Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, I looked it up just now, @Benice
With Speed boon and Luck bane, this is the growths you'll be looking at (assuming Tactician as a class):

HP: 80%
Str: 50%
Mag: 45%
Skl: 55%
Spd: 65%
Lck: 50%
Def: 40%
Res: 30%

As you can see, your Luck growth is still pretty good. It's just the base that takes a real hit from your bane.

Ah, thank you! Inb4 I end up spd/str/mag screwed.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Depending on bane/boon? Or maybe on normal? That didn’t work for me.

Of course you'll need Chrom to attack him with the Silver Sword.
Or did that not work and I got you all wrong?

Just now, Benice said:

Ah, thank you! Inb4 I end up spd/str/mag screwed.

No trouble at all! Glad to be of assistance!
And... let's hope that won't happen! XD

[Reads the Chrom/Frederick C support] I think Frederick secretly hates his job.

Also, I like how Frederick hasn't yet seen combat and he's still been the MVP in both maps thus far.

Alright, got busy in CK2. With my next character, I launched an Invasion CB for de jure Arabia. I took advantage the dynasty in charge was busy in a Decadence revolt... fortunately, I had enough time to win. Hah! Mecca and Medina are under MY control. Not long after the Shia Calpih declared Jihad for Arabia. All of his... 4k troops. Needless to say, it was a short lived one. Now, the Pope has called forth for the third (if we count the Children's Crusade as the first) Crusade, target the last Romuva holdouts in de jure Vladimir.

But that will be for another time...

On the home front, I usurped the Arabia kingdom title. The appointed King is now taking advantage of it. Apparently, despite having enacted illegal for vassals to declare war, the Arabia kingdom doesn't have that, and it doesn't change. So despite being under the Hispania laws, the Arabian King can still bypass it. Well, good for me. He already took a chunk of the Sultanate in Yemen.

And at long last, I got the requirements to enact Absolute Cognatic succession. The perks of authoritarian progressiveness.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ok i think i've explored enough of Planet Mira to make a full Xenoblade areas tierlist. Previously, i put the Xenoblade X areas at the top but unordered because even though i knew visually that it was kino, i hadn't actually explored them yet. But now i have.

xenoblade-areas-4012-1603680712.png?widt

Oblivia and Cauldros are tied honestly, i love how they blended wilderness with ruins of ancient supercivilizations.

Also Makna isn't a town either but i feel the same way i do with Eryth Sea.

I left out two very blatantly spoilery areas so this tierlist could be spoiler-free.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Or even killed myself because the camera moved at the wrong time and I fell into a black hole. I know the Galaxy games were designed with that kind of camera in mind, but 2 did it way better than 1 ever did, imo. I think the problem stems from trying to blend the galaxies' stage design with such a restrictive camera, given that Galaxy was the first game to try something like that. But maybe I'm just weird and the only person who's ever had a problem with it.

Yeah that's definitely a you problem because i didn't have any problems with the camera. Actually, this is the first time i'm hearing anyone having problems with Galaxy's camera.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just got to chapter 2 of Berwick Saga and it's pretty fun so far! The low stat standard makes it so power scaling isnt blown up like standard FE.

Yay! Are you planning to use Ruby?

6S4TpcU.png

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFF

FFFFFFF

FFF

FFF

I RESET A WHOLE CHAPTER FOR THIS GUY WHY

Well, I know he's gonna be a mainstay of my team.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do I bring out Super F again?

Not yet. Someone will get a blank level up at some point.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oblivia and Cauldros are tied honestly, i love how they blended wilderness with ruins of ancient supercivilizations.

Huh, I would've thought Sylvalum and Noctilum would top things, Cauldros is a little small and dense. I can see your point though, and it's nice to see unexpected but pleasant preferences.

How will X2 make you feel about it, if therein lay an explanation of all the ruins? -You don't need to answer this.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

6S4TpcU.png

With all the zesty personalities of Awakening, leave it to Mild Man to mildly improve. 

Cavalier!Stahl should have 400% in total growths. So I'd guess you could interpret that to mean 4 stat points per level is "average". 400% in growths adding together personal and class growths is pretty normal for Awakening. Miriel as a Troubadour, 375, is as low as it goes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

LOL, when I played Awakening for the first time I considered it as the "black sheep" in Fire Emblem as I considered Zestiria as the "black sheep" in Tales. Latter is still applying in my eyes. Fire Emblem does not really have a black sheep in their series. Revelation might come to its closest due to its weird map design, at least unfitting to a roundbased tactical game

Anyways only one more day till the wretched fairy tale finally can be continued. However I don't think I will play Cold Steel IV before upcoming weekend due to the lack to time. Since it has become dark earlier due to time change, my gaming time after work is even more restricted.

Speaking of time change, I'm still living one hour behind. It's 4:25 AM, but it feels like 5:25 AM for me, the time I get usually up. Unfortunately I can't start with work one hour earlier, so I will have to pass out this (unnecessary) extra hour.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Huh, I would've thought Sylvalum and Noctilum would top things,

Only reason Noctilum is at the bottom (of that specific tier) is because, while i don't mind it a whole lot, i do find it's entrance to be a little bit too closed in and the area doesn't really open up until you cross the bridge. It does work though, it is a jungle continent. 

That being said, Noctilum is tied with Oblivia and Cauldros for best day theme in the game. Although with only six major areas, there's not really much of a competition haha.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How will X2 make you feel about it, if therein lay an explanation of all the ruins?

I'd love it and i definitely do feel like X2 will dive into forgotten Miran history. 

I think what's really interesting though is how the only places that have these ruins are Cauldros and Oblivia. Extremely hostile environments, not ideal for building your country. You'd think you'd find ruins in Primordia, Noctilum or Sylvalum but there aren't any. Maybe the current state of Cauldros and Oblivia are the consequences of whatever these civilizations were. 

Here's another tierlist:

finished games 2020

• S - Persona 5 Royal
  • A - Trails of Azure, Xenoblade Chronicles, Tokyo Xanadu Ex, Trails to Zero, Atelier Ryza, Sakura Wars
  • B - Trails of Cold Steel III, Super Mario 64, Kirby Superstar
  • C - Super Smash Bros Ultimate (story mode)
Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well heck, Stahl just got killed by a 9% crit.

That actually happened to me, in the first chapter Frederick got hit by a 5% crit. It had no might though.

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

6S4TpcU.png

That’s the power of Stahl 😛

But you’ll probably like that. In my game Sully wrecks everything sooo

I WANT to use Stahl but I don’t think I’ll ever have a set “team” but instead I really am just alternating through everyone to get S supports. So my endgame team will probably just be a bunch of child units, although Sully is promoted, I accidentally got her to level 20.

Edited by Sooks1016

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Once again I'm writing my stories at night... I really need to change that...

Oof.

Just wondering, do the pair-up attacks use 1rn or 2rn?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oof.

Just wondering, do the pair-up attacks use 1rn or 2rn?

It's not too bad. Except if I stall myself from reaching the point I consider it satisfied. In most cases, it's finishing up a single chapter. If it can be called that when they're barely 500-1000 words long.

Awakening only ever uses 2RN for rolling if attacks hit or miss.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Awakening only ever uses 2RN for rolling if attacks hit or miss.

That is good to know! Does that include the chance of the attack occuring?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's not too bad. Except if I stall myself from reaching the point I consider it satisfied. In most cases, it's finishing up a single chapter. If it can be called that when they're barely 500-1000 words long.

I can relate. Back when I was writing about 15 pages a day in my book...Well, my days being extended contributed to that.

Edited by Benice

Although sometimes, what I write isn't really divided into chapters, or they aren't so short in words. So at that point I just... end up choosing a stopping point at random. Mostly when I realize just how late it is, haha.

And on that subject, I still need to finish this one 'less than 1000 words' chapter I'm writing...