Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I was pleasantly surprised by Aegina in my last run. Girl pops off pretty hard with a bit of early investment.

Still, the mages aren't so easy to use properly, so I can't fault you.

Aegina can be quite silly. I recall when I first started trying to adjust her, I gave her +2 magic and she ended up completely overpowered.
Felt too strong with +1 magic as well. So I just ended up leaving her magic as is, and simply gave her a free Spirit Brace to hold her over until the Blessed Brace in chapter 5.

Buffed her wind base and growth, though. Definitely feels like they are too low for Aegina and Perceval.
I am quite happy with the way she is now.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

blanka_drawing_streetfighter_capcom_1271

Him being the only other Brazilian character kind of implies that that's just what the sexual dimorphism is for Brazilians in the Street Fighter universe which is very racist but also incredibly funny

Yeah that's what Brazilian men look like. 06 can confirm.

Jokes aside, I think Blanka just had an X-Men thing going on iirc.

Edited by Armagon

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes, but not black or sub-saharan african

Which is exactly why Egypt complained when the documentary changed that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Desert & dragons is done. The random sword-guarding-dragon-in-a-cave received two doses of Leia, because I don't see much else that could've cracked through that. At least the game was nice enough to make sure it can't immediately OHKO whoever happens to discover it, and gives you the option of passing on the nice sword.

Checked out the last optional map, it looks interesting. Defending an NPC protected by a ring of overwatch-ing ballistae, that’s new.

Burroughs got fielded ofc. Esteban is almost base level for me, so all he is good for is chatting to Sophie for the weapon he won’t use. The turn limit means I safely brought Owen as my healer, just in case he hasn’t reached the necessary happiness, plus he can sling a Fire too if it'll help. All bow cavalry for enemies means Kramer and Elbert are obvious choices for this map (yet now I remember that Elbert... isn't the most accurate). Decided to bring Marcel as well, see if I can get any use out of him. Enid came along, not sure if it was the smartest idea (maybe Perceval would be better?). And for the last slot, I picked Faye, she's underleveled at only 11, but accurate and dodgy?

I failed twice. First time the reinforcements to the left caught me off guard. Second time, I discovered Marcel needed more bags to hold more Vulneraries and more shields, once sufficiently amassed after several turns, the cavalry were chewing through him, as tanky as he is -if only shielding gave him some EXP (he's already at 46 in L Shields, but has gained only four levels in all that time). Kramer (almost untouchable) and Marcel held the southern and southeastern chokepoints respectively, Elbert and Enid were put in charge of defending the west with Owen on standby, Faye got the job of finishing off northern and northeastern enemies badly damaged by the ballistae. I realized Esteban could hide through the forests and painlessly reach Sophie that way.

Not a map in Berwick where one can take it real easy. I don't think I'll try again tonight.

Ahhhhh, 2.1K words, and close to finish.

... I still don't feel satisfied with writing fight scenes. Oh well. I think I can upload this tomorrow morning... or perhaps even tonight with some luck!

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J000.png

THAT'S the size of the screenshots? Alright folks, you'll have to squint your eyes for this one.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J001.png

This is like the one game where the community has memed it into oblivion to the point where I, as a first time player, have zero idea what to actually expect. Is this game even real?? Is Sigurd an actual character who dies the funny death?? I have no idea. I feel like I know everything and nothing about this game.

I'll post the rest tomorrow. My eyelids can only take so much more of the bright screen of my laptop.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J002.png

Likewise, is Kaga real???

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J003.png

Oh hold on, wrong game.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J004.png

Oh wow, we're really doing this now huh?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J005.png

Well that was a nice chronology of events that scrolled by way too fast for me to process any of it.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J006.png

I've had enough of Prince Kurths at this point.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J007.png

Now Claudes on the other hand...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J008.png

SIX houses?? That's like double the content of Three Houses!

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J009.png

Kaga took a gander at Austria-Hungary I see.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J010.png

Gandalf.jpg

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J011.png

Oh thank god he's real.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J012.png

I thought that said "Gran Colombia" for a second, I got so excited...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J013.png

...King?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J016.png

Seems highly irresponsible to leave the country largely unprotected to serve a foreign war, the king's been playing too much EU4.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J017.png

Welcome to the 4th entry of a long long series, Sigurd.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J000.png

THAT'S the size of the screenshots? Alright folks, you'll have to squint your eyes for this one.

Looks fine to me. I'm on my laptop, if it means anything.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J001.png

This is like the one game where the community has memed it into oblivion to the point where I, as a first time player, have zero idea what to actually expect. Is this game even real?? Is Sigurd an actual character who dies the funny death?? I have no idea. I feel like I know everything and nothing about this game.

Memed to oblivion sounds right. Then again, I saw SF's own FE4Thread in its heyday... even if the game was only relevant like... 30% of the time...? I forgot.

Do we know he's not?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J003.png

Oh hold on, wrong game.

If I recall, the little demo sequences the game show gain additional scenes the more playthroughs you finish. They tend to depict certain in-game events, specially some of the battle ones, though other scenes seem more their own thing.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J004.png

Oh wow, we're really doing this now huh?

Well that was a nice chronology of events that scrolled by way too fast for me to process any of it.

*insert Hyperborea Somebody I Used To Know Megalith Agnus Dei song mashup here*

Makes more nice references in the future.

Kurth
Naga

Leading to Tellius' Kurthnaga

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J007.png

Now Claudes on the other hand...

No upside down here, though.

Double the Houses, double the fun!

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J009.png

Kaga took a gander at Austria-Hungary I see.

Kaga actually revealed in an interview which country was inspired from. Agustria is France, however.

I thought that said "Gran Colombia" for a second, I got so excited...

Well, at least you weren't mistaking Colombia for Columbia...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J013.png

...King?

I'm pretty sure someone tried to make that mod.

Seems highly irresponsible to leave the country largely unprotected to serve a foreign war, the king's been playing too much EU4.

As per that same interview, the game works on a more macro-scale than your typical FE. So "hardly anybody" is still meant to be like... some hundreds, maybe a thousand or two. So pretend Sigurd represent like a 500-man retinue or something...

We will watch your career with great interest. - iFunny Brazil

12 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Aegina can be quite silly. I recall when I first started trying to adjust her, I gave her +2 magic and she ended up completely overpowered.
Felt too strong with +1 magic as well. So I just ended up leaving her magic as is, and simply gave her a free Spirit Brace to hold her over until the Blessed Brace in chapter 5.

Buffed her wind base and growth, though. Definitely feels like they are too low for Aegina and Perceval.
I am quite happy with the way she is now.

The nature of wind magic means Aegina benefits much more than most from a single point of power. I can totally see how buffing her bases at all would make her dramatically stronger.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Desert & dragons is done. The random sword-guarding-dragon-in-a-cave received two doses of Leia, because I don't see much else that could've cracked through that. At least the game was nice enough to make sure it can't immediately OHKO whoever happens to discover it, and gives you the option of passing on the nice sword.

Checked out the last optional map, it looks interesting. Defending an NPC protected by a ring of overwatch-ing ballistae, that’s new.

Burroughs got fielded ofc. Esteban is almost base level for me, so all he is good for is chatting to Sophie for the weapon he won’t use. The turn limit means I safely brought Owen as my healer, just in case he hasn’t reached the necessary happiness, plus he can sling a Fire too if it'll help. All bow cavalry for enemies means Kramer and Elbert are obvious choices for this map (yet now I remember that Elbert... isn't the most accurate). Decided to bring Marcel as well, see if I can get any use out of him. Enid came along, not sure if it was the smartest idea (maybe Perceval would be better?). And for the last slot, I picked Faye, she's underleveled at only 11, but accurate and dodgy?

I failed twice. First time the reinforcements to the left caught me off guard. Second time, I discovered Marcel needed more bags to hold more Vulneraries and more shields, once sufficiently amassed after several turns, the cavalry were chewing through him, as tanky as he is -if only shielding gave him some EXP (he's already at 46 in L Shields, but has gained only four levels in all that time). Kramer (almost untouchable) and Marcel held the southern and southeastern chokepoints respectively, Elbert and Enid were put in charge of defending the west with Owen on standby, Faye got the job of finishing off northern and northeastern enemies badly damaged by the ballistae. I realized Esteban could hide through the forests and painlessly reach Sophie that way.

Not a map in Berwick where one can take it real easy. I don't think I'll try again tonight.

You know the really funny thing about this map? If Esteban's character arc hasn't been followed, Sophie isn't there, Luveil isn't there, the black knight isn't there and the map becomes a lot easier.

Thanks a lot, Estie.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

THAT'S the size of the screenshots? Alright folks, you'll have to squint your eyes for this one

The really funny ones are the GBA screenshots. Those things are half the size of that.

I dunno, pal. The only proof we have of his existence is that a certain s_kaga is still making games to this day.

Look at all those routes! Little known fact, the game does have six routes, it's just they're all entirely identical. You can really tell this game is Houses's source of inspiration!

Welcome to the 4th entry of a long long series, Sigurd

To be fair, Oifey won't join the field of battle. He's just Sigurd's advisor-man. That he hardly listens to.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I usually just run. It is an escape map, after all.

Although if you do that, Thor will chase you onto the surface after a few turns.

The 200 IQ play is to sneak into the cave, pull out the sword and leave, then wait until Thor shows up and clears the map for you. He is a yellow unit, so they go at each other.
Funny thing is that the wyvern will actually kill themselves taking out Thor. Because Thor's scale deals recoil damage against 0 range attacks. And those wyvern are not only vulnerable to electricity, they also use multi-hit breath attacks.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know the really funny thing about this map? If Esteban's character arc hasn't been followed, Sophie isn't there, Luveil isn't there, the black knight isn't there and the map becomes a lot easier.

Thanks a lot, Estie.

He really is a next level Est. Not only requires a lot of work, but also makes maps actively harder.

Edit:
On an unrelated note, I did not know comic Yoda was this savage. Who needs the force anyway?
Yodakick.jpg

Edited by BrightBow

38 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The 200 IQ play is to sneak into the cave, pull out the sword and leave, then wait until Thor shows up and clears the map for you. He is a yellow unit, so they go at each other.
Funny thing is that the wyvern will actually kill themselves taking out Thor. Because Thor's scale deals recoil damage against 0 range attacks. And those wyvern are not only vulnerable to electricity, they also use multi-hit breath attacks.

That's incredible. I have to try that some run.

39 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

He really is a next level Est. Not only requires a lot of work, but also makes maps actively harder.

Pursuit is a fun meme, at least. I ruined my minimum ranks run for Pursuit. Fun!

39 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Edit:
On an unrelated note, I did not know comic Yoda was this savage. Who needs the force anyway?
Yodakick.jpg

This Yoda would definitely not take Vals's shit.

Yeah, this really does scroll by way faster than it should.

They are completely different characters, you see Tellius had Prince Kurthnaga, and this here is Prince Kurth with the Holy Blood of Naga in his veins.

Congratulations, you have now proved it with science that is game is two times better than Three Houses.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J010.png

Gandalf.jpg

Yeah his is the funny name. I think there is even a Mario (or was it Luigi) in the Arena...

But the computer never breaks a non-aggression pact...

Ah don't worry, baby Jeigan over here wont be fighting along side Sigurd, he will instead be the brilliant 14 year old tactical advisor.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Congratulations, you have now proved it with science that is game is two times better than Three Houses.

It has twice the routes. Everyone knows you can't replay a game unless it tells you you're on a different route. Even if it's identical for 75% of the runtime.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah his is the funny name. I think there is even a Mario (or was it Luigi) in the Arena...

It was Loogi. I don't remember what class he was or what he did because I turned off my brain whenever it came time to arena in this game. Think he might've been a baron?

Man, the lengths Tianna goes through to cheer up the world's most depressed, jaded and cynical blue haired girl.

Well, "has other people go through", as the case may be. But still.

Edited by BrightBow

I can't believe Heugoe left Hrist so low that her HP bar was empty, but she still survived to shank Gwendal, but then Gwendal blocked all of her swings and I won anyway. What a rollercoaster.

Well, it's been a hundred years but I finally got my hands on the truthade. I'd held off on going through most of the profiles before, I wanted to get there myself first. The fact that behind the anime pretty boy design and the flattering angle Valmur was hiding a baldspot. Poor guy.

Insane the amount of detail they put into this mode for the no doubt very small subset of players that will actually sit down and play it over and over, when even the game keeps telling you you're dumb for doing it.

21 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Man, the lengths Tianna goes through to cheer up the world's most depressed, jaded and cynical blue haired girl.

Well, "has other people go through", as the case may be. But still.

We got some nice piano notes out of it, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Such a poetic way with words. XD

what else do you call something that holds you in place, stops you from doing what you want and chains you to a system?

A Prison. It's no better than a Prison. Every vacation i remember that.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

what else do you call something that holds you in place, stops you from doing what you want and chains you to a system?

A Prison. It's no better than a Prison. Every vacation i remember that.

No, that's totally valid. I could just really "feel" what you were getting at, in a poetic manner, was all.

Xenoblade 2 has alot of wasted Aux Cores that are way too redundant. Things such as Fire Def I-V are not needed, all you need is one and the rest can be different effects. Time to change that. XD