Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was about to say that.

Release date was 8-12-2006. So it precedes Tempest by 14 days, but is placed after it. Odd. Even odder, reading the description of the game, I have no idea why they put three girls when seems like it's actually just one??? Maybe to rep all three entries at once. If thats the case, it makes things more boring, triplets would be exotic.

Reading the gameplay description, it doesn't sound half-bad, a customizable avatar and your own choice of class using Tales (Abyss-era) gameplay? If the execution ain't horrible, I'd considering emulating it one day.

Not quite.

They're clones. Each one appears in a different game of the trilogy. They have a sort of interconnected story deal going on there.

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not quite.

They're clones. Each one appears in a different game of the trilogy. They have a sort of interconnected story deal going on there.

I'm reading that now, Pasca Kanonno, Kanonno Earhart, Kanonno Grassvalley. Thats a way of approaching things I hadn't considered before, though it is basically the LoZ approach in a sense.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

In any case, I guess since the Radiant Mythology games employ avatar-esque protagonist, it's the Kanonnos who are the face of the games, hence why they're in the picture.

Still, if they were going to add them in, I don't see why not add Dio, Mel, Fulein, Julio, Caro, Rio, and/or Rene. They're actual main protagonists from the same sort of spin-off sub-series Radiant Mythology belongs to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, I've been working on Mario Galaxy 1 in small play sessions since I've never beaten the game before, and am now in the last stretch of it.

I don't know why I enjoyed playing the parts I did when I was younger, but there are issues that keep cropping up and affecting my enjoyment of it now.

Namely, the camera. 64's camera had its limits, but it influenced the gameplay far less often for me personally than Galaxy's camera does. I can't count how many times I've been completely disoriented by moving around when the camera is doing its own thing. Or even killed myself because the camera moved at the wrong time and I fell into a black hole. I know the Galaxy games were designed with that kind of camera in mind, but 2 did it way better than 1 ever did, imo. I think the problem stems from trying to blend the galaxies' stage design with such a restrictive camera, given that Galaxy was the first game to try something like that. But maybe I'm just weird and the only person who's ever had a problem with it.

Either way, this is pretty much my 3D Mario ranking as of now, given my time with Galaxy 1. I can say that the boss battles have been quite a bit of fun though, so that hasn't hurt every aspect of the game for me.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Only the most minor issues? *cries in jump rope*

Isn't there this weird one where you have to stare at the sun and a taxi comes and brings you a moon?

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Only the most minor issues? *cries in jump rope*

beach volleyball intensifies

Just now, Benice said:

Isn't there this weird one where you have to stare at the sun and a taxi comes and brings you a moon?

You have to use one of the telescopes to look through the sky for it, but yeah. Although it's honestly not that hard, IIRC.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

qMecl9i.png

Uh...

I think the emulator might be glitching out on you there. xD

Also, if you want to clear this fast: pair Robin with Chrom and have Chrom equip the Silver Sword. It should one round the boss.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the emulator might be glitching out on you there. xD

Turning on Enemy ranges fixed it?

Also, if you want to clear this fast: pair Robin with Chrom and have Chrom equip the Silver Sword. It one rounds the boss.

Pfft! Forgot about Pair-up.

Just now, Benice said:

Turning on Enemy ranges fixed it?

Oh, neat!

Just now, Benice said:

Pfft! Forgot about Pair-up.

Hehe, it happens!
This is only an introductory map, anyway, but I still thought to give you that tip, just in case!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is only an introductory map, anyway, but I still thought to give you that tip, just in case!

Thank you!

MUFbbhw.png

F

At least you got Magic, I guess?

If I manage to make Robin, the best unit in FE, bad... Wow. I will be proud of myself.

cM4tVce.png

Nice.

If I manage to make Robin, the best unit in FE, bad... Wow. I will be proud of myself.

It would fit, certainly!
Seeing as how you usually like to use bad units and all! xD

cM4tVce.png

Nice.

Stamp3.png

This is the best early Chrom level up I've seen yet! Nice!

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Judging by the bases, I assume it's Speed boon and Luck bane.

Dang, you're good. I should have gone magic boon and speed bane, though. For the lolz.

Though tbh, this level-up isn't THAT terrible. Some more bulk is always good, I think!

I guess, but seeing as his luck will be low, he'll be susceptible to crits...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dang, you're good. I should have gone magic boon and speed bane, though. For the lolz.

Hehe, thanks!
Although I have put over 2,000 hours into this game, so I should know at least that much. xD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess, but seeing as his luck will be low, he'll be susceptible to crits...

Not AS much, actually. Speed boon actually gives you a bit of Luck, too. I think it's +2 to your cap. And Luck bane is -3 to your cap, if I remember right, so you're at -1 Luck in total.
Can't say much for the growth rates, but they should look somewhat similar, with only a small decrease from the base growth rate in total.

Edited by DragonFlames

Not AS much, actually. Speed boon actually gives you a bit of Luck, too. I think it's +2 to your cap. And Luck bane is -3 to your cap, if I remember right, so you're at -1 Luck in total.
Can't say much for the growth rates, but they should look somewhat similar, with only a small decrease from the base in total.

Ah, I see.

Also, do I need to check enemy skills?

EDIT: WHAT THE HECK I JUST FOUND A LANCE THAT GIVES ME 50 AVOID IF THE ENMY HAS A LANCE

Edited by Benice

Okay, I looked it up just now, @Benice
With Speed boon and Luck bane, this is the growths you'll be looking at (assuming Tactician as a class):

HP: 80%
Str: 50%
Mag: 45%
Skl: 55%
Spd: 65%
Lck: 50%
Def: 40%
Res: 30%

As you can see, your Luck growth is still pretty good. It's just the base that takes a real hit from your bane.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

beach volleyball intensifies

You had trouble with that?

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

qMecl9i.png

Uh...

Rip your emulator

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, if you want to clear this fast: pair Robin with Chrom and have Chrom equip the Silver Sword. It should one round the boss.

Depending on bane/boon? Or maybe on normal? That didn’t work for me.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

cM4tVce.png

Nice.

Making Robin bad isn’t really that hard since he’s “balanced”.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

iHNOQIQ.png

Case and point. The Robin experience.