Intelligent Systems asks you to add six* more Bracelets: who do you choose?

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

As much as I'd love to see Engage's take on Triangle Attack, Alm would definitely have more significance for Celica. For the sake of variety though, my only hope is that he'd have a bow or two, like Lucina~

I feel like you'd have to have both the Royal Sword and Falchion in there. So he'd likely end up with exactly the same Sword-Bow-Sword line up as Lucina.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I feel like you'd have to have both the Royal Sword and Falchion in there. So he'd likely end up with exactly the same Sword-Bow-Sword line up as Lucina.

That's what I had in mind, and while it's not optimal I can accept it. Actually, since Royal Sword has more going for it in Echoes, it'd be a cool twist to make Falchion his basic sword for a change.

I’m a bit basic but im

Okay with that 

-Alm-Great guy, and to differentiate him, I’d make him focus on leadership. Give him a boost in stats when his wielder is the first to move. Emblem skill can call Ram village units (generic archer, swordsman, mage, and Pegasus/griffon flyer) but with Celica by him we can move them the same turn as summoning    

-Seliph/Julia-Of course! Julia would also be our first “backpack” female emblem so that’s cool to me. Horse combat, and magic skills. Unlike Chrom/Robin, this emblem will be more like Eirika/Ephraim and change focus based on the wielders higher stat. 

-Nanna-Another healing emblem, but Calvary. No sacrifice but instead, some sort of light magic skill? To be honest I haven’t played Thracia in years so im

remembering things from Heroes but trying not to. 

-Lilina-I don’t think we need so many mages as now they’d be competing with swordsman, but she’s hectors kid, a great heroine, and we don’t have an explicitly fire magic wielder yet anyway. 

-Joshua-I want to say Innes and Tana, but innes getting Robin/Claude/Dimi treatment whej Ephraim didn’t would be wrong  plus Joshua could be a throwing knife emblem! Lief does it but more out of necessity than fitting  

Also he’s my favorite FE8 character and I am bias  

-Pelleas-The other Daein king, in some ways a counterpart to both Micaiah and Soren, one kf the few good aligned Dark Magic wielders, and a dark magic focused emblem (with berserk to reference izuna plot?) 

I honestly think sothe is more realistic and far more popular, but Pelleas is an unsung hero who never gets the love he deserves as a character or plot device, and should be given more attention  

and that’s a wrap! 
ny only regret is no F.Shez but the house lords made it impossible  honestly necklaces if Itsuki, Shez, Rowan and Lianne, Anna’s many forms, and Emma/Shade would be a dream 

1 hour ago, SynthGreen said:

-Nanna-Another healing emblem, but Calvary. No sacrifice but instead, some sort of light magic skill? To be honest I haven’t played Thracia in years so im

remembering things from Heroes but trying not to.

Nanna's exclusive weapon in Thracia is the Earth Sword, a nosferatu based weapon. Which would be pretty dang cool as an Emblem weapon. No light magic to speak of. She should logically be able to use the Bragi Sword too, but can't...possibly because of sexism, but also possibly as an oversight, since Galzus absolutely should be able to use it to and can't.

As far as what mechanics from Thracia she could use, well, yeah, staves are a big deal in Thracia. Yet, despite that, they are mostly just the regular staves from the series. The game design just pushes them. I suppose if we wanted something special she could steal Tina. Otherwise it would be the standard Warp/Rewarp/Rescue stuff. Though there is a bit of an issue that Micaiah already can do that stuff as an Emblem, and probably as well as such a niche can be done. I suppose just having Warp as an emblem weapon instead of a weapon that consumes uses would be nice, but not as nice as group rewarp. And I don't think she should just straight up steal Micaiah's mechanic. I guess she could have Berserk, but that as an infinite use EMbelm weapon would be kind of too broken.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Nanna's exclusive weapon in Thracia is the Earth Sword, a nosferatu based weapon. Which would be pretty dang cool as an Emblem weapon. No light magic to speak of. She should logically be able to use the Bragi Sword too, but can't...possibly because of sexism, but also possibly as an oversight, since Galzus absolutely should be able to use it to and can't.

Eh, no, she can use the sword. You're right about Galzus (and Mareeta for that matter) should be able as well but can't, though.

Both swords would totally fit her if she were an Emblem, definitely. Specially since Leif didn't got the Braggi Sword despite being intended to be used by him. Though too bad Hector already has the Runesword (which is effectively the Lands Sword but without being a Prf).

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

As far as what mechanics from Thracia she could use, well, yeah, staves are a big deal in Thracia. Yet, despite that, they are mostly just the regular staves from the series. The game design just pushes them. I suppose if we wanted something special she could steal Tina. Otherwise it would be the standard Warp/Rewarp/Rescue stuff. Though there is a bit of an issue that Micaiah already can do that stuff as an Emblem, and probably as well as such a niche can be done. I suppose just having Warp as an emblem weapon instead of a weapon that consumes uses would be nice, but not as nice as group rewarp. And I don't think she should just straight up steal Micaiah's mechanic. I guess she could have Berserk, but that as an infinite use EMbelm weapon would be kind of too broken.

Maybe Ward/Barrier as an option?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, no, she can use the sword. You're right about Galzus (and Mareeta for that matter) should be able as well but can't, though.

Both swords would totally fit her if she were an Emblem, definitely. Specially since Leif didn't got the Braggi Sword despite being intended to be used by him. Though too bad Hector already has the Runesword (which is effectively the Lands Sword but without being a Prf).

Maybe Ward/Barrier as an option?

The interesting thing about the barrier staff in Thracia is that magic and res are the same stat. So it turns from a staff you useually just spam for exp because increasing resistance is too situational, into a crazy powerful staff that increases magic damage by 7 (in a game with universal caps of 20). Magic stats are also used for accuracy on some staves, so, yeah, Thracia's barrier staff is actually really good and could certianly be an avenue to explore for an Emblem mechanic.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The interesting thing about the barrier staff in Thracia is that magic and res are the same stat. So it turns from a staff you useually just spam for exp because increasing resistance is too situational, into a crazy powerful staff that increases magic damage by 7 (in a game with universal caps of 20). Magic stats are also used for accuracy on some staves, so, yeah, Thracia's barrier staff is actually really good and could certianly be an avenue to explore for an Emblem mechanic.

Yep, Barrier is quite busted there.

Considering Engage does have a separate Res stat, perhaps this Emblem Barrier would still increase Res, but Nanna herself could have a skill that adds some Res to Might total. Thus fulfilling the old formula while still increasing Res.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, I think we had something of a conversation like this in the past, and what you said is basically what I'd do. But, here we go.

Archanea has Marth and Tiki already.

Valentia has Celica. Let's give her Alm. Plus, he has an amiibo, right? So, we could get more stuff from the amiibo gazebo (I just love that rhyme.) If he wasn't such an obvious pick, I would indeed like to see Conrad being the sweet, enthusiastic brother to Celica. Hmm that said, I wonder if he'd be able to have a presence when interacting with other characters. For example, Soren attaches himself to Ike, but he also has very clear dynamics with others (mostly just being predictably dry and prickly, but it's still an interaction form.) I'm not sure how Conrad would really interact with others...

FE4 and 5 can have Seliph. He's one's cousin and, well...can you imagine how sweet the reuniting meeting would be between father and son? (Man, I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing.)

Elibe has Lyn, Hector, and Roy. So, what if we brought in Eliwood? He could very well have good interactions with all three of them. I'm also fond of Lilina making it in for the Hector and Roy hilarity.

Lyon is an obvious choice for Magvel. BUT since the game's main plot kind of revolves around him, it may be a bit tough to bring him in. Complicated and all that. So...Seth, maybe? Or, we could do something totally unexpected and bring in Fado. If we want to bring in another paired unit, though, we could bring in Innes with Tana as the not-quite-emblem like what happened to Ephraim, too.

FE9 has Ike and Soren, and FE10 has Micaiah, but all of them know each other. So, why not bring in someone with ties to all of them (though more Ike and Micaiah than Soren)? Of course, I'm talking about Oliver Sothe (grown-up version.) We could get some fun conversations between him and Micaiah, but also between him and Ike.

Fates has Corrin and (for some reason not Azura) Camilla.

3H has Byleth and the house lords.

And now for the part that wasn't even addressed: Heroes. Heroes has Veronica, but no second rep. So, why not your friendly world-exploring bull, Askr? Bruno would be nice, too, but it makes a lot more sense to me that the guy who was born of the world tree would be the one to visit other worlds, you know? Plus, then we could have another transforming emblem, which could be fun.

I originally was working on an extremely long and detailed post for Emblem bracelets I would've put in, down to specific skills, but I decided that was lame and that I'd go with brief overviews instead. I should also note these suggestions forgo the guidance of the opening post and just pick characters I like or think would be fun. That was true even of the unnecessarily long post, not to say this one is brief.

On 4/15/2023 at 12:27 AM, Jotari said:

Thracia's barrier staff is actually really good and could certianly be an avenue to explore for an Emblem mechanic.

While I didn't pick a Thracia character for this, I think a Engage staff which gives +7 resistance and +7 magic would actually be great. It would immediate offensive and defensive applications without being too broken.

Anyway. As for the Emblems I would add:

1. Alm. Since Gaiden is one of the few games where you can fight without a weapon, Alm would be much-needed art-focused emblem, using rings as brass knuckles and shields as bashing tools. He teaches the Arts Power series and his Engage Attack is Upheaval, which freezes and damages all enemies within 4 tiles in a massive quake. Upheaval breaks targets for Qi Adepts while Dragons increase its reach.
  2. Eliwood. C'mon guys. He's the only FE7 lord not there, and he's the main one on the box! He'd be a lance-focused Emblem with a specific focus on lifting up straggling units/stats rather than stacking them, as most emblems enable. For example, his type bonuses give extra move to foot classes so they can keep up with mounted ones. When paired with Eliwood, all of a unit's basic stats are raised to a certain minimum, probably dependent on bond level or some other factor. He could even have support abilities that buff him and nearby allies (either with an aura or a rally) based on the various affinities from the GBA games. His Engage weapons are the Axereaver, Maltet, and finally Durandal.
  3. Caellach. One of the many FE8 villains I am unnaturally fond of. His Swordslayer does effective damage to units wielding swords, and he can even get Garm as his final engage weapon. Since we have skills which grant mixed stats (like str/dex), Caellach might have skills that grant both Dodge and hit or avoid. Another skill line he offers is Stone Breaker, which increases the damage of attacks than can break, sort of like a reverse Arms Shield that also applies to smashing weapons.
  4. Lyon. As done dirty as Ephraim was for basically no reason, I honestly don't think he's interesting enough to put in even as the second FE8 choice. In addition to tomes and staves, Lyon would be able to use Demon King weapons, like the powerful smashing arts weapon Ravager. He would also be able to grant revival stones and summon monsters, with the exact type depending on the unit's type. Fliers summon Gargoyles, cavalry summon Maelduins, and Dragons summon 4-tile DracoZombies. Though, I think an Engage Skill to summon 1 HP phantoms could also be interesting.
  5. Volke. He's cool. Way cooler than Sothe. What does he do? No idea. He's a dagger emblem, and we could use one of those. Surprise Attack and Alacrity already take functions that would suit him, so we'll have to get creative. Perhaps, as the Fireman, he turns fire tiles from a penalty into a benefit which he can get avoid from. Maybe he ignores enemy terrain or gets crit bonuses to reflect his assassinations. We don't have a "+Crit" skill line to my knowledge- might as well have Volke do it.
  6. Male Corrin. I was very disappointed that the regular Corrin uses all swords despite them being one of the few lords to actually have good weapon options. As such, I think a Male Corrin who uses other weapons from Fates could be fun. His design is based on the Hoshido Noble class, and he is clearly more Hoshidan in general. His Engage Weapons are the Sting Shuriken, the Moon Festal, and the Dragonstone. To differentiate him from F!Corrin/Camilla, and to create a parallel with Lucina, M!Corrin's Engage Skill is Dragon Ward, which lets you perform chain guards even if you aren't a Qi Adept. M!Corrin still references dragon veins with his Engage Attack, Divine Wind, which boosts the movement of allies and reduces the movement of enemies by amounts dependent on the user's type. +2/-2 for allies/enemies could be a good "default" amount. Covert makes your units ignore terrain movement penalties. Armors either reduce enemy movement more or give all your units the same move so that armors no longer fall behind. Fliers would only increase the move of other fliers, but do so by a greater amount than normal. There's clear inspiration from Hinoka here.

I am very disappointed Saul is not a bond ring with Gentilhomme. I actually like that skill and Mademoiselle quite a bit. Lovely duality there.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed