Teehee Madness 3 - Fire Emblem x Pokemon Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Newtype06

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

8Iy8pS5t_o.png

The plan is to bait his Grovyle after beating his Slugma with Dennis so that Nelson one-shots him with Guts-boosted Wing Attack (with the help of Toxic Spikes).

Fair enough, straightforward.

This fight is weird in how often it causes losses.

GJ1Nj8hw_o.png0PbOomJs_o.png

Now I really regret Brendan not having a Wingull this time, farewell Slappy.

i8ffbJqB_o.png

How can you tell?

I mean, when I first played this Mauville was a bit of a shock to me.

GhhzL8Uc_o.png

Well that was anticlimactic. Mia one-shotted him with Bite

It wasn't even super effective, smh.

hBVn0Ghy_o.png

And last but not least

Well that's most of the game crushed.

We add Nick the Marill to the team! Luckily his ability is Huge Power

Zakl5wp4_o.pnghDW4sf3x_o.png

Usable Azumarill!

Take it all the way?

I put a Cheri Berry on Mia so I could safely two shot the Magnemite with Rock Smash. This baited his Magneton, who after having his attack lowered and being hit by a +1 Draining Kiss, was promptly one-shotted by Theresa's Bulldoze, which swept the rest of his team as well.

Wait, I'm missing how well Draining Kiss would do against Magneton? But the boost does come from Lightningrod....

(Considering Light Ball is actually available, would you go for it?)

vLPFa3NV_o.png

I was worried about this Gym, but it was easier than the battle against the rival

Guess he shorted out this time.

Persona 4.

The costumes are official?

Mod?

I can't believe simps is in the script.

>Checks a Let's Play, it's real.

*It hurt itself in it's baffled anger!

Pokestar>>>>>>>>Contests

Unova stans keep winning

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

asLYkP2.png

F

No more poison strike tactics for me

Oh jeez, two of my next four captures, I really have to plan upcoming routes now.

I guess I should get over Burgh then.

Spoiler

The good thing about having so few 'mons at the minute is that there's less training to be done, but I think I'll try to keep the Battle Company for my next usable catch. With Frain being once again the best option for his ace (mainly due to resistance, Gordie's issue with sweeping is that the Dwebble will demolish him), I still would prefer to have the others ready too. Training first. I go to Game Freak's office, where I find a useless revive and two battles. They're repeateble, which will be nice for future members, But they're very low for them. After those two, I return to the sewers for more fights, rejecting Reversal on Gordie, finding Leftovers, finding a person who can give free medicine, evolving Abelanne and teaching her Confuse Ray before moving to the empty lot for Audino grinding to 20 for the others before the gym trainers. The second one I face is a Lilligant. Jeez.

I go through the trainers, with the first three being no issue while the last one I decide to try Drauis with and he nearly dies in a 1v1 against a Dwebble but wins and I can switch in Frain to fight the Swadloon after it. I leave then to level everyone up for the Gym battle (Leaving the Battle Company for a future member), with Drauis nearly dying the first time due to Attract immobilising a bunch and doing it again (Consequences of being Male and being attract targets), robbing some berries too and getting the Eviolite before facing Burgh. This took a lot longer than this bit of text would expect. Gordie starts on the Swadloon with the Amulet Coin, 1-shotting before I swap to Frain. After knocking the Dwebble low with Force Palm, I realise I should use Work Up for Leavanny and let Burgh use a healing item, because Dwebble does so poorly a Leftovers heals back the damage. I activate Sturdy with my next attack, only to Quick Attack afterwards, ready for the Leavanny. Work Up Return 1-shots, we're done. I get the badge and Struggle Bug, along with the right to go to Route 4.

TL;DR: Couple of scares for Drauis, but no incidents beyond that. Checkpoint reached.

Little worried about the next few routes, I think I might ask about what routes I should skip.

On 9/15/2023 at 6:45 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

asLYkP2.png

F

No more poison strike tactics for me

You forgot to add Nick the Marill, Shrimpy. Sorry, can't do it myself, I barely know how to use Paint.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

This fight is weird in how often it causes losses.

It's hard if you chose Mudkip.

I mean, when I first played this Mauville was a bit of a shock to me.

Do you want to know what was a shock to me when I first played? The Battle Frontier

Where is it?

Take it all the way?

Probably, if we don't fuck up.

Wait, I'm missing how well Draining Kiss would do against Magneton? But the boost does come from Lightningrod....

Less effective than Electro Ball, but it recovers our HP, so it's useful for stalling

(Considering Light Ball is actually available, would you go for it?)

It might come in handy for the sixth Gym.

The costumes are official?

No, that is a mod.

Little worried about the next few routes, I think I might ask about what routes I should skip.

Whatever you do, try to get a Sandile and/or Trapinch. They'll help against Elesa.

26 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's hard if you chose Mudkip.

Let's be real, it's weird that all of these versions of this rival fight have a different pool of non-starter mons, right?

RS has Wailmer/Numel/Shroomish, E has Wingull/Slugma/Lombre and ORAS has Slugma/Wailmer/Shroomish, a combination of the two.

30 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

No, that is a mod.

I figured, but who knows in this weird world of licensing?

27 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Whatever you do, try to get a Sandile and/or Trapinch. They'll help against Elesa.

Another possibility: Drilbur is available because Relic Passage isn't closed at the south. 80% odds in Dust Clouds. Even if I get screwed with  Onix Rock type helps with Flame Charge.

And I have an eviolite for all of these options.

My problem is which routes do I take chances on when several routes will have to be scrapped for me to account for deaths? I mentioned it before with Gordie about my personal use of legacy rules as a functional dupe clause in most cases and ignoring it there, but it'd apply to Sandshrew, which does reduce the risk of getting that in the Resort/Castle if I were to do so, but it'd be a little against the spirit of this run.

And none of this mentions the possibility of waiting on Relic Castle for Volcarona or Route 4 for Braviary.

On 9/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, Punished Dayni said:

And a sin I must confess.

Ah don't worry about it, playing some other games in the down times to keep from burning out is a good idea anyway.

. After heading towards the city, we get immediately jumped by a clown, who asks us to look for other clowns and gives us a bike.

It is odd how often that can happen in pokemon games, as I seem to remember it being a thing in Jubilife as well...

some sassy lost child shows up saying she'll help look for Plasma 2: Icy Boogaloo.

Lol, with that sassy lass being the champion, it seems amusingly reminiscent of Path of Radiance Sanaki.

which turns out to be a low level Zubat. He gets called Chloeda, one of the ones I never get to use.

Oof, Crobat is almost always a great 'mon in a Nuzlocke, so that is an unfortunate loss.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, Punished Dayni said:

Can't think of enough cases where Liquid Ooze would be very useful personally, so Clear Body seems the better choice to my mind.

The only thing I can really think of is the Rival fights.

They'll argue Aqua paid to get in and are causing no scenes..... so far.

Truly, they are desperate and need the money.

I find this funny given the dialogue you get about some of the grunts talking their way into free entry, and that you get free entry as part of the Aqua group if you don't have the money for it...

People seemed to defend Warrior Anna with Radiant Bow if I recall Engage discourse.

Hmmm...I think I might take your advice on the Warrior Anna (as she has better bow rank on her).

Now the queen being missing sucks.

Yeah, it is really odd how we never see more than one parent from any of the royal families...

What is with this arc and people doing Suicide by combat?

It is an odd recurrence through arc.

Please don't, I still don't have a full party and won't before Nimbasa at best

Gen 5 is so very restrictive with its early game encounter availability isn't it.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:38 PM, Newtype06 said:

I was expecting Wailmer to use the super effective Rollout, so I sent Slappy, but he preferred to use Whirpool, which critted and left Slappy trapped. Unfortunately I couldn't do anything else to save him.

Oof, the random move leading to death is brutal, especially with his linked troop being one of my few promoted units so far.

6eXtTaYr_o.pngGhhzL8Uc_o.png

Well that was anticlimactic. Mia one-shotted him with Bite

Classic crushing of all of Wally's dreams right there.

xLMLroEu_o.pngS7MRkTwV_o.png

We add Nick the Marill to the team! Luckily his ability is Huge Power

OOOH, now that is a lucky get for the good ability on Marill.

I put a Cheri Berry on Mia so I could safely two shot the Magnemite with Rock Smash. This baited his Magneton, who after having his attack lowered and being hit by a +1 Draining Kiss, was promptly one-shotted by Theresa's Bulldoze, which swept the rest of his team as well.

Glad to see the cosplay Pikachu got a bit of time to shine in that battle with the Volt Absorb starts.

On 9/19/2023 at 5:17 AM, Punished Dayni said:

The good thing about having so few 'mons at the minute is that there's less training to be done

Looking on the bright side of all those losses I see 😛

finding Leftovers

Wow, I can't believe they give you that good of held item this early in this game.

I realise I should use Work Up for Leavanny and let Burgh use a healing item, because Dwebble does so poorly a Leftovers heals back the damage. I activate Sturdy with my next attack, only to Quick Attack afterwards, ready for the Leavanny. Work Up Return 1-shots, we're done. I get the badge and Struggle Bug, along with the right to go to Route 4.

Nice job using the healing turn to your full advantage there.

Now for the first part of the trap, chapter 10

Spoiler

So fun fact

AIL4fc-Khi-1N1rd9hVd77FxZSyGIiIo2E5XTqkqAIL4fc9pkdimu-1FxFssnUw6rs0z605G7VpWlwHF

I did some of my Somniel preps before people finished the checkpoint, so that is one of my precious Adept books wasted, which could have gotten another living character access to Canter. Oh well

AIL4fc-cXhgYQzaFortTotngRo5dZ44SezuETvIaAIL4fc9naFYT9JHsJ87hTw2THdi0L9GE2lH8lcQo

I do get my other two best units access to canter, on top of TeeHee already having it, but it would have been nice to give it to either Framme or Alfred with that book wasted on Alcryst.

AIL4fc99X6yeQSE-d9HwUkKNVsKOL62b5RjYXS2a

We get some nice Res on Louis in the arena

AIL4fc_qG4sY1ne7lhGn3mIx9l7zNgx6rA8bNiq-

And Alfred gets this nice little arena levelup too.

I do also do some more preparations for the future, first off I have put off engraving, and this is my last chance to apply these engraves for a long time, so I better do it now.

AIL4fc-mQngte7tVgjfwSF3efjxq7K0GWOyLMyUw

This I am preparing for Ivy, as her awful crit avoid is what killed her in my last ironman...

AIL4fc-5jyUqixRZn-vQFRUieF5diXC_5p3yXQEwAIL4fc9X4ds47C-nYx0WNBhUWzp7NAQKgw7fQuG0

For very similar reasons I forge an iron dagger up to a silver, so I can engrave a stupidly high avoid onto it to make Zelkov invincible when I get him.

AIL4fc_Lm2yYTe6vdnGtSMSB1E3WxnF31h99r2iSAIL4fc-_qVTg15jkWOpcM1OJp6zPQQHaac6KHg3EAIL4fc8TT4YOD-ppOLguo-leyl6xE10TpcmkyX_8

These three were more immediately practical, but I ended up agonizing for a fair bit over the last one, but I ended up going with

AIL4fc_YM5-DEQ1OPj2f6sCXHrTmtzeXkhf_VSws

One of Bouchy Boy axes.

AIL4fc_3e4D7VMX4f0BgS1H0yaeHMwGi40p5mHzL

I also go overboard on forging this thing up for Framme while I am here. Although I have one last big bit of prepwork before next chapter, figuring out who will replace Alcryst for the trap chapters...I was torn between just using Amber as is, but I ended up going with something a little more poetic

AIL4fc9VYjoSdTuT8Vy5ExRyrS_bzUaDTQMVyWQwAIL4fc_r9V3MRUcteYlCLJRbx4ugwe9EQnOTTz3-

That Lapis would take up her master's bows in his stead.

AIL4fc_GakNYoBKNlDqUgKf6nfvfw4KLCFltc0-a

I also change up the rings, giving Bouchy Boy the Lief ring, and passing Roy over to Lapis, to help her getting started with the squad.

AIL4fc_2IHhlHhkGHNiIIyOEibqEFJnrvhufoTtj

I do end up using the skill stat booster now, but I am still saving a few stat boosters for future recruits...

AIL4fc8XXsJGrf_X4mNEGilp-PFPiY_Dl95fX7EI

One last bit of fashion news before starting the chapter, Jade decks herself out in furs in preparation for the cold of Elusia.

Sorry for so much prepwork, but it is kind of necessary to prepare for the trap ahead of us, but now without further ado, onto the story bits.

AIL4fc91M9vscZ33lTd3tvKSFcBtfoCx5CFb5fjqAIL4fc8RYaLFnXGRDu9yvN6dGMVqOaGysmfvBr0H

And it opens by trying to emphasize that poor Hortensia isn't a real villain by showing us how concerned she is over her family

AIL4fc_EClRBaYLPFCm-l66h6zVSBm0HQgu-O7IA

And mostly motivated by a love for her family

AIL4fc-4NwCo8EfAuRRZhXAV4TYzBV08T9mpbPxc

And even ignorant of how evil her action have been. They are really working to make you realize she is a future recruitable.

AIL4fc-LkABxgRiVSRwKHTzEGSBNA0TDyrcs79zF

Back with the army, we are getting ready to confront a crippled Sombrom in the cathedral

AIL4fc-BuCc3nRW9elVsZ_WLuZU40Q9tVAk-B6Hk

Well, its not quite endgame yet, so more of a

AIL4fc92M5NsOJLSxOXZsiFt_Sm18RxDAUL53B8z

Mistake.

AIL4fc9rldl6ISH38ySJu_2g203d6t7Zi_c6qvfq

Marth is giving us a classic Ironman warning, as overconfidence is a real unit killer...

AIL4fc_yGQM2g0JHn90tkHZZ4nfi4GuOWGHhjBVY

Before really jinxing things with this reassurance.

AIL4fc9JtBE4t5N3Q6niWFmYHrw1FwGjrKJxhS9Q

You know its a great greeting when you get called loathsome 😛

AIL4fc98GIZxT_2Rk5L7MlNMRDIEffyYBUkFAq1fAIL4fc9AUMuxEAw2Ys4NExlLpSE5mWgOs54C5Veg

And then he really breaks poor Hortensia's heart by assuming poor Ivy is dead by our very hands, giving her a got revenge motive to extra kill us.

AIL4fc8BiYVevwwy3GTf6e3BG9XbUV_zEEIHNoBo

But alas you aren't thanks to linking

AIL4fc8NVtSewlE_immB4E-eiEKL_9CThdKcwoo-

And even he isn't alive thanks to the power of corruption

AIL4fc9QHNYRFgkTgZZtfkesYjVga_3-cCpT0Y92

If only I didn't spend so long on preps I might have made in time.

AIL4fc9VibJ5ik3dS3ievWXOfJU3NvY2ftW-xrYt

And once again the voice of reason calls us to pull back

AIL4fc_I0WRLwjcfOzCHRSBlMdRukSIb4TOMLjuC

But the emotional side of things calls for action, and with how TeeHee feels about losing a parental figure

AIL4fc91WTWi5RYh_ccrxLGNz4e5xaWF4mzX4g23

So we are trapped like rats.

AIL4fc-YPHNjipoPKpdLx5x8o-BxEBEbMkeDbp9b

Time for us to crawl out of our graves, and escape into the cold harsh reality of the snow beyond.

AIL4fc8_JHJ_7ihMMNoQQ74AyeZKxAxORHv9u6z4

Now for our deployment on this one, as I am going to start with an army split, with a higher flier focus in the west, so I have deployed accordingly.

AIL4fc9sxDv-eNc88ml073H_NCtQ2vllCukKVixY

We get one last reminder that Morion is no more than a monstrous husk

AIL4fc-n3N23IEtQd6UzC_LXOP28I9vODxjT3_kuAIL4fc9J-BARsT-S17nCDFv88kOsVbIzdmImoWWc

But his boys remind us why we have to put him down like Old Yeller.AIL4fc9tsWDetU1-qJ209VADgYbECNOhWKKbp28H

Onto the map, I open with Louis getting in a bit of chip

AIL4fc_qQDC6AX9teLJXNdA_jEBHs7U_k471smo4

But mostly we are preparing for enemy phase

AIL4fc-9eQJWrZx9vuQIJnHiNCEztcqfD_7QZwew

With the Bouchey Boy getting a hammer kill, and Louis picking up a lot of chip

AIL4fc_EUkRHlBjjLItQllyx7SE_qsMo9yeOPb68

I regret going for the immediate engage here, as it is mostly just giving her better accuracy, and I don't end up using those extra stat boost all that much in this little stretch

AIL4fc8B7VI0VPdr7RLhReuV3XpcuO10hiFIqdED

And that lets the Bouch take out Rosado immediately

AIL4fc-h5HhtXgq5ZGbjFlEUzFienQ45BiDagd1k

An ironically accurate statement, as we let Rosado escape just like Ivy. Now that was most of what we needed to take out on the west, but things are a bit tighter in the west

AIL4fc_JcAy_h4_yBshtPSajFjd4fTTxlQW46KD6

But I open with an override that chips Goldmary and kills a swordsman Louis chipped on enemy phase

AIL4fc-uEdI6TQw8XrC7ftz9PnTkMzTcdU8jowqy

Alfred can then

AIL4fc_uCNnRnAi5AZVksF9Wr82W3hQG4_wL1rNK

Make things very complicated by missing...I think I can make it out of this, but this miss does complicate things a bit

AIL4fc9El0MhLXNDf25n2H1NwJeTpOYdI56kJ_ME

Warp Ragnarok lets me quickly switch sides with Citrinne, and ensure we can't miss Goldmary, and positioning is key here

AIL4fc91m9VHTMexYKHhAR0fHyifEXxH0XrUCIFJ

Sorry to say it kid, but the linking has already killed you, so tragedy for Hortensia is ensured.

AIL4fc917azblVaqrXT5dAq4ZPguORllPtczk4PK

Citrinne also gets this solid levelup from the kill there.

AIL4fc_m2x_MakJMfL0yaIQQw6KeznXaRzGgf6vL

Elsurge coming in clutch here for the perfectly accurate kill before counter, in the perfect positioning

AIL4fc92JcqqTYER5y0paSZcSayYn0Wtyh1ePn8q

To safely chain guard anyone that swordie I missed could target.

AIL4fc80o5rIxkBlOltE7v8ssNEJzEWcA44Rba1S

Much as I would want to heal up Boucheron with Anna here, without counter I don't want to risk it. TeeHee is preping the buff for him, and did trade equip him

AIL4fc8uyFbeDCAcJ4FSyLVVxzPTl3fCvclc2Vc2

To an axe for an easy enemy phase kill

AIL4fc_k-s7_LGyjjgYuS390i-AWVgOo9Nif7291

For a nice strength levelup on him, which he was kind of in need of at this point.

AIL4fc-FKevsxNqrD3vnfRbh8yYesKcHHok3YFUv

While the chain guard give Citrinne an easy enemy phase kill on her side of things as well.

AIL4fc9luQ6_hPtJMO-h0vd7cEzdRl_QzF-HPgyx

I open next turn with a slight risk here, but it pays off rather effectively by eliminating the mage, and letting him canter out of hammer range as well,

AIL4fc8hjwVLRtb4oe6gh6poLq5MyZlCX7h3ZpnQ

that lets me do a bit of trading the thunder here to setup

AIL4fc9oikKi_eoKor2VnqYjgMBH9t-7AC5VKu95

The kill on that thief from fairly survivable range on the last enemy formation.

AIL4fc_WoQyt23icGzvsroNVVrVhlbKM9LN0sxBb

Although the enemy aren't willing to over extend themselves by taking the bait on either sides.

AIL4fc8II3RAgMswEJb5W80x9amFM2ROIrLGtRxO

So I have to take the initiative by getting aggressive with Louis here,

AIL4fc_-eNvXjC2RIkYvhEbUgEsK8Mf82hBdZpzl

and then canter out of hammer range after the hit

AIL4fc97PgdFeuYyC5y9shCBomWxp65u0rr7o9-Y

And then lay down an obstruct to position my mages closer in its safety.

AIL4fc_asiwsBllE_STXitjjvA9JQMllO_lPePqC

On the other side I am mostly just baiting in with TeeHee, hoping the engage will help more on enemy phase

AIL4fc8Alu1ML7Kp21OZCkRh_TbXmpUs3Pr0fgPe

With Boucheron positioned just behind them with a bow to help out

AIL4fc-jZbAKOPL2AOfv98tQvNaf9eZmFnXJzn0e

And Hortensia opens by freezing TeeHee in place for next turn

AIL4fc9LgFdkBVNv23CVxaaPGrSZ92ryrA2uz9_M

But they end up tearing one armor apart with a crit on enemy phase

AIL4fc9y2I6lgThqHXBDHQj5Hq9VoQPjigP3hajY

And Alfred finishes the one Louis chipped, but with more archers coming in as reinforcements from both flanks, I am in a bit of an awkward spot with regard to Hortensia

AIL4fc_P7WMzkE_WqnxYR43tDiMJnjud7BSoaz3l

I decide to start by wiping out the rest of her army, first with this bow kill

AIL4fc-8PxV1SzkSy3rUE7KlGhJhQG7ZCtp7768x

Diamant ambushing the enemy that spawned in with an immediate death

AIL4fc9rxOc8ZoIzWIBzG-kUJBND50qcwYvaLc6c

And Boucheron having an archer dual with the last enemy on this side, that way he ca-

AIL4fc8MJCJ5IRvzoAQpa6D6IRYu7WCvPGozHQci

..Oof, that hurts, but as I was mentioning he can canter to safety if he goes for the ranged kill

AIL4fc-OGAOcFU58eP7iEbpblP3pP-cqFoCIcpBP

On the other front Louis pops the reinforcement on their side, but after a bit of agonizing, I let

AIL4fc-9Hkndkuy_8qLnrd6AfO6Lhr1st13cWxYJ

Celine get the perfect kill on the hammer bro, as she is tanky enough to survive a hit from Horetensia

AIL4fc_F5i-fr0tPig2tp5aTFniZ6M9OVG5Z8_g7

Now it is vital to TeeHee's survival that they be at full health for enemy phase, plus that crit on the Bouch makes the healing of Great Sacrifice an obvious move for the end of the turn.

AIL4fc-VnLAx7zRqsNg1DzPZr1jw5vFImU0Bx552

And it gets her a respectable levelup, although it misses any damageing stats on it.

AIL4fc-GmO5vYbw-gQMMI1mnt_jpUqtqm5VUJufS

This should be sa-

AIL4fc_RQbFVsNVw6TEIY4AH6CHE6qOduO0TTrNN

Ooh, I missed that Luin had an extra 10 crit on it...that really complicates things, a lot.

AIL4fc-YATjDLJ5y3ubbpl5LzDewqZ1rWL3QarlL

And with TeeHee one space away from being able to Lodestar rush one of Hortensia's health bars away I am in real trouble here. I was really hoping she would go for the effective damage hit on TeeHee there, as the east just can't really deal with Hortensia. Her Resistance is too high for Celine and Citrinne to do much to her, and I don't have enough physical damage to deal with two healthbars, and Louis will melt to her magic if I go for the chip with him...

AIL4fc8U9Hj77wPd5-IjKrh-gKcN9oNAB43Qpf7r

I can at least protect the mages for another turn

AIL4fc_qVA8F-Q2j-mwWrS5fWLhLVJag-rFZXUVR

And pull back with the physical side of the east...baiting Hortensia in with TeeHee is a little awkward, given the higher crit rate on Luin, but if she doesn't go for it, I think I am going to lose about half of my army as she outruns their retreat with her flying horse...

AIL4fc8Prcwo10IFbqtoLfaTz-HbO9MBYFyCH5uk

But lucky she takes the TeeHee bait this time

AIL4fc9ZbudxSUOoHVklxF8chPJksBimEmxngvd5

And she thinks we are a liar that killed her sister in cold blood.

AIL4fc-k_FKOLSS-d9Fh15I94g2OvSZeVtngdHs2

But we can survive the effective damage attack, as planned, and dodge the low percent crit which wasn't, but with that survived

AIL4fc9VM5oc4bDnErvaGbdiIm6nUlaTmcfyoOhr

Lapis can get in enough free ranged chip

AIL4fc8ZIoxjEMsa8f0h_3GDwloDNFCXenVuCJ6e

That TeeHee can finish off the first health bar, and canter back to give

AIL4fc9gHwwc1JM7XmyX2lVJYC7dA3ZEGszRDtjK

The bonus damage to each hit of the Quadruple strike for the kill here

AIL4fc8oZlfiMGUNj-p1YN1wXMZxSPvUokp4_ijg

Or force her to retreat at least. That gives me time to grab all the chests

AIL4fc-Rz1jf7FZVkA9xlxHTTvnzIDa36WyFXTjt

Get another solid little healing levelup on Framme, but I don't waste too many turns

AIL4fc-QlYKAyKUPMn9tcu4XE9r-nBo5N93jgWgG

As I refill Anna's engage gauge

AIL4fc8qTID5GzpQCPRilUU0_oupKm_bLaCOV8Cb

And Citrinne's while opening the door to the next half of the level

AIL4fc9tGjbNDfFduDxSK28l2GcxlXa-9uQCngZm

With one more turn of waiting to prepare an enemy phase for Morion's little assault squad.

AIL4fc8bbZ_l0RlKYJ3l8TfkrRK7AZbVNqN5kU_U

Which earns TeeHee this solid little levelup on the enemy phase kill

AIL4fc-UIe57hm9PxlB8K7gY9etztQmQBLFEJxSu

Before Morion goes for the free hit, and conversation...

AIL4fc-p9alWYGwPf83Vf9g6IkHHbXyLHLsozaG2

Alas, all that is left is to let this shambling corpse put to rest.

AIL4fc_N9t8yrB6Q3Fpto9eQdrF0TJQZB6AN-J6-

But TeeHee is just shy of taking down a health bar all on their own

AIL4fc-Hj0zg9FwTmoc9qssszvTWpAMiNXF6wCQI

So Lapis can finish things off safely from range

AIL4fc8NTrtuXqgT5GiYUo1YQYp0HZdM2WHaLWm2

Next Diamant can go for the break, and the other boss convo I can get (with Alcryst dead at least).

AIL4fc8YRcyuXOJ62uaZs_DI74TaTrh6XMIoGCdC

And it is interesting that both TeeHee and him first talked of sparring with Morion...

AIL4fc8We0FhgoJpH_HBdqurN3ceX0b57vbu1nqq

Sorry for the cop-out of talk archive here, but poor Diamant is really coming to terms with some emotional baggage about his father's death, and the regrets one has over not being able to let them know how much you loved them when they are gone

AIL4fc96tbUe_5hywVoFYTe9BKTDeqbIwKPywy8o

I then decide to pop the other add that Louis chipped on enemy phase, before

AIL4fc9DFwjRo1CZVlYp77-Qzq6ki9XCvDgeMfpQ

Going for the high damage magic chip with Celine

AIL4fc8F4oW-OPUqMsu9MZ0P5ZkEFBDnEz3RIti4

So her brother can finish the dead monarch off.

AIL4fc_etoYL44qgURxrVL9dxywoaK_tje8A2Bqm

I then milk some chip exp on the last enemy before

AIL4fc-3z2mkQK9TGWuIQEsSEHXxGrguPd56npen

Getting the real kill with Boucheron.

AIL4fc-oz8iAYlCDCb8ParToZRKCCe7PmieadRrr

And end the turn by baiting in the lowest damage Astra Storm possible

AIL4fc9yk_v4cIKvNSy-ojnhqfVIV3x6a-DG3vBM

And Hyacinth takes the opportunity to rub in our face how pointlessly cruel corrupting Morion was. This does get the rest of the enemies moving

AIL4fc-7tdj4uAmxfZlUo8ftR0xrF7x4nB7RSGRZ

So I open by crippling one of the advancing fliers

AIL4fc-gf9ThJuVvDY479PJqAfgUFrdx5ru1UHR4

And intentionally just going for the chip with Boucheron

AIL4fc8jniczBWm9eBr3Wydj-XVHRg8sTUZuHrBl

So that Lapis can get the kill (only able to reach with the Longbow)

AIL4fc_xEG_RAckbDLXRM05Cxm1mZhOSg08K2zSN

For her first levelup, which does not instill confidence in her.

AIL4fc8BMyI3EVA7otXP1V3PV9TpgAXDtsTIU7xg

Alfred gets our other kill

AIL4fc_-yszDqY_LJiBzz7rpJcvE-Srd6XT4Qubm

I did canter Boucheron into

AIL4fc9dAKuZcGi9OobTrdrTYIK8Y4-LdlOJhFEt

An easy enemy phase kill on one of the supporting mages. I also tried to bait Hyacinth into going for a free hit of TeeHee

AIL4fc-lUV9Je8xPsfzw1JTap7Yn2HXDkcDrvane

But instead he shows off the power of the doubles.

AIL4fc8tKr-NlhIsS_HF9esDgdkTbLnJWcKn79fe

Sadly Louis was one move shy of getting the back Override on the boss, but I decide to wipe out the remaining enemy troops with this override opening here, which also clears out some space to attach Hyacinth

AIL4fc_h66BDgDH1oAdhKiBciDOXlEwd7BCe8Ayk

For another Lol Speed levelup.

AIL4fc_Q0g8AhBoSk_FDP55llLw5yDRDfw0Z6HW-

And I clear one more double before starting the assault

AIL4fc-GkQL2svyjvWsgpXR0TPvNFbe6ldGojG2y

TeeHee is sadly one damage off the health bar kill with the opening super

AIL4fc8BL1ZYUHS2DjAwKkC6A1lBluJsnHhTH1E5

So I finish with a Lapis Longbow to not take up too much valuable space

AIL4fc8lUznwvjxjH2wRGrcW0ch11ItonsI72BD5

I then open the next healthbar with another super for free accurate damage. From here I have a perfectly reliable kill, so before that happens

AIL4fc_PaX99KKlY9-nf6E-jFIzRNOtK4Ilafpco

I milk some more exp with another Great Sacrifice.

AIL4fc8l6cfgUL_slwctc7vXGT9XMraA7gWb9eCf

For a very magic oriented levelup on Anna.

AIL4fc9C5BPumi-8ZM9nfhJlfrOm2gsNG2n5Yf6tAIL4fc9x6TDIIlE9Fdys8ISX1Q5YG_9zi1lqlbvw

And like that, Hyacinth is dead.

AIL4fc-etnnkLfheLjLVQgneOyqTMrdFekzJhZid

And Boucheron gets one last level before the big cut-scene to come.

AIL4fc9SNNd6pEb4PicuyStkeh6UuPOr4H6ohdfv

It would be either TeeHee or the Bouchey boy to earn MVP on this one.

AIL4fc8bM2j5vi0CdYE85OXl429VJcUmGpXKXauU

Diamant going for the actual Hyancinth kill here

AIL4fc9964NLTGNoU1ZHb48HNDlfUZRRb5FGXnRl

But the evil child prevents him from sullying his hands with the act

AIL4fc-cmXvn-IjRU9OR0YRciTh99YF6zMQI9kUr

For the practical purpose of stealing the kill 😛

AIL4fc99XqGf4FfB86nyXCtUpQkFkGhaxFHxLMzd

Poor Hyacinth is thinking Sombrom might actually be on his side

AIL4fc9elldCidFZpnCX5_nd57dAhjBvUw2nDNLt

When Hyacinth meat is on the menu

AIL4fc9D00x6_OhAk8ReDEvMy-eF35_631Yd90W2

Eating him whole, leaving only the ring behind.

AIL4fc8pMj9RIOaqeU71VgD56wmUC3t9MWI4lB5NAIL4fc_pec_UGDFECAGwjsJCgsmiycL3VLAZDq07

Yeah, evil Veyle is a real cruel brat here

AIL4fc9BFobpv9iBGjwAGFw27tGdPoyYGbiQ2LWw

And earned the slap to the face that reveals her presence

AIL4fc-KnSxwcAHT2C7lxAP1i-3c__w2-CjypQKJ

Really emphasizing your draconic heritage, despite the lack of dragon forms on most of your lot.

AIL4fc9ooPK9sDbo1TfuDdreR4uNxYqBbbB1tiPs

Its funny how they do all this work of setting this up so you know there isn't a doppelganger Veyle around

AIL4fc8YJyTO8OX_qIl0tl2cBgBHnp4Z-j1ZubL0

But she feels the need to introduce herself to us

AIL4fc-RreDX7l-wm64ZV-Dm2lXSBMpryK9FWdLK

And doesn't remember interacting with us before, to cue us into something being up...not to mention the obvious change in eye color from Violet to Red.

AIL4fc9B5QnB9DrF6sADpfwYyv6iFngtB1zmD_fnAIL4fc92UlwFlpbQxPKx_0c9Zqt-61gt_BBlrQCK

And then we get formally introduced to the Four Hounds, although I think we have seen glimpses of all of them (but maybe Mauvier) before.

AIL4fc_DBafM3V3b8bKNihhyu7sxiMLIYGDiudhu

She also confirms that these baddies killing Elusian cronies is par for the course.

AIL4fc9Y15RMntETM1VNVJHERwD744VFfnggWw7r

Sadly this Mage Dragon never takes on a dragon form...

AIL4fc-hmSvq9sGILPc-k-3HoKQL7Vrezvinph9P

It is interesting how they are introducing the idea of Zephia as seeing the rest of the Hounds as family already, when that wont really pay off for a while.

AIL4fc--crIHCkj5EZNb49N8jDLOG5cwj0zmKVXO

An odd introduction to Griss given his masochism is his most notable trait

AIL4fc-GSr-f2FygEGEixp9MFi79RTq7iWQTyLHkAIL4fc-3H6ovNYcTk7KTjYit5xytnkexpu5K4itE

Although the other two's introduction is rather fitting.

AIL4fc-faRHToYM5EfK9ab7HsNa-ytDbpG4rz_Gs

Alas, that thing we don't plan on using screws us over, as

AIL4fc9b3WSVillYcMcBDXd2a4Bxt7Rl8FRcxuWP

It ends up being the justification for Veyle doing a bunch of shenanigans with the rings she just stole from us.

AIL4fc8w4xC_yoh2R4uDoCpYtEULdOQlP5aj-du_

Fuck you game, it was only cutscene magic that lets you steal from us in this way

AIL4fc8o7H9Npd44KswuR38CmPaEtm4ewk8DDogv

This is a funny reversal from when we did the opposite with Leif right there...

AIL4fc9k5ZcVEVGW3ridw9blcRarlkSMGAzhW9cz

There is something way to fitting about it making them into red units...

AIL4fc8rPfc-34nvgwVE-PjjVKuAeerP6kVHgIfK

Alas, this is our key transition into an escape map in the second half of this trap, with all our rings captured, and the enemy in hot pursuit...

AIL4fc-3x4qnP7Eqjd5dkJyPnbpdkvNxXztBbQUn

But that dramatic low point will have to wait for next time, as we have some prep to do between chapters, despite our lack of access to the Somniel for this bit.

Whew. I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so it may be a fair bit into the week before I finish the second half of this checkpoint.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah don't worry about it, playing some other games in the down times to keep from burning out is a good idea anyway.

You do realise the sin was playing Gen 8 Pokemon right?

It is odd how often that can happen in pokemon games, as I seem to remember it being a thing in Jubilife as well...

What is it with Pokemon clowns and giving you stuff?

Oof, Crobat is almost always a great 'mon in a Nuzlocke, so that is an unfortunate loss.

I don't know that I'll treat mons I didn't have the chance to use as dupe encounters yet, it's still early days and there's plenty of chances I lose mons I already have though

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Gen 5 is so very restrictive with its early game encounter availability isn't it.

And I now have to figure out which routes I immediately throw as sacrifices.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Nice job using the healing turn to your full advantage there.

I may have done several Work Ups in fairness, the Dwebble wasn't able to actually hurt Frain.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Wow, I can't believe they give you that good of held item this early in this game.

It's nice to have the option so early on.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9pkdimu-1FxFssnUw6rs0z605G7VpWlwHF

I did some of my Somniel preps before people finished the checkpoint, so that is one of my precious Adept books wasted, which could have gotten another living character access to Canter. Oh well

OOOOOFFF

Can't even kill his dad smhmh

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc-mQngte7tVgjfwSF3efjxq7K0GWOyLMyUw

This I am preparing for Ivy, as her awful crit avoid is what killed her in my last ironman...

You wouldn't consider it for a higher might tome?

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9X4ds47C-nYx0WNBhUWzp7NAQKgw7fQuG0

For very similar reasons I forge an iron dagger up to a silver, so I can engrave a stupidly high avoid onto it to make Zelkov invincible when I get him.

Fair enough, though -3 Mt is a bit ouch to me.

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc_r9V3MRUcteYlCLJRbx4ugwe9EQnOTTz3-

That Lapis would take up her master's bows in his stead.

Okay.

You plan on Bow Knight, Sniper or Warrior if you'll get a ring with Axe proficiency back?

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

And pull back with the physical side of the east...baiting Hortensia in with TeeHee is a little awkward, given the higher crit rate on Luin, but if she doesn't go for it, I think I am going to lose about half of my army as she outruns their retreat with her flying horse...

And effective damage on Luin.

I really want to emphasise it, as someone who suffered it.

AIL4fc_xEG_RAckbDLXRM05Cxm1mZhOSg08K2zSN

For her first levelup, which does not instill confidence in her.

And like that, Hyacinth is dead.

King Dieacinth if you will.

AIL4fc9BFobpv9iBGjwAGFw27tGdPoyYGbiQ2LWw

And earned the slap to the face that reveals her presence

"The light. It BURNS!"

AIL4fc--crIHCkj5EZNb49N8jDLOG5cwj0zmKVXO

An odd introduction to Griss given his masochism is his most notable trait

Well, he likes pain.

If he's the one inflicting it so be it?

AIL4fc8w4xC_yoh2R4uDoCpYtEULdOQlP5aj-du_

Fuck you game, it was only cutscene magic that lets you steal from us in this way

The power of bullshit no jutsu at work.

I mean, the narrative stretch for this may be bullshit, but it gives us Chapter 11 bankruptcy, I've seen worse BS.

But that dramatic low point will have to wait for next time, as we have some prep to do between chapters, despite our lack of access to the Somniel for this bit.

Good luck on that.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Whew. I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so it may be a fair bit into the week before I finish the second half of this checkpoint.

It's going to be a few days before I can get back on this myself, take your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the week itself was just as busy, but here we go, finishing off the two parter, and reaching the next checkpoint.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:21 PM, Punished Dayni said:

You do realise the sin was playing Gen 8 Pokemon right?

You should play Legends Arceus instead then...

And I now have to figure out which routes I immediately throw as sacrifices.

It is an interesting decision to have to make. It makes me regret not playing a Pokemon game with this linked run, just a little.

You wouldn't consider it for a higher might tome?

I probably should have, but I was thinking it should be on the most bread and butter weapon, and the basic Fire fits that in my mind.

Fair enough, though -3 Mt is a bit ouch to me.

The high might forges of daggers does compensate for that a bit...also that is why I went through the effort of getting it on a Silver to begin with.

Okay.

You plan on Bow Knight, Sniper or Warrior if you'll get a ring with Axe proficiency back?

If I end up keeping her it will probably be Sniper, as having access to a 20 range Astra Storm is an emergency technique I like having available on an Ironman.

The power of bullshit no jutsu at work.

I mean, the narrative stretch for this may be bullshit, but it gives us Chapter 11 bankruptcy, I've seen worse BS.

If she just didn't try to rub it in I would have been fine with it, as the time Crystal is a bullshit the player can theoretically use too, and the idea she can use it better for cutscene bullshit as its original owner seems appropriate enough.

And effective damage on Luin.

I really want to emphasise it, as someone who suffered it.

I was kind of banking on the effective damage convincing her to go for TeeHee actually, I even looked up the stats of the thing online to double check that they could live it, even with all the weird nonsense powers it has, I just overlooked the crit rate while factoring in triple might, and extra speed damage...

Lets escape the trap set before us in chapter 11

Spoiler

ADCreHdgadUBvYxu-VovijrgnKXVujjLNdSAYyyR

Now we are trapped like rats, and must chew through the walls to safety

ADCreHcvrfFz3SnJC87paXEN112i4SZwSfPC4I2A

At our very weakest, unable to even surpass the more believable dragons defending the more questionable one.

ADCreHcg44pwcOXrRK8_1oG99jLZtz8WAAZPcAFG

I really hope not, it would be kind of embarrassing to lose it all here, but without any of the emblem tricks to pull out of my pockets to save us will make things complicated

ADCreHdc-gBnUNXsYtKrrDS17Z-scU-8AKbOtYs_

And instead our enemies have all the tricks at their disposal.

ADCreHeUWkX-A-307lGsU3KW_zwXG8DceYRNwKXX

Such optimism...although I do wonder how the game handles it if you did monotonously grind enough to be able to deal with routing this map.

ADCreHc9th4P7feSbbwt38YOxE0YgLPv8zgPEOju

But realism prevails for the first time since the trap was sprung.

ADCreHdNWv9sFbfjOwv2JJL2hNhXrNW_c_fFMY9S

Because it is time to run like Thracia

ADCreHeTGQWfvUJgJ9YH1Jhb5nOIQ-iCDom_yvQp

Because this is an escape map.

...but we do have some key preps to deal with first.

ADCreHcZYE3M5lnyKSMNQjFDh2imMlOppoDKqWmZ

Like putting some boring rings on everyone so we still get SP, plus the minor stat buffs.

ADCreHdKCXQViAPB1RIRT7vQI4apeEZrin-WSJy3

Honestly this is probably overkill, but it still makes sense for ironman safety.

I did also get another Master Seal, so time for another promotion, and with Micaiah gone, it has to be one of the mages to get me access to another staff user (as my flyer is long dead as the other main new promoted healer option), and

ADCreHcz0-CaN98NLTi7vhMQorNUaXjeTLR7rZqL

I am just liking how Citrinne looks statwise with the promotion more than Celine.

ADCreHcOPM4dfHryEOqYrcdsUPv8bXfF8PCpWLB2

I will note that while we can't change our deployed units, I can switch up their positioning, and do a little bit here, but now, it is time to start this mess

ADCreHe765_nzc98HhVIlLUvJbWb6sSqzVxevexA

With Diamant opening with a Breaking chip

ADCreHdCV3A8a46Zlbio-vJ07rYpuk4EPkOcQ1FP

For Louis to then chip it further past the Holdout threashold

ADCreHcOUYpdVtbDrZtbdNBNPz8Hf_3golhyE8lR

Before Cantering out of Warp Ragnarok range, and still be at the edge of enemy archer range

ADCreHfpUgHUZKu7XD3q8I4AAQ0C9Br0hNTUdtYI

So Citrinne can trade-equip him to Javelin for enemy phase while she

ADCreHfU8eyzqRByE77qXJ-wpJkMkWZdCov5Jxgg

Finishes the Roy wielder off from thunder range.

ADCreHfw6RxpcyHn5HEdD9e6r3oUyfDS-W5UGCnA

And while it would be nice to get that ring back, Veyle whisks it away with time magic before we can recover it.

ADCreHdykt5d95WNTt23kM0hMPeQOSBWTf2QhIUM

I just move forward with the rest of my army, unable to escape the staff range of the enemy Micaiah, with me very intentionally baiting the enemy flyer Marth with TeeHee, so it can't more effectively use its flight to harass me with effective weapons later. Onto enemy phase

ADCreHf8PB4d_62-5uRvDCdKgvwFSLcAS9W28oIG

Louis gets some nice chip

ADCreHcoFzbM93w8gfdwiVzUMP2OzckXPZIgjO3j

And Diamant safely lures in Celica's corrupted.

ADCreHeYZPREhwVChstH4yoI6RGwdCIIyooHmFcG

We are unable to hear the utterly tragic battle quote Marth has with his beloved TeeHee

ADCreHcU_HEFnE8ExMUB1Lh9N5TcQBrBAg5xW0ej

And is crippled by the battle, before

ADCreHe9rLFdqFZzrhc5vcI2INCwgIEtt9BcWLXm

We get a bit of a lucky break. Really its not that big of deal, as I have a restore stave for this map, but I am a bit surprised they went for such low odds.

ADCreHetYEB9PlxhM5PjECEamL-5e6pkgTYrRbgU

Bouchy Boy then crushes the enemy Lief, even dodging the crit he would live anyway.

ADCreHcNC6KxqjzAk6UaUDW2owNdoNH2SRkiCdwM

Lapis then out snipes the enemy archers, and

ADCreHdqBHunuIAuHBcqIJUMMaBUdoff8EheiiCk

Elsurge means the enemy's clever plan of warp-ragnaroking onto terrain for evasion is extra useless.

ADCreHdA-R6kyLM7jdma_kwxgfdix_8g6FvxvHQo

Although the evasiveness of Marth himself is a bit of a nuisance

ADCreHfnCPKGR3OjNsikX_LYN89-nNxTuH3bVOV8

But Alfred gets the kill, and level on the first try.

ADCreHdsdvApRr1ccAWlcu7MVF4LXJFR-dVWjVvj

Which lets us progress a bit ahead, and being just out of range

ADCreHez-YRHv7_n6YXmL6pQ-fsUmTc-PMICyFUH

Of the pursuing Sigurd, who is neutered by him missing his opening attack, with Lapis chipping him enough

ADCreHdJm0wkKM_yboovNVzA02fnJqDYMeJj9lDj

For the Ridersbane kill. Turnabout is fair play Sigurd.

ADCreHcQ8SDviq9h8otFKduR4VpZAamfG5LVILYG

Although this need to deal with Sigurd (and the pursuit from behind in general) has led to our army being spread out a bit.

ADCreHeHZwUYV7So4pPapLrRnKm5M-loxiyzozmbADCreHfLRF8Bz2Chi0oaKIAQR9ueZUkUZQIMDOrb

With enemy phase actions at both extremes.

ADCreHeMetwWYA9M4WAKXfkxaSYfccXHGjyjwWfI

And we open next turn by laughing at Leif screwing the enemy armor into a 19% accuracy miss

ADCreHeRgXdDzKZI0_mKFkIhDz25IgwYBn0ds2Ki

But it makes it tanky enough that I still need to magic to deal with that three health it has remaining.

ADCreHdPac0hpM8g-UnhczFgmBccdIz6qTLLpfvX

Anna can then go for the

ADCreHfX5nWKnwHHPN8Zr0VDsSvp7Eg52eOyjg_W

character development by actually hitting the kill.

ADCreHfAiaKrLeYpZp3Y8SoAwFgwp4s-xgrI5t1O

Now to deal with the Roy poking us in the rear, first with a long bow from Lapis

ADCreHcu0gF5fvgy-5kQjYRKN1BD9tB4ayctc3Eu

...Eh, even if he didn't miss the kill by exactly one, Roy would keep it alive for another hit anyway, so I would still need

ADCreHcQxyWMxIKUEi630T8KTt_xO2105QU_IOg8

Alfred to finish things.

ADCreHc5ws2GW6e16E3i_gdACSR5oJ8V0uPKACbm

And Framme heals up the chip Boucheron got from this.

ADCreHcat-hGbdqzoWGHewXvoPqljY0fc3nvFrP4

But we now have a very distinct rearguard and vanguard to our army, and I am a bit split onto where to send poor Diamant stuck in the middle...I end up sending him closer to the rearguard, but with a little bit of distance just in case.

ADCreHewDrJnAD9Sb5Y2qdA0q-8l9tZIq4tvFwEH

It is funny how much Louis fills the traditional Jagen role of crippling the enemy to feed kills to my army

ADCreHf8am0uLb5g-CfrNxWRT2OAGRjeVe7Tqpui

But this complicates things a LOT.

ADCreHfUrAeS-WsMq9cyOEyyHFQ9q3dhKak4IFFq

I open by taking off a little of the pressure on Alfred by taking out the Leif that can target him, but that isn't the real issue

ADCreHel5MlyzO6wuL0EtdS6bShGwpj7BnnQ6jZh

Because Sigurd is back to remind us that turnabout is fair play

ADCreHfXrNP3MDiYXiXQKmeO3x-jijL5Np1KbAt6

And If I want to restore him, Framme has to stay in the very edge of Sigurd's range, and with the Corrupted Sigurd is hitching ride on having a Greataxe, Framme will be finished off by the combination of its attack, and the 5 damage Warp-Ragnark flying in from the west. If only I got Canter on Framme instead of the link dead Alcryst. I am in a very literal pickle here, with me having to chose between a dead Alfred, a dead Framme, or giving them a choice of Lapis or Diamant.

ADCreHd3-pazFoFLleUCz1oAlvPgnXCPNDUUoDRn

But thanks to my earlier waffling with Diamant, I find my out. Celinne can pass along the Freeze staff Hortensia dropped last chapter, which Diamant is close enough to be given, to then pass it off to Framme

ADCreHeakftgV4155LWd1EEp6bC0nwS14OwKnVkU

And this enemy Sigurd has yet to learn his signature immune to the freeze status skill Headlong Rush (fun fact, Corrin's Dreadful Aura causes the freeze status, which Sigurd's Headlong Rush skill is immune to). As I said before Sigurd, turnabout is fair play, as I can use freeze to escape the pickle freeze put me in.

ADCreHfWdbJJzEjvWpfYRCKUSeSTGgrdcfJ85b7s

Alfred might as well chug a vulnerary while he is stuck here.

ADCreHf929rm9j7_UoxFrqLPzZy7qaF-IQqHOwDs

Anna then continues to amaze by not missing at embarrassing times

ADCreHdBRfck9R5Fx5CC-3fpvnh_3fyLX-nwMaHp

...Sigh, I guess she really did need the extra crit avoid.

ADCreHfscipWPiR8dcO1fjpptNOT1wVlPWnT8QN9

TeeHee can then continue to hunt Marth, so his effective weapon can't threaten the invincible Louis from charging ahead

ADCreHc8cST3CoY1uG-efv-Y6Bi4nMhfuukrC9CY

Or in this case make sure the one that drops a free weapon is active, while cantering ahead for it to die on enemy phase

ADCreHf48iU0yHo7gRU1mOR5lnC9YouJHZg7kky3

...sniff, I am kind of proud of you Anna. I didn't know how you would handle it without a staff to lean on.

ADCreHeV_4Fcns-EnV0GJNpckMDHQiW4GYu88aUv

Lapis then draws the Ragnarok, before

ADCreHdqqsS2H_KTqRgNVvoXIHlntnQnJQqrrbOp

All the terrifying Emblems threatening to overwhelm the rearguard with their powers get drawn back to join

ADCreHdem59eKIspblvq5IRTf1WTVeuD7tn8jUiH

With the Hounds, which is a brief reprieve, but now we really need to run with everyone.

ADCreHdJHa3XAkrlxqQnXqsMfRrd0bn-d2wKIvjk

Cause the stats on these monster, even before you add in the power of the Emblems, will wipe the floor with out army

ADCreHe6YGXgEt6Na-UcSUQxxM4-kgRI-enI4n8R

And they have the movement to outrun us, if we don't take full advantage of our current lead on them. I wasn't sure if I got far enough with TeeHee to trigger this when I did it, but I am kind of glad I did, as that last turn was intense.

ADCreHcO89pP5lu6Bp01nAIAkVd3oRw3r2-mzshm

Enemy reinforcements do appear, trying to cut us off in the front, but my vanguard is my most powerful force

ADCreHd6RWI-59AHF1YGXJfEHJ_YpzeQDEDf7Hzz

And the ones most able to endure an assault, sent ahead to make sure we can end this map when we need to.

ADCreHem9oxHVqjv2ZcSxrP0E6L39-fAio7QaK_z

Plus WE get some reinforcements for once.

ADCreHea0KqmjXN-vN7jEZTNhBzbKTzvlzhhKGDI

With some Emblem power to boot, but with the end so close in sight, it isn't the largest impact on the map.

ADCreHcF3NhvenAk5Gwfhyi1y6epOLR6DYRmWNF4

Alas all Zelkov gives us is the useless time crystal. It is a little weird that Veyle is still allowed to use some of those Emblem moving shenanigans, but it helps that most get attached to the Hounds that are unlikely to be defeated in this map.

ADCreHekw8J5Dr73tk0nF0-gNubaF5kBXk9gJro9

Again we see the death of a parent leaving such stark issues unable to be resolved.

ADCreHeCzyXeFN_7xguXX1dGlRSuIGk6GAdsABoS

Thematically, it really should have been Lucina and Lief, but Lyn is more useful.

ADCreHd3xKFL3URv3OtDh3K6j_OhUnWqBVzW0ZAE

Ivy is finally ready to join us, to seek redemption for her soul seeking ways from before.

ADCreHeNjXChRvu6P-OjIwR93YKFtHYMeGp9QxxP

Its a little too late for you to turn things around on this map, but a timely Astra Storm, or use of the doubles can really turn things around.

ADCreHdxTndlCvr8Bq-xKlWrwjo5IXX6db2-DUtvADCreHcaO77ThAB17kGqeqZGNtqscPEIZJOwnxDn

I like how they keep the joke about Lucina disguising herself as Marth around. Keep the memory of that nerdy historical cosplay of hers alive.

ADCreHesSe48HeXWKL4OM2pnqGCWtWQXGek2J5Wa

An odd Emblem, as her powers run the gambit of being mostly useless, to deceptively powerful.

ADCreHf6-PXfeqvAbvUIvxuhaOcFNw-pd8Neg_FO

It fits well enough for Lucina to be saying this, but Mr Major Arc of My Game is about Escaping really should be a part of it too.

ADCreHd0FnQev1t-LLhia4oWGtouLNpMBB1IKO1v

Back to gameplay, Lapis gets her revenge on the flying Ragnarok, but with Sigurd and Micaiah taken by the Hounds, that is the only action the rearguard has to see

ADCreHfVJMLd4NaU035ctvMHdrX_1W1toxoZassv

In the Vanguard, TeeHee immediately slaughters the nearest mage, and repositions to let

ADCreHepZHr4n3xKlRfC7UyoXHotA9156qHd_JBM

Zelkov miss the kill on this lancer with his new Silver Dagger, but that is fine

ADCreHfX2pvMClMyMkhzKbHVcuyaZHffjKtdBNhX

As Ivy can pick up the kill with Thunder.

ADCreHfARE9vzFUHl4kLWoUZWqZiRd3P6iY9gLiA

We are getting close the end here, with the rearguard bunching up as they struggle past terrain to flee the hounds on our heels, while Louis does his usual baiting

ADCreHeaSPSB3Y8Nr-kO-vrHoB3Khg7RIpv3sgwb

To mixed results with a crit kill on one hand

ADCreHcXqer6OribQWEFmS5GpDwg5p4zT6hDgorF

And having accidentally made a thief unhittable on terrain.

ADCreHdnBkrmEj0q6H7X5BbKY84xKOkA2V28OnXN

So I open by getting Anna into a backup position

ADCreHfgKtcQ8kEGrbxY1-UwyeQKx5TBxqz-KV0j

But it literally has the second worst possible max HP for a backup unit to help with, and even with Elsurge getting a free solid hit in, it will be hard to finish

ADCreHf0L5bJUt7WPRtVZMed9BxrFxnwWKqteD65

Unless Ivy just hits a 24 out of the blue on the next attack

ADCreHfLhtQyoX5s_djLZs_NgxohyATDwjmIKo4F

Zelkov then shows the dead thief how being an avoid tank is really done.

ADCreHdQf3HJfVRcAH_4cWb4kqvpKqOSZBkskf07

Enemy staff range is uncomfortably approaching my rearguard, but next turn should be the end of things.

ADCreHeFQwEuvJrgDnJYynap1-bLIQNpuTCJiJTK

And I open that turn by crippling the enemy chain guarder

ADCreHe_G9uyTCeIxuN0L-I18qMrPYWmD5wtxXSo

With Celine finishing it.

ADCreHenVmNv4myEAN8v1WLgLE4THR_5ZOtu9umm

For an OKish levelup.

ADCreHckOzdshR39uR5Ixu0M6-_anfFZyYQqFuRB

Roy's Holdout then prevents Citrinne from getting the kill on this last enemy

ADCreHfM1RI4oHrdHG9UTlowO1-vEgpDYFDATlhE

So Zelkov finishes thing. Now this chapter ends as soon as TeeHee escapes, so the rearguard can do some dangerously silly things

ADCreHdz_LqvouUyRu2iG7ba-qJ2qJmEXk2mqMFY

Like getting some Hound boss quotes

ADCreHe5nGFZXicBBkEWVdkv5lk3FPKMNs34_dre

This quote was almost much more ominous, but with just linked units dead so far...

ADCreHfJj1E_3wvOvNEX4ekzWtV1c04MQFL4FytB

Lapis then gets in a little chip exp from breaking a chain guard

ADCreHe10MjdVz6zEwOMIntXKSFysmVPdxpQSyZJ

And lets Bouchy Boy trade it over

ADCreHfmdKlarr8ErxGzoVHXhIxnXYA5vE08JWIB

To grab a last minute kill

ADCreHcLUFMP7AlKBncxbwcWZq1L3iGgw6YuZIlS

And Canter out of the way for Alfred to trigger another boss quote

ADCreHcQpcyJWh7UA5tl8amzXv4wzRCpIC-owbVW

...Ouch Alfred really got roasted there, especially with him dealing 0 damage to her.

ADCreHenWTL37pGGl3KlxFl2kJoRjZtRVY_CACrl

And last, but not least Framme gets a survival levelup with some last minute healing

ADCreHe8DqRU6Jc6w7wcPSjzxT4tQXBTd8tPKgZx

But TeeHee escapes, saving me from the consequences of my reckless final actions.

ADCreHcC503CH7tlnz5uBnNG80G5uSKEbHDm_5NU

Anna as MVP? She is certainly showing improvement, but not really the MVP of this map.

ADCreHdnRkJSV-MOXjAzqBoh6fmS_w0p6xsh9kxa

An odd transition from snowy forest to endless boiling desert...

ADCreHc9hZjLAycrWLsnXHuiuIkZAfwUUf5JPzhV

Don't worry Ivy, she will join us in due time.

ADCreHfOktY86x4QRm6AOv4ZO0IsD8NUMETuKTMR

The only option is to move forward, instead of stagnating in the broken past.

ADCreHcJ5oKHoS6yKlbq6VHYNcCvaozknKsLZmmW

The cruel price of naivete, that TeeHee must learn from.

ADCreHfjLQlY12kqCFMplBvRXrQojGgso4AL1Vd3

And you called us stupid, Ivy didn't even need time shenanigans to pull that off.

ADCreHcUL8c6aOao1wnZGW79sRRVMfO0k31b6Wu0

Yeah, we are at a very serious Emblem disadvantage despite Ivy's aid, and it will be a while before we correct that imbalance.

ADCreHeSWRbiwsH7apxzDYGSBr9X5YyYESSL67dLADCreHcbfr9hwfEPjNZ9WcWbmYhOCH6rjTG5vNfP

If only you weren't the dragon loli of this game, St. Rubenio would probably like you, and those war crimey words, and step on us words.

ADCreHe_507A0s9K9WkQVU9RHi331WB7tdUlQJrh

That was certainly a blatant mistake

ADCreHeDTuE0_LBaDxeipwB6k8azsbIFbzPoPGk-ADCreHcBBxBHdTZ-qs_opFUVwTihC3drptF4HvUg

But there were plenty pushing you towards that mistake, with the kind of emotions you have shown yourself to be most vulnerable to.

ADCreHfUer_-YC97gSEGuEj9BIwRGs4GCf0REeo_

And Ivy is brutally telling it like it is.

ADCreHeM51eLXYjW657Vpjpqh8WjZnIQwhl8UqBFADCreHfMFmh6KFCPdWOC5lShYXj6E3hTa_g32kOq

Much as I want to call this out as another instance of Engage shying away from an interesting idea, we are at too low a point to survive such conflict between our crew

ADCreHeIS2XAYBEnrkrXOFSwCfxAxK7kD7r5eX1U

And Diamant has the right of it. Ivy is not responsible for the actions of her father. It is fitting that Diamant brings this up, as if you read any of his supports, you will see how he tries to move away from the mistakes of his father's warring ways.

ADCreHdGXOcPTY70H0aOI_hIKXlB1L2mIHuVWO4lADCreHcD6ws6wHTZ4U7qzgvCReJki4GmX4iz4Pe0

And these groups of apologies feel like a resolution to thing, that might happen when people talk things out like normal people.

ADCreHcrFt7MuDGwiZeAYlppvBjXhbGg_jrtP4FP

With a tragic confession from Alcryst here. Here we have a more traditional feeling of regret about the death of a parent, but still shows the way death freezes the state of their relationship, to the regret of the survivor.

ADCreHdJKXgpxfHLhnkySlhn1SBSkrizk3fmQ_78

A real blunder on your part with that one, as he left it to you two before his suicide by Hyacinth.

ADCreHes9vghbRX7U10AXOxalzR-ZlHfCwMvbsLg

And eventually we will...but it will be a while.

ADCreHcFToMEBkh53FFnqsxO_5Atl6oWIuT068CK

And now Lyn teaches us an important distinction about not killing ourselves the same way Morion did. You don't have to accept the battles your opponents offer, where they are in a position of strength, and instead set up positions of strength for your foes to fall into.

ADCreHdm2DfhP1bgh_uuTCwDpp1qLYCEHF2R-CcV

Lets us move away from this folly, to fall into new ones.

ADCreHcKM-d1Kcir_t3vHoYytfGQMtYDaDJWkaaT

We do need to gather strength, with more Emblems, new recruits, and added experience all around.

ADCreHdSPI8ef-6XVSO60KeTTAv5qsgOOv4mJOnW

I know I am the only one not to lose a unit yet (and if this is anything like my last ironman, I wont have a death til we meet Timerra), but such hubris is just asking for a death...

ADCreHdgJkHFcfDNHCr6hHURweIZVMpv0J_xUvbM

But we are riding that hubris into the heart of Solm

That was an uncomfortably close call, but we made it out of it again...and to the next checkpoint, for me at least.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seems the week itself was just as busy, but here we go, finishing off the two parter, and reaching the next checkpoint.

I am just out of sorts after the last 3 days (it's been a long weekend again), and worse again I'll be missing for a few days after tomorrow.

Maybe I'll solve the decision paralysis around the preset losses.

You should play Legends Arceus instead then...

Oh, some day, but not yet.

If I end up keeping her it will probably be Sniper, as having access to a 20 range Astra Storm is an emergency technique I like having available on an Ironman.

Decent enough call, but I must confess I find Sniper to be a class that could be better? May be just me.

ADCreHdgadUBvYxu-VovijrgnKXVujjLNdSAYyyR

This should be one of the images in the background for Teehee.

ADCreHf8am0uLb5g-CfrNxWRT2OAGRjeVe7Tqpui

But this complicates things a LOT.

That's gonna be a yikes from me.

Oh no.

ADCreHfXrNP3MDiYXiXQKmeO3x-jijL5Np1KbAt6

And If I want to restore him, Framme has to stay in the very edge of Sigurd's range, and with the Corrupted Sigurd is hitching ride on having a Greataxe, Framme will be finished off by the combination of its attack, and the 5 damage Warp-Ragnark flying in from the west. If only I got Canter on Framme instead of the link dead Alcryst. I am in a very literal pickle here, with me having to chose between a dead Alfred, a dead Framme, or giving them a choice of Lapis or Diamant.

So this was a tight scenario, good to see it overcome.

I like how they keep the joke about Lucina disguising herself as Marth around. Keep the memory of that nerdy historical cosplay of hers alive.

It really is the kind of moment where you just go "You know what, fine, you get a chuckle for that one"

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

But TeeHee escapes, saving me from the consequences of my reckless final actions.

Everyone when Alear hits the escape point

Everyone when Leif hits the escape point

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lets us move away from this folly, to fall into new ones.

Like next chapter, where the quicksand could kill someone indirectly!

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late, thanks to Tears of the Kingdom being good and Serenes being slow, but we're back!

oToPBwd.png

Spoiler

wl6A2Gc.png

These guys paired up at the start of enemy phase dafuq

PkM6pag.png

I rally and send Draug

DFzitLX.png

They split O.o

??????

qaXegGD.png

😮

rsWzJcw.png

....benched

6t793jQ.png
HsDq4yD.png
Gordin better, but another Archer is always welcome.

1RjHWRr.png
We get the 2 chests in the middle of the map. There is one on the bottom right which is a chore to get..bah.

QS61anh.png

Reinforcements, my fav. Honestly, i want to end the map right now, but i also want the Wyrmslayer (is it even a Wyrmslayer here?). Why is half the map dedicated to a sole chest lol

HHdeH65.png
Dude i just said you were better than Jeorge

4NJimn0.png

Bushido on Bronze? I mean yeah extra dmg but crit bonus is lost 🤔

K4lvZZS.png
aba.jpeg

hQ4lF2c.png

Seal Defense, ever heard of it? 😄

qWxCAHt.png
WiIKRVg.png
And now to focus on getting that damn chest

tcUTxtd.png
Myrmidon moment

SuWFLs3.png
Good

wxO3XH5.png
Evasion tank counts as defence, i guess XD
Reminder that he has now a higher Speed than Marth if we don't take Dancing Blade into consideration Lmao

LEGVi1K.png
Not bad

vWxxcV7.png
Now that's more like it

vDOYm1g.png

Get!

5M34Mwe.png

And we seize to finish!

1Hsp044.png

"Now that Caeda is dead, can you love me?"

GZWv3YM.png

Imouto time?

Spoiler

I send Hardin and Draug to take care of the cavs

xRAVUCJ.png

bruh

zB0G56o.png
Ermm
Why is that guy running away and not getting the other chest?

And why are the Archers Aggro'd already?

7H2fcYF.png

Draug tanking like a champ

zvXDHoU.png
I save myself the pain of walking through all the terrain...Hopefully i don't regret this later lol

EM8YFmh.png
Still has a higher chance than Catria

294jud7.png

How fun

Type to recruit Minerva and play Checkpoint Centeral. I could also try to push forward, but some of these fuckers have 10 Mov lmao

lv8MnCd.png
Nice

zgA2wTg.png
Muscles

9BizGTV.png
"And i am really badass"

9Bud0m6.png
Not bad

TMTSDIh.png
Marthy boy continues with Myrmidon Levelups

2xFPQJl.png
He has lunge, because of course he does

EZiM1yY.png
😞

ZZ9byWu.png
We finish cleaning up the reinforcements and we treck through the map.

43pdx0h.png
Nice

tDsU9H1.png
Ok

0Losizn.png
If a dragon couldn't stop me, you think you can?

Anyway will Heal abuse Maria for...reasons 🙂

SV5heUF.png
AhuCf9V.png
TPLqeg5.png
dl6hoLP.png
0TbnCho.png
bL7pr6O.png
Im0neuH.png
NcvZniI.png
BdjU4Bl.png
7DXmgj8.png
And...the boss broke his weapons. We can't continue abusing, so let's finish
Shqr67Q.png
Another Myrmidon levelup lol

kNb3hBY.png

We reach the checkpoint.

Btw, here's the reason for the boss abuse

k041YGM.png

😄

Not sure if i will promote her yet. Will decide that when i start next time 😄

Apologies, I took way too long getting back on to this, partly because I was unsure which routes to sacrifice, but I might as well get on with it.

Spoiler

I decide to sack Route 4, which sadly means no Level 25 Braviary, but first off is a meeting with a man with strange choices in hair accessories, who proceeds to say Gordie is a very confident pup, mulls over if there's some secret other way to get power from Pokemon, says he Colress then heads off to meet us up ahead. I manage to phase through one of the passing NPCs as I leave (They're supposed to move aside, so that's neat), I end up charging into a backpacker who fights me and I risk putting Drauis in danger by switching him in to get more money as he had the amulet coin but I avoid getting into trouble there. This of course reducing the experience I can get for any new guys, I admonish myself before going to catch something I can't use. Of course, I get Sandile, so that's unfortunate, I'd have rathered anything else be lost. It's also level 14, so I can't risk hitting it when all my team is 10 levels above it. A great ball works first try at least, so say aloha to Jean-Wrys, benched Sandile. A shame, considering he has Rock Tomb. Job done, I take a step back to go for Drilbur in Relic Passage, because frankly this seems the most obvious pick for long term ground types. Picking up some Super Repels because that's an option now, I head for the passage, go for some the items in the lower area and get a Drilbur to show up. Abelanne puts it to sleep, but it breaks out of the ball twice and I try to confuse it, hoping it takes some damage, which it does. Third time's the charm, so we catch Ogmalfred the Drilbur (Here's hoping she doesn't take after the Engage half of herself), who I go to grind for a moment so she can learn Dig. After that though, I face the trainers in Relic passage to give Ogmalfred more exp and get some cash, she 1-shots with crit digs, we move on to find a bunch of Crustle and in front of them Colress, who proceeds to force them to wake up and leave, he comments that people power is needed for Pokemon to realise their potential then forces us into a fight. I have a easy time with Ogmalfred, who one-shots the Klink and two shots the magnemite with Mud Slap despite her low Special Atk. He compliments out prowess, gives me a Protein I use on Ogmalfred (What, she wants to get strong), pretty much tells us he doesn't believe N was real and leaves.

I skip past everything in the ruins, heading for the Desert Resort to get my next catch. Trying to lower the risk of Darumaka, I go for inside the main part, risk Ogmalfred dying to Cleffa if she'd hit with Magical Leaf, then run in the sand until the repel expires. Next step? I get a Sandshrew, another one that if I were to enforce legacy would be banned and I would want to do that so much. If I'd kept the repel on I could have rigged it too, bugger. Alas, Boucorst joins the party, to be a last resort. After another fight where I risk Ogmalfred, I put her at the back and start wailing with the others for the moment and give Boucorst the Exp Share. I find a Fire Stone, which while nice for Gordie is way too soon to be using it. I also see Ogmalfred really ain't fast yet when she gets outsped by a Magby before she digs, takes two thirds off her health and only gets away with it because she oneshot on the dig. But barring scares, there isn't much to worry about in the area. So while going through this, I theorise on the plan for my next capture, which has to be benched.

Spoiler

I discount the Relic Castle, because Volcarona is too powerful to not go for. Lostlorn Forest is also an option, but there's a fair amount of possible options and some would be very useful even for the next two gyms, though Skyla would be rough for most of them (On top of that, the hidden grotto doesn't unlock until after the gym, so I could wait and chance a Heracross, which I can't get otherwise). Routes 16 and 5 share the same pokemon, but Route 5 does have a hidden Grotto and I can increase my chances of whatever I get being random by trying for Audino, so with that in mind I decide to got for Route 16 next.

It's also in this theorising I realise while Whimsicott is S tier, Lilligant has real potential especially with Quiver Dance and while evolving earlier would lose Leaf Storm, for sweeping purposes Giga Drain would be near enough on it's own, just a shame it's movepool isn't broader but Dream Eater is viable for it too, so that trade on Route 4 won't happen. Game Freak sort out your shit with hating Grass type already.

Oh yeah, one of the backpackers caused absolute alarm when she nearly killed Ogmalfred with a Sandshrew hitting 8 Magnitude, jeez I need a special fighter yesterday. After that surprise I decide to start getting those other captures and moving on, we'll go back to Relic castle later for the items because I'd like to see if I have something for Sigilyph- Or I can see if the TM's in the northern part and get that at least. It's not sadly, so I'll have to wait on the Sigilyph. But I get a Heart Scale, face a trainer and move on passing through Route 4. I soon reach Join Avenue, which I kinda liked at the time, though it's a feature that probably should have been more akin to Entralink in terms of interacting with other players. Anyways, the guy who owns it decides he can't manage the joint, so he pressgangs you into managing it, I say YOOOOOO to him and he decides it's a good idea (hey, it's about what I expect from management consultancy as a profession) and he leaves you assistants, who tell you to ask someone to open up a shop (I feel like I'm in an MLM) and the first thing we get's a dojo. After giving recommendations I move on to Nimbasa, then keep walking to Route 16. I avoid some trainers and try to get some shaking grass. When I do I get a level 24 Audino who can do some damage, but I get it down to Yellow health and asleep quickly, catch it first try and add Alcastor to the team, before benching her and leaving the route and calling time on progress for the moment.

TL;DR: Get past the random Sand route in Unova, sort out the dead encounters, still leave the substantial stuff to later

Team:

Spoiler

Team:

Abelanne the Watchog

Frain the Lucario

Gordie the Growlithe

Drauis the Eevee

Ogmalfred the Drilbur

Boucorst the Sandshrew

Benched due to route deaths:

Jean-Wrys the Sandile

Alcastor the Audino

Dead:

Vanden

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Spoiler
On 10/22/2023 at 2:53 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rsWzJcw.png

....benched

RIP

K4lvZZS.png
aba.jpeg

So to optimise Wendell, you use all the mages.

Reinhardt's smile is very accurate.

wxO3XH5.png
Evasion tank counts as defence, i guess XD
Reminder that he has now a higher Speed than Marth if we don't take Dancing Blade into consideration Lmao

Draug was the Speedy armour for a reason.

vWxxcV7.png
Now that's more like it

Gordin 5-Points hits it on the mark!

1Hsp044.png

"Who?"

xRAVUCJ.png

bruh

This is why Hardin becomes a villain in the future.

zvXDHoU.png
I save myself the pain of walking through all the terrain...Hopefully i don't regret this later lol

They made her an ally in the hack lol.

2xFPQJl.png

It's Fates engine, of course it would use Lunge.

You got a lot of time at least.

k041YGM.png

😄

>Flying Maria

LESSGO

RVWxhRd.png

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

RIP

honestly might still use for the really good pair up bonuses

It's Fates engine, of course it would use Lunge

i don't mind it honestly, however Lunge + 10 MoV is kinda....???

I dealt with it easily yeah, nothing like super tough CQ combinations, but it still made me go "WTF?"

>Flying Maria

LESSGO

>next chapter full of Ballista

On 10/21/2023 at 6:53 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wl6A2Gc.png

These guys paired up at the start of enemy phase dafuq

Now that is some new AI behavior for this hack.

DFzitLX.png

They split O.o

??????

Where they just using it for water walking or something? It feels like some bespoke tinkering to keep the formation from log jamming on the bridge or something.

qaXegGD.png

😮

rsWzJcw.png

....benched

Very normal Shadow Dragon levelups 😛

QS61anh.png

Reinforcements, my fav. Honestly, i want to end the map right now, but i also want the Wyrmslayer (is it even a Wyrmslayer here?). Why is half the map dedicated to a sole chest lol

Because Manaketes are supposed to be dangerous enough for you to Need the Wyrmslayer to deal with them...

1Hsp044.png

Such optimism from Catria. He never even sees you, you poor girl

Ermm
Why is that guy running away and not getting the other chest?

And why are the Archers Aggro'd already?

Both of these are terrifying statements to see in an ironman setting.

zvXDHoU.png

Eh, this game has a warp staff right? That should mitigate the value of rescue for any endgame necessary shenanigans like the one Conquest has.

2xFPQJl.png

Lol, that skill is only really dangerous when they support it with a nasty formation, and those fools are spreading way too much in their approach for that.

dl6hoLP.png

Oooh, now that is a good skill to be getting so early.

Wow, really squeezing all Exp you can out of this boss fight. This one is really going to kill the turn counts

k041YGM.png

😄

Not sure if i will promote her yet. Will decide that when i start next time 😄

I really like this choice of promotion, giving the youngest Macedon princess a Wyvern of her own.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:33 AM, Punished Dayni said:

I decide to sack Route 4, which sadly means no Level 25 Braviary,

Fair enough, as it would be weak to the next gym, and you probably want one of the ground pokemon from the desert for next gym, so even if you did keep route 4, you might want a more normal encounter anyway.

A great ball works first try at least, so say aloha to Jean-Wrys, benched Sandile. A shame, considering he has Rock Tomb.

RIP, the Sandile line is rather solid, especially with both its possible abilities being fantastic.

Third time's the charm, so we catch Ogmalfred the Drilbur (Here's hoping she doesn't take after the Engage half of herself)

Now that is a fantastic encounter, especially once it evolves. It also makes me think we will see some Air Balloon Excadrill strats for Clay.

Trying to lower the risk of Darumaka, I go for inside the main part, risk Ogmalfred dying to Cleffa if she'd hit with Magical Leaf, then run in the sand until the repel expires. Next step? I get a Sandshrew, another one that if I were to enforce legacy would be banned and I would want to do that so much. If I'd kept the repel on I could have rigged it too, bugger.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. It could be a lot worse really, as this is the first games where Sandshrew has an actual levelup movepool

I have a easy time with Ogmalfred, who one-shots the Klink and two shots the magnemite with Mud Slap despite her low Special Atk.

Already putting in some work by clearing out Colress's Steel team.

I discount the Relic Castle, because Volcarona is too powerful to not go for.

Fair enough, but that does mean putting off an encounter for two gyms...

(On top of that, the hidden grotto doesn't unlock until after the gym, so I could wait and chance a Heracross, which I can't get otherwise)

That would be another encounter put off til after the gym. Hopefully you have enough fire power for Elesa.

I get being random by trying for Audino, so with that in mind I decide to got for Route 16 next.

If you are having dead encounters effect species clause, that is probably a good move to better control shaking grass encounters, although Audino is a better pokemon than people generally expect

Oh yeah, one of the backpackers caused absolute alarm when she nearly killed Ogmalfred with a Sandshrew hitting 8 Magnitude, jeez I need a special fighter yesterday.

Yikes, and that is even before the little guy has a ground weakness. I guess your foe was trying to get his fellow Sandshrew Boucorst a permanent slot on the team with that better Black 2/White 2 movepool.

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ow that is some new AI behavior for this hack.

I think they might just run the:

38ece741e6b8d1ca8fcf44ccb5e908b7.png

code on enemy turn? I can't say that it's actually an A.I function, but i could of course be wrong here. XD

Let's get back on with getting to Elesa, shall we?

Spoiler

For a few days, I have some other stuff on my mind so the most I do is Join Avenue stuff, but I decide to pop by Route 5 to see what happens and Bianca shows up to give Fly (nice, but I'll have to wait for Driftveil Bridge for anything to use it with), then explains hidden grottos, brings us to one and then lets us decide if we want to face the Minccino that's waiting for us. Said Minccino will have Skill Link, which makes multi-hit moves hit the full amount. This is useful with moves it can learn and is a good option for bulky opponents. So I go for it. I get it down to yellow health but Drauis gets encored and I don't want to risk crits so switch in Abelanne. She misses Hypnosis 3 times in a row before the Minccino puts her to sleep first try so I say screw it, throw a ball and it's first try. Larros the Minccino joins in the box, I take advantage of the food maniac to sell some Castelia cones for 20 times what I paid for them (This is why they're worth getting daily) and move on to Lostlorn Forest, where we have another grotto with a more significant possible ally. I pop on a repel but get ambushed by a trainer who seems to have perfect senses, get jumpscared by a Zoroark after it gave me a TM, then find the Grotto. If it doesn't have Heracross now, I can't get it again as I'd have too fight what's there first, but so be it.

First time I check, I find a Great Ball. Second time, I find a hidden mulch. Third is a Pokeball. Fourth is another mulch and at this point I realise it's going to be a while before anything happens. Then a Repel shows up, a Super Repel, a Hyper Potion, before we finally get an encounter...... which will be Combee. So that sucks, guess I go back to the grass. Apparently it's even less likely to be female (5%) than usual, which is a sick joke after over an hour of this. After walking in the grass, we face that breeder again, because apparently he also repeats encounters. What the hell? After fighting the guy again, Boucorst evolves into Sandslash. Then I take a step and get our encounter, a Venipede. Gordie is below half health because of the last fight. I switch in Frain, get it paralysed with Force Palm, then catch first try and name the Venipede Juliaka. I get out of the woods, then have a thought on what party I want against Elesa. Boucorst and Ogmalfred are the best bets I have, with her whole party having Volt Switch that makes sense and risking Pursuit from all but the Flaffy doesn't help either if it comes to that. The Zebstrika also knows Flame Charge, making Frain and Juliaka too risky to use, so Frain and Gordie get benched for the moment as I bring out the new recruits to get training on the trainers I hadn't faced yet on prior routes, going as far back as Castelia City.

Juliaka evolves to Whirlipede clearing the Battle Company and gets Iron Defence, a good time for noting that Baton Pass and Agility are in it's level up moveset (If it could learn Work Up we had a nigh perfect baton passer there.... but it learns Swords Dance 😈..... which like U-Turn is BP locked. I might just call for a cheat and trade over to my White Save for these TMs.), crawl through Route 4 and go back to Relic Castle (Abelanne 2-shots the Sigilyph, which is enough to survive it using Psybeam twice), get the TMs on the routes mentioned, get back to Nimbasa and get the celeb's xtransciever, take a ferris wheel ride where I get to hear someone talk about their perspiration, clear Elesa's old gym, fight in the stadia, do some grinding in Lostlorn Woods (confirming Drauis can evolve, I just don't want to yet) and go back to face Ingo and Emmet. This fight goes fine, I take a detour to Anville Town, which gets me a free Rare Candy and I get back to grinding.

TL;DR: Get myself above 6 pokemon, get some evolutions, I do a lot of not fighting the gym. Hopefully I can get myself into position for that in the morning, I won't be able to the next few days.

It's interesting to note my next two encounters are pretty much set (Ducklett is 100% encounter nd Driftveil has a guaranteed Zorua), but those are pretty much it until after the PWT (Surf isn't before then). Clay will be interesting based on what I have.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Spoiler

honestly might still use for the really good pair up bonuses

He must guard Tiki.

i don't mind it honestly, however Lunge + 10 MoV is kinda....???

12 range Lunge hit is hilarious.

Good thing they don't have spy yumis or Ballista range.

>next chapter full of Ballista

....Fair.

Will Fates Ballista be used? Or will it be more like SD? If it's the former, flying Maria seems like it can still work.

(Also, How did I miss the enemy pair up-unpairing?)

@Eltosian Kadath

Spoiler
17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

RIP, the Sandile line is rather solid, especially with both its possible abilities being fantastic.

I know, losing them is a shame as I could have used it for sure

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. It could be a lot worse really, as this is the first games where Sandshrew has an actual levelup movepool

It'll be a while before it gets going, so Excadril will do for Clay (I may be hoping to avoid evolving it against Elesa).

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now that is a fantastic encounter, especially once it evolves. It also makes me think we will see some Air Balloon Excadrill strats for Clay.

Well, that depends on if I have an Air Balloon, or if she survives to then.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That would be another encounter put off til after the gym. Hopefully you have enough fire power for Elesa.

Ogmalfred and Boucorst may be plenty once they have enough levels, but . And of course I got the chance to anyways because the hidden grotto tutorial isn't locked to after the gym.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you are having dead encounters effect species clause, that is probably a good move to better control shaking grass encounters, although Audino is a better pokemon than people generally expect

Fair enough criticism, there's good reasons to consider using Audino, though Gen 6 does give it a mega to argue for as well.

Let's actually fight Elesa now.

Spoiler

On route 5, I get another demonstration of why Audino is a punching bag that hits back on Gordie (He lives, but Secret Power is effectively 100 BP. That ain't nothing), trigger one of the phonecalls from Yancy, pop back into Lostlorn Forest and do some more grinding, decide to fight the Combee that I expected to be male, only for it to be female (wow), Ogmalfred learns Rock Slide, making the Emolga hopefully irrelevant, during my grinding I get a second call from Yancy heading back out and Gordie learns Flame Burst, before we head back to the gym. I have Boucorst take on the first gym trainer and Ogmalfred the other two, which they do with no issue, before we have the big reveal of Elesa at centre stage. Side note, the notes in this track that they have of people singing are definitely sampled, as they're also in TWEWY, specifically the pig battle theme. So that's a neat little bit. The grinding took a while, but now it's time. Elesa starts with Emolga, Ogmalfred takes 20 damage from a crit Pursuit, while Rock Slide doesn't 1-shot, which of course means she heals the Emolga. Ogmalfred then Slashes and Rock Slides to finish it, while the Flaaffy does damage with Take Down and I miss Rock Slide because I'm stupid and picked the wrong move. I heal Ogmalfred, then raise her Atk with Hone Claws for a few turns while the Flaaffy keeps using Take Down, which requires me to heal again because it's persistent. I then use Dig, which does the job, before Elesa brings in her ace. She outspeeds and uses Flame Charge, while Ogmalfred goes for Dig. This works just fine, Ogmalfred 1-shots with Dig and gets a level, which I choose not to evolve. Elesa gives the badge and Volt Switch, Alearth gets put on the screen, Elesa follows after we leave and I go to the centre after doing some can buying (I get some free cans too).

TL;DR: Boucorst doesn't need to lift a claw, a mole takes over the catwalk.

Good thing I got it done now because I wouldn't be able to update over this weekend.

Apologies for the delay

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 4

Spoiler

I added another 6 pokes to the group this time around

Smashing a rock to cross route 111 (RIP desert encounter) we find a Geodude, who I nickname Rocky

KaLEyXoz_o.pnglBmsgTf2_o.png

I access the Fiery Path first to try to guarantee an encounter, and I end up only coming out with a Grimer, nicknamed Mukbang

gsmFskhu_o.png

Luckily, we got a Numel on route 112, nicknamed Chester

tt8nvR9w_o.png

On route 113 I have another Ralts moment and get a Skarmory. Ikaros was the hardest to capture so far, breaking almost 10 pokeballs

852tHXiJ_o.png

Altria the Swablu is next on the team, captured as we head to Meteor Falls to save Professor Cozmo. Brendan helps us beat Team Aqua, tanking all of the enemies' attacks.

1SvvbDkM_o.png

Speaking of Team Aqua, they surrounded Mt. Chimney to carry out their stupid plans, so it was up to us to save the day. Archie was more annoying than difficult, his Sharpedo froze my two electric pokemon.

Anyway, we crossed the Jagged Pass to the south where we added René the Machop to the team, picking up the items thanks to the Acro Bike and arriving in Lavaridge.

OQpQolrd_o.png

There we got an egg from an old lady, which after a looooooooooooong time hatched into Linda the Wynaut. Fun Fact: you can't use the bike inside the pokemon center, but you can use it inside the hot springs.

GFbLIlYb_o.png

Finishing all this, time for the Gym. Flannery was even easier than Wattson and fell to Theresa's Bulldoze. Here's the "team" that beat her.

NME948Rw_o.pngfWU6LGNV_o.png

Checkpoint reached.

@Newtype06

Spoiler
On 10/30/2023 at 12:24 AM, Newtype06 said:

Smashing a rock to cross route 111 (RIP desert encounter) we find a Geodude, who I nickname Rocky

Can you at least trade him up to Golem? Bold is a bit unfortunate, but the wall potential (if only physical) combined with sacrifice option is there.

I access the Fiery Path first to try to guarantee an encounter, and I end up only coming out with a Grimer, nicknamed Mukbang

gsmFskhu_o.png

I mean, it's got some alright defences, but you could get better in there.

tt8nvR9w_o.png

Numel's alright I suppose, but this being AS probably doesn't help.

On route 113 I have another Ralts moment and get a Skarmory. Ikaros was the hardest to capture so far, breaking almost 10 pokeballs

852tHXiJ_o.png

From my experience Skarmory's always a bitch to catch. But hey, it's got some effort and what luck for an encounter, I'd say pretty useful for the run.

Altria the Swablu is next on the team, captured as we head to Meteor Falls to save Professor Cozmo. Brendan helps us beat Team Aqua, tanking all of the enemies' attacks.

1SvvbDkM_o.png

....Only for you to get Altaria with Mega potential too. Sheesh.

And that nature, pretty good all in all.

(Did you lose an encounter between 114 as well?)

Anyway, we crossed the Jagged Pass to the south where we added René the Machop to the team, picking up the items thanks to the Acro Bike and arriving in Lavaridge.

OQpQolrd_o.png

RIP, another trade evo, but Machamp would have ggod potential for Norman and has potential in E4.

There we got an egg from an old lady, which after a looooooooooooong time hatched into Linda the Wynaut. Fun Fact: you can't use the bike inside the pokemon center, but you can use it inside the hot springs.

GFbLIlYb_o.png

Wynaut I suppose.

(You'd think the bike would get stuck in the water)

Finishing all this, time for the Gym. Flannery was even easier than Wattson and fell to Theresa's Bulldoze. Here's the "team" that beat her.

Never do Monograss Emerald, this is a bitch to prep for. I also see you had planned for Guts Swellow if need be and evolved Rocky (:)) shame Dennis's level was not enough for Tentacruel. All too easy for Gyarados in the end (can't even get one in BW2 before postgame, they knew)

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We are all set to continue, right?

I should think so, but I'm going to be honest I probably don't touch it for at least the next 2 if not 3 weeks depending on how things go.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also are my Pokelists here complete?

Mine is, from what I can see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 5:02 PM, Punished Dayni said:

then explains hidden grottos, brings us to one and then lets us decide if we want to face the Minccino that's waiting for us. Said Minccino will have Skill Link, which makes multi-hit moves hit the full amount. This is useful with moves it can learn and is a good option for bulky opponents. So I go for it.

Sometimes its a benefit to be a little wrong in your game knowledge, and Skill Link Minccino is a nice enough Pokemon to get.

She misses Hypnosis 3 times in a row before the Minccino puts her to sleep first try so I say screw it, throw a ball and it's first try.

The luck giveth, and taketh.

which will be Combee.

Oof, male Combee is about as bad as it gets.

then catch first try and name the Venipede Juliaka.

At least you don't have to take the Combee

gets Iron Defence, a good time for noting that Baton Pass and Agility are in it's level up moveset (If it could learn Work Up we had a nigh perfect baton passer there.... but it learns Swords Dance 😈..... which like U-Turn is BP locked. I might just call for a cheat and trade over to my White Save for these TMs.)

And it sounds like a solid Baton Pass mon there.

Well, that depends on if I have an Air Balloon, or if she survives to then.

Fairly certain you are given an Air Balloon in Clay's city somewhere.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:24 AM, Punished Dayni said:

trigger one of the phonecalls from Yancy,

It always did seem strange to give the player character of a Pokemon game, a love interest old enough to go on international business trips.

fight the Combee that I expected to be male, only for it to be female (wow),

Now the luck is just taunting you, as you never get female Combee in a Nuzlock.

She outspeeds and uses Flame Charge, while Ogmalfred goes for Dig. This works just fine, Ogmalfred 1-shots with Dig and gets a level, which I choose not to evolve.

Good work with the unevolved Drilbur sweep, surviving what would be a super effective hit in its final form.

On 10/29/2023 at 5:24 PM, Newtype06 said:

Ah too bad, but if you need to go back and forth to the pokecenter enough, you usually get stuck with the rock smash encounter.

852tHXiJ_o.png

Wow, this is a bit of a lucky run in other was.

. Archie was more annoying than difficult, his Sharpedo froze my two electric pokemon.

And then you get this random bit of awful luck to balance the scales a bit.

Crushing sweep with the Gyarados, classic nuzlock strat there.

On 10/31/2023 at 3:03 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We are all set to continue, right?

Yep, sorry about the brief delay

On 10/31/2023 at 3:44 PM, Punished Dayni said:

I should think so, but I'm going to be honest I probably don't touch it for at least the next 2 if not 3 weeks depending on how things go.

That makes me feel a little better about taking a week and a half off playing some DS 3...

Now for chapter 12 of Engage

Spoiler

When we return to the Somniel, thanks to TeeHee already being promoted

ADCreHd9REdDCz9vhkNHS5z4LNsxVNptgoL60Xxs

We have unlocked the weird wyvern minigame. Not a big deal, but I know the requirement for being promoted makes the timing for unlocking this option in the Somniel unusual.

ADCreHegmYLnRrocfxjB94tK3Faw776lhRXxJa9d

We also have two more promotions ready to be sold in the shop in preparation for next chapter, but I will wait on using them until I look at the map. Plus we have more important thing to consider

ADCreHffCZjncKrsTLEMATIMtQhkIib2MhYsYvQX

Like new people to dress up, with new clothes to accessorize them in. That long green scarf looks nice on him.

ADCreHeWlXXEI34I4WgVlhdSPBanMYxl4GjNVZqi

I might end up changing her out of this outfit later, but for now, the Elusians have a bit of a green theme to them. I am waiting on changing anything about Kagetsu... and I am still not sure if I want to even use the fellow either.

ADCreHcVSp36rsEjdyFCHeHLdAtLyPwoJ_K2ogW9

I also change up Louis outfit to a different one with a cravat

ADCreHc9ngFoRQNvpMBu7DEXSG3vH1a-Ma08wXz7

We do have another three level round of arena action, opening with this very defensive levelup on Citrinne

ADCreHejk6xhJ_hv4yCaE17MGnnItjSHUUOhV9y7

and my Bouchy Boy misses strength again

ADCreHdtXOqValpFVnqX4VfP_lP2NRoejzqY4LKt

LOL, more Res.

Alright, time for some more Engage story

ADCreHffnrt4Cp8cb_Yr11ClirBo4spRzjVq_QoE

ADCreHex8UCzW6JiFisqi_21HVNVJJiBdTZHEWzu

Yeah, the way the icy snow kingdom and hot desert kingdom are right next door is rather jarring.

ADCreHeFNTPftfhbzFJ5kd5ZDbgG7SI6GhvUo64H

At least the desert is protecting them like winter does Russia.

ADCreHdNqtJx4yzX07s_7rBJQi9AyF7sPnWgjxcK

Alfred, that is beyond tactless...

ADCreHd3M6E81CYV6wXvWZ__LuaBt4QUx2BKC3aW

But at least she took it in the best light possible.

ADCreHc4osCQXOO2yuQFiWlxPdLJ_wbFuMUO7YRb

Sigh, even in Engage Ike is given undue importance.

ADCreHeKdiHxB3gWbTcIxen4yKNqrtoSYE0HQxK6

ADCreHeVrSOhTV6b_WjhIr-epn--S8yXqdl3NMSP

Good on Ivy for pointing out a real question here, of why the other nobles are as clueless as TeeHee and Ivy

ADCreHdMuZY3UpPkfnqRLUyEmEw9aLGboBuo7wRP

...Eh, I guess I can give it a pass, but a kind of lazy explanation

ADCreHdOPatkceY2Di_yue1TZ2yFbgjzsQbFkDg1

But Alfred's excuse makes perfect sense.

ADCreHfA-Y6LJ-v8sFlNHh3HYcac-ZLyBZPZSYRF

You don't have to rub it in Fogado, we know.

ADCreHct8SWh3CwXuLewh6W9zsMtFQvot8kt3nMY

And avoiding the fact that you are a Solmic prince in this explanation is just plain deceptive.

ADCreHcf7F1AqH--AHWiABYvNheTrTVy0CdxE4f-

Ah, the old Divine shock of discovering who TeeHee is.

ADCreHeLq1ZOR4o3Tg83j8biDdnwIDyTSHQ6CK1A

And I like how casual he is about TeeHee being casual.

ADCreHdvzFCt_8A0932fH_fnYPD5CjlrXn19u_nx

...Sorry, the eyes on the Solmic siblings is just entrancing.

ADCreHeAYefMbpswsSAbqUp5demu7kjnJTBPAHncADCreHeP-33Z01G_LSDfT9u1eZOlqQt9EzeGbCXs

Well we needed to have a Fire Emblem map somehow. Although I do like the framing of it as more of an errand than a real map.

ADCreHdfxJBWTDULxkOWOEZcO9G0YlpjiiD9Zod8

Ah, look at those meandering goobers we are about to take out

ADCreHfLBTvAq2Xa8A8XO__BJcrnD-sMRhUP44op

Naw, I doubt I will bother to use you Pandreo, but I don't want you to die out here, and kill off anyone important with the linked folk

ADCreHfgFTUVTNSHvu3T1RgBAw5y8kPqqqLuqLpT

*cue laugh track*

ADCreHd7FRPEP28VreFvb1ajf62aaqqL1xMjiJ8N

This is getting into Fatewakening levels of gimmick character writing with Bunet, the food one.

ADCreHdpI3gyWIS1Ku4QUU-mF-7dRH3aLN2MiwVN

...Alright I do kind of like that casual telling off he gets for it.

Then I look over the miserable 7 deployment slots available, and start making the difficult decision of who to bring, and who to promote

ADCreHdZtvkZZz4ciIZNKxGFI0kLLVPFW8qgcDeZADCreHdo5NcQ468JpSY4vxljK81S4cGar12arqE4

These have been long overdue really. Ivy and Alfred could use a promotion too, but we will get them in due time.

ADCreHdKw2_mqbuEIecl3wRgk7FTviCbTfnrrRV4ADCreHckfElf9_y0PXFNDheJjIC0gFbZgIqZnlDi

I do also switch up my Emblems. Not the best option for either really, but with only 7 deployment slots, I felt rather limited in my options.

ADCreHe-24wN3Dyk3vehn2ExJ7Zps6_QjKrlrx7w

Here are the 7 I am bringing. These were tough choices, I almost brought Zelkov, but there is no terrain he can really use, and Lapis for a 20 range Astra storm, but I decide to bring my promotes, and almost promoted in the end.

ADCreHfdWla6qyWh9T8-6tcL7aMRKNYpUbvLGCZu

I did also fiddle with my deployment locations a little as well

ADCreHdnhtl129WloswYD8oqhqK7YC6-KBye9vv1

And we do have some lemming to protect on this map as well.

ADCreHfnGmF8Zh5MxMRFetaqCdoSEngOQTCSY-2z

And I open by testing something I only vaguely remember, which might be important

ADCreHcn2k0gjwyqPVzhbhjv_XYLNTj_esQR_S7z

and like I remembered, the sands do prevent you from cantering.

ADCreHfBJY-JVA_LJdZLnrqvsDJnRSVmGxWxdI4a

RIP first enemy

ADCreHd45Se-KKTLkxgsBQsBWWIBmXewjz9x4dsD

And then enemy number 2

ADCreHd0T33-kdnyk7KAu-J92IpcDqgSvJWc5beM

Boucheron takes on the next intentionally from range, and while he could canter back, I have him stay where he is to grab an effective damage kill on enemy phase

ADCreHfC0yCfsEcQ4Iiyz0mpQL_R2NA1Tbw5kRUo

And the showoff gets the most pointless crit possible here, where Framme still has to heal him.

ADCreHcOeQZCq4HuBoPJV1JSyKg6tg0Dtk3sag6T

And with this last kill, we have a nice opening play, as I don't plan on using the other three much.

ADCreHdASJ3cL7bp4IBgBWya3GmKKxDro2FYpvuf

Although we might need to use that sweet warp staff.

ADCreHdojf6Nw0O0uaPeGLBd6GCBYHZIBQLWgX9s

Just Louis things

ADCreHcy_N1aAQD_FfBiyRf0ko3XEF9_4aSRWc4p

Things are all going according to keikaku

ADCreHeGeFOeRWZ6e1qmAeJDGpZ3IubneE6YUeUF

And next turn Louis opens by killing his way out a desert, while cantering over into baiting an enemy wolf knight into one, with the Jav counter already setup for it.

ADCreHc6M7qFy5o9Jn77XbsnsWGZxTWOIonJCF2b

Citrinne sets up a kill for Framme

ADCreHcOJUo77gNQh4a7V6Vwk7BkKSeXIGqW_JXg

so she doesn't have to face a hard hitting counter.

ADCreHcT9TvDP8a0u9TIS_wgi7OvoiD2DYMFx9av

I also try to setup another enemy phase, but I have made a serious mistake here, but a subtle one.

ADCreHeUU-lSHv6_6iT-hB8TsNkXws2QpAH76Ixi

This was riskier than it had to be

ADCreHdvAnaUv7oPYmTxQ-K9JCVm6Ng3Jngy1_j7

But overall the enemy phase setups worked perfectly

ADCreHdxHU_z8Pmb9JkPn2kEllaotEKqxfTcr8VR

Although Louis did miss his counter, but Framme managed one hit for the break at least

ADCreHcLfAnn-yUwyYrzQ_TKOTj3Uuz3qISqGE2b

And Alfred gets the lower accuracy kill with the free break hit

ADCreHcQuzO-o0AnPy6YBkV2scxYDc184meSXDIa

While Ivy finishes the other chipped one,

ADCreHd_sduF5FJf0prp3bkyy6xUMyx80SJIbirS

And Boucheron can wipe out the killer sword safely from range, but

ADCreHfkoqioWwsRvaIgkwC_zayRKTew8OJshRw3

The enemies are finally in range of attacking the greenies, and while this one will be just fine

ADCreHckpYtaaFhyxTWxV5DPdZq_POADGVpv961n

I simply couldn't reach this Levin Sword one in time. I needed to Astra Storm him, but TeeHee was positioned in the worst possible place they could be last turn, as they could only be warped into a desert to get closer to it. Perhaps if I had brought Lapis for the 20 range Astra Storm...

Sigh, whelp RIP the Master Seal for Alfred I guess.

ADCreHe229ppO0pB-Rh2vNmpvWYr5Aw5TnV8ykPoADCreHebeDthMGxEu481VUSNVUQMh4S_Z8x2nkTV

Time for a little revenge against the foes threatening our remaining greenies, although that Levin Sworder is still out of range in the bottom left hand corner...

ADCreHdyujbXcjfz7fDVzk4WO2jnPu3AF6sPjoFc

And we have some reinforcements to deal with

ADCreHexNw5CICvlbccfgLcUqEuHFHtzhx-8xhh9
And I just proc the "super" hit just for the perfect accuracy. I really haven't used Lucina all that well, as I should be using her to block hits more.

ADCreHcSLqFTa3h7QWCofSdM2RdqYeq06uWclv3r

Citrinne is baiting in the Levin Sword

ADCreHcrYhbu4-klb7Aonta98DAZ-LqqP-ymL867

And she does a good job at it, but otherwise we have reinforcements threatening us from all sides.

ADCreHfD_5giB9Tq3wDIuYOHT4JsFTG6GpEk4Vdl

So we open by slaughtering a flier with a bow

ADCreHcyPvRF54EOqGie2Cuuy94mhSLU5J0KqFUZ

TeeHee only chips this one, and canters back

ADCreHfuluCK5kHjpgiriAGTjWlc7WedDM4q3RSF

To protect Ivy after she secures the Thunder kill

ADCreHfl78kh9Jdze2Qj2GZL5nyKWJKcOC2ocScF

Huh, just build...what an odd levelup for her

ADCreHdBENrvudIO2-cq-dFMHUQP5sNPJMwz990V

Elsurge earns us a reliable kill on the Levin sworder

ADCreHd1ZZfMwxMJsudEpoScc8OXUzQhe74hOq_7

For a fabulous little levelup on Citrinne

ADCreHd9CLHeaKLUXR9h0Ixj2XwRoimM0ccnSINa

And while we are a bit spread out, we are well enough positioned for the enemies that are here

ADCreHerNlr7OBfvmsqCaAq2u71I4u4zvCqCR2cZ

With TeeHee getting a nice free enemy phase kill thanks to smash weapons sucking.

ADCreHc-Mrc11yeahQk0gAsFbcq5zQJ0cjpMM5XP

and Alfred get a nice dodge

ADCreHepgpNev211Avh5vBGlAPcyH7issqA-ynFQ

...and crit to match his bestie right next to him

ADCreHef088Wltk0bpuSF3SUZYQaKUiIzcVerrLX

For a stongth levelup

ADCreHcGi6od7y7uuH2j85EGjSYl12WBhQiTOFJA

We don't have all that much action this turn

ADCreHdUXCwwYTycbuRsJevXJYu3a00D69ck9DRc

Mostly just grabbing this enemy healer kill

ADCreHcjMguQ5Y4Y2b_TeXXeP4rrP-bLfQzo82jg

As the rest of the survivors are lingering in the corners

ADCreHe8kBA86mLLp0Ay5jDhBaSwLjG9nvz2W5FA

...That complicates things. This group is perfectly positioned to slaughter the lemmings,

ADCreHcMiioHJCjsdPkQ9_SI6oWdVwTYwmaoANnw

And I can only just barely take them out, even using the new un-

ADCreHcPYl7Mc2QVD1s55EppGKz61VrPNMHxSPVD

Bunet, you have just saved me a host of troubles with that crit. That puts me in a far more comfortable position

ADCreHfyz659hNz-A5ULnFxIlJ8ZgBmi9LZLAVVuADCreHeRTL-g8bTLQ9EDR1TvCyaTab4Tn-iO-7B2

As that takes care of the other wolfie

ADCreHcEAdTl1wDXlWGEy-243728zYalWQ1a06Hm

So that TeeHee can just kill the late of them in that direction.

ADCreHdSwHLHpp5206rz_qR-DA4MFlMl3dxw-vdF

Finally Louis kills a mage,

ADCreHccOzJmGVesuC4N4dhCHYaBSnVjJDIUK-Xr

And prepares for a little enemy phase action

ADCreHdXg3LmGCDJQaGjTLID_akZvdcfO_7IW9ATADCreHduDo894U_mZO9IlbxnefmaXv4JCJus8Nl7

Together with Alfred.

ADCreHe0AxaKGZh793vatYiQk1Y41biQpTjPWVK8

With no new reinforcements this should be that last turn, as Bouchy Boy

ADCreHdxnpp_ChrujAQxVeNwBblxwTr3Nyy8bDiK

Levels on the chip, but still misses that strength proc.

ADCreHd5M4Or5LmpLutL_1PpdR-iBzz3wUsjBC3e

That lets TeeHee eat the kill.

ADCreHcygPQr3QI1x4bMoO8c7ix3JbZrvXGZsp6N

Ivy grab one for herself

ADCreHfstpV4g11TKzF0BD3oKzZvG7lU86TFh_hG

Sadly Alfred misses the kill on the one he chipped

ADCreHcQ6gX7hFxY4KeVqicnvjjD_r_11EtRoOOj

So Louis has to clean it up

ADCreHcBNtLkwYCBJT1oyegf6A1DBEEVxkobQx07

For an 8 turn clear.

ADCreHdAFD0vSMER1zAtbBzjyzAV4ss0Anam5MpC

Oh thank TeeHee we only missed out on a useless elixir when the lemming died.

ADCreHdZ1Nsk4Z79ZnBj2ZW3UWFo6cmpFP2gSNgi

If only this game had Three Houses style paralogue to explore places like this...Oh who am I kidding, they would pull the same tease they did with Brigid.

ADCreHdifLv5-pabuK4xNCgkEUIwMTZ9C60oUtrc

Celine, you have the best of ideas at times.

ADCreHfjfAfR_Ri8zs-p1uXFQNdIYQ8QaL4PElR9

Keep it up then, as we could all use the shade, your gloomy shade provides.

But enough goofing around in the sands, onto one last bit of story

ADCreHeK48ev-5jh2H9zKIA8Xt4MTMjdQyfknMXd

With the mysterious "reclusiveness" of the Solmic siblings

ADCreHelIe1ZdcY9W82gukA2dsMelHs03k8NTuug

Or I guess the casual nature of Solmic royalty.

ADCreHfTM8Msdu4Cqhxa0sYFeD55chErAUSpJ8Bn

Those two are always out on the town, too busy for boring formal occasions.

ADCreHcwBicEIt-5OtX-7oChpJ0CTq1a37Y8Fk_l

Says the prince who is hundreds of miles from his castle.

ADCreHdgwAEWQYlI7cLGC5MMp20_FkmNGN98FJs5

Too true TeeHee, there is nothing shy about those two.

ADCreHcivseLCD2Czac-qg2kuwRtRFlTh2aSuhmA

Ah the comedy routine returns with Fogado's reveal.

ADCreHeYrChXoOTUj3nSXmzKPOUu-l7vmUEWlUfE

More of an intentional lie, than an accident, but its your sister that lets slip with that one.

ADCreHfWho6covHJhUEfDDNctaDqQXwqMpcOdcoF

The royal reveal for real.

ADCreHeLz0U7CKzr-ZSTMCSBgk8S17IZsRrRVcwx

...Diamant is right there Alfred.

ADCreHeuiGcxW-3x4sRYWM2yQaptc8_WfpHc98uX

Back to Veyle being the most villainous player of FEH ever.

ADCreHfmSKWyYo4dBrq64POQTGJ-JH0kJlDH5-jn

And conniving in a way where we have no choice but to fall for her plan.

ADCreHc8Bt2hABKi8Mr4MxPm_0LHKFlOGudo4W7-

Now there is the masochistic Griss we all know.

ADCreHeALbgUvJDp-JEHq-25J5Uqe2eU0tAnhThvADCreHcEQhBMbjc7ypHQZa4jRro-gw84bb2oH3mC

It is interesting how they foreshadow Mauvier's opinion of evil Veyle here

...but that is enough story nonsense, see you all next chapter.

Yeah, I have to head off today, so it'll be next week before I get back on this.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sometimes its a benefit to be a little wrong in your game knowledge, and Skill Link Minccino is a nice enough Pokemon to get.

Pleasant surprise that I didn't have to, but access to stuff like Bullet Seed and Rock Blast gives it better coverage than I anticipated.

It always did seem strange to give the player character of a Pokemon game, a love interest old enough to go on international business trips.

As someone who never bothered to follow this arc, do they actually?

Any discussion of this character has to admit that even if they're a child actor they're probably closer to 18 than not, so that's a yikes.

Fairly certain you are given an Air Balloon in Clay's city somewhere.

And if it bursts?

Now the luck is just taunting you, as you never get female Combee in a Nuzlock.

I will never know if that would have been guaranteed, but if it was that's unfortunate.

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ADCreHcf7F1AqH--AHWiABYvNheTrTVy0CdxE4f-

Ah, the old Divine shock of discovering who TeeHee is.

Fogado looks quite worried here to me, like if the Divine Dragon was going to invade.

ADCreHdvzFCt_8A0932fH_fnYPD5CjlrXn19u_nx

...Sorry, the eyes on the Solmic siblings is just entrancing.

Ah, the secret Solm Royalty's ability to entrance people with their eyes.

We shall mourn you as appropriate.

ADCreHe-24wN3Dyk3vehn2ExJ7Zps6_QjKrlrx7w

Here are the 7 I am bringing. These were tough choices, I almost brought Zelkov, but there is no terrain he can really use, and Lapis for a 20 range Astra storm, but I decide to bring my promotes, and almost promoted in the end.

This map and it's 7 slots tightens things so much, but it probably didn't help last time I hadn't promoted anyone.

ADCreHcn2k0gjwyqPVzhbhjv_XYLNTj_esQR_S7z

and like I remembered, the sands do prevent you from cantering.

The Quicksand really traps your units huh.

ADCreHcOJUo77gNQh4a7V6Vwk7BkKSeXIGqW_JXg

so she doesn't have to face a hard hitting counter.

Franne with this much damage, surprising.

ADCreHckpYtaaFhyxTWxV5DPdZq_POADGVpv961n

I simply couldn't reach this Levin Sword one in time. I needed to Astra Storm him, but TeeHee was positioned in the worst possible place they could be last turn, as they could only be warped into a desert to get closer to it. Perhaps if I had brought Lapis for the 20 range Astra Storm...

Sigh, whelp RIP the Master Seal for Alfred I guess.

Unfortunate for that person, rushing over tends to be a rush for it.

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ADCreHdxnpp_ChrujAQxVeNwBblxwTr3Nyy8bDiK

Levels on the chip, but still misses that strength proc.

But you didn't Bouch.

15 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ADCreHcPYl7Mc2QVD1s55EppGKz61VrPNMHxSPVD

Bunet, you have just saved me a host of troubles with that crit. That puts me in a far more comfortable position

Ah yes, the rare moment of Bunet being useful.

ADCreHdAFD0vSMER1zAtbBzjyzAV4ss0Anam5MpC

Oh thank TeeHee we only missed out on a useless elixir when the lemming died.

Least you got it.

ADCreHcwBicEIt-5OtX-7oChpJ0CTq1a37Y8Fk_l

Says the prince who is hundreds of miles from his castle.

In fairness, he wouldn't be but for.... well, all this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yeah, I left it off there. Let's get back on the rails.... get it? Because Clay runs a mineahforgetit.

Spoiler

After some Join Avenue shenaniganry (I get a Reaper Cloth out of it, which it turns out's useless unless I had Dream World available to me), we head for Route 5 and see Veardiy facing four Plasma Grunts who are in my way. Suppose I might as well help, so walk up to them and he threatens the guys after they admit they're just standing about being a nuisance and they move to surround him, of course still getting in the way so I have to deal with them. The Watchog first confuses Juliaka and then pops off a Super Fang, making things a little concerning, but at least I poisoned it so that's inevitable.  Looking at it's moves it only knows Super Fang for damage so there's that, Then it puts me to sleep, so I have to go through that as it reduces my health by half each time and falls to poison after several turns and me healing because I couldn't risk hitting in confusion at low enough HP. I then have to face a Trubbish right after and considering I have only not very effective moves on Juliaka I switch in Frain, who easily wins and then the guy compliments Frain and says he bullied the Trubbish so hard too for nothing. They admit they're looking for something and then we the sad music as Veardiy recalls the time Plasma robbed his sister's Purrloin and why it's his motive, thanks us and heals the party. We move to Route 5, sell some stuff to the Gourmet Maniac and move on to fight as little as possible on the route. Which means I still have to face a triple battle with heartbreaker Charles.

Using Abelanne, Frain and Larros, I move to face him. HE says he's at full Throttle and we fight. I have Frain Force Palm the Archen, Abelanne Crunch the Sigilyph and Larros Dig the Tirtouga, which works much better than expected as Abelanne attacks before the Sigilyph, who doesn't use Air Cutter, the Archen gets paralysed and left in Defeatist and Larros doesn't get hit. Next turn they try to use Wide and Quick Guard but I don't fall for it and take out all but the Tirtouga. I do some shifting about to use turns and eventually the Tirtouga falls. He and the crowd leave and I can move onto Driftveil. After the bridge, where I try to get a Ducklett. I go for a Quick Ball and it works, saving any trouble for the new member Celena and on crossing another bridge we see two differently dressed Plasma members talking where one shoves the other and tries to be his shoulder devil, only for the white knight of the two to say N would be sad. Veardiy rushes in and punches the man in black hard enough for him to be moved 2 spaces (Reminder, Hugh is best rival) and continues to chase him and the other one explains Team Plasma fell to factionalism and asks you pop by a house the whites live in. Driftveil is where we can get Dusk Balls (Ah yiss) and some tutors are around, I do some moving about and discover I can go to Route 6 right now, but I hold off. I go around town getting what I can, hear someone say Hornswaggled and note that Driftveil has become a hotel spot with it's old storage space replaced with the PWT, which I can access yet. I decide to the Plasma house next, the guy we met earlier points us to a old man who turns out the be a sage called Rood who asks to fight us to sus us out?. With rain on, I switch Gordie after seeing it really has an effect on his damage to Frain and she takes a quarter of her health from boosted Take Down. Frain finishes the Herdier, then we see a Swoobat. Air cutter does decent damage (I do not trust a crit), but Quick Attack finishhes things fine and we win. After that Veardiy runs up after losing the other guy so he can get the exposition too (No test for him?), where Rood explains they've been taking care of the pokemon that were stolen (but not releasing them or reuniting them? Not the best look and Veardiy calls them out for what is a hollow apology for what he sees as not good enough and he leaves to fight the gym). Then Rood asks us a favour, to take care of a Zorua which I say yes to, but I suppose I can't rename it. Let's refer to N's Zorua as Diamavarre for our purposes. With that, I have a bit of training to do, so we'll cover that starting on Route 16 and the gym next times as it's late now.

TL;DR: Get two new members, take some minor risks and get to listen to more angry Veardiy. Plan is train up the new guys and have options besides Ogmalfred trained up with Earthquake.

Spoiler

New additions:

Celena the Ducklett

(Diamavarre) the Zorua

Next stop, Clay!

Spoiler

I decide to take a detour to Route 6 to pick up the Deerling at the season lab as a free event 'mon, using a repel to be safe and avoiding trainers. Merrinne joins the party (Typoed as Merrine), we get something with Serene Grace and super effective on most of the gym (Admittedly with Jump Kick), win win. I go back to Route 5, 16 and Nimbasa to grind up the new guys and get ready for the gym. It takes..... a while, let's put it like that. In that time, Juliaka evolves to a Scolipede, Daimavarre evolves to Zoroark and I eventually get everyone to 31, where I proceed to choose Ogmalfred, Diamavarre, Celena, Abelanne, Boucorst and Merrine to go through the gym. On the third trainer I get at least one Self Destruct that takes less than half of Ogmalfred's HP and she gets intimidated, so I switch out for Boucorst.... then I miss that he got Swagger'd, only to learn when he hits himself in confusion, I then take a roll of the dice, only for him to hit himself again and the Sandile proceeds to finish Boucorst off. Fuck. I beat the rest, then go to level up the rest of the gym party for the actual fight and switch in Juliaka because Larros isn't evolved and I forgot I was leaving the Baton Pass setup for endgame..... and I can't use it until after this gym. As for the grind, Ogmalfred evolves after learning Earthquake, Merrine learns Energy Ball and I eventually get the team up to level.

The strategy is mainly Ogmalfred with the Air Balloon (I've used all my proteins and Muscles Wings on her as well as Swift Wings), but because Clay leads with Intimidate, I have to use something like Hone Claws and hope he doesn't immediately use Crunch and even Torment is problematic for his Sandslash as I don't trust I outspeed his Excadrill. I also have Merrine with Jump Kick and Energy Ball, Celena with Bubblebeam (I hope not with that weakness to Rock), Diamavarre with Rock Smash and Juliaka... who will be hopeless against his Excadrill unless I can pop off enough Iron Defences to make him run out of moves. Clay briefly speaks and we start. I Misclick Earthquake and he uses Torment (Shit), so I knock his Krokorok in the red and he uses a Hyper Potion next turn as I remember to use Hone Claws. Earthquake 1-shots now,  but next turn I can't use Earthquake and the Sandslash pops the balloon, next turn Earthquake doesn't 1-round and I am in real trouble as Ogmalfred gets hit with Bulldoze. Next turn I use Slash and it finishes the Sandslash, then his Excadrill comes in. Checking the stat mods, there's no way he doesn't outspeed and I lose Ogmalfred. I decide Merrine is the least risky loss on balance, so I switch her in. She takes a hit from Metal Claw, I press Jump Kick and he outspeeds her. Seeing as I lost the stat loss, I go for Ogmalfred. Earthquake finishes things off, thankfully, but two losses on this gym is a poor look. Fuck. Clay has us follow out of the gym, we meet up with Veardiy and he asks why Team Plasma are allowed hang around this town and Clay says he thinks they can change and limiting oneself to their own perspectives is a problem. Veardiy huffs at this compromise and is then convinced to follow to the PWT with the idea he can get stronger there.

Next time is PWT I guess. Merrine and Boucorst shouldn't have fallen like that.

TL;DR: Gym 5 doesn't go too well, but it is overcome.

Spoiler

New catches:

Merrine the Deerling

Losses:

Boucorst the Sandslash

Merrine the Deerling

On 11/28/2023 at 9:47 PM, Punished Dayni said:

TL;DR: Gym 5 doesn't go too well, but it is overcome.

Can't believe I just lost my Gyarados