• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

There are shops where the old chapters were?? Was it always this way and I failed to notice?? And I even have a paralogue despite not having any S supports... Lucian confirmed? xD

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You can. Very soon, in fact. By way of map shops.

EDIT: Oh wait. I might be remembering wrong.

No you’re not, because I just noticed them (assuming you mean when I go to where an old chapter was and I can now buy stuff)

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

There are shops where the old chapters were?? Was it always this way and I failed to notice?? And I even have a paralogue despite not having any S supports... Lucian confirmed? xD

No you’re not, because I just noticed them (assuming you mean when I go to where an old chapter was and I can now buy stuff)

As you may soon see, not every paralogue relates to that. Also, word of advice. When you play that paralogue, ensure a certain someone in there levels up at least once.

It's only after Chapter 4 when the map fully unlocks with stuff like that. Not every shop sells the same stuff, so start keeping track.

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

And I even have a paralogue despite not having any S supports... Lucian confirmed? xD

Oh, that Paralogue! Yeah, do that one as soon as you can.
You get some useful stuff from it, but be careful, because the enemies there can get nasty if you're not prepared!

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, that Paralogue! Yeah, do that one as soon as you can.
You get some useful stuff from it, but be careful, because the enemies there can get nasty if you're not prepared!

In the thing you quoted, the name was supposed to be Lucina btw. Hecking autocorrect.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As you may soon see, not every paralogue relates to that. Also, word of advice. When you play that paralogue, ensure a certain someone in there levels up at least once.

Chrom..?

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have just voted, very nice!

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Luck is on my side. That's for sure.

To quote a great man: "Hey, luck is at least half skill!"

Finished Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker’s Septentrione story. My lenses on it have changed a little, but I still very much enjoyed going through it again.

I intend to take a little break from the game for now, but I do want to play through it again soon on NG+. I want to go for my favorite ending, I forget a lot of its interactions and want to experience them again.

After that, I’d take another break and try the brand new Triangulum story. It'll be real easy if I don't limit myself to account for NG+, but, as much of a "gameplay over story/characters" person I am, I will be going into it mostly for plot and interactions. And after that, I’d eventually get to going Sept-Tri-Sept-Tri-Sept to see all eight endings for completionism’s sake.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

In other news, deciding on pairings is hard... I don’t know if I should just grab supports based off of who I think might be good or Google them and risk character spoilers... hmmm

Technically, everyone not-Robin has two faster opposite-sex support options, you could interpret these as "canon", but it's a very very weak "canon". For Lissa, her fastest male is Vaike, followed by Frederick. For Chrom, Sumia, followed by both Sully and Maribelle.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Add this to the "severely underrated battle themes" pile.

Fun fact, the composer himself provided the vocals for this song.

Yeah, it's boss. Sounds like it'd be perfect for a day on the Skell job, particularly with flight, but I'm not sure why I think that.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thank you!

đź‘Ť

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For Chrom, Sumia, followed by both Sully and Maribelle.

However, there is a weird thing here where if Chrome doesn't have a C-Support with any of his options and he's paired up with Olivia through the entirety of Ch.11, then Chrome will instantly S-Support Olivia. So technically, you could argue that Chrom's Supports with Olivia builds the fastest.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, it's boss. Sounds like it'd be perfect for a day on the Skell job, particularly with flight, but I'm not sure why I think that.

Yeah it definitely does feel like it could be a flight theme. I can see that.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Technically, everyone not-Robin has two faster opposite-sex support options, you could interpret these as "canon", but it's a very very weak "canon". For Lissa, her fastest male is Vaike, followed by Frederick. For Chrom, Sumia, followed by both Sully and Maribelle.

That fanfic I mentioned earlier? That's basically how I'm handling the pairings question. And what I'd default to for any other situation where it merits it.

Honestly, I don't mind the existence of hard canon. Leaving things so open ended just asks for having narrative dead ends because you don't want to step on anyone's toes.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

đź‘Ť

However, there is a weird thing here where if Chrome doesn't have a C-Support with any of his options and he's paired up with Olivia through the entirety of Ch.11, then Chrome will instantly S-Support Olivia. So technically, you could argue that Chrom's Supports with Olivia builds the fastest.

Yeah it definitely does feel like it could be a flight theme. I can see that.

Makes you wonder why they bothered having Olivia join where she did. Would be simpler to have her join earlier and just let you build up the supports normally.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A character named Donnel. It'll tell you this.

Oh the mozu of this game! Yeah I know who that is, unit wise he’s Mozu. Design wise too!

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey I was doing Chrom x Sumia and Lissa x Frederick! I was planning on pairing Vaike and Miriel though.

Should I be listening to the fast supports and do those?? The fact that IS did that feels like a slap in the face, I don’t feel like they’re something to ignore...

Edited by Sooks1016

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Hey I was doing Chrom x Sumia and Lissa x Frederick! I was planning on pairing Vaike and Miriel though.

Should I be listening to the fast supports and do those?? The fact that IS did that feels like a slap in the face, I don’t feel like they’re something to ignore...

Do what you want, Awakening is leaving the door all open for you. At most, it means it takes 1 less fight to hit S support. Because up to 3 points can be earned per battle for a pairing and it takes 14 points for a "fast" pairing to reach S, compared to 18 for any other.

Nothing here is anywhere near as implied as say LewynxErinys, aka the FE4 pairing where Erinys can die the turn she's recruited, be resurrected in Chapter 4, and one turn later have a conversation with Lewyn that gives her exactly the number of love points to hit marriage with him. 

17 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Other than ChromxSumia, no other pairing in Awakening is really said to be "pushed by IS", even taking the support growths into account. So don't feel so constrained by them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Other than ChromxSumia, no other pairing in Awakening is really said to be "pushed by IS", even taking the support growths into account. So don't feel so constrained by them.

Are all of these fast support growths with characters who already know each other?

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Well there goes my one excuse in my head...

Well, not really entirely unrealistic if two strangers quickly hit it off. If that's your worry.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I haven't played Awakening but best pairing Cherche/Virion. Dew it.

Well that does free up Sully for Virion...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, not really entirely unrealistic if two strangers quickly hit it off. If that's your worry.

It’s not that I care about realism, it was me trying to come up with a reason in my head as to why some pairs build supports faster than others other than those being canon.

If I did all of those fast pairings though what unit (from either gen) would be left for male Robin anyway? 🤔

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

If I did all of those fast pairings though what unit (from either gen) would be left for male Robin anyway? 🤔

A few, actually. Out of the whole lot, there are few characters that can only pair up with Robin (gender permitted). At your point, you've yet to recruit any, but there are.

Basically, with one logical exception, no player character can't hook up with Robin, one way or another.