• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

You're being attacked?

Yeah, looks like these things can snip you from like five miles away.

I did manage to plant the FN point inside the fortress tho (a frame before I was killed instantly).

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, you passed the rite of passage of Etrian Odyssey. Congrats! ^^

Ahhhhh....Not....Quite...

Y'see, I am supposed to map, but I forgot to map. Well, forgot's not quite the right word... I was drawing flowers on the dungeon map with the green paint thing, so the map got all messed up, so now I can't leave...

Whoops...

Are you playing through story mode or are you doing it in classic?

Story mode.

I have severe stomach cramps today that prevent me from focusing at all... *sigh*

Oh dear, that's awful! You probably should see a doctor when you have the time-Sometimes things like this are bigger problems than you realize. (And being able to maybe find a solution helps too.)

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are chapter-exclusive weapons now?

This one is basically just for breaking Barracks. It has 10% hitrate and will reduce basically everyone to -AS. (btw, Shrimpy, you get good stuff from breaking the Barracks, so if you can, DEW IT)

Also, hey! You're at the chapter whose boss is a meme! Nice.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

This one is basically just for breaking Barracks. It has 10% hitrate and will reduce basically everyone to -AS. (btw, Shrimpy, you get good stuff from breaking the Barracks, so if you can, DEW IT)

yeah i just noticed

Time to get destroying XD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah uh, what's the trick to keeping Overdrive going? I think Overdrive's base duration got buffed in Xenoblade 2 (as in, without Affinity Chart buffs) because in X, I can only get like 10 hits in before Overdrive deactivates.

Wearing gear to increase your TP maximum helps, that way you fill it to higher maximum, and after starting Overdrive for 3000 TP, the remainder can reduce the challenge of getting back to 3000 in time for the crucial first OD extension.

If you want to do an easy-out-of-the-box Overdrive, you can swap to Elma. Or, if you want to stick with your Samurai Gunner self, then did you recruit Alexa yet? Her first Affinity Mission gives you a great gift for Overdrive with that class. I'll load my first XCX file and strip Cross to the basics of what you'd have at this point to see if I can make it work, I should. I'll tell you the results afterwards.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I am now eight tries in, and I honestly don't see a way to defeat it with the party I have. My Ronin runs out of TP way too fast (and at this point in the game, you do not have anything to recover it unless you saved the two Amrita you get as a reward from a quest... which I couldn't afford to do), my Hexer can't land Poison reliably to help dealing damage (and even if he does, it deals around 100 at most... and this is WITH the poison damage x2 multiplier), my Medic is too slow to heal (War Magus made this class entirely superfluous, ngl) before the Chimaera can kill someone, and once my Beast dies, the battle is basically over.
And when a boss has over 8,000 HP and my damage output is 250-300 per turn tops (and I am using attacks it is weak to AND a defensive debuff)... yeah...

I probably will lower the difficulty to Picnic, because this is f***ing ridiculous, honestly.
I'm bad at games and I just have to accept that fact. Selectable difficulty exists for a reason.

If you maxed it out, it should deal over 400 damage with the food. 

But, I getcha. If you have to do that to get past it, well I did the same a few days ago. No shame there. I usually ran out of TP in my first Classic and the Story run boss fights too.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201012_123813.jpg

Bro what the fuck

Happens to us all. Zigs could spot you from one of the five(?) moons of Mira. Isn't it nice to have an enemy that isn't almost blind? Their enemy index description says  "These autonomous Ganglion cannons can detect enemies with astounding efficiency". They're radars with weapons.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ahhhhh....Not....Quite...

Y'see, I am supposed to map, but I forgot to map. Well, forgot's not quite the right word... I was drawing flowers on the dungeon map with the green paint thing, so the map got all messed up, so now I can't leave...

Whoops...

That's no problem. You can simply redraw your map.
There are tools to erase stuff you've drawn wrong, so it's no trouble at all!
But avoid the Ragelopes... deer lord, avoid them! Although getting killed by one of these is the rite of passage I was talking about.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Story mode.

Ah, nice!
I know the story party quite well, so if you need help with skills and such, I'd be willing to offer!

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh dear, that's awful! You probably should see a doctor when you have the time-Sometimes things like this are bigger problems than you realize. (And being able to maybe find a solution helps too.)

It's probably a psychological thing, because this always happens when I get stressed out.
Thank you for your concern, though! ^^

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you maxed it out, it should deal over 400 damage with the food.

Ah.
That's my problem, then. I focused on maxing Curb Attack Up first and then focused some points into the debuff curses (which are very useful in conjunction with Hit Taker... at least against FOEs and common mooks). Resting it is, then!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, if you want to stick with your Samurai Gunner self, then did you recruit Alexa yet?

I haven't yet. I was doing quests and exploring so I could reach Lv.20 and do Hope's first Affinity Mission. Mainly as an excuse to visit Cauldros.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's probably a psychological thing, because this always happens when I get stressed out.

It could be an ulcer-Stress can cause those.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's no problem. You can simply redraw your map.
There are tools to erase stuff you've drawn wrong, so it's no trouble at all!

Well yeah, but I messed it up so much that...

Well, I'll probably just have to re-explore the whole thing.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I know the story party quite well, so if you need help with skills and such, I'd be willing to offer!

Thanks! I have no doubts that I'll die. A lot. I was already made into Venison by a deer, so...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

It could be an ulcer-Stress can cause those.

That may very well be the case.
I hope it's not, but judging by how much it hurts...

Well yeah, but I messed it up so much that...

Well, I'll probably just have to re-explore the whole thing.

That gets you EXP and items, so it's not a huge loss, really.

Thanks! I have no doubts that I'll die. A lot. I was already made into Venison by a deer, so...

The thing with FOEs (like the Ragelope) is that they all follow a certain pattern. Just pay attention to how they move around and to your environment; you should be able to dodge them rather easily if you do that.
Another thing with FOEs is that you should never challenge them when you get to a floor/Stratum the first time. They will hydrate their lawns with your tearducts if you do!
You can see how strong an FOE is in relation to you on the lower screen, as their icons are surrounded by a colored circle:
Red means stay the heck away.
Yellow means you COULD try to fight them, but don't expect to win unless you know what you're doing.
Blue means you can challenge them, but you still need to be somewhat careful.

Also, that scene where Arianna says how delicious those deer things look pretty much cemented her as my favorite character in this game. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The thing with FOEs (like the Ragelope) is that they all follow a certain pattern. Just pay attention to how they move around and to your environment; you should be able to dodge them rather easily if you do that.

Yep-I accidentally moved back instead of forwards, though. Whoops.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That gets you EXP and items, so it's not a huge loss, really.

As long as I don't run out of items...

Yep-I accidentally moved back instead of forwards, though. Whoops.

"I input the wrong command, F.O.E.!!!"

As long as I don't run out of items...

You shouldn't need too many. The enemies on the first floor (with the exception of the Crawlers) aren't that strong, I don't think.

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh, almost forgot!
@Benice Have you distributed your skill points yet?
I don't want to tell you how to play the game, of course, but I nonetheless suggest to give Flavio at least one point into the "Natural Instinct" skill. It will make your life one heck of a lot easier once quests that ask you to pick/chop/mine certain items come into play!

Edited by DragonFlames