Special Heroes: Hop-and-go-Seek

Xenomata

Starting 3/7/2022 at 11:00 pm, Special Heroes enjoying the start of spring will be available as part of a new summoning event: Hop-and-Go-Seek. Check out their introductory video to learn more!

Japanese ver.

Spoiler

Also, in the next Tempest Trials+ event, you can earn Special Hero Luthier: Spring Hopes.

This spring event features:

• Delthea: Prodigy in Bloom (Blue Tome Cav)
  • Maria: Sunny Smile (Axe Flier)
  • Henry: Peculiar Egg (Colorless Bow Cav)
  • Sonya w/Tharja: Dazzling Rabbits (Green Tome Flier)
Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's... fine, I guess? Maria is the most interesting part in my book. Delthea's second skill page is pretty funny, Henry is a bit redundant but his dialogue is great as ever, and Sonya mostly feels interesting for the Tier 4 Rein skill. Second round of no new characters is disappointing though.

Ha ha, get fucked me. They seriously picked Maria over Nowi or even Michalis (him being here would've at least been funny) because IS likes flushing money down the drain I guess. 

Then again, this banner's performance was always probably doomed to underwhelm anyways because of the AHR banner later in the month so perhaps they accounted for that.

9 hours ago, Ghostface233 said:

LOL at Delthea having two pages for skills.  Skillcreep is real.

I called Maria, Delthea, and Luthier! The girls are both so adorable! Delthea follows the trend set by Spring Lucina, Est, and Myrrh. And I am all here for it! However, I would sleep with one eye open every night for the next month if I were Sonya...Speaking of which, what is up with the lighting on Tharja's hair? It's almost unrecognizable.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I'm happy Tharja finally got a Harmonic, but I'm a little sad it was with Sonya. That being said, the ones I wanted her to have a Harmonic with most were Azura and Dorothea, and they are both taken. This is better than nothing, I guess. 

As such, I'll be pulling for Sonya/Tharja, but that's about it. 

I did saw Luthier was in the map. It's finally good to see Maria returned to Fire Emblem Heroes since she didn't had an alt since Launch Day. Since the Spring Festival had all the Whitewing Sisters, Minerva, and now Maria. I do wondered what Michalis would look like he was summoned to Next Year's Spring Festival due to her sisters were attended to Spring Festival?

Edited by King Marth 64

@Fire Emblem Fan I added the video to the original post (plus the jap version for the Ice Dra- I mean japanese speakers)

Well some thoughts.

• Delthea is officially the first unit whose skill descriptions are now too long for the video to handle!
    Kind of a roundabout way to give her a Menace whose statboosts and debuffs are considered a full help for the unit, but whatever it works. Delthea also comes with a complete NFUsweep combo on her weapon alone when accounting for full buffs and debuffs, which is frankly insane. That means she can slot in a useful B passive instead of having to use a WindWatersweep - ohey she comes with one already!
    ...still waiting on Rouse Spd/Res 4...
  • Lol Maria is stronger than her own spring sister.
    Pastel Poleaxe is pretty loaded. No flier weakness is icing on the cake when she gets that many defensive effects. Flow Flight looks pretty nifty, but maybe hard to utilize on some flier units who don't exactly have the best spread on their Spd and Def stats... I'd say give it to Young Minerva, but if you have Spring Maria then you already trumped Mininerva...
  • Carrot-Tip Bow actually looks pretty neat. Sure the best you can hope to inflict is Atk/Def -6 in most cases, but that's still a solid +12 damage on the first attack. -7 and ergo +14 damage could be achieved with Gunnthra's Chilling Seal II, LegLucina's Future Vision II, or Walhart's refine.
    Henry himself will hopefully not be the worst user of this bow. He has historically never had the most stellar Atk stat...
  • How many times must we put Tharja in the most embarassing costumes...
    Ironically the duo unit has the simplest skill loadout. I have to assume that "unit's max Special cooldown count value" would mean like how Luna's cooldown is 3, so she'd be adding on 6 Atk when accounting for the slaying effect?
    I honestly wish we would get past Chill skills by now... there is no reason that couldn't be SRfar trace besides Delthea already having it.
    As for Spd/Res Hold... eh, I think it's a pointless Tier 4 upgrade.
  • Ohey Luthier is a Lance Cav. Wow, there is NO RED on this banner at all!
Edited by Xenomata

By the way, Luthier will be the 5th grail lance cav (out of 8 total) for Shadows of Valentia. He literally would've been better off as a green tome cav because SoV had zero tome cavs or tome fliers before this banner.

But hey, maybe this SoV lance cav will finally be a fast one (since SoV's current "fastest" one is Mathilda at just 32 Spd).

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

How many times must we put Tharja in the most embarrassing costumes...

And yet, this outfit might actually be more dignified than her winter one. She certainly is more covered up here compared to her winter alt.

Delthea needing 2 pages for her skillset because IS refuses to add a separate glossary for the stuff they put in brackets...really?

Anyways, this banner seems pretty skippable, but I'll still see if there's something good in here: 

• Delthea's prf is Slaying, the debuffing half of Spd/Res Menace, if she's buffed or the foe is debuffed the foe gets a -6 Spd/Res debuff in-combat, and she gets half of NFU and Sweep depending on the difference between her buffs and the foe's debuffs. I swear, why did IS bother with those brackets if they're just going to clog a weapons description to the point it takes almost a whole page to describe a weapons effects? Anyways, Delthea seems to be an improved version of FE8 Selena but nothing groundbreaking. 
  • Maria seems fun. Her Prf gives her +3 Def, Iote's Shield, Spectrum buff, Def based true damage and damage reduction (both 20%), and some healing per hit. How well she works will depend on her Spd, as she doesn't have any form of auto follow-up. Flow Flight is eh. The Flight line of skills is way too niche and impractical for most units and this seems to follow suit. As long as the enemy doesn't outspeed the user for more than 10 Spd, they get to perform a Def check to give the user some extra damage and minor damage reduction. At least the offensive part of NFU seems to happen regardless of the stat checks. 
  • Henry doesn't double, so he already seems worse than Leonie. At least he provides Ruse fodder. 
  • Harmonic Sonya is ok. Slaying and Charge -2 on turn 1 is great, specially for an AoE build. The bonus to unit's Atk is 12 at best (using Aether) and 3 at worst (using Moonbow/Glimmer). No one in their right mind would run low CD specials on a unit that can bring a 3CD special to 0 in one turn, so normally Sonya should be getting an extra 6 Atk. Teleportation is cool for AR-D, but it's not that unique nowadays. The Hold line is just Rein skills with 1 more range, that's ok for support purposes but it does nothing for the unit itself outside of extra arena scoring. The Harmonic skill seems to be pretty great for enabling Galeforce and AoE setups.

Luthier's the one I care about the most, so I'm glad he's the freebie. Would be nice to have Henry, since I never did get his Halloween version, but I don't absolutely need him if he doesn't show up as a free pull or something.

I wish IS would realize that needing two pages to show off all of Delthea's skills is a sign that they need to either make a glossary or to stop powercreeping everything. It'd also be nice if she could get a different artist, Miwabe's art is pretty bleh. Also, why did we need to powercreep rein skills?

Glad to see Maria and Sonya getting alts, but I'm still not a big fan of the Spring theme. They mostly stick to the bunny theme so they doon't differentiate the appearances much and they end up looking a little... samey for the lack of the better term. I wish they'd mix it up a little as you could do more with a theme celebrating the coming of Spring.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, there went my hopes of seeing a Sonya and Genny duo...

Also lol at needing a second "page"... sheesh...

Sonya/Genny wouldn't have been Harmonic.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Ha ha, get fucked me. They seriously picked Maria over Nowi or even Michalis (him being here would've at least been funny) because IS likes flushing money down the drain I guess. 

Then again, this banner's performance was always probably doomed to underwhelm anyways because of the AHR banner later in the month so perhaps they accounted for that.

Nowi and Michalis can show up later. Maria was highly-anticipated, and I think they did a great job with her.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sonya/Genny wouldn't have been Harmonic.

Mechanically it's the same concept: A 2-for-1 deal. Perhaps it's just my assesment, but chances for Sonya to appear again in a duo situation, Harmonic or not, it's quite little to none now.

There's a problem when my main takeaway from this is that IntSys is doubling down on the Yu-Gi-Oh! card descriptions.

This banner is very skippable for me (finally!). I have a passing interest in Spd/Res Hold since F!Grima could use it for scoring without compromising her kit, but I'd probably be better off waiting for a Double Special to spark on.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maria was highly-anticipated

Other than for you, by who? No seriously, by who?

Maria in CYL5: 367th (338th in 6)
Nowi in CYL5: 67th (56th in 6)

They picked Maria just to fill the spring Macedon quota (because she certainly ain't popular, unlike Minerva) that has long since overstayed its welcome.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Other than for you, by who? No seriously, by who?

Maria in CYL5: 367th (338th in 6)
Nowi in CYL5: 67th (56th in 6)

They picked Maria just to fill the spring Macedon quota (because she certainly ain't popular, unlike Minerva) that has long since overstayed its welcome.

Everyone has been saying for a year now that Maria and/or Michalis would be on this banner. Pretty much everyone was anticipating one or both of them, regardless of their popularity, precisely because of the Macedon quota. Now, wanting them? That's a different story. Wanting and anticipating are two very different things.

Man, the positioning of Tharja's face there...

Anyway, as entertaining as it is to have Maria (my first ever 5-star pull) walk around with an axe that probably weighs more than she does, there's nothing here for me. I mean, I'll never turn down a Harmonic even if I much prefer proper Duos, but there's so many of them now I don't have that there's no point looking for any specific pair.

(It's actually even sadder than I thought, I only have two Harmonic heroes, being Cathea which I only got last week, and Myrrhnah which I got right before I quit. Seven duo heroes by comparison)

Seeing Sonya's warp made me realize that I don't think I've ever seen a Ninja Igrene in any competitive modes. It's a powerful effect, but it's clear what the general player base is interested in, which is funny to me.

I guess I can save orbs here, we have Awakening units, but not the one I wanted. Maybe Cherche can get a Halloween alt this year, if not there's always next year... or the year after if both her and Michalis can't be on the same banner.

Tharja's actual pretty funny and a whole mood, unfortunately that's masked by the "sex appeal".

Edited by LoneStar