Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

IMG20240129193422.jpg?ex=65cadb9c&is=65b

Once again a reminder that the arepa+chicha combo is the peak of culinary achievement 🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪

This is not helping my weight loss in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Still some Genealogy Spoilers in this here box.

Spoiler

"If the player seizes Ulster Castle before having Arthur recruit her, she will still appear in Seliph's army. However, the game will render her as if she were still an enemy, and she cannot be controlled"

This is what both of us were thinking then. It doesn't sound intentional though, looks like it was intended that Tine joins you regardless of if you killed Ishtore or not.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Hell, lets go to 1981 and get Carter to win.

Not even that, just put a round in Reagan's head before he has a chance to run for President.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

GC might've not showed it much, but Ral is a big secondary character in the MSG anime. After Char, one of Amuro's toughest foes. Since THIS IS NO ZAKU, BOY, NO ZAKU. After Garma's death, Ral basically spends quite some time pursuing the White Base, and even got to board it.

He also has the distinction of being the Blue Giant to Char's Red Comet. He had his own blue painted Zaku I, thus leading to the blue Gouf. Ral would basically have custom blue mechs, basically. Well, in spin-off games when he gets to pilot more than just the Gouf.

Supplemental material, which would then be actually shown in The Origin, had his father be the one who rescued Char and Sayla, back when they were Casval and Artesia, from the Zabis shortly after Zeon Daikum's death.

Thank you!😀

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I just realized that Heroes has been around for seven years now and people still can't spell Alfonse's name right. It's like how most people think Fates's third route is called "Revelations".

I prepher the "ph" spelling. Looks sleeker that way. -And it's the one I encountered phirst (Prince Alphonse Zona Meridia, phrom Arc Rise Fantasia).

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well, I didn't mean that it wasn't sad or anything.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm guessing the writers wanted Jin to die at some point and thought "eh, better late than never" when 3 was made to be the last game. It probably would've happened more "naturally" if the series wasn't cut down.

It was still a pretty good scene though.

I...

Spoiler

...might not have exactly liked it if Jin had died pre-ending. It'd be a little jarring going through a game and suddenly losing at him in the last minutes. Just as it was losing Elly in XG.

We don't know when Margulis would've died into an uncompromised version of Xenosaga. Yet Margulis & Pelligri are Jin's personal villains, he can't die before them. (MOMO aside (well, she kinda shares Albedo with Jr., for Episode I and at least part of II), I do like that everyone in XS has a personal villain.) And as the leader of U-TIC, I don't see Margulis dying until the later half of the last episode, regardless of whether Xenosaga was cut or uncut. Jin's death would've then had to have come late.

TIL that the Black Getter also appeared in Alpha 2 and 3.

That's... wild, since it's 70's anime Getter Team using this thing.

From my understanding, after Alpha Gaiden the original Getter Robo was turned into the Black Getter as an upgrade. Though it's still outclassed by Getter G and Shin Getter, oh well.

I think I'm finally happy with where Enid is.

Lowering her magic base to 0 while increasing her growth to 50 should narrow the window for the all important 5th point of magic so that it's between level 9 and level 13.
I also lowered the Mage Knight's magic base to 1, so she gets less magic on the class change. Sure, 50% magic is a lot, but considering she also loses 3 points overall, I think it works out well enough. I had it at 0 for a while, but I think 1 works better.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is a cute way to hint at this standard fantasy setting being a future one instead

I like how the legend goes that the suit gives people the power to work 24 hours a day. How fucked up was the workplace situation by the time society as we know it ended in this universe?

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This game is going on a list of games I will get around to playing...

Hope you enjoy when you do pick it up!

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

They're releasing January 31st, don't ask why it's taking a few more days than usual. I too was looking forward to seeing who placed last.

They're keeping me specifically in suspense.

That's because all the characters in the art were drawn by Izuka in Heroes. FEH's anniversary pictures are frequently used to commemorate the respective artists' previous characters, so those three were left out because they were drawn by different artists.

Oh, I see.

The helmet dude is Surtr, the villain of Heroes's second book. He has a beard and likes committing atrocities because he can, so perhaps you would like him.

Probably, if he wasn't in the gacha.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG20240129193422.jpg?ex=65cadb9c&is=65b

Once again a reminder that the arepa+chicha combo is the peak of culinary achievement 🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪🇻🇪

This is not helping my weight loss in the slightest.

I'll say, looks tinier than I'd expected from American portions. In fact, that hardly looks filling at all, did you already eat most of it before taking the picture?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll say, looks tinier than I'd expected from American portions. In fact, that hardly looks filling at all, did you already eat most of it before taking the picture?

This is fairly standard for household arepas. America, Venezuela, Spain, don't matter. If someone's making it in the home, it'll look like that give or take what's actually inside it (chicken/meat fillings will obviously make it look bulkier).

Go to a restaurant though?

6-arepas-on-wooden-board-with-healthy-fi

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is fairly standard for household arepas. America, Venezuela, Spain, don't matter. If someone's making it in the home, it'll look like that give or take what's actually inside it (chicken/meat fillings will obviously make it look bulkier).

Go to a restaurant though?

I meant the quantity of arepas. Had you already eaten a few before taking the picture or did you just have those two tiny things for dinner? Or was it the photo making them look smaller than they are?

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I meant the quantity of arepas. Had you already eaten a few before taking the picture or did you just have those two tiny things for dinner? Or was it the photo making them look smaller than they are?

I think the photo is making them look smaller but two is pretty average. If it's a really massive one I'd only eat one.

Eating three arepas is too much tbh.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Gimme MAlear + Veyle and i might bite

But can Male Alear or Veyle love you more than this waifu can?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the photo is making them look smaller but two is pretty average. If it's a really massive one I'd only eat one.

Eating three arepas is too much tbh.

Hmm. Fair. I'll admit, I have a big stomach lol

14 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

But can make Alear or Veyle love you like this waifu can?

Lay off the bottle Wraith, it's too early.

I was getting a bit of a random itch to play FE5. I went into the Lil' Manster discord to ascertain a few things.

They have a KagaSaga channel and now I'm being convinced to play Berwick instead. Eh...

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They have a KagaSaga channel and now I'm being convinced to play Berwick instead. Eh...

I mean.....do you need convincing to play Berwick for the nth time?

Then again you haven't played it this year yet lol.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean.....do you need convincing to play Berwick for the nth time?

Then again you haven't played it this year yet lol.

Pretty sure I've been playing Berwick at least once a year since I discovered it. Last run was Minimum Ranks last year.

Wonder how I could spice things up this run. Might be time to tackle the dreaded Maximum Ranks. Or another Ironman. Max deaths for the funny axe is something else I should do at some point, but I like my pretties too much except Faramir, and Faramir alone doesn't pay the Königswolfe bills.

@Acacia Sgt Got back to GC after a four day break. Spent over half my 2.3 million funds making some upgrades to what I've decided on will be my final team.

Episode 40

Spoiler
  • Opening was relatively short, the Earth Federation fleet, though badly damaged by the Moon trap, is still going to attack A Baoa Qu.
  • There is concern about wrapping things up quick, Amuro is afraid of another alien attack. There is uncertainty if the Seal of Grados will weaken over time, and Lalah shares Amuro's worry, yet says they'll win the upcoming battle.
    • Keep in mind, Fairey and Akimi had a private conversation right after the Cusco battle, about the possibility of the Extradimensional Union using Gadisword's C.U.B.E. to pass through the Seal, as Julia said the Seal is C.U.B.E. powered and Akimi's mech can be used to bypass it. -Amuro doesn't probably know this right now.
  • Scene shifts to the Dragonar heroes and NPCs, Linda doesn't want to speak with her brother right now, he and the Practice Squad are prisoners on the White Base now.
  • Scene then shifts to Quattro alone with Meio, attempting to persuade him as mentioned in the prior dialogue. 
    • Quattro lets Meio know who he is, and the two good old comrades from earlier in GC talk amicably together. Quattro explains that the heroes group aren't like the rest of the Federation. Quattro is also concerned about the future of Zeon and Giganos once the Federation inevitably wins the current war. Quattro doesn't trust the Feds and wants Meio to be part of Giganos's future Marshall Meio and Supreme Commander Char, sounds like the closest of space leaders, if only Dragonar had more material to work with.
    • Meio says he might reach Char's conclusions, but he needs time, and he can't bring himself to fight his fellow citizens of Giganos. So he doesn't join yet.
  • On the battlefield, Zeon annihilates the Federation forces approaching A Baoa Qu. Gihren concludes they lack critical mass and are attacking in waves. The White Base arrives accompanied by two NPC Salamis Kais with three GMs each. Gihren returns his current forces and sends out Haman's group (Haman, Rakan, Puru Two, Rommel, mix of MSG and ZZ generic troops).
  • A turn or two in, Gihren receives intel from Hamon that the White Base is indeed in this current assault, and that Hamon is on her way. Gihren is also told Dorchenov is presently gathering their forces on the Moon. The patricidal supremacist realizes his usurper ally is being fashionably late to the battle.
    • Hamon shows up with the Black Tri-Stars and a sizable army like two turns after this. She says/does nothing notable. Gihren also deploys in a Gwazine with three Apsalus IIs and three Apsalus IIIs.
  • Not handicapping my army to Gundam-theme it, this battle is fairly easy.
    • I capture the two Elmeths, one of the Ap IIs, and all three Ap IIIs. The Elmeths can become EN Chips, and the Ap IIIs can be converted into Solar Panels.
    • The Ap IIIs only have a Head so they're easy to capture, and they look to be about the best things you can capture for Gundam series non-Newtype pilots. Although the NT-1 Alex, Hyaku Shiki, and ZZ (if you don't mind kicking Judau out) are probably all better and available for way longer. 
      • Speaking of the ZZ as an aside, its lack of Newtype weaponry is... understandable. Waverider Crash wasn't intentional I assume, just something Kamille forced out of the Zeta. And I don't imagine the Federation was going to experiment in weaponry only a tiny handful of soldiers could use just yet, even if some organizations did. Still, Judau being stated in his bio page as one powerful Newtype, but having not even Funnels to physically weaponize that mind power, is slightly off. Psycommu weapons are the tip of the iceberg though, it's the Hit & Evade bonuses that make Newtype powerful in SRW.
    • I used Valor'ed Dancoukogaken to destroy both Haman's and Gihren's Gwazines, since they both retreat at 30% of 37500 HP and have nice drops. Quattro sadly had no unique dialogue with either of them.
  • After I destroy all the enemies, staying on the battlefield, Gihren is shown giving orders to his soldiers. Divide the Zeon army and send some reserves to fight the Federation main fleet approaching elsewhere. Gihren claims the Federation fleet is severely lacking for experience when some of his soldiers question his judgement. For man who is a politician before a warrior, Gihren is able to recognize the real threat is the White Base before them.
  • The scene shifts to inside Gihren's Gwazine.
    • Gihren assuming nothing, Haman then walks in.
    • Haman has a message from Kycilia- patricide can't be forgiven. Gihren calls it an accident. It appears Haman is going to carry out the judgement Kycilia could not.
    • Haman then reveals she has a bomb of hydrogen-cyanide, Gihren thinks she is bluffing and stays cool. He then asks what what the point to doing Kycilia's will would be.
    • Haman states after killing Gihren she'll install and puppet Mineva to herself rule Zeon. She claims explains a new era that he does not understand is now (the Age of Newtypes I guess?).
    • The sound of a gun is heard, but I'm not sure if Haman shot the cyanide or if she personally shot Gihren, and then the cyanide bomb went off to kill those who witnessed this coup. Either way, Char misses out on the last damnable Zabi.
    • Talking to Rakan, Haman says everything went as planned, asks him to shoot the engine block, he does.
  • Returning to the battlefield, the Zeon-Giganos forces see Rakan's hit on Gihren's Gwazine. A couple GMs then show up in the northeast corner of the map. Haman deploys in her Qubeley right after and destroys the GMs.
    • Haman's thoughts reveal she stole the GMs. They weren't actually Federation forces, I guess they were unmanned or something. The Zeon-Giganos grunts are wowed by Haman's strength.
    • Haman then reveals that Gihren's flagship was sunk by enemy, he has died in battle. Yet she says Zeon will not lose!
    • Thus, Haman via some mid-battle deception rallies Zeon under her leadership.
  • Light, using Dragonar-3 to listen to enemy transmissions, reports this unbelievable news to Bright. They choose to believe it, and while the enemy goes to reorganize themselves as appears to be the case, the heroes take a moment to wait to see what happens now, and reorganize should the battle continue.
  • Attention shifts to Giganos. Dorchenov speaks with the Don Jem Squad like he knew of Haman's plans, he doesn't see her as a real threat. Kill Haman later (if the Feddies don't) and the harmless Mineva will be all that's left. Zeon-Giganos will be theirs' to rule alone, all they need to do now is show up as the cavalry that saves the day for Zeon-Giganos.

Post-battle twist was unexpected. Good. Though I pity the Pink Lady, gonna be the shortest-ruling regent ever. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lay off the bottle Wraith, it's too early.

I can get as womped as I drunkabe. 

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

• Keep in mind, Fairey and Akimi had a private conversation right after the Cusco battle, about the possibility of the Extradimensional Union using Gadisword's C.U.B.E. to pass through the Seal, as Julia said the Seal is C.U.B.E. powered and Akimi's mech can be used to bypass it. -Amuro doesn't probably know this right now.

That's definitely foreshadowing, yep.

• Scene then shifts to Quattro alone with Meio, attempting to persuade him as mentioned in the prior dialogue. 
    • Quattro lets Meio know who he is, and the two good old comrades from earlier in GC talk amicably together. Quattro explains that the heroes group aren't like the rest of the Federation. Quattro is also concerned about the future of Zeon and Giganos once the Federation inevitably wins the current war. Quattro doesn't trust the Feds and wants Meio to be part of Giganos's future Marshall Meio and Supreme Commander Char, sounds like the closest of space leaders, if only Dragonar had more material to work with.
    • Meio says he might reach Char's conclusions, but he needs time, and he can't bring himself to fight his fellow citizens of Giganos. So he doesn't join yet.

"Now let me teach you about moving asteroids..."

• Speaking of the ZZ as an aside, its lack of Newtype weaponry is... understandable. Waverider Crash wasn't intentional I assume, just something Kamille forced out of the Zeta. And I don't imagine the Federation was going to experiment in weaponry only a tiny handful of soldiers could use just yet, even if some organizations did. Still, Judau being stated in his bio page as one powerful Newtype, but having not even Funnels to physically weaponize that mind power, is slightly off. Psycommu weapons are the tip of the iceberg though, it's the Hit & Evade bonuses that make Newtype powerful in SRW.

Yeah, Waverider Crash is just the thing he did against Scirocco turned into a regular attack. Well, in a way, the Federation is wary of Newtypes, even friendly ones. Amuro was kept more or less on house arrest between MSG and Zeta, after all.

Post-battle twist was unexpected. Good. Though I pity the Pink Lady, gonna be the shortest-ruling regent ever. 

I agree, that's quite the fascinating story development.

You've likely noticed, but GC skips the Titans. They never get formed, and its members seemingly don't show up either. So MSG story bridges itself directly to ZZ's.

@Armagon

I can't believe Minecraft turned out to be the next Godzilla game.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I...

Xenosaga spoilers

Spoiler

We don't know enough about the original version of Xenosaga's plot to say anything for certain, but it (and potentially Margulis's death, if applicable) could've happened at the end of Episode 5 or something like that. That way you wouldn't lose him "mid-game" but rather you would have to go through the final game without him.

Talking about this is rather complicated, since Episode 2 is actually the second half of what Episode 1 was supposed to be. Trails did the same thing actually, but Trails could afford to add games to the main plot. At least for Xenogears we know what Episodes 2 through 4 were supposed to be about.