Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well I know fe9 and fe10 are both probably too much for my poor little laptop, but shadow dragon and new mystery seem like they would be easier to emulate so they might work? Even then I have a 3ds so since shadow dragon has an English version I could at the very least play it.

And then of course fes 1-5 really ought to be able to run. I’ve seen footage of fe2 and I typically don’t like spending a year per chapter, and I can’t decide if I would like fe4 or not, and I know basically nothing about fe1 and fe3. I have heard a bit of praise for fe5 though, so maybe fe5?

DS is probably the way to go first whenever you decide to go back, I ended up using a homebrewed Wii to play PoR/RD and judging by your comment on Berwick I suspect that you won't be playing those games all that quick.

As for Kaga, you're free to ignore the NES games, you can consider MotE (though I'm not a fan myself), Thracia is probably the best of Kaga but also has plenty of bull and Genealogy is one where I feel you need to be patient about it, despite being able to save every turn.

Just now, Sooks said:

What is actually the point of designing a game like that?

Honestly I think it was to put the scale of the world out there. Shrimperor said it in 3 worlds.

I liked playing Genealogy, but I do get being wary about it. I haven't convinced myself to finish a replay of it with the worst pairings I could imagine.

I feel at times MotE can be a bit of a slow walker as well comparing to the remakes imo but it's much more prevalent in Genealogy. It's one thing I'd fix for sure, even by giving autowalking where you can tell them where to go.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I liked playing Genealogy, but I do get being wary about it. I haven't convinced myself to finish a replay of it with the worst pairings I could imagine.

Everytime i start a FE4 randomizer i stop at ch2 because i can't take it anymore ngl

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel at times MotE can be a bit of a slow walker as well comparing to the remakes imo but it's much more prevalent in Genealogy. It's one thing I'd fix for sure, even by giving autowalking where you can tell them where to go.

Or, honestly, changingthe enemy placement would go a loooooong way in making the game much better imo.

And make the big maps actually matter and not slow maps tacked together

Basically make them a SRPG version of Warriors games

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Berwick and FE5 are very fun tbh.

I'll refrain from talking about Berwick though I do think it is neat. But I genuinely think the Jugdral is the worst in the series. I gain no joy from playing them. I don't even know how I completed FE4 in the first place. 

I mean, FE1 and 2 are technically worse but that isn't really fair.

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Every Map except for the first one is like this, involing tens of turns of just walking until you meet enemy block

And that map already made me fall asleep.
Wow.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m sure the epics of 10 turns of walking are very entertaining indeed.

If you call "falling asleep out of sheer boredom" entertaining, then yes. XD

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To strip away any fun from a game because Kaga forgot the meaning of the word after FE3.

Truth.
Although I haven't played anything prior to FE5, and I have no desire to do so whatsoever.

YwFFyhq.png
My updated fe tier list, although I don’t remember what the old one looked like. I just realized I’ve officially played half of the FEs!

Draggy would be glad he isn’t here right now, he would be so disappointed by the Fates placement.

Edit: NINJA’D BY DRAGGY ABORT ABORT ABORT

Edit 2: ..../s. I hope that was obvious...

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll refrain from talking about Berwick though I do think it is neat. But I genuinely think the Jugdral is the worst in the series. I gain no joy from playing them. I don't even know how I completed FE4 in the first place. 

Jugdral remakes will bring a fun time for the fanbase for sure if they stay very faithful.

Fun as in 'PREPARE POPCORN'

But i can understand where you are coming from

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Draggy would be glad he isn’t here right now, he would be so disappointed by the Fates placement.

Pls i put Conquest at A xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I really want to replay Conquest because my opinion on it is so on the fence I feel like I need a refresher, and on hard. I wanted to put it in three tiers at once...

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

This really is the easiest and best way to play Tellius anymore. At least for those who don't have the hardware to handle emulation.

And even then you can mess it up, as I detailled in my Tellius log I couldn't get RD to recognise the save file.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Or, honestly, change the enemy placement would go a loooooong way in making the game much better imo.

And make the big maps actually matter and not slow maps tacked together

Basically make them a SRPG version of Warriors games

That is an option, though I was moreso bringing up a point from the Player perspective, I feel like that discussion would be part of a wider alteration of Genealogy and if you go far enough the idea of a full on renovation that ends up containing both Genealogy and Thracia might as well be the way you go.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Several people are typing

*Cough*

I wanna start a new adventure...

An adventure of what?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I'm always there with you in spirit.

I'm more disappointed by Echoes' placement than Fails'.
Joking aside, just because I loathe Fates and everything about it that isn't Mozu, Nyx' personality, or the map themes in Birthright, while I am indifferent toward some other characters, doesn't mean I want others to feel the same about it.
The opposite, actually. I'm happy when people enjoy games.

Also, my opinions on games shouldn't be indicative of that game's quality or lack thereof, as I don't fancy myself a good judge of that.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

See the sap I oozed above in response to Sooks.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Although I haven't played anything prior to FE5, and I have no desire to do so whatsoever.

Only one worth playing is FE3 but you're already playing FE12 and while I maintain that FE3 is superior, you don't necessarily have a reason to play it if you're already playing FE12.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, my Fates rankings aren't that low either, despite me shitting on it a lot.

fire-emblem-games-with-three-houses-4012

Benice is gonna execute us both for putting 3H at the top tho.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

if you go far enough the idea of a full on renovation

yes pls.

Although the fanbase seems to want a more faithful remake, which i don't know how to feel about, as i already played the original games. And i am exactly keen on replaying games.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

An adventure of what?

Ya know, meeting friends, stoping a conspiracy, getting to know the world, Super sick final dungeon theme, epic and super hard penultimate battle, etc

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Benice is gonna execute us both for putting 3H at the top tho.

Pls. I not only put 3H at top, but put FE6 at bottom. Not just bottom FE, but probably on the bottom of all games i played xD

Right down there with CS2. 

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you call "falling asleep out of sheer boredom" entertaining, then yes. XD

That roast was lit. 🔥

I'll see myself out now.

Just now, Sooks said:

How does one homebrew their wii? I think wii have one lying around...

what does homebrewing it even do?

Hoo boy. It's great. You can play basically any GC or Wii game off a hard drive as well as a bunch of emulators.

This is the best place to find out how it's done.

https://wii.guide/

------

Tier list posting?

Why not?

Thracia should be edited, but everything else still stands.

B3A56D14-925C-4C90-9A6F-5145C3BBA978.png

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I get you! No worries!
Besides, I was only joking when I said that.

Yeah I know. Same, cause I make it sound like Echoes’ maps are objectively bad even though they are. Maybe I should replay that one too...