Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

2 minutes ago, BoydSteakhouse said:

Although not really spoiler-y at all but have we seen any new skills or weapons? I'm working on a team and I'm liking what I've got so far, I just need to know more about the remaining personal/class skills as a good portion of the units I want to use haven't had theirs shown yet

Unfortunately no. There has been no new update and the leaker is still quite early on in the game (chapter 11, before anyone from Solm shows up).

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea about something that was mentioned earlier:

Spoiler

The leaked is playing as Female Alear right? An easy way to tell if perhaps Veyle is in fact related to Alear is if she says she is looking for her brother instead of sister, should you choose to play as Male Alear. Right? 

Just now, SockPuppet said:

My idea about something that was mentioned earlier:

Hide contents

The leaked is playing as Female Alear right? An easy way to tell if perhaps Veyle is in fact related to Alear is if she says she is looking for her brother instead of sister, should you choose to play as Male Alear. Right? 

Spoiler

That is the current hypothesis. The leaker is doing an all female run and no previewers who have played as male Alear have mentioned anything about what Veyle says in the beginning and if she refers to a brother so we'll have to wait and see.

Spoiler

Im hoping it isnt alear otherwise itd be really obvious... Like I would rather she just doesnt say what shes looking for, kinda like how theyve described her in promotions stuff. 

16 minutes ago, BoydSteakhouse said:

Although not really spoiler-y at all but have we seen any new skills or weapons? I'm working on a team and I'm liking what I've got so far, I just need to know more about the remaining personal/class skills as a good portion of the units I want to use haven't had theirs shown yet

Maybe not really what you need, but we have seen more skills and weapons on enemy:

Spoiler
  • Veyle's personal skill: Fell Protection, +3 dmg dealt and -1 dmg taken according to the leaker (this is actually similar to Alear's Divine Inspiring, so I think the leaker misremembers, and it's actually -3 dmg taken and +1 dmg dealt)
  • Misericorde: A powerful dagger enemy Velye has

1 hour ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Oh yeah, I don't really care for reclassing tbh and I'm happy that's they're making it a challenge to reclass, however since we know promoting also requires proficiencies, it will be annoying to say promote say Amber to a Wolf Knight if you lose Miccy and no longer have access to get knives. Tho I suppose that explains why everyone you get post chapter 10 is a prepromote, sans the royals so it removes that promotion issue.

Spoiler

we know that anna starts with bow proficiency on top of axe, so she has access to berserker or warrior when promoting. maybe the other early game units also have that? itd make the game more like fe8.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Honestly, at this point I just want confirmation that Momphir and Lindon join lololololol

No but tell me she joins goddammit-- Where is she I can't find her

Still nice to confirm that they did the completely predictable thing and killed off Morion and Hyacinth within two minutes of existing. That way I won't spend a handful of chapters being hopeful and then suffer disappointment when it happens.

Taking away rewind is a pretty bold move, though, I wonder how that will be received. And at this point I'm actively hoping Veyle is not redeemed. Evil dragon loli is more interesting than average dragon loli.

Also, Mauvier is closer to her than the other hounds? That's... interesting, considering we know for a fact he's playable. And yet he sounds like, if anything, he should be the game's Camus. Hmmm... I'll look forward to seeing how that all unfolds.

I do agree that this story seems to be moving way too fast. This is chapter 11 and already all of this shit has happened? Leaves me wondering what could be in store for all the rest of the game. As long as they don't pull a Valm and go "okay the next 10 chapters are completely unrelated to anything"... it could be interesting.

Spoiler

Ruben i hate to break it to you but Veyle is probably being redeemed somehow. Because we know Mauvier joins us. And we know Mauvier is her loyal soldier. What i can see happening though is that maybe Mauvier is worried about Veyle and he joins us in hopes of saving her. Wouldn't surprise me if Sombron is just using her as a means to an end.

I mean look at them, Mauvier and Veyle are the only bad guy designs that aren't "hey look at me, i'm evil".

5 hours ago, Azz said:

We know that by chapter 17, Firene seems to be in ruins so by the looks of it

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 12 will be us arriving in Solm, possibly will be the night chapter where Kagetsu got MVP after 31 turns, where we will meet Timerra and her retainers

Then we'll probably get the desert chapter where we see Fogado as chapter 13.

Chapter 14 could be that temple chapter where we see Seadall in his intro where he dances Ike!Alear. Hortensia and co may also join here since this is where her twt preview seems to take place

Chapter 15 will probably be the Solm palace chapter

Chapter 16 could be boat maps

Then chapter 17. It might be interesting to note that we probably will still not have our emblems back since we know Zephia has Sigurd here and Griss has Celica.

Spoiler

Ch.17 is also likely when we begin taking the Emblems back. FE averages about 25 chapters, unless it's an RD situation, those Emblem Rings have to be returned early enough. And if the time crystals were dropped by Veyle, it raises some implications as to how we get them back by Ch.17. Maybe Alear is capable of making her own? If the daughter of the Fell Dragon can, why can't the child of the Divine Dragon (i'm assuming that's how it works).

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Ruben i hate to break it to you but Veyle is probably being redeemed somehow. Because we know Mauvier joins us. And we know Mauvier is her loyal soldier. What i can see happening though is that maybe Mauvier is worried about Veyle and he joins us in hopes of saving her. Wouldn't surprise me if Sombron is just using her as a means to an end.

I mean look at them, Mauvier and Veyle are the only bad guy designs that aren't "hey look at me, i'm evil".

Spoiler

Not to mention the fact her eyes are normally purple... but when she's chasing you in chapter 11 they're fully red. Yeah, this is definitely going the possessed good girl route - Hyacinth and Morion handily proved they're not going to take too many risks here.

Of course, we could always be massively wrong. Wouldn't be the first or second time with Engage. At this point I'm just waiting to see what happens.

As long as I get Momphir, everything is fine.

Oh, actually, another thought about Weapon Proficiency. 

Spoiler

What if Leif has all or most of them in his full list when you get him to bond 20? It'd fit with his weapon master gimmick in this game and his Master Knight class in FE4, and it'd handily solve the problem.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Can we get like a condensed summary of the story so far? Kind of hard looking through the fragments of it with the various posts.

Spoiler
  • Prologue: Some kind of premonition
  • Chapter 1: Alear wakes up, the twins gets separated, fight Corrupts to save them
  • Chapter 2: Tutorial time with Lumera
  • Chapter 3: Lumera gets killed, fight Elusian, meets up with Alfred
  • Chapter 4: Meet Celine and rescue her retainers
  • Chapter 5: Fight in Firenese castle and save queen Eve
  • Chapter 6: Go find Micaiah's ring in a village, meet Yunaka
  • Chapter 7: Go to Brodia, meets Alcryst, defense the bridge against Hortensia
  • Chapter 8: Brodian defense map against Ivy. Gets Leif after complete
  • Chapter 9: Snow map, so looks like in the border between Brodia and Elusia. Fight against Ivy again. Looks like Morion is killed here, then turned into a corrupted
  • Chapter 10: Fight against Hyacinth and Hortensia. Hyacinth has Lyn, Hortensia has Byleth. At the end of chapter, Sombron eats Hyacinth. Veyle is revealed to be Lumera's killer, then she steals all the rings we have (Marth, Celica, Sigurd, Roy, Micaiah, Leif) and rewinding time crystal
  • Chapter 11: Escape map. No emblem rings or time rewinding. Enemy has stolen Emblems. Boss seems to be Veyle. The Four Hounds chase you down. Ivy joins mid map with Lyn and Lucina rings. Seems like next destination is Solm. Hortensia does not join at this point

10 minutes ago, Endomorph said:
Spoiler

What if Leif has all or most of them in his full list when you get him to bond 20? It'd fit with his weapon master gimmick in this game and his Master Knight class in FE4, and it'd handily solve the problem.

Spoiler

Leif seems to be corrupted until at least chapter 17, so I don't think that will help much

Edited by kienquocsi

9 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:
  Hide contents
  • Prologue: Some kind of premonition
  • Chapter 1: Alear wakes up, the twins gets separated, fight Corrupts to save them
  • Chapter 2: Tutorial time with Lumera
  • Chapter 3: Lumera gets killed, fight Elusian, meets up with Alfred
  • Chapter 4: Meet Celine and rescue her retainers
  • Chapter 5: Fight in Firenese castle and save queen Eve
  • Chapter 6: Go find Micaiah's ring in a village, meet Yunaka
  • Chapter 7: Go to Brodia, meets Alcryst, defense the bridge against Hortensia
  • Chapter 8: Brodian defense map against Ivy. Gets Leif after complete
  • Chapter 9: Snow map, so looks like in the border between Brodia and Elusia. Fight against Ivy again. Looks like Morion is killed here, then turned into a corrupted
  • Chapter 10: Fight against Hyacinth and Hortensia. Hyacinth has Lyn, Hortensia has Byleth. At the end of chapter, Sombron eats Hyacinth. Veyle is revealed to be Lumera's killer, then she steals all the rings we have (Marth, Celica, Sigurd, Roy, Micaiah, Leif) and rewinding time crystal
  • Chapter 11: Escape map. No emblem rings or time rewinding. Enemy has stolen Emblems. Boss seems to be Veyle. The Four Hounds chase you down. Ivy joins mid map with Lyn and Lucina rings. Seems like next destination is Solm. Hortensia does not join at this point

Thank you 

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not to mention the fact her eyes are normally purple... but when she's chasing you in chapter 11 they're fully red. Yeah, this is definitely going the possessed good girl route - Hyacinth and Morion handily proved they're not going to take too many risks here.

Of course, we could always be massively wrong. Wouldn't be the first or second time with Engage. At this point I'm just waiting to see what happens.

As long as I get Momphir, everything is fine.

Spoiler

I'm honestly more curious as to Ivy's reasoning for joining. I mean, she probably heard about what happened to dad but then in that case, why didn't Hortensia come with her. Especially since she's in the same map where she sees Hyacinth become a $1 menu meal for Sombron. Curious.

Also in regards to Veyle, she shows up in Ch.4 but.....i don't think we've seen her after that. I know there's a screenshot of Alear asking Celine if she's seen someone with the description. But Veyle has to come back before Ch.10 for the twist to make sense.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

I'm honestly more curious as to Ivy's reasoning for joining. I mean, she probably heard about what happened to dad but then in that case, why didn't Hortensia come with her. Especially since she's in the same map where she sees Hyacinth become a $1 menu meal for Sombron. Curious.

Also in regards to Veyle, she shows up in Ch.4 but.....i don't think we've seen her after that. I know there's a screenshot of Alear asking Celine if she's seen someone with the description. But Veyle has to come back before Ch.10 for the twist to make sense.

Spoiler

Maybe she tries to pull a ShadowDragon!Est?

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

I have seen someone in the same thread saying the next chapter is ship map, and Hortensia is preparing there for the gang to escape, hence why she does not come with Ivy. Now there's no guaranteed, but that's a neat theory.

11 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have seen someone in the same thread saying the next chapter is ship map, and Hortensia is preparing there for the gang to escape, hence why she does not come with Ivy. Now there's no guaranteed, but that's a neat theory.

Spoiler

A sound theory and would make sense with the order of things. We're going clockwise and it'd be weird to leave out most of the Elusian units only to come back for them later.

Which makes it even funnier that we get them before the Solmese units, because the relationship chart has nothing about Elusia.

Lots of interesting stuff here

Spoiler

I hope this means Veyle will be a full.blown villain

I am suspecting Lumera of being the sister Veyle is looking for.

Spoiler

The description of the tome made me hopeful, then I noticed the red eyes. Those look like the corrupted Emblem eyes.

7 hours ago, Azz said:

Also,

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure you lose your rewind ability for a bit which is certainly a ballsy move and I enjoy it

Spoiler

I wanna believe this is true, but it sounds way too ballsy for IS to do.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Wasn't she one of the bosses in the map her dad died on? Watched it first hand

You know, I've been so distracted by Momphir that I've completely forgotten my previous hope for a badass older lady.

...we still know absolutely nothing about Sfoglia, do we? Not even her localized name, which is 100% going to be different, like every other Solm name. And Ève's still at large as well, unless I've missed something.. Though I doubt she'll last past Firene on fire. Either way, there's still cope hope for a playable monarch.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I've been so distracted by Momphir that I've completely forgotten my previous hope for a badass older lady.

...we still know absolutely nothing about Sfoglia, do we? Not even her localized name, which is 100% going to be different, like every other Solm name. And Ève's still at large as well, unless I've missed something.. Though I doubt she'll last past Firene on fire. Either way, there's still cope hope for a playable monarch.

There is a severe lack of older characters in Engage. Even Three houses a game about teaching students had a somewhat reasonable amount of playable older characters. 

1 minute ago, hadosama said:

There is a severe lack of older characters in Engage. Even Three houses a game about teaching students had a somewhat reasonable amount of playable older characters. 

Well... A few days ago I would've agreed with you, but it's less severe since the artbook leaks.

Spoiler

We already had Vandad. Now, we also have Momphir and Lindpa. That's three oldies. It's arguably a bit less than Houses's oldies, but it depends on what you count as old. Other than Hanneman and Gilbert, every "oldie" in Houses was just middle-aged. These three are decidedly intended to be old, white hair, wrinkles, the works. Besides, if we're counting the likes of Alois and Manuela, we gotta count Mauvier as well for Engage. So four oldies.

On the other hand, Mauvier or no, it is undeniable that Engage kicks the butt out of every other FE since New Mystery. Fates had Gunter and like, Reina and Shura kinda, though they're a stretch. Echoes had Nomah and Mycen. Awakening had Gregor, who says he's old but doesn't even look that old.

That's all unimportant, however, because the real kicker here is Saphir. There has only been a single playable old woman in FE, Niime. That's it, she was all alone until now. Saphir is a huge deal in this regard.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spoiler

At the point they are at in the game, the leaker is heading to Solm so we’ll hear aboit Sfoglia soon hopefully

Speaking of the leaked characters, there's one thing I've been thinking about one of them.

Spoiler

So I (and everyone else, it seems) have been completely distracted by Momphir. And no wonder, a playable old woman, after all these years! However, there is one interesting little detail about Lindon that I've been thinking about. Everything about him is so unassuming. He's just a regular priest. He's old, he's wearing white, he appears peaceable, nothing about him stands out. He's just another Wendell/Yodel type.

...Except, he's from Elusia. You know, the nation that worships the big bad dragon. He's the priestest priest to ever priest... and yet he comes from the same nation as Engage's obligatory evil cult.

I wonder if this will factor into his character, and how. There have been redeemed cultists in the series before, but none of them were so... light-looking as this dude. He's a lot less obvious than the likes of Salem. He's also a lot less obvious than Hyacinth. What's up with that? Not to mention his oddly tormented facial expression in the 3D render and the concept art both... The more I think about him, the more I feel he's going to be a deceptively interesting character.

Though of course maybe I'm stretching and he's going to be big bore - but then, I can always fall back on "old man that punches" to make him interesting

Just now, Azz said:
  Hide contents

At the point they are at in the game, the leaker is heading to Solm so we’ll hear aboit Sfoglia soon hopefully

Do me a solid, @ me if Sfoglia playable dream comes true