Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Shit, I'm not sure if I can ever stop playing Berwick Saga at this rate.

I mean I’ve played through Three Houses (my favorite fe & my favorite game) 12 times so...

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I mean I’ve played through Three Houses (my favorite fe & my favorite game) 12 times so...

Yeah, but that game has like no strategy and is just about how easy it is for units to hit important benchmarks as a Wyvern.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, but that game has like no strategy and is just about how easy it is for units to hit important benchmarks as a Wyvern.

I would disagree, thanks to swordmasters and assassins being fast enough that doubling them is nigh impossible. And that's on Hard mode.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Reminder that the FE kaga was working on before he left IS has Ike as MC

So yeah, Kaga notes. Not really stealing, considering the only thing Tellius and Berwick share are similiar character names and designs

Stole wasnt the best wording, but considering their lawsuit against him, I find the similarities kinda convenient. 

Quite a few skills are the same in RD, which is after Berwick Saga. 

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've played through Awakening 4-5 times this year myself. It's easy to do when you enjoy a game enough.

This year?? Dang.

22 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Uh... how can you be a strategy game and not have... strategy? I mean I don’t make everyone a wyvern but I suppose that’s unrelated.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Stole wasnt the best wording, but considering their lawsuit against him, I find the similarities kinda convenient. 

Quite a few skills are the same in RD, which is after Berwick Saga. 

Considering the little stunt they tried when trademarking "Pegasus Knight", I'd say... maybe yep...?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Uh... how can you be a strategy game and not have... strategy? I mean I don’t make everyone a wyvern but I suppose that’s unrelated.

Don't ask me. Ask someone who actually calls Three Houses a strategy game.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

This year?? Dang.

I didn't get into FE as a series until January, actually. Since new game releases that interest me have been so few, I've been able to play quite a bit of the series throughout the year.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I didn't get into FE as a series until January, actually. Since new game releases that interest me have been so few, I've been able to play quite a bit of the series throughout the year.

Oh.

That moment when someone who got into the series months after you did has played more games in it than you have

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Dunno. It would have to be Sacred Stones level easy for that, as I see it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201028_195917.jpg

Thanks to Roy's preempted debut in Melee and meeting Marth, Eliwood came to learn all about the fate of main protagonists' fathers dying in something battle related. You think it's a coincidence he got sick he couldn't even fight a bandit boss just before the game begins? Think again!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sorry about causing a big fight earlier, everyone. I'm not at my best right now, so I'm gonna try to talk less around here so I cause fewer problems.

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not that I've played them all but I feel like it was all mostly balanced. If there's a source on this, let me know.

Looks like what I heard on Fogu was somewhat mistaken, rereading what I read and how others interpreted the remarks, I found the likely source. A 2013 interview with Yasuhiro Wada, the producer of most games in the Bokujo Monogatari franchise from the SNES original (1996) up to and including Animal Parade in 2008.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/34710/interview-with-harvest-moon-creator-yasuhiro-wada

Yasuhiro Wada (YW): "In Harvest Moon, there are three key elements. There are crops; there are animals; there are people. As the series moved on, there was so much focus on marriage. It was almost like getting married in the game was the goal of the game.

But I wanted that focus to go back to where it started. The human relationship is not just about marriage. It's about man and man, father and son, etc. I wanted to have so many varieties of human relationship in Hometown Story instead of just getting married.

Although you can get married, it is just one part of the game."

So it wasn't so much "not enough farming" and more just "too much marriage". Understandable, one of the things about rural communities IRL is that it's more possible to know all your neighbors and bond with them, so wanting to replicate that in a game makes sense. City neighborhoods can have close communities too don't get me wrong, but anonymity is much greater there, by virtue of the much greater populations. Marriage can happen in any setting more readily.

Wada still makes a few games, though nothing of major significance since his departure, Little Dragons Cafe his latest game has a 7 average on MetaCritic.

(Also according to comments on Fogu, most of the original SoS team had left by Animal Parade, which isn't unsurprising after more than a decade. How many of Monolith's crew have worked from Xenogears to XC2?)

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sorry about causing a big fight earlier, everyone. I'm not at my best right now, so I'm gonna try to talk less around here so I cause fewer problems.

You're not a problem here, but if you feel you need a break from social media for a bit, or for forever, go ahead. It can be consuming and exhaustive. Have a good life regardless!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Chapter 17 is very scary when most of your units are under leveled. Maybe this no grinding, focus on S supports thing was a bad idea...

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

What fight?

Edited by Sooks1016

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

I honestly didn't think the conversation earlier was a fight. A heated discussion, maybe. But no worries either way.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

“I do so enjoy inappropriate touching...” -Excellus, a random one off (presumably), fe awakneing

Fun fact, Excellus's voice actor is also the guy who voiced Marth (or Mars) in the FE anime.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fun fact, Excellus's voice actor is also the guy who voiced Marth (or Mars) in the FE anime.

So that line was Caeda’s idea...

All of the above.

Also I

moved Lissa off of the stairs for... no reason? And that turn an ambush that killed her spawned. I really have no idea why I did that.

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Gotta say, as far as voices for Marth went, I like Hikaru Midorikawa as his VA.

Edited by Acacia Sgt