Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Berwick Chapter 5 is god awful. 15 turn defend chapter... yeesh.

Yo, I love this chapter! Realy tough, but it reminds me of Elincia's Gambit.

You'll definitely wanna be aggressive here, and Kramer is very good here.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ch5 is cool. Not really that hard unless you going for full tactics rank, for which you need to kill the boss by turn 10.

It's the next few chapters that i call "the wait simulator phase"

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's the next few chapters that i call "the wait simulator phase"

Well, ch.6 and 8, at least. Ch. 7 and 9 are ones where you've gotta go.

Xstenb8h o

Smbodfvi o

I mean, E speed, but I'm just happy that I made it at all.

So... My retrospective on FE12 Lunatic.

The map design was excellent. The solution always presented itself in a natural way, and I almost never felt like I had to cheese maps to get through.

Well... "almost" never. Chapters 6x, 20 and Final were kinda bad, not gonna lie. 6x was a RNGfest to beat the map fast before it could get out of hand, 20 required that I cheesed the reinforcements because that's way too many paladins, and Final... Well, let's just say, I can't see myself beating it without the 3 rescue charges and 3 again charges I had left.

Beyond those three maps, however, it was all great fun. Very satisfying FE experience. Quite tough, but fair (for the most part) and rewarding.

One thing I'd like to point out is that it was far, far easier to use bad units than I thought it would be. I've always heard that 80% of FE12's cast becomes completely unusable in the higher difficulties. And, hey, obviously I would probably have had an easier time if I stuck to the meta team. But "completely unusable"? Not quite true, as I believe my team proves in flying colors.

Then again, Yubello did turn into the strongest unit I've ever had in all my years as a FE player, somehow. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close. I've no words to describe it. He's just... Wow.

Godspeed, Yubello. I'm going to miss you every time I play FE from here on.

The main team, if anybody's curious:

Spoiler
Ub0dsqzo o

Bare minimum Marth for Lunatic. I know, he has three capped stats. That's still just barely enough for Lunatic Medeus. Two less HP and he would've gotten one-shotted.

R1kezqvb o

Flying Mercurius. Pretty great. I don't know how her defense got so high. I fed her two dracoshields, but still...

Yetwchqt o

Meme sniper.

0n5o2aol o

Jacket/10

9rlcjzaw o

Horseman Matthis has to be the second most unconventional unit of the bunch.

Gxrbaz4d o

One of the few units in my team that isn't a "bad" unit. Great until Hardin. Afterwards she kinda devolved into a worse Leiden.

Skiszd3m o

Avatar. No bulk makes her worse than Yubello.

Onvg2yzf o

Gharnef killer. I know he's top tier, but I like the monocle, so he earned a spot in my otherwise extremely mid-to-low-tier team.

Yaxlgdpo o

Obviously Yubello's kin couldn't possibly be bad. I fed Etzel a bunch of spirit dusts in preparation for the Gharnef fight. Prior to that, their magic was around the same.

Kjwx3wt4 o

Surely this one requires no introduction.

Then there's also Feena and Xane, but their stats don't matter.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

split again in DS2, and I got everyone I wanted (which meant everyone except those not allowed in my route) to Fate level 4 with a few time slots to spare, though it was close. I initiated my favorite route, shaking with joy as I went through it, and then quit the game, I'll redo the route's opening tomorrow because I like it and actually play the route then. I made a separate save file in case I ever wanted to play the route once more.

Unfortunately, I had to skip the optional NG+ Beelzebub battle, I shoulda lifted the fusion level cap, because the level ~60 demons I inherited from the end of my first play aren't strong enough. I also shoulda done a Vit dump on the MC for Anti-Almighty and general durability, that would've let them survive the Lord of the Flies easier, not like I need their damage anymore with those endgame demons OHKOing every enemy team on NG+.

This game sounds interesting. I am interested. What game is this? I googled DS2 and Dark Souls II came up and I’m pretty sure there are no route splits and getting characters and teams but who knows (I also accidentally deleted the first sentence of the part I wanted to quote, oops).

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There’s a dance staff/spell in that game? Sounds broken. Nice.

Then again, Yubello did turn into the strongest unit I've ever had in all my years as a FE player, somehow. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close. I've no words to describe it. He's just... Wow.

Very fitting to become a meme of this chat. What did you do to make him so strong?

Oh also how are you supposed to do Inigo’s paralogue on hard and get him six kills? Wow...

Edited by Sooks1016

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Very fitting to become a meme of this chat. What did you do to make him so strong?

Gave him the growth drop. +10% to all growths, +20% to HP. Also gave him a goddess icon because he had 28 luck as a warrior and it upset me.

Other than that, it was all his hard work and dedication. And murder. Tons of murder.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>349B 

wtf

I'm pretty sure even the Avatar had less.

anyway, grats on finishing 😄

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gave him the growth drop. +10% to all growths, +20% to HP. Also gave him a goddess icon because he had 28 luck as a warrior and it upset me.

Other than that, it was all his hard work and dedication. And murder. Tons of murder.

Either way you finished! So congratulations! But there’s a Reverse Lunatic? What does it mean reverse? Are the maps flipped?

I was going to get an enemy to one hp, perfect for Inigo to kill, and then a pair up attack happened, between units who can’t even support. Dang...

23 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

This game sounds interesting. I am interested. What game is this? I googled DS2 and Dark Souls II came up and I’m pretty sure there are no route splits and getting characters and teams but who knows (I also accidentally deleted the first sentence of the part I wanted to quote, oops).

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker edition (the 3DS port, which adds a new 5 day story on top of the original 7-8 day story of the DS original; the opening posted above is from the DS version, RB's opening movie isn't as good if you ask me).

Basically, it's Shin Megami Tensei's standard turn-based combat, modified to work with an SRPG grid. When Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei was first announced, some people thought that the two Devil Survivor games would be the gameplay basis for it, and you could definitely argue that Devil Survivor is gameplay-wise closer to a more equally SMT and FE crossover than Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is. 

The route splits are because SMT ever since the second game back in 1990, has had them in every mainline title and some but not all spinoffs too. Although unlike Three Houses and Fates where you decide at the very beginning, the route split doesn't happen in SMT until ~90% of the journey is over. You get to weigh your options before you choose a future for the world, whose current state is almost always apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic. 

As for the recruitment, when the time comes to choose a route in Devil Survivor 2, all the characters go their separate ways after almost a week fighting together because of ideological disagreements. Bonding with the other characters until the MC has a Fate level of 4 with them, allows you to persuade them to come back to your side after you defeat them as enemies, barring a special exceptions depending on your route choice.

37 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

But there’s a Reverse Lunatic? What does it mean reverse? Are the maps flipped?

Enemies always attack first on both phases.

I think it is generally considered the greatest challenge in all of FE.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

F.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker edition (the 3DS port, which adds a new 5 day story on top of the original 7-8 day story of the DS original; the opening posted above is from the DS version, RB's opening movie isn't as good if you ask me).

Basically, it's Shin Megami Tensei's standard turn-based combat, modified to work with an SRPG grid. When Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei was first announced, some people thought that the two Devil Survivor games would be the gameplay basis for it, and you could definitely argue that Devil Survivor is gameplay-wise closer to a more equally SMT and FE crossover than Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is. 

The route splits are because SMT ever since the second game back in 1990, has had them in every mainline title and some but not all spinoffs too. Although unlike Three Houses and Fates where you decide at the very beginning, the route split doesn't happen in SMT until ~90% of the journey is over. You get to weigh your options before you choose a future for the world, whose current state is almost always apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic. 

As for the recruitment, when the time comes to choose a route in Devil Survivor 2, all the characters go their separate ways after almost a week fighting together because of ideological disagreements. Bonding with the other characters until the MC has a Fate level of 4 with them, allows you to persuade them to come back to your side after you defeat them as enemies, barring a special exceptions depending on your route choice.

And is starting with this game okay?

Edited by Sooks1016

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

70c0fd589c46d23c7329ea5fc4cb26e07c33206c

I think even I am not insane enough for that.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats on beating Lunatic, @Saint Rubenio!
Hopefully, my Hard Mode playthrough will find similar success.

Thanks! I can only hope your Yubello looks half as good as mine by the end of it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

We shall see!
I can only hope.

I have no doubt! Alrhough there will be a new LP legend born. Maybe the blessed Vyland, maybe The Roger the Paladin, but a star will be born!

21 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

And is starting with this game okay?

The first Devil Survivor (whose enhanced 3DS port adds the subtitle "Overclocked") and Devil Survivor 2 are narratively 100% unrelated. I think I even spotted an advertisement for the first game on the back wall of the subway where DS2 begins. Devil Survivor 2 is also more lighthearted than the first DS, which isn't as dark as mainline SMT is, but the atmosphere is fairly bleak. DS2 doesn't feel as dire and has a fair bit of humor interspersed, though it is set in a Japan undergoing the apocalypse and you're working from dawn to dusk trying to stave off humanity's imminent extinction, the story isn't one big joke.

Thus, you're totally fine starting with DS2.

Just now, Benice said:

I have no doubt! Alrhough there will be a new LP legend born. Maybe the blessed Vyland, maybe The Roger the Paladin, but a star will be born!

We'll see, I suppose!
Maybe the "star" of my LP will be someone entirely different?
Who can say?

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

See, that doesn't sound like a challenge to me, that just sounds like a Kaizo Mario Maker level but the kind that confuse difficulty with challenging.