• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Norne.

...For no reason whatsoever. Norne.

I wouldn't even be opposed to that.
I used Norne in Shadow Dragon once, and she was pretty good.

If Norne does become the MVP of my LP, I'll change my profile picture to a picture of her.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

If Norne does become the MVP of my LP, I'll change my profile picture to a picture of her.

I support this plan. But you must still use Belf and/or Leiden. That is my request.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I support this plan. But you must still use Belf and/or Leiden. That is my request.

I will! Don't worry!
Luckily, you have more than three or four slots to deploy people!

Maybe either one of those two will become MVP?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Maybe either one of those two will become MVP?

Those two wouldn't surprise me. Forgettable as though they may be (for the uncultured, that is), they're legit great units. Better bases than most of the late prepromotes, and they're not even promoted yet. Leiden is very fast, whereas Belf is strong and sturdy. I like Leiden a bit better, but it's up to you which one to use. Or, y'know, both!

Incidentally, I should say that Belf and Sirius is... Probably the second-best support chain the game, in my opinion. Nothing beats Arran for me, but Belf and Sirius is top notch.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Those two wouldn't surprise me. Forgettable as though they may be (for the uncultured, that is), they're legit great units. Better bases than most of the late prepromotes, and they're not even promoted yet. Leiden is very fast, whereas Belf is strong and sturdy. I like Leiden a bit better, but it's up to you which one to use. Or, y'know, both!

Incidentally, I should say that Belf and Sirius is... Probably the second-best support chain the game, in my opinion. Nothing beats Arran for me, but Belf and Sirius is top notch.

Ah, very nice!
I'll try to use them both. Maybe give each a different class depending on what I need (or not; depends, honestly).

So that makes

• Marth
  • Kris
  • Arran (for the support)
  • Yubello
  • Belf
  • Leiden
  • Sirius (for the support)
  • Norne
  • one or more healers
  • maybe one or two Pegasus Sisters (I do want to use either Palla or Catria, because I liked them both in Echoes)

Yeah, looks solid, I'd say.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So that makes

• Marth
  • Kris
  • Yubello
  • Belf
  • Leiden
  • Norne
  • one or more healers
  • maybe one or two Pegasus Sisters (I do want to use either Palla or Catria, because I liked them both in Echoes)

Yeah, looks solid, I'd say.

Not bad. Palla is one of the best units in the game, so that sounds like a good idea. If you need space, I'm fine with you booting either Leiden or Belf. Just use one of them, and I'll be happy. I want my jacket bros to get some love.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wouldn't even be opposed to that.
I used Norne in Shadow Dragon once, and she was pretty good.

Watch it be Luna

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not bad. Palla is one of the best units in the game, so that sounds like a good idea. If you need space, I'm fine with you booting either Leiden or Belf. Just use one of them, and I'll be happy. I want my jacket bros to get some love.

I'll try to make room for them both. Honestly, even if I feel like using them both as Cavaliers (I think they start out as these?) is redundant (although that's a pitfall, I know), there's still reclassing, so... I can definitely justify bringing both of them, especially if they're both good units (if they were bad units, I would consider maybe giving one the boot should the playthrough go south at any point, but if you say they're good, then I have no reason to believe otherwise).

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Watch it be Luna

Might be. Kris is pretty freaking good as a unit.
But at the rate this has been going so far, I'm pretty sure someone else has a good chance to take that spot.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Watch it be Luna

That'd be the boring outcome.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll try to make room for them both. Honestly, even if I feel like using them both as Cavaliers (I think they start out as these?) is redundant (although that's a pitfall, I know), there's still reclassing, so... I can definitely justify bringing both of them.

Leiden makes a fine swordmaster, with his huge speed. So yeah, that's always a possibility!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Leiden makes a fine swordmaster, with his huge speed. So yeah, that's always a possibility!

Great!
I do like the Swordmaster class, so that sounds like a pretty good idea.

I just find it hilarious that Leiden's name means "to suffer (or suffering, if used as a noun)" in German.
Which is exactly what he will bring upon his enemies.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Palla reclassed into cav is absolutely fantastic.

Now that would truly be redundant. XD

Jokes aside, I'd rather keep the flier utility, though, especially since your only other options that early on are Arran to Dracoknight, fem!Kris (maybe) and Catria (at least as far as I can remember). Did I miss anyone?

But yeah, I can definitely see that.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I just find it hilarious that Leiden's name means "to suffer (or suffering, if used as a noun)" in German.

That makes his death quote kinda hilarious. It goes: "I, Leiden... leave this world... with no regrets...". I always found it a bit weird that he says his own name like that... But it seems like he was actually just saying that he was in pain. In German, for no reason whatsoever.

That makes his death quote kinda hilarious. It goes: "I, Leiden... leave this world... with no regrets...". I always found it a bit weird that he says his own name like that... But it seems like he was actually just saying that he was in pain. In German, for no reason whatsoever.

XD

Not to ruin the joke, but I think saying "I, [your name]" in Japanese used to be a way to refer to yourself in a humble manner; for example, if you wanted to offer your services to someone as a warrior/guardian/etc. I think I heard something about that, at any rate.
He'd be saying "Kono Leiden..." in the Japanese script if I'm right.
Someone with more expertise on this: feel free to correct me, though.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

XD

Not to ruin the joke, but I think saying "I, [your name]" in Japanese used to be a way to refer to yourself in a humble manner; for example, if you wanted to offer your services to someone as a warrior/guardian/etc. I think I heard something about that, at any rate.
He'd be saying "Kono Leiden..." in the Japanese script if I'm right.
Someone with more expertise on this: feel free to correct me, though.

All this talk about Leiden has gotten me thinking...

If FE12 were a more modern FE, with S-Supports and all, would he get Leiden?

I'm sorry, I needed to get that out of my system.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Yes! Owain is awesome.
Sad that they threw everything that wasn't about his Chuunibyo out the window when they brought him back as Odin.

Yeah. Same with Severa. Selena just didn't have the same punch as Severa did, imo.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah. Same with Severa. Selena just didn't have the same punch as Severa did, imo.

Yep.
I wrote this on another threat some time ago, but Selena is a witch with a capital B compared to Severa with a severe case of "I'M BETTER THAN YOU!!!".
They basically threw out her "dere" and turned the "tsun" up to ridiculous levels.

This is why I consider the Awakening trio in Fates severely inferior versions to their Awakening selves.
That, and the bootlicking they give the Royals... just like everyone else in that game.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes! Owain is awesome.
Sad that they threw everything that wasn't about his Chuunibyo out the window when they brought him back as Odin.

I don’t even know what that word means!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is why I consider the Awakening trio in Fates severely inferior versions to their Awakening selves.
That, and the bootlicking they give the Royals... just like everyone else in that game.

I mean... Odin is a cooler name.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I don’t even know what that word means!

Here ya go!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūnibyō

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I mean... Odin is a cooler name.

That is true.
I mean, it's the same name as the Norse version of Zeus, so...
way too cool for him, tbf.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, Severa and Selena have like no differences apart from Selena not having mommy issues.

And this exactly where Selena fails: The context of why she is the way she is is just gone.
Also, she comes across as a lot more arrogant to me. And I maintain: her softer side shows itself a LOT less than it did in Awakening (but you can correct me on this, I didn't have the nerve of patience to go through all of her supports in Fates... on account of me absolutely despising that game and nearly everything about it).

And yet, she still manages to be more likeable than about 50% of the rest of the cast in that game.

Edited by DragonFlames