Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, FE3 is a lot more bearable with fast forward in an emulator. Otherwise, the game just drags.

I mean yeah but the same could be said for the Kaga Emblems in general.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah but the same could be said for the Kaga Emblems in general.

True.

At least FE3 and FE5 (from what I've seen and played) don't share the same map length issues as FE4 though.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

True.

At least FE3 and FE5 (from what I've seen and played) don't share the same map length issues as FE4 though.

Oh yeah, FE4 is on a tier of its own. Not only are the maps huge but there's always multiple enemy phases and a lot of times they have mounts which means Canto and Canto in FE4 works after attacking which means whole squads of enemy mounts can be in play for way longer than they should. Same goes for any ally phases.

Shrimpy was not exaggerating when he said you can eat lunch during enemy phases in FE4.

FE4's issue isn't a length issue, but a design and enemy placement issue

arvsHKu.png

Let's take the first part of the final map for example.Between your starting area and enemy area there's free space with nothing inbetween, until the blocks meet and clash, or usually, 1 player unit wipes out the whole block, since enemy quality is pathetic

Every Map except for the first one is like this, involing tens of turns of just walking until you meet enemy block.

Usually the empty walking distance is much bigger than shown here.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, FE4 is on a tier of its own. Not only are the maps huge but there's always multiple enemy phases and a lot of times they have mounts which means Canto and Canto in FE4 works after attacking which means whole squads of enemy mounts can be in play for way longer than they should. Same goes for any ally phases.

Shrimpy was not exaggerating when he said you can eat lunch during enemy phases in FE4.

Which is exactly why I got to chapter 3 and stopped. I had no patience for it.

Although with fast-forward it might be less annoying.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Let's take the first part of the final map for example.Between your starting area and enemy area there's free space with nothing inbetween, until the blocks meet and clash, or usually, 1 player unit wipes out the whole block.

Every Map except for the first one is like this, involing tens of turns of just walking until you meet enemy block

True.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1 player unit wipes out the whole block.

Sigurd Emblem intensifies

Though better hope your unit isn't that overpowered, since the enemy AI will actually avoid attacking them. Though that mostly tends to happen with however you have Forseti with, since thanks to all that avoid what you get is instead of a slaughter fest, it's the entire enemy formation surrounding the guy and doing nothing.

@Sooks, I'd personally recommend the DSFE games, (FE11 and 12) myself. DS games emulate really slowly, but if your computer could handle Berwick, it should be faster than that. I'd personally try H1 or H2 on a first playthrough.

Except for FE12. Anything harder than normal features ambush spawns. I'd say normal for FE12 on your first time through, but yeah FE11 H1 is fine.

FE12 is overall a much more difficult game, so the ambush spawns make it that much worse.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Except for FE12. Anything harder than normal features ambush spawns.

The same is true for FE11, but the game more often than not tells you about the reinforcements. FE12 is slightly worse, but better than every non-FE11 game with ambush spawns.

Just now, Benice said:

The same is true for FE11, but the game more often than not tells you about the reinforcements. FE12 is slightly worse, but better than every non-FE11 game with ambush spawns.

Yeah, but FE12's unforgiving difficulty makes dealing with those ambush spawns much more frustrating. Normal is the best option for a blind playthrough, imo.

FE11 is just a less difficult game overall, so the ambush spawns don't matter as much on higher difficulties.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Depends on how much you like Kaga's wild ride. I personally think it's the worst game in the series.

I’ve only experienced the first 3 chapters of Berwick Saga and the side missions of the first two, or something like that.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you're planning on playing the Kaga Emblems, really just play FE3 since it has a remake of FE1 packed into it. And instead of playing FE2, just play SoV. If you've already played SoV, there really is no reason to play FE2.

SoV is my least favorite fe and I could barely get through one play through with lots of games in between without falling asleep....

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Do it. You already have the worst of FE (The Elibe games) behind you. 

Fe7 is unironically probably my second favorite thus far.

Fe6 would have been the same if the gaiden chapters didn’t suck and there weren’t ambush spawns everywhere.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

@Sooks, I'd personally recommend the DSFE games, (FE11 and 12) myself. DS games emulate really slowly, but if your computer could handle Berwick, it should be faster than that. I'd personally try H1 or H2 on a first playthrough.

Berwick ran at like -5 fps

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why does that sound familiar—

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not really. And not an excuse when they spawn with 8-9 Mov and one-shot your units.

I still haven't seen that happen yet.

Not to mention, if you know that they're coming, then you're ready for them. As of ch. 13, Ambush spawns haven't caused any problems whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, but FE12's unforgiving difficulty makes dealing with those ambush spawns much more frustrating. Normal is the best option for a blind playthrough, imo.

FE11 is just a less difficult game overall, so the ambush spawns don't matter as much on higher difficulties.

FE12 Normal is much easier than FE11 H1. FE12 Normal and Hard aren't super unforgiving either way. Maniac is quite tough, and anything beyond that is super hard.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

FE12 Normal and Hard aren't super unforgiving either way.

FE12 prologue on H1 is absurdly difficult.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

FE12 Normal is much easier than FE11 H1.

Yeah, because no ambush spawns.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Not to mention, if you know that they're coming, then you're ready for them.

Yeah, just makes you only play super campy.

If the game even tells you about them, which FE12 doesn't iirc. You know there that thay might appear from certain places. Just makes you play boringly slow.

Edited by Shrimperor

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE4's issue isn't a length issue, but a design and enemy placement issue

arvsHKu.png

Let's take the first part of the final map for example.Between your starting area and enemy area there's free space with nothing inbetween, until the blocks meet and clash, or usually, 1 player unit wipes out the whole block, since enemy quality is pathetic

Every Map except for the first one is like this, involing tens of turns of just walking until you meet enemy block.

Usually the empty walking distance is much bigger than shown here.

What is actually the point of designing a game like that?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m sure the epics of 10 turns of walking are very entertaining indeed.

If Kaga can't get you frustrated by his bad design choices, he'll bore you to tears with his walking simulator.

Ngl, I almost fell asleep while playing FE4 once. It's that tedious.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To strip away any fun from a game because Kaga forgot the meaning of the word after FE3.

Berwick and FE5 are very fun tbh.

And while i didn't enjoy much what i played from TRS, it was more tolerable than any of Elibe or Marth games