Feh Channel - December, 2022

Fire Emblem Fan

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As the resident Asugi critic I'm certainly not mad about it. But I also think it makes a certain sense to give Kiragi preference. After all he's a royal, Takumi's son and a fairly important second gen character. All in all I'd say the little psycho's done dirty in that it took this long to add him.

And adding Asugi really doesn't add anything that the game doesn't already have in Gaius so there's no rush. The same goes for Caldori and Rhajat but the characters they are cloned from where a phenomenon on their debut in a way Gaius never was. 

I just want Gaius to be Viable, is that so wrong?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Existing is certainly more likely than being viable. From June to December of this year, we've gotten 6 non-CYL New Heroes banners, and of the 24 "normal" heroes on them, 7 were 5*s, 11 were main pool demotes, and 6 were GHBs. If Heroes lasts long enough, I assume Asugi will be added eventually, but probably as a demote.

Considering we're almost certain to have an arcane dagger by the time Asugi releases and he'll have a modern statline, I'm sure he'll be usable at worst, even if he's unlikely to be a character to shake something like the AR meta. We're rapidly approaching a point where arcane weapons ensure a fairly viable floor for any new units without a purposely gimped statlines if you're a fan of them.

21 minutes ago, Ether said:

Considering we're almost certain to have an arcane dagger by the time Asugi releases and he'll have a modern statline, I'm sure he'll be usable at worst, even if he's unlikely to be a character to shake something like the AR meta. We're rapidly approaching a point where arcane weapons ensure a fairly viable floor for any new units without a purposely gimped statlines if you're a fan of them.

True, that does help.

Honestly, while this wouldn't have been my preferred selection, I'm not terribly upset by the selection of Fates characters for this banner. I do agree that Percy would have been a better GHB here, but Hans as the GHB was gonna happen, I think everyone knew it'd be that way regardless of who was on the actual banner. I'm fine with Dwyer and I'm fine with Kiragi, they both feel overdue, and I'm even okay with Caeldori purely because I like her more than Cordelia. I wish Ophelia's slot was given to someone else, but whatever. If I had gotten to pick the characters, though, I'd have put Mozu and Scarlet on the banner, with Yukimura as the free quest unit and the Rearmed slot probably going to Takumi with a red bow.

I wasn't paying attention during the trailer, but now that the character introductions are up, I just realized that Ophelia's Special art really is something extra. I really wish I didn't have to skip this banner.

It's really lame that Rearmed Heroes get sent off to Duo Ephraim's former limbo. I don't see why they shouldn't just be added to the standard summoning pool with how unlikely it is to get any specific unit from it.

ophelia_starlit_maiden_slide03.png

So based on the 4-star special reference chart (source), I've decided to go grey into green long-term. High risk of getting Misted but also the most amount of units I'd be happy to get merges for, plus fixing my missing CYL Camilla problem would be nice. Green is mostly fodder with no real projects I'd be interested in. If it came to it I guess I'd take red over blue.

Anyway, the scheme started today with a merge for Kinoka, which is a-ok by me.

I got my second Igrene, which was nice because the first one had a bad nature.

Also, what was even changed about Sonya and Tharja? I'm sure it's something so stupid and minor but still obvious I'm going to feel dumb once you guys tell me what it is.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, what was even changed about Sonya and Tharja? I'm sure it's something so stupid and minor but still obvious I'm going to feel dumb once you guys tell me what it is.

Some of Tharja's hair phased through her cape. It was fixed. You can compare here:

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Some of Tharja's hair phased through her cape. It was fixed. You can compare here:

Lol. Like I said, so minor and stupid but so obvious that now I feel dumb for missing it 😛

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol. Like I said, so minor and stupid but so obvious that now I feel dumb for missing it 😛

So that's what it was. I looked several times and couldn't find it either, I hadn't even thought to look at the hair.

Edited by Othin

Are the units that appear in Binding Worlds the same ones you have in slot 1 of team one just like the unit that displays in AR? So does that mean we can plot together to try and help each other get different specific (book 1-4) units that we've individually built up?

If so, those of us that do plan to buy an Otherworld Bond should probably make a thread dedicated to showing off old units we've built up and talking about ones we'd like to find certain builds for (and exchange friend codes to do so). This is probably the closest we'll ever get to "trading" units. 

The thing about it that stood out the most to me was the fact that forma units gotten this way will come with currently maxed out dragon flowers! Dragon Flower are by far the biggest barrier to me building up certain old units I'd like to bring up to date. As one example, after her refine and resplendit, Karla became one unit I really wanted to build up, but to do so I'd need freaking 2600 dragon flowers!!! Now I can look for a copy of her (with premium skills I haven't given her yet) and get a forma to merge her into that has max flowers from the get go! They should really update hall of forms to do that as well, then I'd be way more tempted to buy more Forma souls! 

Too bad you can only buy one and only use one per Binding Worlds (so not using it will be a waste meaning you definitely want to find something you want!). Plenty of old units I'd like to "exchange". 

On 12/5/2022 at 1:09 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Aurgelmir is "アウルゲルミル" (aurugerumiru), "Aurgelmir".

Gullveig's epithet, "Golden Seer", is "黄金の魔女" (ōgon no majo), "Golden Witch".

Gullveig is "グルヴェイグ" (guruveigu), "Gullveig".

Added Hans's weapon and Gullveig's epithet and weapon.

Gullveig is a colorless tome cavalry with a self-Gravity Galeforce that has a 2-turn cooldown. Null Follow-Up on her weapon means she can run Windsweep or Watersweep when she becomes summonable, but having 60% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack means she'll probably prefer running something that grants stats. She has Spd Preempt as a boss in the "first" chapter, which seems kind of pointless since she doesn't get damage reduction on enemy phase and nearly died to my Valentine Robin initiating against her, which is kind of underwhelming.

Her art is very pretty. I like her hair. It is long and has pretty colors. She looks round and squishy, as expected of Yoshiku.

Seidr gives me the same vibes as Fuecoco: "あっ…バカだ。"

EDIT: If the internal names in the game files are to be trusted (they sometimes are and sometimes aren't), Hans's name in Japanese is officially "Guns".

Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wait so you don't get the book waifu for free this time around?

You do. Clear 7-13-5 on Normal. It has to be Normal, not a higher difficulty.

Almost thought it was a trick question implying the other new character was the waifu. 😮

I am glad we're getting a variety of classes for the freebies, mildly surprising perhaps. Ignoring the technical replacement duplication of Sharena with Fjorm of course.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:09 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Ophelia's epithet, "Starlit Maiden", is "選ばれし星の乙女" (erabareshi hoshi no otome), "Maiden of the Chosen Star" or "Chosen Maiden of the Stars". It's ambiguous if "選ばれし" (erabareshi), "chosen", modifies "星" (hoshi), "star(s)", or if it modifies "星の乙女" (hoshi no otome), "maiden of the star(s)".

I'm leaning towards the latter as 星 is already modifying 乙女 and the epithet is a description for Ophelia so it makes sense for "maiden" to be the main noun. 

Somewhat related but in Digimon, the DigiDestined are called 選ばれし子供 but for the sake of an example, let's call them 選ばれし現実世界の子供. In the show, it's been stated/implied that the bond between Digimon and their DigiDestined partner is the driving force behind the Digimon partners' ability to achieve higher ranks of Digivolution so the fact that they are from the real world is less important.

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 12/4/2022 at 11:31 PM, Othin said:

Looks like the Arena ticket replaces the Sacred Coins reward. Still, certainly more powerful, and I just finished upgrading the last of my non-stat seals anyway.

Oh, looks like the Sacred Coins (and Refining Stones) from the Arena didn't get dropped, they got moved to Arena Assault chain bonuses. And increased from 10 to 20, so now there's more of each available. (AA's Dragonflowers got condensed into a single chain bonus, I think for the same total of 70.)

On 12/7/2022 at 2:30 AM, Sunwoo said:

I got my second Igrene, which was nice because the first one had a bad nature.

Congrats!

Meanwhile, I spent 180 Orbs with only a sparked Ophelia and pitybreaking Ymir to show for it. I still have a 4% pity rate, but I'm going to try and leave it as is to remind myself how to save Orbs again. These last months have been crazy in three different gachas at that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Can't say I wasn't expecting the Realm of Light to show up eventually, but I can't say I expected what we got either. I'm gonna need to watch the video a few times when I have more time. My first impressions were mixed. I like the OC looks and music, but I'm also not as sold on them as I was for the previous few books. (I liked the switch from Book 3's heavy metal to Book 4's dreamy to 5's techno when it came to music and designs.) ALSO, I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS SHARENA ERASURE ANY LONGER! Also-Also, was that a young Freya? A quick Wiki peak tells me that Seidr was a type of magic in Norse Mythology rather than an explicit purpose, and Freya was the goddess associated with said magic. (As is Odin.) The book cover also doesn't appeal to me as much as previous books, but I'm sure it'll grow on me with time. 

Overall, I'm mixed and unsure of how to feel, and this is pretty normal, all things considered. It's not my favorite intro for a book, but I'm sure I'll learn to love the characters in time. 

It's been two weeks, but I can say that my feelings on the music changed by the next day. I LOVE it now. The map opening/theme reminds me of Persona 5 Royal's song "Gentle Madman" due to the piano, and I adore it.