Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

On 8/3/2022 at 8:43 PM, Jotari said:

I like this prompt. Its open, very open as there are songs about everything?  But also requires a unifying subject to get behind. 

Oh hey, thanks! I wanted to share that prompt ever since I thought of it. I look forward to seeing what gets shared, especially the music.

16 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

-eye glint-

World's end dancehall ROCKETMAN remix - YouTube

-watches through 4:35-

Do you think you can? If you're really a writer and not some runt running around with a keyboard and mouse, you might be able to.

Jokes aside, that was actually really good, did not expect the Hatsune Miku twist, that made me bust out laughing. Thank you for sharing this! And yes, that is entirely viable. I have high hopes for you.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, even if I had the time, I don't think I could do this one. So many to choose, so lacking in ideas how to convert them into a story...

Do you want some help narrowing it down? That's usually the first step to making it easier. 

And it doesn't need to be a magnum opus; something short and sweet can work just as well if you're worried about the length of it or not having enough time, not to mention it'd probably be a hell of a lot easier to write.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, indigoasis said:

Do you want some help narrowing it down? That's usually the first step to making it easier. 

And it doesn't need to be a magnum opus; something short and sweet can work just as well if you're worried about the length of it or not having enough time, not to mention it'd probably be a hell of a lot easier to write.

Alright, here, here, here we go!

Okay, no, really, I don't think I can have the time for this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sorry about being so slow to update this thread! Just got back from The Land With No Internet a moment ago, didn't realize that it would take this much time to get to this.

As an aside, I'm very excited about this prompt!

This prompt actually makes me really sad Otts is gone, he did a variation on this idea once and I did a piece on Severa loaded with a bunch of obscurely-added Wowaka references since I know we both love both those things. He would have really liked to join in on the writing end.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:37 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, here, here, here we go!

Okay, no, really, I don't think I can have the time for this.

dk meme : r/donkeykong

Ahem. Sorry.

But that's alright. Maybe next time!

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

This prompt actually makes me really sad Otts is gone, he did a variation on this idea once and I did a piece on Severa loaded with a bunch of obscurely-added Wowaka references since I know we both love both those things. He would have really liked to join in on the writing end.

I found him in arena in FEH and sent him a friend request like a month ago. Still hasn't been accepted. Man fell off the face of the planet. 😔 I hope he's alright.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

5 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I found him in arena in FEH and sent him a friend request like a month ago. Still hasn't been accepted. Man fell off the face of the planet. 😔 I hope he's alright.

Pourin' one out for Otts.

The funny thing about him, though, is that he wasn't actually banned. He got a warning and assumed he was banned, then never came back.

That's the interpretation I'm going with, at least.

I had an idea for my entry, but it's... kinda pushing it, so I wanted to run it by the thread!

@indigoasis, I was wondering if you'd consider using multiple songs to be in the spirit of the prompt? I wasn't sure, since it could end up with the songs being the incidental music to the writing as opposed to the inspiration for it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

@indigoasis, I was wondering if you'd consider using multiple songs to be in the spirit of the prompt? I wasn't sure, since it could end up with the songs being the incidental music to the writing as opposed to the inspiration for it.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine! It's kinda like how stories can have more than just one theme, right? If you're looking to interweave the inspiration from your chosen songs, I don't see why not. It's up to you how you wanna do it, so do what you need to do to get your story the way you want it.

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Yeah, that's perfectly fine! It's kinda like how stories can have more than just one theme, right? If you're looking to interweave the inspiration from your chosen songs, I don't see why not. It's up to you how you wanna do it, so do what you need to do to get your story the way you want it.

Sounds good!

...Ergh, this might end up being overly colossal if I finish now. Oh well, I guess I'll sort that out if I finish!

On 8/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, indigoasis said:

I really hope he magically comes back one day.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that. It was definitely nice to have more activity in the thread, but the dude was an absolute time-bomb and his getting banned would've merely be a matter of time if he didn't peace out. It's probably best the thread learned to survive without him earlier, although given the current pacing, maybe that's not what we've learned at all.

If only Bob and Larry where here to tell us what we've learned today.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

-has a literal excuse to just listen to YGO music and write whatever comes to mind while writing it-

-proceeds to peace out-

Nah, I'm having some issues with the dreaded block so, not really enjoying it much, but hey, if I do get something done it'll be okay I guess?

19 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that. It was definitely nice to have more activity in the thread, but the dude was an absolute time-bomb and his getting banned would've merely be a matter of time if he didn't peace out. It's probably best the thread learned to survive without him earlier, although given the current pacing, maybe that's not what we've learned at all.

If only Bob and Larry where here to tell us what we've learned today.

Interesting...

FML.

I said I was going to peace out this round but fuck it.  I actually wrote something.

TitleBlue Skies and A Battle

Fandom: Fire Emblem Three Houses

Words: 1,020

Entry:

Post Read Notes:

Spoiler

Welcome to New Game + of Three Houses.  I hope you guys don't mind having my version of Male Byleth.

And yes we've done all the routes by this point, hence why Byleth is so determined to save his students.

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Entry.

• 2 weeks later...

I will definitely write something. I have an idea tossing around for something original to write, but if I don't get round to it then I have an unpublished piece on the back burner I can submit.

WAIT I HAVE 5 HOURS WHAT

@Benice I might want an extension, work took longer today than it was supposed to then a Mr. Wells commandeered my attention for some time regarding a manuscript he'd written regarding some disembodied heads hailing from the fourth planet in our solar system and the rather disastrous outcomes of their visitation to our fair sphere of habitation so I haven't got more than a page out of my brain. I definitely have a full entry's worth now that I double-checked the lyrics for the song I'm using, I just won't be able to share it here until tomorrow.