Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All I remember is this divine lightning shall pierce the skies

Fun Fact:

The boss where this tracks plays in Sky SC is also at the top of a Tower.

Saying any more than that would be major spoilers

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've got to thank Blazer for his taste in music, if nothing else. So many of the pieces in TLP are godlike.

Blazer actually mentions in the Credits how he's a big fan of Falcom iirc

Let me check the readme

''Almost ANYTHING by Falcom such as Ys and The Legend of Heroes'' in the soundtrack recs readme

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's okay, son. Tell me about the best girl in SRW.

Eh, what's the point...

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Hispanosphere(?) shares in the Anglosphere in using an "inaccurate" name, yay! Look beyond Europe, and it shouldn't be so bad, considering thats two of the big three European postcolonial "-ospheres", although I could see Latin American nations using indigenous words instead of what Iberia uses.

To be fair, that's mostly just Indo-European. Countries in East Asia and Central-South Africa also have their own words.

No, we mostly also use Piña. Exceptions in Argentina and Uruguay who also use Ananá. That's because the River Plate saw a lot of Italian migration, so they brought the word with them and it became more popular I suppose. Also, despite their language, Brazil uses Abacaxi.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... I know absolutely nothing about Lucina, actually. Awakening is probably the game in the series I'm the least familiar with. I know... next to nothing about it. There's a gal who commits suicide, but she returns I think, somehow...? And everybody hates it, or they don't, I'm not entirely sure.

Heaven forbid a person who commits suicide having the gall to live... /s

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, BrightBow said:

No, it's not. Once she served her purpose on cashing in on Mystery of the Emblem's popularity, she is just this little thing to feel sorry for that exists mostly in the background.

Being the person responsible for warning those in the past of the apocalyptic future they were up against was inconsequential?

Marth was a persona. Once she cast that aside, she became her own character.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

We'll see. Normally I'd go for it, but seeing as it'll cost 100-90 dollars for a type of game I've never tried before...

Oh right, games in Canada are pretty expensive.

You could try importing tho. Switch isn't region locked so you could find an American or European English version for cheaper.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Although tbh the only two games I think I'd get for sure are a Skyward Sword remake and BotW 2.

Gonna be waiting a while. Well, mainly for BotW 2, Skyward Sword remake is still unconfirmed.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I seem to have a bad timing coming back here almost every time...

200.gif

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though this is a little confusing with one plot point.

I like to think that the holes close when submerged. Alternatively, the holes are just very transparent. I think the former makes the most sense though.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Get Luigi's Mansion 3. It's awesome because Luigi is in it, and because I said so.

Which reminds me, I need to finish it.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Being the person responsible for warning those in the past of the apocalyptic future they were up against was inconsequential?

Yes. Literally yes.

This isn't like Trunks in DBZ, who gave the heroes information on what threat they were going to face, when it would show up and where it would show up. Lucina gave them no tangible information whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Uh...that's one of the game's weaker plot points, yeah. Makes her supposed death meaningless, really.

Ah, I see. I didn't mean to bring it up as a criticism or anything. I'd love to hate on Awakening like a proper Kaga elitist, but I can't, because I have no idea.

...Well, okay, I do have an idea: Boy, do all of the character designs ever suck. But we've already had this discussion. I don't want to start a fight. Again.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun Fact:

The boss where this tracks plays in Sky SC is also at the top of a Tower.

...!

Does DIVINE LIGHTNING ALSO PIERCE THE SKIES THERE--

Ow! Okay, okay, I'll stop... Sorry... I just... Unironically love that line. It's legit awesome. Even if it does not fit the situation. I love it. Makes it worth getting obliterated.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Blazer actually mentions in the Credits how he's a big fan of Falcom iirc

I mean, it's really easy to notice. The guy literally named one of his edgiest villains "Leon". It's such an obvious nod to the series, even I, someone who knows next to nothing about it, can tell!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's more that female characters tend to get unfairly criticized for similar flaws that male characters possess.

I mean I didn’t mean to criticize it, I just thought I had seen where people start to dislike her.

The problem is that typically the female lead when IS does one (or so I’ve heard) is always naive like that and the male one that has to be there isn’t and as such saves her.

Oh, and Five Guys? Best burgers and fries. Hands down.

Well Red Robin has the best burger... but Five Guys is so incredibly good that you have a great opinion.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

But he had no reason to be a tactician in the first place...

Didn’t he say he was or something or other? xD

Harem building with the avatar?

No one said it couldn’t be a one on one 😉

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd say Lucina is a well-written female protagonist. Certainly as good as characters like Marth and Ike.

Too bad she doesn’t matter to the plot until the end.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i agree Steak N Shake is great.

Honestly if a restaurant has shake in the name they practically have my patronage already.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seconded! Buy me a peanut butter milkshake with it, and were I Chrom, I'd instantly enfeoff Robin as Duke of Importantia.

Third-ed now I suppose.

I’m more a fan of the Oreo milkshake myself, I love Oreo milkshakes ❤️
I’ve never heard of a peanut butter milkshake before. Sounds interesting, I should try it.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... I know absolutely nothing about Lucina, actually. Awakening is probably the game in the series I'm the least familiar with. I know... next to nothing about it. There's a gal who commits suicide, but she returns I think, somehow...? And everybody hates it, or they don't, I'm not entirely sure.

She only really exists for child units to exist, she doesn’t matter in the plot til the very end yet gets lots of screen time. That moment when your setup as a character is better than your payoff. Lucina anyway.

The girl who commits suicide sacrifices herself to stop Chrom from having to make a hard decision and to show that she truly believes peace can be attained, and this sways a lot of the enemy soldiers into not fighting because her dying words really struck a chord with them.

Then she goes “sike lolz”

Edited by Sooks

Of course Trunks didn't give them ALL the information he should logically posses.

But hey, can't blame the boy for not knowing stuff that the author itself didn't know at the time. Some inconsistencies are to be expected in a weekly serialized story.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Boss' Ultimate Attack is lighting from a holy sword xD

...You've got to be kidding me. Are you telling me THAT (you know what I mean) is kinda sorta also a nod to Trails?! I love that moment! It's absolutely beautiful! Sheesh...

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Uh...that's one of the game's weaker plot points, yeah. Makes her supposed death meaningless, really.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, I see. I didn't mean to bring it up as a criticism or anything. I'd love to hate on Awakening like a proper Kaga elitist, but I can't, because I have no idea.

OH HELL NO

NOTHING that happens as a result of her "death" becomes meaningless just because she lived. If anything, it makes it worse. Since she became a constant living reminder of the events that led to her attempted suicide, and the fact that she didn't came out of it unscathed. With permanent consequences (technically, but the alternative is that some get undone when she dies for real, which ain't any better). From a certain point of view, she never came back. Only a husk that looks like her, but doesn't act like her, and isn't her as far as certain aspects of the self are concerned.

So... stop that.... just stop...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OH HELL NO

NOTHING that happens as a result of her death becomes meaningless just because she lived. If anything, it makes it worse. Since she became a constant living reminder of the events that led to her attempted suicide, and the fact that she didn't came out of it unscathed. With permanent consequences (technically, but the alternative is that some get undone when she dies for real, which ain't any better). From a certain point of view, she never came back. Only a husk that looks like her, but doesn't act like her, and isn't her as far as certainy aspect of the self are concerned.

So... stop that....

I agree, I just think it would have been better if she didn’t come back for fan service. Her support chain adds nothing to her character and she can barely think. It’s... pointless.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

200.gif

Accurate. xD

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Which reminds me, I need to finish it.

Same.

Cries in backlog.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sadly we will never get anything as amazing as this again as modern Falcom music team is...something....

🐔

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, no worries. I have plenty of criticisms for Awakening myself, despite how much I love it.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, okay, I do have an idea: Boy, do all of the character designs ever suck. But we've already had this discussion. I don't want to start a fight. Again.

Very hit or miss. I would agree.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too bad she doesn’t matter to the plot until the end.

Eh....I'd disagree, but hey. Opinions are opinions.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OH HELL NO

NOTHING that happens as a result of her "death" becomes meaningless just because she lived. If anything, it makes it worse. Since she became a constant living reminder of the events that led to her attempted suicide, and the fact that she didn't came out of it unscathed. With permanent consequences (technically, but the alternative is that some get undone when she dies for real, which ain't any better). From a certain point of view, she never came back. Only a husk that looks like her, but doesn't act like her, and isn't her as far as certainy aspect of the self are concerned.

So... stop that....

Hadn't thought of it this way. Makes sense. Interesting.

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You've got to be kidding me. Are you telling me THAT (you know what I mean) is kinda sorta also a nod to Trails?! I love that moment! It's absolutely beautiful! Sheesh...

You decide ;) Spoilers ofc. Major Endgame ones.

Fun fact: On Higher difficulties that attack one shots anyone it touches. Except maybe the super tanky guys.

That fight was nothing short of amazing

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

🐔

DON'T REMIND ME NOOOOOOOOOO

MY HEAD WAS IN FALCOM MUSIC HEAVEN

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OH HELL NO

NOTHING that happens as a result of her "death" becomes meaningless just because she lived. If anything, it makes it worse. Since she became a constant living reminder of the events that led to her attempted suicide, and the fact that she didn't came out of it unscathed. With permanent consequences (technically, but the alternative is that some get undone when she dies for real, which ain't any better). From a certain point of view, she never came back. Only a husk that looks like her, but doesn't act like her, and isn't her as far as certain aspects of the self are concerned.

Gotta say, I do really like this point of view.

Is it ever explained how she survived?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh....I'd disagree, but hey. Opinions are opinions.

I feel like it’s more so as a result of the whole “will fate be changed??” theme that they have to keep going and don’t want the super obvious answer to be too obvious yet so they just undo everything she does.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I didn't say anything! Why are you quoting meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, no worries. I have plenty of criticisms for Awakening myself, despite how much I love it.

Oh, I've just remembered another thing! Apparently the final map takes place on a tree. No, wait, it takes place on a dragon's back. The tree's another thing.

...Yeah, it's amazing how I've managed to avoid finding out anything about Awakening despite over half a decade of being a FE fan.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

...Okay, no. That looks nothing like the TLP moment. Still... Pretty epic. Thanks for the gif.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact: On Higher difficulties that attack one shots anyone it touches. Except maybe the super tanky guys

So you're telling me... That guy is Rutger?

Hmph, I would bench him if he was on my side and I ever played his game!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

DON'T REMIND ME NOOOOOOOOOO

Have this to make up for it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Gotta say, I do really like this point of view.

Agreed.

Just now, Sooks said:

I feel like it’s more so as a result of the whole “will fate be changed??” theme that they have to keep going and don’t want the super obvious answer to be too obvious yet so they just undo everything she does.

Fair enough.

Hmph, I would bench him if he was on my side and I ever played his game!

Good news for you: He doesn't join your side...

There's a ''Rutger'' who joins you in Sky3rd though, and he is Super op. Strongest Character in the Trilogy gameplay wise due to low Delay attacks lol

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yeah, it's amazing how I've managed to avoid finding out anything about Awakening despite over half a decade of being a FE fan.

I'm envious.

When I started the game, I still thought everything but the character designs would at least be decent. Boy, was I wrong.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/08/24/641395468/surviving-a-big-fall

That. A resilient body (as stated in her barracks bio). Landing in something "soft" (she most likely fell in sand, that actually would help, since the impact energy dissipate as it goes through every grain of sand).

Oh, I've just remembered another thing! Apparently the final map takes place on a tree. No, wait, it takes place on a dragon's back. The tree's another thing.

Both are true.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Agreed.

Third-ed. Again.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's ok, come to Monolith Music Heaven, you'll be safe here

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lol no

Final preparation theme Trails in The Sky the 3rd

You could use it as a final map prep theme in FE and it wouldn't be out of place.

Final Party Preps Sky 3rd (MAJOR SPOILERS DON'T CLICK IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY!)

Spoiler

wsIT2QB.jpg

Except for Josette (blue hair with a cap and gun), I love all of these guys and girls ❤️

Even Josette isn't that bad, but gameplay wise she's super bad. Only deserves the bench. Even her abilities are ''Bench me'' abilities xD