Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Good news is that I managed to finish 60 books which was my challenge for the year. 22,000 pages later I feel like…

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You do it, I'd rather play more Covenant right now.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Good news is that I managed to finish 60 books which was my challenge for the year. 22,000 pages later I feel like...

My regards. Which was your favorite?

10 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I'm getting conflicting vibes from this, Wraith.

Natalia just blocked Freya's attack, and then for some reason the rest of her attacks hit Gwendal instead. Natalia just put Gwendal between herself and God to tank hits for her.

Amazing. Dang, what a shame I couldn't record this. Fucked up and pressed ctrl+f instead of ctrl+g which brought up some other useless Microsoft bloatware and I'm pretty sure screwed with the recording app. Oh well.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm getting conflicting vibes from this, Wraith.

I have conflicting feelings.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My regards. Which was your favorite?

Top 5 in no particular order:

Suldrun’s Garden

Count Zero

Melmoth the Wanderer

Orlando 

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Preeeeetty sure they don't. Maybe Sophie does if you get in her range, not sure.

Luveil will eventually send Sophie into battle on the last few turns.

Fun fact: If you kill Sophie and capture Luveil, you get to keep Luveil as a prisoner.
Doesn't give a lot of money, though. You would think that an aristocrat like her would be worth more.

Edited by BrightBow

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Luveil will eventually send Sophie into battle on the last few turns.

Fun fact: If you kill Sophie and capture Luveil, you get to keep Luveil as a prisoner.
Doesn't give a lot of money, though. You would think that an aristocrat like her would be worth more.

Her father being who he is, I can totally imagine him only being willing to pay a pittance for her and otherwise let her rot.

Okay, the ballistae defense is over with a tiiiiny bit of save reloading and save states. Still intense, like almost any other Berwick map.

Admittedly, being away from the game for so long, the end to Esteban's stuff is sorta lost on me.😅

Start-skipped through everything text-related afterwards just to see what Chapter 11's first map looks like. Narrow, enemies only coming from one direction, one little defend point. -What's the catch?🤨 Will the enemy deploy their own Larentias en masse from the northern mountains? Do the northern woods contain a hidden army of assassins and brave crossbows that won't emerge until they're just above the heroes' starting position? Is there a dam nearby that's gonna break from heavy rainfall and flood/mudslide this valley? I don't trust Berwick, at all. 20 turns is a lot of time to throw curveballs at me.

-But I think I won't play any more BS for the rest of this year. I'll swap back to RF5, a very chill experience. I don't dislike Berwick Saga, and I want to finish it, but the rise in blood pressure the maps give me disinclines me from taking too big a dose. Now I want a game that triggers a different kind of cardiovascular hypertension.💓

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Her father being who he is, I can totally imagine him only being willing to pay a pittance for her and otherwise let her rot.

This reminds me of one IRL hostage instance. It was a grandchild of a billionaire named Getty I believe. Getty needed heavy persuasion to pay his grandchild's ransom, he was a bit of miser, and I think he might've said, paraphrasing, "If I pay their ransom, then you know all the other grandkids are going to come begging to me when they get held captive.🤨".

Oh yeah

GCQ0gQya8AAemxt?format=jpg&name=medium

Video game companies are putting out New Year's cards and social media posts.

It's going to be the Chinese year of the dragon BTW.🐉

Some Japanese devs are mentioning their plans for the new year too.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

YqEmXhA.jpg

I made a (bad) thing

Nice.😃

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GCQ0gQya8AAemxt?format=jpg&name=medium

Video game companies are putting out New Year's cards and social media posts.

It's going to be the Chinese year of the dragon BTW.🐉

i expect alot of Dragon ladies and bois

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice.😃

The image i have on PC is of much higher quality but uploading PNGs without losing transparency is a pain in the ass ;_;

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

YqEmXhA.jpg

I made a (bad) thing

That looks to cover about everything! I am disappointed that the Berwick Saga cover doesn't take more space, though. 75% of the chart, give or take, would properly impress its importance upon the viewer...

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Narrow, enemies only coming from one direction, one little defend point. -What's the catch?

None. This is the "calm before the storm" map of Berwick's lategame. To compensate, 11-1 is mandatory and a far more intense map.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Will the enemy deploy their own Larentias en masse from the northern mountains?

Hmmm, well...

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I think I won't play any more BS for the rest of this year. I'll swap back to RF5, a very chill experience. I don't dislike Berwick Saga, and I want to finish it, but the rise in blood pressure the maps give me disinclines me from taking too big a dose. Now I want a game that triggers a different kind of cardiovascular hypertension.💓

Completely understandable. I'm just happy you've returned at last!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am disappointed that the Berwick Saga cover doesn't take more space, though

Tbh

I wasn't able to find any good image i could use for Berwick Saga. I tried to find something that could fit in the limit i have for each game (with = 316 px, or scaling down to such), but the Berwick cover had a Width of 216 px (same with some of the old FE games)

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i expect alot of Dragon ladies and bois

If IS doesn't post anything celebratory or if they do and it has no Manaketes in it, then what's even the point to having them?

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Someone said dragon!?

To be precise, we're looking at the Year of the Wood Dragon. The Chinese zodiac cycle through the Classical Chinese Five Phases/"Elements"/Wuxing. 5x12 means it takes 60 years to complete such a cycle, making one's sixtieth birthday a little special in China.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm, well...

-I'm not loving it that was I right.😝

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

None. This is the "calm before the storm" map of Berwick's lategame. To compensate, 11-1 is mandatory and a far more intense map.

Hmm...😶

-Can't be sure of how to feel about this, so the mouthless emoji it is.😛

But then I could probably shred what remains of the game with how many +1 attacks weapons I have completely untouched. If they get 15 kills each before going bust, well Berwick isn't huge on the enemy count. -If only I used them.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Completely understandable. I'm just happy you've returned at last!

It feels kinda random that I resumed like this. But then consistency and regularity with gaming isn't a habit of mine.🙃

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Elections on Sundays might mean more Minorities, Poor and Younglings can vote. We can't have that, can we?

"Originally, election days varied by state, but in 1845 a law was passed to set a single election day for the entire country. (At first, it applied only to presidential elections, but it was later extended to congressional elections as well.) At that time, the United States was still a largely agrarian society. For farmers, who made up a majority of the labor force, much of the year was taken up by the planting, tending, and harvesting of crops. Early November was a good time to vote because the harvest was over but the weather was still relatively mild.

Still, some days of the week were better than others. Two days were definitely out of the question. Most Americans were devout Christians and thus set aside Sunday as a day of rest and worship. Wednesday in many areas was a market day, when farmers sold their crops in town. In addition, a travel day was sometimes required. In rural areas, the nearest polling place might have been several miles away, and, in an era before automobiles, getting there could take a while. If people couldn’t use Sunday or Wednesday as their travel day, then that meant election day couldn’t be on Monday or Thursday, either. And so Tuesday was perceived as the best option.

The reason that election day was specified as the Tuesday “after the first Monday” was to prevent it from falling on November 1. That day was considered unfavorable because some Christians observed it as All Saints’ Day and also because merchants typically took the first day of the month to settle their books for the previous month."

Basically another American law that made sense at the time but is woefully out of date.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J019.png

Oh thank god, they fixed the UI from Mystery.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J020.png

Somethingsomethingwowthat'saverybigmapiwonderiftheothermapswilllooklikethishaha.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J021.png

I'd like to know what name DiMaggio is translated from.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J022.png

Modern Fire Emblem is too horny, I miss the old days.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J023.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J024.png

"You can't put a price on your health...but also you have to pay us."

What is this, America?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J028.png

Out of spite I should just favoritize all the female units until they become power houses.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J031.png

This is a skill.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J032.png

Oh wow, you can look inside the castle for units and items during the battle?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J033.png

Shout out to Ethlyn for crittin the boss first try.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J035.png

Gee, it'd be a shame if you put the bridge on the exact location my badly damaged axe unit is sitting so that the ambush spawn immediately goes to kill him.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J036.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J037.png

Never punished.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J038.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J039.png

I mean 10 guys winning against like 50 is pretty impressive.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J040.png

I've thrown so much in such a short amount of time yet emerge unscathed.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J044.png

Ethlyn is crying.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J046.png

No? Nothing? You level for the first time in the literal first map of the game and you don't even get a single stat boost?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J048.png

Well at least she makes up for it in the banter.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

"Originally, election days varied by state, but in 1845 a law was passed to set a single election day for the entire country. (At first, it applied only to presidential elections, but it was later extended to congressional elections as well.) At that time, the United States was still a largely agrarian society. For farmers, who made up a majority of the labor force, much of the year was taken up by the planting, tending, and harvesting of crops. Early November was a good time to vote because the harvest was over but the weather was still relatively mild.

Still, some days of the week were better than others. Two days were definitely out of the question. Most Americans were devout Christians and thus set aside Sunday as a day of rest and worship. Wednesday in many areas was a market day, when farmers sold their crops in town. In addition, a travel day was sometimes required. In rural areas, the nearest polling place might have been several miles away, and, in an era before automobiles, getting there could take a while. If people couldn’t use Sunday or Wednesday as their travel day, then that meant election day couldn’t be on Monday or Thursday, either. And so Tuesday was perceived as the best option.

The reason that election day was specified as the Tuesday “after the first Monday” was to prevent it from falling on November 1. That day was considered unfavorable because some Christians observed it as All Saints’ Day and also because merchants typically took the first day of the month to settle their books for the previous month."

Basically another American law that made sense at the time but is woefully out of date.

To all Europeans wondering why the US is so fucked, it's because the country was founded by extremely religious puritans that then went on to make Evangelicalism the biggest cult this world has ever seen, nearly half of Americans have been influenced in some ways by it.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J020.png

Somethingsomethingwowthat'saverybigmapiwonderiftheothermapswilllooklikethishaha.

On the flip side, the neat part of it is how you can almost piece up the entirety of Jugdral this way. Almost.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J021.png

I'd like to know what name DiMaggio is translated from.

Well, his Japanese name is デマジオ, or Dimajio. So... from DiMaggio. I think it is accurate there.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J023.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J024.png

"You can't put a price on your health...but also you have to pay us."

What is this, America?

Have you seen how much it costs to repair a Heal Staff?

Fun fact. The formula is basically: 1HP per 5 Gold.

Heal Staffs cost 5000 to repair.

If anything, the Church is still losing money. Taxes likely cover the rest.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J028.png

Out of spite I should just favoritize all the female units until they become power houses.

I mean, you don't need to. By default almost all of them get favored one way or another. Mostly because Holy Blood.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J032.png

Oh wow, you can look inside the castle for units and items during the battle?

That's how further chapters will start. With everyone inside. The Prologue is the exception.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J040.png

I've thrown so much in such a short amount of time yet emerge unscathed.

Ah, the good old CHOKE THE POINT.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J044.png

Ethlyn is crying.

Hey, he said knight. She's a Troubadour...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J046.png

No? Nothing? You level for the first time in the literal first map of the game and you don't even get a single stat boost?

It happens. More so for the Holy Blood-less.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J048.png

Well at least she makes up for it in the banter.

She...?

Daga Otoko Da