Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

16 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Anna tweets now in English courtesy of NoA, sounds like this Anna's English VA is Monica Rial, I recognize that tone

Is her Japanese VA still Saori Seto?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

The localization is going with Axe Fighter instead of Fighter and Sword Fighter instead of Myrmidon

I kinda figured, seems like they are really leaning into move type plus weapon.

1 hour ago, goodperson707 said:

Like the majority of the FE (and not FE) series, it may have been when the games started being released out of Japan but the GBA/GCN/Wii games where we got a bunch of games in a row that were as you described was 3 settings (2 of which were made somewhat concurrently iirc) and are historically the exception not the norm.

My message was theoretical only, to be honest.

... that being said, if I were to voice an opinion... I mean... there sure is a lot of Awakening and Fates in Engage already... and I do mean it when I say this is all or nothing; the explanation for those incredibly massive coincidences has to basically be about the very nature of the world. At this point Elyos is either... special, or, yeah, "practical".

1 hour ago, Solaris998 said:

Anna tweets now in English courtesy of NoA, sounds like this Anna's English VA is Monica Rial, I recognize that tone

Okay, that Atk stat two levels lower is more like it, guess I overestimated the Compact axe.
... then again she's being weighed down considerably harder than Boucheron, so she may not have much of a choice.

Edited by Cysx

37 minutes ago, Cysx said:

My message was theoretical only, to be honest.

... that being said, if I were to voice an opinion... I mean... there sure is a lot of Awakening and Fates in Engage already... and I do mean it when I say this is all or nothing; the explanation for those incredibly massive coincidences has to basically be about the very nature of the world. At this point Elyos is either... special, or, yeah, "practical".

Okay, that Atk stat two levels lower is more like it, guess I overestimated the Compact axe.
... then again she's being weighed down considerably harder than Boucheron, so she may not have much of a choice.

But that's the thing historically it's not just Awakening and Fates in Engage it's Fire Emblem (and friends) in general.

Aaaand Anna just became a mandatory unit to use. That's extremely endearing voice acting! She sounds familiar from somewhere but I don't know where. Look at that child go swinging an axe almost bigger than her own figure!

Spoiler

And I always disliked Anna's previous voice.

Hopefully we get more English voice acting for the other characters in the coming weeks.

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well this outfit is kinda awkward on a shota
image.png

The outfit in general is just... eh, in my opinion. There are better ways to do fanservice than this, I feel. Of all the class designs I've seen in this game so far - which, incidentally, I've generally liked - this has to be my personal least favorite. Which is a shame, I love the classic "big bundle of robes and capes" sorcerer design , and the cloak here is pretty great, but then there's just... nothing more than the cloak lol

10 minutes ago, Safy said:

Aaaand Anna just became a mandatory unit to use. That's extremely endearing voice acting! She sounds familiar from somewhere but I don't know where. Look at that child go swinging an axe almost bigger than her own figure!

Hide contents

And I always disliked Anna's previous voice.

Hopefully we get more English voice acting for the other characters in the coming weeks.

Wholeheartedly agree. Anna's always been forgettable to me, but as an enjoyer of war crimes, being a child with a massive battle-axe puts Enganna ahead of every other one of her incarnations.

That, and... okay, maybe I'm flipping out here, but her new voice actress seems to deviate from "kid" to "goblin grandma" a bit at times, and I mean that as an honest compliment, it's great. I find it particularly noticeable in her battle lines, especially the "I'm pretty tough y'know" line. She just turns into a legit gremlin as she hacks away at people, I love it.

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Presea, is that you?

There's nothing better than an elementary school -aged girl with a huge axe.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Anna's always been forgettable to me, but as an enjoyer of war crimes, being a child with a massive battle-axe puts Enganna ahead of every other one of her incarnations.

That, and... okay, maybe I'm flipping out here, but her new voice actress seems to deviate from "kid" to "goblin grandma" a bit at times, and I mean that as an honest compliment, it's great. I find it particularly noticeable in her battle lines, especially the "I'm pretty tough y'know" line. She just turns into a legit gremlin as she hacks away at people, I love it.

Now that's... an insane Jubelo. Probably more jacked than Ogma.

Exactly, she sounds really fun. I can already see and hear how enjoyable fielding her will be.

I have to say, I much prefer this new VA for Anna. Karen Strassmen is fine, but definitely not my fav VA. This new VA is a breath of fresh air and I have to say, the quality is quite good. Lets hope this is a good omen for the rest of the English voice acting.

As for the other stuff, the tempest trials seems cool and will be and enjoyable side activity, the PvP/aether raids things looks cool, basically my castle again, and the multiplayer will probably be something I wont touch often if at all cause I have no friends who play FE ;___;

Am wondering what else they can show off now at this point. We've pretty much seen everything sans the few unit twt profiles that are already on the website anyways plus Miccy's preview video. Will be interesting to see what they pull out

My only concern for Anna is that if she's more focused on speed , she might get slowed down too much by better axes , making her weaker offensively compared to Boucheron and Panette. Because I suppose Boucheron will be more focused on strenght since he's part of the Axe duo early game. 

Then again it wouldn't be the first time that the strong looking dude ends up having less strength than the smaller girl. (Looking at you Raphael and Hilda)

9 hours ago, Safy said:

Now that's... an insane Jubelo.

It was my first lunatic run, too. The difficulty was intimidating, but I ended up getting carried by the murdertwins, Axebello and Nosferamina, of all people. What a run it was...

9 hours ago, Safy said:

Probably more jacked than Ogma.

Oh way more. Not that Ogma is anything special in New Mystery, anyway.

9 hours ago, Safy said:

Exactly, she sounds really fun. I can already see and hear how enjoyable fielding her will be.

Before I was certain I'd go for Pannette as Vandad's axe girl sidekick. Now I'm not so sure. We'll have to see.

...F for Boucheron though.

8 hours ago, Azz said:

the multiplayer will probably be something I wont touch often if at all cause I have no friends who play FE ;___;

Same here. Well, I do have a couple friends, but they aren't fans of what we've seen of Engage. And online, well... Nintendo Online is something I have no intention of ever paying for again.

8 hours ago, Azz said:

Am wondering what else they can show off now at this point. We've pretty much seen everything sans the few unit twt profiles that are already on the website anyways plus Miccy's preview video. Will be interesting to see what they pull out

Still holding on to hope for Fates capture. There's still time, there's still time.

I hadn't been keeing count though. It really is just Miccy left, eh? Curious to see what they've been saving for last.

Well the Korean website for Engage just opened and they made a very big oopsie before taking it down.

They posted a MASSIVE story spoiler with the subtitles on one of the website images...

Only look if you don't care about spoilers, but it's not something too surprising if you've watched previous footage carefully.

Spoiler

1672214443260842.jpg.2b51a91e4295b923ea493ae00dd70ee8.jpg

"I am Mauvier. First time actually seeing you in person. I have heard about you from Veyle for quite some time now."

Pretty much confirms that Veyle is a villain, the true leader of the 4 Hounds and the hooded figure that killed Lumera.

Edited by ShinobuF

If that spoiler is true, I am quite curious to see how that plays out. 

Spoiler

I was hoping Veyle would be villanous, so this kind of works out for me if true.

Speaking of Panette:

Also, paralogue/Gaiden map example

And the Somnium Somniel creature

Oh also, the HK/TW version of the 'My First Fire Emblem' was uploaded. Only one suspicious situation regarding weapon ranks that seems to throw the idea of completely fixed class weapon ranks (outside of natural talents) for a loop:

glNbdAb.pnga4KmiSJ.png

She has Sword B / Tome B / Staff A* (oops typed this wrongly first) as a Noble in Japanese footage, but Sword B / Tome A / Staff B as a Florage in Chinese footage. We know in all other parts of both trailers that Celine's Noble doesn't have innate Staff rank.

Edited by tipperthescales

33 minutes ago, ShinobuF said:

Well the Korean website for Engage just opened and they made a very big oopsie before taking it down.

They posted a MASSIVE story spoiler with the subtitles on one of the website images...

Only look if you don't care about spoilers, but it's not something too surprising if you've watched previous footage carefully.

Hide contents

"I am Mauvier. First time actually seeing you in person. I have heard about you from Veyle for quite some time now."

Pretty much confirms that Veyle is a villain, the true leader of the 4 Hounds and the hooded figure that killed Lumera.

Spoiler

Quite frankly, this spoiler pleases me. Dragon loli goddess but evil is the kind of refreshing change that stereotype needed.

...but the question remains. It makes no sense to use such vague wording as "if divine dragon" if the extra food bonuses effectively only affect Alear. So what now? Veyle does a 180 later? Does Zephia? Or is there something more...? My money is still on Lumera becoming an Emblem, but there's just not that many options.

21 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

And the Somnium Somniel creature

I love this thing. It's literally just Lilith but with meme faces. Peak dumb, but like, in a good way.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love this thing. It's literally just Lilith but with meme faces. Peak dumb, but like, in a good way.

I just hope it doesn`t pull the same nonsense as Lilith later in the game.

Spoiler

Quite frankly, this spoiler pleases me. Dragon loli goddess but evil is the kind of refreshing change that stereotype needed.

...but the question remains. It makes no sense to use such vague wording as "if divine dragon" if the extra food bonuses effectively only affect Alear. So what now? Veyle does a 180 later? Does Zephia? Or is there something more...? My money is still on Lumera becoming an Emblem, but there's just not that many options.

Spoiler

I too welcome a non-possessed evil loli dragon in FE

Veyle could be a temporary ally who gets the effects of food. Alternetively, there is either a "good half" of the Fell Dragon, a secret relative of the Fell Dragon, secret relative of Lumera, a new unknown dragon unit.

If I had to guess, Veyle will be revealed as possessed, thus making her not truly evil and able to join permenetaly later, ala Aversa from Awakening. Or Zephia could get that treatment, either works.

I would much prefer Lumera be a playable unit than a Emblem, but we will just have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, ShinobuF said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think that Veyle could be some kind of slave and/or unwillingly work with the 4 Hounds. Mind control is not strange to FE either. There's no way they will make a dragon loli pull a 180, but we'll see.

EDIT: Scratch it, I saw someone on Reddit translate that Mauvier calls Veyle "milady". Final boss is a bit of a stretch, but reformed villain is still likely though

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

She has Sword B / Tome A / Staff B as a Noble in Japanese footage, but Sword B / Tome A / Staff B as a Florage in Chinese footage. We know in all other parts of both trailers that Celine's Noble doesn't have innate Staff rank.

Could be that Swod B, Tome A and Staff B is her natural Florage proficency, and the A staff in her base class is thanks to Miccy or something

Well, if all else fail, Arm Scroll is still a thing

Edited by kienquocsi

5 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

why do we live in a timeline where a Fire Emblem character is literally called Panettone
what is this, JoJo Vento Aureo?

Edited by Yexin

16 minutes ago, Yexin said:

why do we live in a timeline where a Fire Emblem character is literally called Panettone
what is this, JoJo Vento Aureo?

Considering the last game had the Golden Deer path: Verdant Wind, I'd say it's a solid maybe. The fact that the rings are basically stands also points in that direction.

What are we missing after Panette? I remember that there is still more characters to be added to the Twitter page, but can't help but find funny, that after pretty much every other Emblem already getting their dedicated video, Micaiah still doesn't have one, like, I don't know if this intentional or not, but I find funny how all the information known about Micaiah you have to get out of your way to find it xD. Like, we know what she does, we only haven't see the animations xD.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

What are we missing after Panette? I remember that there is still more characters to be added to the Twitter page, but can't help but find funny, that after pretty much every other Emblem already getting their dedicated video, Micaiah still doesn't have one, like, I don't know if this intentional or not, but I find funny how all the information known about Micaiah you have to get out of your way to find it xD. Like, we know what she does, we only haven't see the animations xD.

Aside from Micaiah, we still need to get twt profiles for Merrin, Pandreo, Seadall, Zelkov and Goldmary. Going by the schedule, we should be getting a character tomorrow, then Miccy on Friday, with the last four characters next week. After that idk.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Aside from Micaiah, we still need to get twt profiles for Merrin, Pandreo, Seadall, Zelkov and Goldmary. Going by the schedule, we should be getting a character tomorrow, then Miccy on Friday, with the last four characters next week. After that idk.

Yeah that makes sense, I noticed we have seen info from Seadall, Merrin and Zelkov, but wasn't sure with the rest. Thanks for confirming xD

So Miccy in Friday~.

Edited by Troykv

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Maybe the kings and queens? Eve, Morion, Hyacinth, Sfoglia. 

And Sombron