y'all.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look yonder, Armagon. Your homeland lies over the horizon.

Our cannons are aimed at you. Fire at will.

One of the great things about the Latin American Wars of independence was that it got the Spaniards to start shooting at each other instead of the Natives for once. We should bring it back.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Honestly Rasputin totally feels like a Doctor Who addition to history, you know what I mean? Like If I didn't know anything about Russian history and you told me that Doctor Who added a crazy peasant wizard man into the Russian Revolution that wasn't there before I would believe you.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

One of the great things about the Latin American Wars of independence was that it got the Spaniards to start shooting at each other instead of the Natives for once. We should bring it back.

I must clarify something: When I said "homeland", I kinda sorta forgot Armagon was Venezuelan.

I meant the US lol

41 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Honestly Rasputin totally feels like a Doctor Who addition to history, you know what I mean? Like If I didn't know anything about Russian history and you told me that Doctor Who added a crazy peasant wizard man into the Russian Revolution that wasn't there before I would believe you.

Well, you know what they say. Fiction has to worry about making itself have sense. Real life... does not.