• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Didn't mean to start a war about how RD copied Berwick. I just dont think all the things that are similar/the same are coincidences is all. 

If the RNG weren't shit, I'd say Berwick tops most FE games easily. Sitting there with 6 units trying to hit 1 fucking enemy is absurd. That's with around 70% hitrates, Xd.

That's just too annoying, IMO. Other than that, the game is amazing so far.

Balance as expected is pretty bad (shocking, right?)

Map themes are superb, which isnt a surprise at all. 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you mean Excellus himself is a one-off and not the quote, you'd be wrong. 

700?cb=20151222202606

Thanks Tokyo Mirage Sessions!

The power of dead images strikes again!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So it wasn't so much "not enough farming" and more just "too much marriage". Understandable, one of the things about rural communities IRL is that it's more possible to know all your neighbors and bond with them, so wanting to replicate that in a game makes sense. City neighborhoods can have close communities too don't get me wrong, but anonymity is much greater there, by virtue of the much greater populations. Marriage can happen in any setting more readily.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that most of the time, the only people to get married are you and the bachelor(ette) you chose.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If the RNG weren't shit, I'd say Berwick tops most FE games easily. Sitting there with 6 units trying to hit 1 fucking enemy is absurd. That's with around 70% hitrates, Xd.

This wouldn't be as bad if units still got EXP out of it.

Although I will say it does feel like Berwick is too player focused. Player focused SRPGs are a good thing but what I mean is that Berwick focuses on each unit's individual actions rather than the whole squad so a lot of 101 strats that are universally applicable anywhere don't apply to Berwick because of the turn order. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you, I personally feel that traditional turn order is vastly superior.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gotta say, as far as voices for Marth went, I like Hikaru Midorikawa as his VA.

Yeah, I agree. 

Although I do like Yuri Lowenthal as his English VA. His delivery and voice fit the character well, imho.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, that makes more sense. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that most of the time, the only people to get married are you and the bachelor(ette) you chose.

Sounds ironic, considering it wasn't uncommon in the early games to have the rivals marry.

Heck, HM64 even allowed them to have kids of their own!

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds ironic, considering it wasn't uncommon in the early games to have the rivals marry.

Heck, HM64 even allowed them to have kids of their own!

And it's something I hope they bring back.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And it's something I hope they bring back.

It's certainly something that's used VERY rarely. Like, I can only think of HM64 and RF2 as the only times they allowed the other couples have children.

good morning!

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In spoilers, if anybody cares to avoid feeling terrible.

So Kaga is into mindbreak hmmm

I just finished rewatching Pacific Rim. Awesome movie, a shame they never made any sequels.

wasn't a sequel announced @Armagon ?

Edited by Shrimperor

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This got even censored in the Japanese version of Shadow Dragon, to wit.

Huh, guess 8-4 didn't make the change after all

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wasn't a sequel announced @Armagon ?

Shh, don't remind him I guess (I.... hadn't seen it yet)

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Didn't mean to start a war about how RD copied Berwick. I just dont think all the things that are similar/the same are coincidences is all. 

It's all right. I also didn't mean to start a fight yesterday when I said I hate Fates's designs, and yet...

That's just too annoying, IMO. Other than that, the game is amazing so far.

Well, that's fair enough. Glad you're liking the game in spite of the RNG's shenanigans!

Balance as expected is pretty bad (shocking, right?)

I disagree with this. Just about every unit has a niche of their own, and the only two units I'd call legit bad are an obvious joke unit with plot justification for why he's so bad (Derrick) and a challenge unit that was made intentionally bad to expedite a different unit's recruitment (Ruby). Everyone else has some sort of unique abilities to them.

Still, it is true that there are a few units who are obviously "better" than others. Nobody is unusable, though. Even Derrick can get some things done in certain maps.

Map themes are superb, which isnt a surprise at all. 

And you haven't even gotten to the good ones yet!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's all right. I also didn't mean to start a fight yesterday when I said I hate Fates's designs, and yet...

Well, that's fair enough. Glad you're liking the game in spite of the RNG's shenanigans!

I disagree with this. Just about every unit has a niche of their own, and the only two units I'd call legit bad are an obvious joke unit with plot justification for why he's so bad (Derrick) and a challenge unit that was made intentionally bad to expedite a different unit's recruitment (Ruby). Everyone else has some sort of unique abilities to them.

Still, it is true that there are a few units who are obviously "better" than others. Nobody is unusable, though. Even Derrick can get some things done in certain maps.

And you haven't even gotten to the good ones yet!

We all had something to apologise for, then!

That's more of a personal issue than a game flaw, TBH. 

Well, the unit balance might not be bad, but the weapon balance? God it's awful. I find myself wanting to use the same few weapons all the time, since certain weapons suck. Like what do the pitchforks do?

Yeah, the music is just great.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

This wouldn't be as bad if units still got EXP out of it.

Although I will say it does feel like Berwick is too player focused. Player focused SRPGs are a good thing but what I mean is that Berwick focuses on each unit's individual actions rather than the whole squad so a lot of 101 strats that are universally applicable anywhere don't apply to Berwick because of the turn order. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you, I personally feel that traditional turn order is vastly superior.

Well a strategy can totally fuck up because you failed to kill one guy with 10 different units, wasting slot of turns. 

I like their counter system personally. Along with all the nerfs to follow ups. They are busted the in FE style, IMO.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's more of a personal issue than a game flaw, TBH. 

Yeah, I understand.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, the unit balance might not be bad, but the weapon balance? God it's awful. I find myself wanting to use the same few weapons all the time, since certain weapons suck. Like what do the pitchforks do?

Ohhhh...

Yeah, not gonna lie, early on weapons kinda suck. You get better gear as the game goes, but well, equipment is the reason Sherlock looks so awful at first.

As for pitchforks... They're mostly there so lowly brigands don't run around with military issue spears. So yeah, it's just for flavor. To be honest, I'm not sure why Adel can use them. The gore fork is legit good, but the rest are just... why?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I like their counter system personally. Along with all the nerfs to follow ups. They are busted the in FE style, IMO.

I agree with this. Surprising, I know.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhhh...

Yeah, not gonna lie, early on weapons kinda suck. You get better gear as the game goes, but well, equipment is the reason Sherlock looks so awful at first.

As for pitchforks... They're mostly there so lowly brigands don't run around with military issue spears. So yeah, it's just for flavor. To be honest, I'm not sure why Adel can use them. The gore fork is legit good, but the rest are just... why?

I agree with this. Surprising, I know.

Like, to me its like Longsword<------everything else. High power, good accuracy, decent weight, fair durability. No early game weapon that isnt rapier compares. Not counting prfs, of course.

Another OP weapon IMO is the axe with high accuracy. Dean+ that+ desperation =100% accuracy, which is a godsend.

Yeah, I also like the units that take 0 get to counter still, gives defence another niche to fill. 

Quick question, what's the beat way to raise unit happiness?