Fire Emblem: Pyrathi Warlords [Complete]

Jotari

1 hour ago, 𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 said:

Yeah I just noticed that.

Marcus' new name could be Dominic then, or if you need to shorten it for whatever reason then he can just be called Dom.

For Chloe, Katelynn would work just fine! 

If you have any other ideas then feel free to use those instead, I just thought of these names on the top of my head 🙂 

I think Hunter might be better a class, as I need another hunter too and that would explain how he could live in isolation.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, 𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 said:

Yeah I just noticed that.

Marcus' new name could be Dominic then, or if you need to shorten it for whatever reason then he can just be called Dom.

For Chloe, Katelynn would work just fine! 

If you have any other ideas then feel free to use those instead, I just thought of these names on the top of my head 🙂 

I'm settling on the name Fagen for him. As Dominic feels a bit too close to existing character Damian. Why Fagen? Well I looked for the first letter of the alphabet that doesn't already have a playable character with it XD Katelynn is also incidentally going to go by Catelyn, so as not to be too close to Katarina.

First, as I'm a little late for it, I also like the idea of supports.

Second, I've noticed that my other suggestion, Renzak is not in the Google Doc. so I'm guessing he hasn't been implimented yet or not at all. (Hey it's your perogative)

1 hour ago, KKAfterbrun said:

First, as I'm a little late for it, I also like the idea of supports.

Second, I've noticed that my other suggestion, Renzak is not in the Google Doc. so I'm guessing he hasn't been implimented yet or not at all. (Hey it's your perogative)

Yes, I remember that one. I actually do like the character idea but never found a way to put him in there. I had it in the back of my mind for a while to open up Warren as a chapter you could go back to periodically like the Tower of Valni and meet certain people if you go at the right time (and so you could hire him there), but the technical limits of how many roads you have has (probably) made that impossible. 

But now, taking a look at the initial description, I see he was from Knorda and not Warren like I was remembering. I actually do plan on having a chapter set in Knorda on the B route, so he could be implemented there, though that would make him a route specific character (which would be okay, as I already have Missie who I'm toying with as a route specific character and it's the back half of the game that needs a few more characters).

On 4/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, 𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 said:

That works fine too, let's go with that

Fagen's portrait.

https://i.imgur.com/ptGShUV.png

He doesn't blink, instead the duck in his pocket moves slightly.

EDIT: I've made him a bit taller so he isn't so obviously Dozla (I mean, he's still obviously Dozla, but I do what I can).

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, 𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 said:

Great portrait! Exactly what I imagined when I thought of the character 🙂

its also great you included the duck too 🙂

The way I've handled the supports (by moving supports for the yet to be used characters to the existing characters) has left him deficit of default supports. So a few characters need to be chosen for him. I've picked Enoch and Damian so far. Enoch because Enoch knows him and recruits him and Damian because...well no real reason Damian's slightly oddball manner just seems like it might work well. But none of the support pairings aside from the few written already are set in stone. If there's any character someone wants to support with their character than feel free to suggest it.

• Jotari changed the title to Fire Emblem: Pyrathi 609: Looking for Support writers
1 hour ago, 𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 said:

Just a suggestion but I kind of think Fagen could be a mentor figure towards the younger members of the cast, so his supports could center around giving younger characters advice and just being a mentor figure. 🙂

It doesn't have to be a suggestion. If you want to write something like that then pick another character for him to work that way with and go nuts.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapters 20 and 21 are up now, Chapter 21 is a big one being the battle against Marth. Entering the home stretch (for A route), as there's only the two part final boss chapter remaining. Link is in the OP.

• Jotari changed the title to Fire Emblem: Pyrathi 609, Route A almost finished!

@AnonymousSpeed @lenticular @FlyingKitsune @𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate @eclipse @KKAfterbrun @Vicious Sal

Putting out a group notification just to tell everyone that Route A is finished. Hooray! I'm going to do a full playthrough test to make sure all the kinks are ironed out before making it public however, but what that does mean for the character side of things is that I now have to make character endings. So you if have any ideas in mind for your character's ending (or any other characters), feel free to suggest something. It's not critical, Fire Emblem endings are low effort enough that they can be whipped up easily, but it feels appropriate to give people a chance to suggest something first.

If you need a refresher of who the characters are, here's the link to the doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RfEA3lu9YuyQtTmQbRByphJZl9a-vOcpifNJaCxwBfY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Jotari

First thing, I forgot to comment on the Serre Mercenary animation you added a few weeks ago. I reconize it from a Markyjoe rage-fest hack called Matthew's Nightmere. (been a few years since I've seen it and I think he's still has it on his youtube channel somewhere)

Second, here is a character ending for Sarina:

With the final battle won, Sarina quickly left the group as she found out someone put a bounty on her head. Though it is unknown where she had gone, a rumor of a group of female sellswords have recently over the port of Galder.

Finally, I was looking at the Character info that's up so far and noticed the thief Virgin has mention that he may be related to Hyman. It would make sence if he and Sarina had a support that makes some lite of this information

First thing, I forgot to comment on the Serre Mercenary animation you added a few weeks ago. I reconize it from a Markyjoe rage-fest hack called Matthew's Nightmere. (been a few years since I've seen it and I think he's still has it on his youtube channel somewhere)

With the final battle won, Sarina quickly left the group as she found out someone put a bounty on her head. Though it is unknown where she had gone, a rumor of a group of female sellswords have recently over the port of Galder.

Works for me. Though I haven't made any supports for Sarina, I've come to like her as a character. What I can only describe as her "casual criminality" is a pretty unique trait for a Fire Emblem character.

Finally, I was looking at the Character info that's up so far and noticed the thief Virgin has mention that he may be related to Hyman. It would make sence if he and Sarina had a support that makes some lite of this information

I'll make them support partners when I have the chance, though beyond mentioning the relation I don't have any solid ideas where the support could go (Virgin mentioning Hyman was done purely for the sake of gutter humor).

Okay so I thinkkk I have a character ending idea for Cleo and Fagen, if this needs tweaking then feel free to mess with it as much as you want.

After the war, Cleo started up an orphanage, and was described as unrecognizable compared to how she was during the war. She was a lot happier, and seemed to lose her fear of men. She lived out the rest of her days as a mother figure to plenty of children in her care.

When the war was set and done, Fagan seemed to float around the people he saw as family, whenever any of them were in dire straits he would come in and assist in any way he could. He lived out the rest of his days happy and content helping out those who accepted him in his time of need, with his duck friend always by his side.

16 minutes ago, 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡 said:

Okay so I thinkkk I have a character ending idea for Cleo and Fagen, if this needs tweaking then feel free to mess with it as much as you want.

After the war, Cleo started up an orphanage, and was described as unrecognizable compared to how she was during the war. She was a lot happier, and seemed to lose her fear of men. She lived out the rest of her days as a mother figure to plenty of children in her care.

This doesn't sound like Cleo. Did you mean Genevieve?

Edit: you are Cleo"s creator, I see, though you've changed your name. I think you might have forgotten Cleo"s character though. She isn't afraid of men, she wants to be one. So her suddenly become a.mother figure of an orphanage would be quite a sudden turn, to say the least. I was thinking of having her inherit the border fortress from Enoch who would be more focused on the capital in his ending.

16 minutes ago, 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡 said:

When the war was set and done, Fagan seemed to float around the people he saw as family, whenever any of them were in dire straits he would come in and assist in any way he could. He lived out the rest of his days happy and content helping out those who accepted him in his time of need, with his duck friend always by his side.

I think I'll make it Ember village specifically rather than vague found family.

Edited by Jotari

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Edit: you are Cleo"s creator, I see, though you've changed your name. I think you might have forgotten Cleo"s character though. She isn't afraid of men, she wants to be one. So her suddenly become a.mother figure of an orphanage would be quite a sudden turn, to say the least. I was thinking of having her inherit the border fortress from Enoch who would be more focused on the capital in his ending.

You're right about Cleo, been a bit since I wrote her story so I apologize. Yeah that's good enough. 

And Fagen is good too, forgot to be specific

On 6/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, KKAfterbrun said:

On 6/5/2023 at 12:53 PM, 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡 said:

Character endings also need titles. Like Joshua, Tempest King.

5 hours ago, 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡 said:

Cleo: The Androgynous Inheritor

Fagen: Kind Hearted Brutalizer

Brutalizer makes sense for him as a Fighter, but I made him a hunter, so King Hearted Hunter it is.

• Jotari changed the title to Fire Emblem: Pyrathi 609, Route A Finished!

I've just finished my most recent test playthrough and I can comfortably say that Route A is finished! While there's still a lot more work to do, you can now play the game from start to end without significant issue.

• 2 weeks later...

In light of Engage having a character of the same name, I've renamed the Cavalier Louis to Lewis. I've also given him a bit more personality, making him a bit ethnocentrist and embodying the Pyrathi mistrust of outsiders. He's also now the nephew of Fagen to add more connections there.