• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The last two chapters were... ridiculously easy with all those super powerful weapons that also dealt effective damage. I one turned the final chapter. It was Binding Blade all over again...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well Sacred Stones does have a post-game so the chests exist for that.

I meant chapter 20, not endgame. Don’t know how I got those mixed up... I mean that doesn’t have anything to do with your point, I just noticed.

Ephraim and Eirika’s ramblings at the end made no sense, but other than that it was a nice ending for a “they won and lived happily ever after” type ending.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, that's the entire reason for Fates' existence.

I feel like Fates was an independent concept and then IS was like “Wait why did Awakening sell so good again? Oh yeah marriage obviously!”

2 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I thought it would take place in multiple continents other than Erebonia

Only Erebonia and Crossbell, and Rean takes the spotlight once again.

DLC did add some Calvard prequel stuff, but that's a minimal part of the game and got added like 2 months after CS4's release iirc

@Saint RubenioRemember when I accidentally scared you with the talk about one of my replies? I could see this one actually earning it for this update, this one's actually kinda worth the warning.

Good job @Sooks, you can choose to go to Lagdou now (If you're willing to put yourself through it)

Here though, turns out there's some dead rats in the attic and they're stinking up downstairs.

Edit: max Res Arden:

Spoiler

Edited by Dayni

IMG_20201114_120407.jpg

Vision always triggers on the funniest of frames.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel like Fates was an independent concept and then IS was like “Wait why did Awakening sell so good again? Oh yeah marriage obviously!”

That's what I and a lot of others have been saying this whole time.

Took way longer than expected doing all stuff in the final chapter.

Spoiler

Had to do all quests for "true ending".

Anyways I'm prepared for final dungeon.

I'm absolutely looking forward to it because it features about 30 playable (including not expectable) characters.

Going to start it tomorrow morning since I'm feeling busted now and have to catch up some missed sleep form past night.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only Erebonia and Crossbell, and Rean takes the spotlight once again.

Ah, I see.

I rather thought it would have focussed on Crossbell's cast since I saw Crossbell exclusive characters being playable.

Still it brings me up the question what I will have to expect from it since I thought Erebonia's wretched fairytale would have come to an end in Cold Steel IV.

Fates is a classic example of taking what worked and overusing it to the point of ruining it.

Marriage wasn't a perfect mechanic in Awakening, but I think it was done fairly well, and also fit given the story.

Of course, Fates has many, many issues beyond just the marriage aspect.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Saint RubenioRemember when I accidentally scared you with the talk about one of my replies? I could see this one actually earning it for this update, this one's actually kinda worth the warning.

Yeah, I saw it. Well... Kinda, yeah, but still. Don't worry about it.

9 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Still it brings me up the question what I will have to expect from it since I thought Erebonia's wretched fairytale would have come to an end in Cold Steel IV.

Why vacation in Erebonia when you could spend a summer in Carsultyal?

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Sooks congrats on finishing up FE8! 

Granted it's not hard at all but still, amazing work!

I agree, but thank you!

I thought it was fun and a nice fe.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Good job @Sooks, you can choose to go to Lagdou now (If you're willing to put yourself through it)

The post game? Isn’t that just a series of battles back to back?

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, that's true.

I’ll probably pass then.

Any title in particular you're considering trying next?

Well I know fe9 and fe10 are both probably too much for my poor little laptop, but shadow dragon and new mystery seem like they would be easier to emulate so they might work? Even then I have a 3ds so since shadow dragon has an English version I could at the very least play it.

And then of course fes 1-5 really ought to be able to run. I’ve seen footage of fe2 and I typically don’t like spending a year per chapter, and I can’t decide if I would like fe4 or not, and I know basically nothing about fe1 and fe3. I have heard a bit of praise for fe5 though, so maybe fe5?

I might want to take a tiny break from fe first though.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but shadow dragon and new mystery seem like they would be easier to emulate so they might work?

DS emulators are a bitch. Might not matter much for an SRPG like the DS FEs but just letting you know.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have heard a bit of praise for fe5 though, so maybe fe5?

Depends on how much you like Kaga's wild ride. I personally think it's the worst game in the series.

If you're planning on playing the Kaga Emblems, really just play FE3 since it has a remake of FE1 packed into it. And instead of playing FE2, just play SoV. If you've already played SoV, there really is no reason to play FE2.

Btw, FE3 is a lot more bearable with fast forward in an emulator. Otherwise, the game just drags.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

DS emulators are a bitch. Might not matter much for an SRPG like the DS FEs but just letting you know.

Can't speak for every computer, but desmume in OpenEmu works flawlessly for both FE games, in my experience.