Special Heroes - Bridal Dreams

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would assume that they de-equip Sing/Dance from at least one unit during those runs, as running the entire team with Sing/Dance equipped functionally makes the entire team have no Assist skill equipped.

Rein Snap grants its full effect even on a dancer as long as it doesn't have the Sing/Dance skill equipped.

The thing I'm wondering is whether or not it does apply the effect to teammates that have Dance on or not. The distinction isn't noted in Snap's description, so on one hand I'm hopeful, but on the other hand IntSys hasn't been as good with distinctions in skill descriptions as they used to be. I'll patiently wait for science to be done before I pull, because nothing else on the banner interests me unless I want to spark the Harmonic.

At any rate, I still reserve the right to feel attacked. Is this the first time a skill has actively excluded Dancers?

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Have you seen this guy clear Abyssal Hero Battles? Dude will pull Rearmed Heroes for as many dancers as he has who needs Arcane weapons.

Dancers are his whole thing.

You have no idea how much I'm dreading the Arcane dagger.

This banner, imo, is so boring.

What is that Harmonized Hero? It is a good unit don't get me wrong... But Harmonized Heroes are for Resonant Battles and that pair will be very bad to be used in that mode. At least they should have Mov+1 in the weapon.

Also... A Far Savior without Distant Counter? So you really need to waste the S slot with It?

This banner is a very easy skip to me. Which is a good thing, so I can focus on the Fallan Banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Bridal banners rank amongst my least favourite so I don't mind too much that I find this banner to be pretty boring.

Still Robin already got his alts and Awakening itself did't give the avatarsexual group a lot so work with so I really don't care about them. I like Flavia though so I guess I might try my hand at her at 4 stars at least.

Not much here for me. Main question is whether I try to grab a Flavia or not. Otherwise, using my orbs on sparking either the upcoming New Heroes banner or even going back to the Fallen banner is more attractive.

- Harmonic Tikis. Big Tiki looks nice. Little Tiki not so much. Dead weight for me in terms of a unit.

- Anna looks fine, just a fairly generic but strong ranged cavalry nuke who gets the bonus of having Canto in their weapon instead of in the B-slot.

- Say'ri is light on skills, but the one new skill does happen to be very good. But that simply means waiting for it or variants of it to appear on future units.

- Flavia is saved from being a sword infantry, thankfully. And crucially this leads on to her finally unlocking Rearmed Lif's inheritance options. Granted I only have one Lif so far, so full value won't be unlocked until I get another and multiply Ruptured Sky or a fourth-tier B-skill, but the option will be there for the future.

Edited by Humanoid

Ooookay, so... This feels kind of dumb, have to say. I guess at least the one groom is free? The two Tikis is just...I don't know. Feels redundant, as well as sort of a cop-out. More fuel for the people who joke about how A!Tiki can't exist as a unit without Y!Tiki, though. And then there's Anna's just...cringe-worthy, ugly greed. Bluh. Eh, what're you going to do? It's a costume festival, not an actual wedding. On the more positive side, I love the look of Say'ri's weapon, but it doesn't look inheritable. Her dress is pretty, too. Loving Flavia's devotion to using her strength for her husband and country. I thought that was really sweet.

Also, props to whoever guessed this would be a Robin's brides banner.

And then there's the obvious joke:

Valentine's Day 2022: Robin and Chrom = best buddies.

Fire Emblem Engage: Robin and Chrom are such good buddies that they share a bracelet.

Robin as Bridal Dreams approaches: Hey, Chrom, since we're such great friends, I wanted you to be the first to hear the good news! I get to enjoy a festival surrounded by potential brides! It's going to be great! Well, catch you later!

Chrom: *fallen version happens* I LIKED GRIMA BETTER ANYWAY!

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

The thing I'm wondering is whether or not it does apply the effect to teammates that have Dance on or not. The distinction isn't noted in Snap's description, so on one hand I'm hopeful, but on the other hand IntSys hasn't been as good with distinctions in skill descriptions as they used to be. I'll patiently wait for science to be done before I pull, because nothing else on the banner interests me unless I want to spark the Harmonic.

The Japanese skill description is pretty clear that it works as long as unit with the skill equipped doesn't have Dance/Sing:

この効果はスキル所持者が
「歌う」「踊る」スキルを装備していない時のみ発動

kono kōka wa sukiru shojisha ga
"utau" "odoru" sukiru o sōbi shite inai toki nomi hatsudō

This effect activates only when
the owner of this skill does not have Sing or Dance equipped

And again, based on the fact that it only applies to the unit with the skill equipped and armored and melee infantry allies, it's highly likely that the skill can only be equipped on melee fliers.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also... A Far Savior without Distant Counter? So you really need to waste the S slot with It?

Distant Counter in the Sacred Seal slot is at least more efficient than Distant Counter in the A slot. Sure, it's not as efficient as Distant Counter on the weapon, but everyone knows that they'd drop one of the weapon's fancy effects if they gave it Distant Counter, and, if so, that would actually make it still less efficient than Distant Counter in the Sacred Seal slot.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fates banner with the Corrinsexuals, probably.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting that this would be the way we finally get Reina and Scarlet in the game, but you know what? I will take it.

I’d be up for this, especially if Izana and Shura are part of it.

Actually, I’d rather just have a normal New Heroes banner like that.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Dancers are his whole thing.

I know. It is very impressive.

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

You have no idea how much I'm dreading the Arcane dagger.

Have you +10 all Dancers/Singers and got them all Arcane Weapons (besides dagger, green tome, and blue tome for obvious reasons)? Even the Dancers/Singers who are Special, Legendary, Mythic, Duo, and Harmonized Heroes? Do you also pull extra Arcane Weapons for future Dancers/Singers that get released?

What about pseudo Dancers/Singers like Marianne: Serene Adherent, Lucina: Glorious Archer, Lucina: Future Fondness, Chrom: Crowned Exalt, Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo, Chrom: Fated Honor, and Chrom: Fell Exalt?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And again, based on the fact that it only applies to the unit with the skill equipped and armored and melee infantry allies, it's highly likely that the skill can only be equipped on melee fliers.

In the English description, it states that one of the triggers is melee armor in range. But in the application of effect, it just states armor in general. Does that mean ranged armor will not trigger the movement buff if it is just ranged armor and Rein Snapper, but ranged armor can receive the movement buff if there is another melee armor or melee infantry in range of the Rein Snapper?

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

In the English description, it states that one of the triggers is melee armor in range. But in the application of effect, it just states armor in general. Does that mean ranged armor will not trigger the movement buff if it is just ranged armor and Rein Snapper, but ranged armor can receive the movement buff if there is another melee armor or melee infantry in range of the Rein Snapper?

"Armored ally" and "infantry ally with Range = 1" are separate.

Both the trigger and the effect are for all armored units and for melee infantry units.

Sacred Seals
Def/Res Catch as the 10,000 score reward, Rouse Spd/Def as the 20,000 score reward

Groom Robin's kit
Ring of Affiance+ (R Tome version of Flavia's weapon), Draw Back, -, Spd/Res Catch 3, Spd/Res Snag 3, -

Yeah sorry IS, I'm not getting baited by those Spd skills Robin has. You're still only giving him 38 Spd at best, aren't you?

Y'know, I wonder if Bride Tharja will make an appearance now that Groom Robin's shown up. She's been waiting for this, after, all, I'm sure...

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fates banner with the Corrinsexuals, probably.

I had to stop and think about who those characters even are, haha. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I liked that they used a bunch of Binding Blade characters last year, and this year is giving is Robin and Tiki, but...I'm definitely not a fan of harem themes.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I had to stop and think about who those characters even are, haha. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I liked that they used a bunch of Binding Blade characters last year, and this year is giving is Robin and Tiki, but...I'm definitely not a fan of harem themes.

Well, they could shake it up still. Like, next time they use from both Male and Female options.

But yeah, perhaps next time they could do a different theme altogether. It's worth pointing out we also got that Binding Blade banner that was pretty much Zelot and his family (plus Catria and Saul).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah sorry IS, I'm not getting baited by those Spd skills Robin has. You're still only giving him 38 Spd at best, aren't you?

Hey, guess what?

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

bridal-dreams-lvl-1-and-40-stats-v0-k76m

38 Spd ended up being too optimistic. Only one Robin (Rearmed Female) out of twelve has above 40 Spd.

We Put a Tiki in Your Tiki (Tiki & Tiki)
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): Def

Married to Money (Anna)
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Actually Has English Voice Acting This Time (Say'ri)
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res

Butch Bride (Flavia)
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Rouse Atk/Spd 3 is the 4 star unlock.

IS's Latest Male Victim (Robin)
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Spd/Res Catch 3 is the 4 star unlock.

Edited by Tybrosion

Well. That paralogue was shallow and uncomfortable. Seriously felt like a Tiki fan (who ships her with Marth) wrote it. On the upside, I appreciate Flavia's dedication (even though she only had 1 line) and poor Robin... Heheh man, just the realism of "I thought this was supposed to be a festival, but will I survive this..?"

Yeesh. Come on, Robin... you could have a little more Spd than that. Not even a super boon on Spd. Good Atk at least, the highest between red tome cavs. I would have lowered his Res by at least 2, and put that points on Spd.

I was planning to skip this banner, but I usually do the full free summon circle. And I got 2 off-focus 5-star heroes, putting my focus charge at 2. Now I am a little tempted in keep summoning to see if I can get Tiki more easily. But I will wait to see what the Mid-Book banner has to offer.

Even with Adult Tiki as the lead unit, the paralogue just further proved who IS considers the true star. I don`t wanna be one of those "is HaTeS aWaKeNiNg TiKi" people, but both the paralogue and "Meet the Heroes" focusing on Young Tiki feels very deliberate/spiteful.

Part of me feels like they kept emphasizing that it was a "fake wedding" to try and avoid uncomfortable implications. It failed, I was uncomfortable for that entire scene and was only further convinced child characters should stay away from these kind of banners.

At least Flavia and Say`ri had some fun dialogue, and their designs are nice.

9 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Part of me feels like they kept emphasizing that it was a "fake wedding" to try and avoid uncomfortable implications. It failed, I was uncomfortable for that entire scene and was only further convinced child characters should stay away from these kind of banners.

Oh yeah! There was this whole drama about this when Sanaki got revealed on the Bridal banner back in the day. It seemed the FEH community learned to live with loli's on the banner, begrudgingly or not since I didn't hear much complaints about it this time.

9 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Even with Adult Tiki as the lead unit, the paralogue just further proved who IS considers the true star. I don`t wanna be one of those "is HaTeS aWaKeNiNg TiKi" people, but both the paralogue and "Meet the Heroes" focusing on Young Tiki feels very deliberate/spiteful.

That said since Groom Mar Mar is there too I suppose a focus on young Tiki makes some sense. Of the two Tiki's she's the most likely to want to go to the altar with mar-mar. Which I actually don't like all that much. Tiki's shown to adore Caeda too, so her insisting she and Marth go would probably be more in character. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm honestly too tired of IS's shit to post outrage about it on SF anymore. But I'm certainly not happy to see Young Tiki here, and especially not as Adult Tiki's backpack. Like ... it's weird, but I can't help but feel that Adult Tiki got robbed despite being the lead unit in this Harmonic. She could've led a duo or a harmonic with a more interesting parter, like any adult dragon, or even with Marth on a different banner. Instead she got, um ... herself.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh yeah! There was this whole drama about this when Sanaki got revealed on the Bridal banner back in the day. It seemed the FEH community learned to live with loli's on the banner, begrudgingly or not since I didn't hear much complaints about it this time.

From what I`ve seen, people interpreted it as her being Adult Tiki`s flower girl, so they had less issue with it. Most of the outrage was at Adult Tiki not being a solo unit or how boring of a duo we got.