Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

With the enemy routed, the team finally departs to space to open the dimensional rift. Okita addresses everyone over this, but also says the group needs a new name.

So yeah, this being 40 scenarios in, only now we finally doing this. Default name is Earth Fleet Tenku. With nine battleships, we do be a fleet.

Now in space, everyone is ready. To journey across not just worlds, but also 336 thousand light years. To Iscandar. To save all three worlds! But then a Gamillas fleet shows up. Goer is still set in wiping off the party. Okita still orders to fire the WMG anyway. But then, a joint Federation-NeoZeon fleet shows up and starts attacking the Gamillas. Oh, Frontal is leading the fleet. I guess he's not coming after all. The Yamato fires the WMG, the Shin Getter Dragon directs the trayectory with the Getter Rays, the Nadesico initiates Boson Jump... and they're off!

Somewhere out there, Gardim is aware... and the order is given to head to the Large Magellanic Cloud. Their time to act is now, it seems.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So, three DLC stages opened up. I'll do them tomorrow. Phew, so much to go through today.

Some last bits. If not obtained in the Secret Scenario, Scenario 40 is where Bonta-kun would be obtained otherwise. Though without its strongest attack, I believe. It certainly comes with one weapon less if obtained here.

Also, I noticed I can switch up Velt and Lottie. Considering their stat spread and the like, Velt still operates best in the Huckebein and Lottie in the Grungust... but the option is there, at least.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20240224222538-1.jpg20240224222050-1.jpg

Good tastes?😛

20240224213746-1.jpg20240224213756-1.jpg

Hellooooo there yourself, Young Man in a Literal Dream.

20240224213931-1.jpg

Talking, in a dream, about dreams, and butterflies Philemon, never getting a name. And yet, insta-rank get.

...So this is how the entire reason this game caught my attention -and purchase- is introduced.🧐 

-Barely played an hour though. This game I read is short, but I don't want to play it a lot at night, nor the game too fast. And ideally in a state of isolation, so I can take it all in, and feel free to smile off any cheesiness without the remotest possibility of catching someone's attention.😆

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For me one game i considered a 10/10 for...before fumbling right at the end. You know what game i am talking about 😛

Even if Falcom had stuck the landing, I think I'd shave off a fraction of a point for length.😜 A few hours too long. If there's somewhere to trim, it'd be something from before reaching the ruins of Eternia, the plot shifts gears at that point. The "surviving on a deserted island" half of the story (which is necessary because not all stories can rush right away into the real core plot) is dragged out in some measure -going off of memory/lasting impression.

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have no problems giving a game a 2 if i think it deserves it lol

2, or 5, does it really matter if either way it means "Do NOT buy!"?🤔 At that point you're rating less for what to buy -which is what most people care about ratings for- and more to define if it has any place in the Kusoge Hall of Fame (which only a few care about).

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes. Bloody hell yes, this is exactly how it'd be based.

Feels like something one could mess with the 12 Crusaders. 632 Jugdral Count is when the Miracle of Darna happens and the year after begins the Crusaders' holy war; 648 is when the Loopy Empire is defeated. 15~16 years of conflict, longer than you'd expect for twelve guys & gals with 30 Mt +20 stat weapons.

Sounds like fangame could run with this. Starting at your home base in Darna, send forth the 12 Crusaders as ye wish and carve your own path for the liberation of all of Jugdral (minus the presumably-untamed Verdane). I'd like to imagine that, like the 12 Apostles after encountering the Holy Spirit (and Paul, Christ), the Crusaders following the Miracle scattered across the world and began slowly evangelizing/building out of nothing new rebel armies everywhere. Yet, we aren't given any specifics of how this happened, so why not gameify it and let the player decide?

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Reclaiming Britannia from these three tumors may be difficult.

Cornwall and London?

Are navies a thing and could you simply rule the waves and isolate the Holy Roman exclaves?

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, in this game, Grungust and Huckebein were developed by NCC Dimension's Nikola Wilhelm Institute. So named after Nikola Tesla and Wilhelm Reicht. Or Leicht, if you will. If you know, you know.

Couldn't be any lazier Banpresto?😝

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and the order is given to head to the Large Magellanic Cloud.

*Flashbacks to Infinite Space*

May I suggest diplomacy with Regeinland? They'll make a trustworthy ally.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Couldn't be any lazier Banpresto?😝

Constants and Variables.

I mean, it's definitely a callback, heh.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Flashbacks to Infinite Space*

May I suggest diplomacy with Regeinland? They'll make a trustworthy ally.

Surely we gonna find stuff out there alright...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

CLRWg2ZjxEhAzqClQrqygW.jpg?ex=65ed418a&i

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Feels like something one could mess with the 12 Crusaders. 632 Jugdral Count is when the Miracle of Darna happens and the year after begins the Crusaders' holy war; 648 is when the Loopy Empire is defeated. 15~16 years of conflict, longer than you'd expect for twelve guys & gals with 30 Mt +20 stat weapons.

Sounds like fangame could run with this. Starting at your home base in Darna, send forth the 12 Crusaders as ye wish and carve your own path for the liberation of all of Jugdral (minus the presumably-untamed Verdane). I'd like to imagine that, like the 12 Apostles after encountering the Holy Spirit (and Paul, Christ), the Crusaders following the Miracle scattered across the world and began slowly evangelizing/building out of nothing new rebel armies everywhere. Yet, we aren't given any specifics of how this happened, so why not gameify it and let the player decide?

This is how they get the Ullr design to be used in a mainline game.

A Warriors spin-off about the Crusaders...

Then mid-way through we get surprise time travel from the Genealogy cast, in order to change the past.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

CLRWg2ZjxEhAzqClQrqygW.jpg?ex=65ed418a&i

Now, jump.😛

Grabbing Mechanical 5 I see. The necessary Tyrant didn't need "rare" to be one thing about it🤨, praise to the Internet.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A Warriors spin-off about the Crusaders...

Then mid-way through we get surprise time travel from the Genealogy cast, in order to change the past.

Boring. Let's jump the Crusaders into the distant future, and have 9 of them begin as captives constantly bled for their pure holy blood, as it has weakened over the ages and the bad guys wish to weaponize vast quantities of the red stuff. Worry not, the Crusaders are all free by the final fight -but the baddies have learned how to make synthetic holy blood so it'll still be an uphill ultimate battle.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cornwall and London?

Are navies a thing and could you simply rule the waves and isolate the Holy Roman exclaves?

Not even a mechanic in the game, you pay money proportional to the size of your army for ships crossing oceans into territory and that's it.

Though truthfully I'm glad about that, focusing on infantry and boats during war sounds like hell.

Either way any forceful attempt to grab those duchies is going to be met with the full force of the HRE plus allies and Holy Orders and whatever Catholic leaders might want to join.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

51NHrzC.png

What a fun world that would be to live in.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

20240224181653_1.jpg?ex=65ed18b4&is=65da

Reclaiming Britannia from these three tumors may be difficult.

Now that is a real nuisance. Your best bet is waiting til the HRE is distracted by some larger war (or somehow arranging for the whole damn place to explode into rebellions and succession crisises, but that is difficult to really pull off from the outside) and hoping you can gobble the thing up while they are all distracted. Also being able to consolidate on your forces on your island, and catch your foes while they are landing might give you edge for whatever larger force the HRE sends to crush you.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

, or 5, does it really matter if either way it means "Do NOT buy!"?🤔 At that point you're rating less for what to buy -which is what most people care about ratings for- and more to define if it has any place in the Kusoge Hall of Fame (which only a few care about).

5 can still have some merits/enjoyment, 2 almost none. There's a difference there

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Story...Fire Emblem lmao

This is much more a compliment when comparing to new age Trails storylines! XD

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Grabbing Mechanical 5 I see.

I forgot this was how you do it lmao.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Anyway finished UO demo

Finish via completing the first arc or finish via time running out?

Btw, i've discovered that some characters have hidden prereqs for recruitment. Remember her (idk if you got to her)

GG_KLZha0AAs6LE?format=jpg&name=large

you need to get her "love points" to +2. During the battle, fulfill two of three:

• Have Alain acknowledge her at the start
  • Have Alain participate in one round of combat
  • Have Alain participate in another round of combat

Doing one or none results in her politely declining the offer to join if you pick it and instead she just leaves, promising not to fight you again. If she comments during the battle, you've done it. Tbf, this is hard to miss in the first place.

Basically what i'm saying is the strat is to have a save at the start of each battle just in case.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Story...Fire Emblem lmao

Here's hoping the other regions have it better.

I've seen talk that the people who aren't concerned aren't because it follows precedent that a Vanillaware game starts off pretty simple and kinda cliche before evolving into something deeper. Which is true, though i do feel the others did still have better starts.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

you need to get her "love points" to +2. During the battle, fulfill two of three:

• Have Alain acknowledge her at the start
  • Have Alain participate in one round of combat
  • Have Alain participate in another round of combat

Doing one or none results in her politely declining the offer to join if you pick it and instead she just leaves, promising not to fight you again. If she comments during the battle, you've done it. Tbf, this is hard to miss in the first place.

Basically what i'm saying is the strat is to have a save at the start of each battle just in case.

Taking a page out of SRW, huh.

0ObTCsd6QhaaUX3e4FNGr9.jpg?ex=65edef3a&i

Elena's new fit goes kinda hard.

Jeans only look good in fiction imma be honest, i hate most of the legwear in this game. For either gender. If it's not part of a character's base outfit, it sucks ass.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Taking a page out of SRW, huh.

Would not surprise me if this inspired them too. Although, Ogre Battle is known for it's incredibly crytpic recruitment methods. Despite Ogre Battle being a main inspiration, the director hates cryptic shit like that so he claims recruitment in this game is straightforward and you can get everyone in one go.

Okay, time to do the DLC stages.

First one, the protagonist sends a video-letter to Tatsu, before the departure to Iscandar. As a thank-you for having took them in when they first found themselves in the AD Dimension. Fun little fact about Tatsu. Despite being an OG character, he doesn't quite feel like one. Or at least, he doesn't to me. Since he's introduced as a retired employee from Sempuji Concern. If the game didn't tell you thanks to its Library, and you weren't familiar with Mightgaine, you'd think he'd be a character from there, not an OG.

In any case, because a battle must be involved somehow, the video includes an introduction to the rest of the team... in the form of a battle simulation. Though despite when this is unlocked, not everyone has what they should have. The opponents are a mix of units: Gardim, Gamillas, Neo Zeon, and Martian Successors. As for the party team, they're all the leads from every entry this game has, all three OG characters, and the Yamato, Ra Cailum, and Nadesico C for battleships. Though some do get to have more than one lead represent (like both Kincade and Tobia for Crossbone Gundam). Well, this is as standard as it can get, so let's go!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

This is much more a compliment when comparing to new age Trails storylines! XD

I don't hold modern Trails to the standards of wether a story is good or not.

Finish via completing the first arc or finish via time running out?

Time running out - sidequested too much xD

Was also playing on expert.

idk if you got to her

Not yet - i got fire sorcerer dude, Yahne and Hammer dude amongst others

ve discovered that some characters have hidden prereqs for recruitment. R

Yh i noticed

Right now i am most curious about Gammel questline - will see where that leads

've seen talk that the people who aren't concerned aren't because it follows precedent that a Vanillaware game starts off pretty simple and kinda cliche before evolving into something deeper. Which is true, though i do feel the others did still have better starts.

Will see - but honestly if the gameplay evolves in the way i am expecting it to evolve (going by how it evolved in the demo itself), i wouldn't care much about the story.

It's like a mix of SRPG  and the RTS games i used to play pre-2012 (before the genre died), so i am optimistic and excited about the whole game 😄

Will say tho - the game would play much better on PC - RTS games are much better play with KBM

Unicorn Overlord's demo is fun, but the freedom you get makes it a bit daunting to decide what to do next. Maybe I'll try to visit Elheim to see if I can actually go there at this point.

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And this is how the game only stops up to the second movie in terms of plot.

Covering the second and third movie in the same game would be pretty complicated, since there's a 14 year time skip between them.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, now more defeated Angels are showing up again. Did Rebuild do this? I know the game isn't using the third movie's plot, but that doesn't mean some elements of it can't show up.

It doesn't, 3.0 doesn't have that much action between the intro and climax now that I think about it. Maybe that's why SRW might not have covered it.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can't believe Shinji of all people now has a harem...

It's not a stretch, he already has complicated relationships with a few female characters (and Kaworu).

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

before the genre died

wydm it's still alive /s

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Will say tho - the game would play much better on PC - RTS games are much better play with KBM

Give Vanillaware more money so they can expand and then make PC ports for once.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe I'll try to visit Elheim to see if I can actually go there at this point.

Won't let you. Saving Scarlett is like the Great Plateau in BotW, you gotta do that first before you can go into the lands beyond.

Finished SMB Wonder. -Well, saw the credits. Special World is likely too much for me.

Easy, though I didn't mind it too much (a few too many freebie Wonder Seeds aside), and give the game an all-ages appeal as one would expect from Mario. Maybe I should've played the game slower and in smaller pieces, but that wasn't me.😅 I say that because, while Wonder tried to shake up an old formula, it did end up feeling formulaic eventually. -But then I guess there are limits to much 2D platforming Mario can deviate and still be 2D platforming Mario.

All in all, some enjoyable lighter gaming it was.

Of course, this wasn't going to be just the mooks. Nine loads up a few boss-units. Like Goer, Full Frontal, Jamie, Baron Ashura, Hokushin, and Embryo. She did so accidentally... due to sneezing. A'ight.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Covering the second and third movie in the same game would be pretty complicated, since there's a 14 year time skip between them.

Yeah, it was going to be inevitable. Though that's not to say SRW hasn't actually deal with this before.

The Z2 duology, for instance. Z 2-1 uses both Gurren Lagann and Getter Robo Armageddon. Both have their stories begin before their years-long timeskips. So what does SRW does? It has both casts and stuff end up trapped in some kind of... energy field or something, that engulfs part of the world. By Z 2-2 the field has disappeared... and viola, everyone is now their post timeskip selves to now continue their plots, while for everyone else it was a much shorter amount of time.

Still, what V does is a more organic way than how, say, L did. In L, Kaworu just tells Gendo how the Angels just... peace out and won't keep coming. So I think they don't even reach the end of the second movie. The plot just... stops.

It doesn't, 3.0 doesn't have that much action between the intro and climax now that I think about it. Maybe that's why SRW might not have covered it.

Even if not, SRW can handle it fine, no problem. As it is, the main issue is the time skip, and the state of the world.

Rebuild's third movie has only showed up in Z 3-2, and V. V, as I mentioned, only uses the mechs (which I think is just Unit-13 at the end of the day).

The Z3 duology, however, actually did had the plot of the third movie... offscreen.

Basically, Z 3-1 adds Rebuild to the Zverse, and has the first movie and most of the second happen there. Then Z 3-2 rolls by, and the end of the second movie happens almost right at the beginning. And in that time, Third Impact does end up happening. However, the heroes end up warped out of there (I think Rebuild is happening in its own world? It's hard to say with Zverse considering how much world hopping and world merging happens in there). Game continues on, and many chapters later... a portal opens and the EVA pilots come out of it... and are all after the events of the third movie. So yeah, offscreen.

It's not a stretch, he already has complicated relationships with a few female characters (and Kaworu).

Complicated is an understatement, pft. But yeah, and since this is the more idealistic SRW, we can expect the romcom shenanigans happening once this is all over.

Edited by Acacia Sgt