A New Forging Bonds is coming! (July 20th 2020)

A new Forging Bonds event is coming on July 20th!

IJiIlfj.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Male Kris, Julian, Lena and Female Kris, the new Heroes from the "Heroes, Light and Shadow" banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Accessories! Accessories! Accessories! What they gonna be? Accessories! Accessories! I can't wait to see!

New Mystery and Kris were the first instance of being able to dress up a character in some capacity. Any chance this will bring the ones they could wear? As a non-player, I don't know what's in already, though I remember Tiki's headpiece is, and it'd be no surprise of most of the few others were. It'd be astounding if they added a shaved head "accessory".

Kris's simpleminded personality may make the writing here on the weak side. Hope it isn't for ye who play thou'. 

16 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

They should have all avatar conversations for Kris. It would be hilarious...ly bad. 

I expect that their conversations will suck regardless of who they talk to because Kris (a protagonist) somehow gives the writers less to work with than Mustafa (a one-off boss) did.

Edited by Tybrosion

So I don't know what I was expecting, but if the opening keeps up an Into the Spiderverse vibe like it started Kris might actually have a chance

And I'm also hoping Julian saying he was bad but got better isn't said too often.

Forging Bonds stories were overall good, albeit a little weak with the Krises.

Julians was really sweet with his interactions with Ylgr. Plus a nice bit of lore with her trying to get the one thing she has left to remember her mother. And then Fjorm comes right in at the end to give him more work. 😄

Lenas was absolutely heartfelt, and I loved Eir's role along with it playing with a little bit continuity with her previous FB conversation with Midori. In all honesty, I think Eir's a decently written character.

The Krises were.....okay I guess. The main plot dealing with Female Kris feeling like an alternate was a pretty meh storyline. The cooking one was funny.

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I always felt some kinda way about him being forgotten to history so it was cool they made him known in Askr

To be honest, I still think that mentality of his (or theirs I guess) is stupid. The whole "I want to be forgotten to glorify Marth" makes no damn sense.

Though I suppose that's happens when you basically create a self-insert OC into an established story.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be honest, I still think that mentality of his (or theirs I guess) is stupid. The whole "I want to be forgotten to glorify Marth" makes no damn sense.

Though I suppose that's happens when you basically create a self-insert OC into an established story.

Why did it make no sense? They wanted the people to look up to Marth and his exploits after the war and, to Kris, they wanted to solidify how good of a leader he was by giving him all of the credit for everything that happened. Probably not the most interesting reason to go for it but it always made sense to me.

Heh. I feel kind of bad for fem Kris. It's cool that this duality thing gets addressed, though. And for the accessories... My main team is comprised of 3 dudes and a lady. Clearly, the lady is the one that needs to wear Mustafa's beard.

Okay, read the first support for fem Kris. Male Kris was actually adorable there. XD "Oh no! We killed her!" You didn't do anything, man! XD You tried to stop it! Ahh, so cute.

I'm actually rather enjoying this one despite knowing little to nothing about these characters when they were added to the game. Though so far, I've only completed Lena's conversation chain. Eir wants to be a mother now, that's sweet. 🙂 This also felt a bit like a sequel to Midori's conversations. She talked to Eir in hers and then appears here.

By the way, I created a Forging Bonds with some fan characters in the writing board, if anyone's interested.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm actually rather enjoying this one despite knowing little to nothing about these characters when they were added to the game. Though so far, I've only completed Lena's conversation chain. Eir wants to be a mother now, that's sweet. 🙂 This also felt a bit like a sequel to Midori's conversations. She talked to Eir in hers and then appears here.

You'll also probably appreciate F!Kris's chain just because of one particular cameo it has (it only comes into play starting with the A Rank, though). 

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You'll also probably appreciate F!Kris's chain just because of one particular cameo it has (it only comes into play starting with the A Rank, though). 

Oh, neato. I'll have to be sure to get her remaining conversations soon then!

I'm surprised that we haven't yet gotten an Emblian Forging Bonds. Rather than have the Askr slings, Anna and Fjorm chat with the Heroes it would be Veronica, Bruno, Xander and Loki. It could have some decent interaction with Xander and Bruno being the straight men, Loki the troll and Veronica her easy  victim. It could also show a glimpse of how Embla treats it Heroes with Bruno and Xander being quite serious commanders while Loki and Veronica are a pair of slave drivers.