• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oooooh....

I mean

Technically

My vote doesn't affect the results, since the leading entry has a two-vote lead over the others and I have only one vote to give. However, I feel like I should give feedback.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I mean

Technically

My vote doesn't affect the results, since the leading entry has a two-vote lead over the others and I have only one vote to give. However, I feel like I should give feedback.

Fairs

20 hours ago, Benice said:

Congrats to @AnonymousSpeed for taking the round! Once you are ready, please select our next prompt.

I am ready.

@indigoasis @TheSilentChloey

Please harass me until feedback is provided.

Now, this next prompt has an interesting meta-history of its own. It's an old one that I often think of bringing back, but I always push it off in my head.

"It's too recent to use again," I say. "We'll have to wait to bring it back".

Well, it turns out it's been over two years since we used the prompt originally, which I found mortifying. How time flies!

Anyway, that should be enough buffer to re-use it. So, without further ado, your prompt is:

On 8/15/2020 at 1:29 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Write using the setting and characters from a story someone else submitted in a previous round. You may not consult the original author or ask for their permission.

The last line is the most important.

OP is updated! The writing phase will end at midnight, January 27th. February is a short month, so I'll try to have the next round start on the 1st.

Happy writing, all!

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I am ready.

@indigoasis @TheSilentChloey

Please harass me until feedback is provided.

Now, this next prompt has an interesting meta-history of its own. It's an old one that I often think of bringing back, but I always push it off in my head.

Well, it turns out it's been over two years since we used the prompt originally, which I found mortifying. How time flies!

Anyway, that should be enough buffer to re-use it. So, without further ado, your prompt is:

Eyyy!  We're doing it again!!!

Okay!!!  Let's go!!!

20 hours ago, indigoasis said:

so it's endorsed plagiarism: the prompt

I never thought that could be a thing

fascinating

It was a pretty well-loved prompt when it happened, and I'm pretty sure it spawned at least two somewhat-similar prompt ideas later. I'm more surprised it took this long to come back.

21 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

...Has the time finally come to continue the continuity? Or should I just piggyback off Chloey's world like I did with her Shadow Tactician series...

39 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

It was a pretty well-loved prompt when it happened, and I'm pretty sure it spawned at least two somewhat-similar prompt ideas later. I'm more surprised it took this long to come back.

...Has the time finally come to continue the continuity? Or should I just piggyback off Chloey's world like I did with her Shadow Tactician series...

Which one did I do that inspired you this time?  Lol

Going back through to look for ideas, dang Anon, you've been at this longer than I thought. Also I only today understood your Spiderman fanfic thanks to a Marvel encyclopedia thing I got for Christmas, nice.

I might actually be stealing an early entry of Jotari's this time, we'll see.

20 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I've got a question: Are the entries we're allowed to plagiarize limited to what was submitted in this thread, or are we allowed to peruse from prior WYBO threads?

I'm pretty sure there's no limit to that. So long it was an entry, it's fair game.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Going back through to look for ideas, dang Anon, you've been at this longer than I thought. Also I only today understood your Spiderman fanfic thanks to a Marvel encyclopedia thing I got for Christmas, nice.

I might actually be stealing an early entry of Jotari's this time, we'll see.

Ooh! Which one?

On 1/6/2023 at 5:35 PM, Jotari said:

Ooh! Which one?

All I will say is cookies are involved.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

@SoulWeaver

Hide contents

I get the feeling this story is designed as an introduction to the fictional card game, but I still only kind of understand how it works. I'm not sure if that's more than I should have expected or less, because I'm not totally lost but I'm not totally confident either. It's mechanically interesting in a narrative way, if that makes sense- it's enjoyable enough to read it described, even if it does seem a bit like discount Battle Chip Challenge. Since it mostly focuses on the game, I don't have much to say about the characters. Since I have never played or watched Yugioh, I don't have much to say about that comparison.

Hide contents

The storm clouds above seemed to glow red, then a massive hand that appeared to be made of solid blood burst through the clouds and reached down for the screeching Dragon-Slayer. Ignoring the creature's frantic attempts to beat at it, the hand grasped it and dragged it into the heavens as David's opponent screamed in rage.

“NO, NO, NO!!! OUR CHANCE, OUR LAST CHANCE – AAAGH!”

As David and Emogine watched, startled, the man began to crumble and dissolve. He still screamed until there was nothing left.

This was absolutely horrifying, and I do not like that you put it in. Why must these card games contain infinite cosmic horror?

More reviews to come as I write them.

This is a far back quote but somebody on The Breakfast Club just posted a crap ton of old Exceed/Seventh Cross artwork, so I can finally link you to the image of the card in question. The man crumbling and dissolving didn't need to happen, admittedly, but here we are.

I also discovered Emogine, the girl in the pic, is 5'3". This is a wondrous discovery that I must share.

Edited by SoulWeaver