Teehee Madness 3 - Fire Emblem x Pokemon Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

GZ4Mzdu.png

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest challenge!

Like The Berwick x Conquest and 3DSFE Linked challenges before it, this is another linked challenge...with a twist!

To those who don't know, this is a challenge where each of us will play a game, with the twist being every unit is linked with a respective unit from the other games. If a unit in one game dies, then their linked units in the other games 'die' as well.

The twist this time is that one of us is linking their Pokemon Nuzlocke run with our Fire Emblem runs!

@Newtype06 will be nuzlocking Alpha Saphire

@Eltosian Kadath Will be playing Engage

And me, i will be playing Fates - Shadow Dragon remake!

Rules and Checkpoints you can see above!

This Thread will serve as a log more than anything, to remind us of the fun chaos and to share the idea of linked runs around! It won't be a full LP since that might be a bit too much work.

Hopefully anyone who takes a look at this Thread can enjoy the chaos with us, or start their own linked run!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's start!

5Lbn3Cy.png

While might be unwise...i will be picking Lunatic. I will turn the difficulty down to hard later if i see it becoming too much for me XD

gSmfRat.png

Welcome to Shadow Dragon!

Spoiler

Let's take a look at our squad, shall we?

GtxeZbB.png

Marthy boy!a

Also here we see, weapon durability. I personally hate that mechanic and much prefer it being gone, but i can live with it!

WT636II.png

That's +2 Def/Res for everyone in the map when in range of Caeda, nice!

Yw0UE1T.png

How long until i bench?

J8B0w4Q.png
0AEtCuj.png

2 Cavaliers. 2 Cavaliers I bench

wVXNshj.png

> Seal Def

> C Bows

> Chapter 1

OMG

Y50TSYA.png

Armor

VfPByXs.png

I start by taking down the thief on the bottom

lrHGq0Y.png

Enemies have skills as well btw, as it should be

yZIxV1b.png

Clear the first group, get the money, and shop!

X0nmz43.png

Bold stance so early....?

Oh boy

2Wja8mG.png

Well, Speed is nice, atleast?

pPIKg0d.png

Jagen Silver's the Thief on the fort

5gnE1Rv.png

Speeeeeeeed yes!

puNBSG2.png

nice

ogfC0de.png

We clear the way and get @Saint Rubenio fav. healer!

4mfRhqe.png

>Paragon

You make a good arguement, old man

oY5VeHZ.png

>Gazak

Nani

And seal Def eh, that's dangerous

zVgJqPh.png

If he can Seal Def, so can I!

o7XnYPF.png

Marth finishes!

yq4TF3Y.png

I heal everyone around with Wrys

VrSjldv.png

and seize to finish the map!

I am having a lot of fun with this. I am not a big fan at all of Shadow Dragon and have alot of problems with it, but i already am enjoying this so damn much.

Fates mechanics truly make everything better!

fm8bt58.png

AAAAAAAAA GARON JUMPSCARE

Hmm, maybe I might do that.

What version would people want for a Pokemon run? I haven't really touched that Platinum run in a while (It's still before Roark), but that probably still shouldn't be the one. I'd avoid Hoenn both due to it being on the list and me having cleared nuzlocke runs of Ruby and Emerald ages ago (Same with FR and HG (but that'd need to be reconsidered anyways)). Haven't done Unova so that could be an option (but BW can be awkward in early game, I've seen enough examples), while I can't reset any of the 3DS games I have so that'd have to be emulated.

Good luck to anyone going regardless!

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5gnE1Rv.png

Speeeeeeeed yes!

Speedy bow!

4mfRhqe.png

>Paragon

I like his funny skills, this magic man.

oY5VeHZ.png

>Gazak

Nani

And seal Def eh, that's dangerous

F for breaking his weapon too.

This is rough.

zVgJqPh.png

If he can Seal Def, so can I!

Hey look, actual tactical stuff in archanea

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Want to join in? Sure 😄

We still at the start so i can add you in pretty easily.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

What version would people want for a Pokemon run?

I think Eltosian and 06 can help here. I remember one of them posting a thread with a details on how many routes and neet details for a nuzlocke run.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

F for breaking his weapon too

Yeah my mind, multiple times went through "i have wta i don't get countered" thanks to playing Engage too much in the last few months lol

Thankfully i stopped myself before comitting

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hey look, actual tactical stuff in archanea

What Fates mechanics do to a game

Now i want SS Fates remake

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think Eltosian and 06 can help here. I remember one of them posting a thread with a details on how many routes and neet details for a nuzlocke run.

I found the link, there is a lot of fanhacks set up for it as well.

Might just do X, it's been a long time since I played Kalos and the encounter total is a bit fairer than White 2 would be but I counted the postgame stuff out and the total's actually similar.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4mfRhqe.png

>Paragon

There he is. The man, the myth, the legend.

Giving him paragon is an interesting maneuver, to be sure. I think I'll probably wait for the graphical update in the works, but I'll be interested in trying this out down the line, it looks really polished.

Inb4 I do play it and end up liking it less than FE1

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yw0UE1T.png

How long until i bench?

Never bench, bring him to endgame to End Medeus

Sorry, I think the spirit of Saint Rubenio may have taken hold of me for a second.

5gnE1Rv.png

Speeeeeeeed yes!

Oh man, some of those bodies look jarringly MS Paint compared to the face. Not that it matters that much.

fm8bt58.png

AAAAAAAAA GARON JUMPSCARE

OMG, that is a funny sprite reuse...also interesting to see them use his somewhat hidden official name.

Alright, I guess I can get caught up here, but I might change my formatting up a little as things go along, as this is my first time really capturing images from the switch, and am still figuring out how image heavy I want this thing to be.

Now to power my way to chapter 2, as Engage is expected to be a chapter number ahead.

Spoiler

AIL4fc-3bqtwk7HEo1lG1J1eYcmkuhXm3jLHR6Z8

I picked a female TeeHee on all my other runs, so I figured this seemed like as good a time as any to play as a male Alear, or in this case

AIL4fc-0hpZuVEGqqVv1-OZJInF1KF4FwOPBzQ5x

TeeHee..again. Now onto the game...

AIL4fc__CsTDmfKUt0I1-u4R73siQMPhy0SoZbu9AIL4fc9KHq2gfwwv-jCbPhMs6ahUAQhJpJFbv4Iz

After this strange dream, which blurs the line between ancient past, and premonition. The game calls back to this section as if it were memory, and yet, it has what appear to be our future allies all fighting. What it shows neither maps to the fall of Sombrom we see in this games future, nor the cutscene of it from this game's past. Are these the companions we are soon to meet, or reminiscent ancestors from 1000 years ago, or perhaps this is from some echo of this world where things turned out a bit different, like the world of the Xenologues filtered through our dreams.

AIL4fc8xKoIpKvxceI8iFJstKLHBG5zChU-MIacm

Whoops, looks like I may have pulled a little too far ahead, but here we are at the last battle 😛

AIL4fc8D-8jtU5znfoLQ4m0h3H0YoCRSF7rqu5NA

Looking at these stats, they aren't terribly likely, especially that incredible high HP. Looking at the averages for that level, they are rather speed cursed, but otherwise a bit blessed in every stat, especially the defensive ones (+14.1 HP, +1.1 STR, +1 MAG, +1.1 DEX, -3.85 SPD, +2.1 DEF, +3.1 RES, +3.05 LCK, +2.05 BLD from averages)

AIL4fc_lYyWNK9LZeOHovgDFxwjJh6zoML7Z1FYX

This is a small thing, but it annoys me that I can't do the thing where I try to move onto ??? here to get it straight to the attack menu, and instead have to go through the menus the old fashion way because of tutorial railroading.

AIL4fc_M7PRa2Yj-jpVbObU3eo3Jf2XwfsmVLYOa

And we get the first ENGAGE of the game

AIL4fc93rNSks2X2i4_VPKPGSrbGkXJG33SHKnZi

With its dramatic transformation. I like to describe this game's story as like a Saturday morning cartoon, and this transformation power fits the aesthetic just fine.

AIL4fc8nupaqJ5HvGFlgYznA1eUawkW94edTsxYI

So ends the...I actually forget what they call this map, the prologue?

AIL4fc-tm-hHM37xrxqtwc2sUj2mM_n3sC10kU8J

...Hmm...Defeat me....I said it doesn't map to the past death of Sobrom we see in a cutscene, but the patterning on this battle's floor feels very reminiscent, and this isn't a very fatal sounding "death" quote...I may have to pay close attention to that scene later in the run, and perhaps compare them.

AIL4fc8jFdzccaLMNINGrCbOU8aqIknpTRuISgR7

Alas it was all a dream, with the simping twins to waken us.

AIL4fc9SyTCXGx9f4fj_u9Q3lcqoc861iRf6Qb7r

After 1000 years of sleep...or at least 1000 years of stewards, it may be presumptuous to assume those are the same, but 1000 years comes up a lot.

AIL4fc9kMs2jqtpsHL6HHTG1xFxkgBgagppolsbI

God this game is jam-packed with cliches.

AIL4fc_wxAk06T0vafIALjL88S5VTvPFRjelpz00

...How would he know that? Did Vander study ancient dragon tales or something.

AIL4fc-xKHNOBz9FY88JjrqELmjmFKPSYPGIwgCJ

Perhaps it comes from living in the shadow of a society obsessed with the Abrahamic god, but it feels very strange to me to hear a living creature described as a deity. Also, making the avatar a worshiped deity is a bit too on the nose response to the common criticism about them being so central to the story.

AIL4fc8shfhq5eNR9OI_4dvpRxHREqOrfNvXrRBb

Because we are a dreamer with our head in the clouds.

AIL4fc9gpwEOhYyICNkXoo4MuZRROBy2B1Zp8h9A

Side note, it is interesting that TeeHee wears Marth's ring where a wedding ring traditionally goes...

AIL4fc-GwG4x8evQ_pFkh1Zqfait3Py5V3Zkf1KGAIL4fc-7hfHjs8oIlCWpQSPNaGACPnoE3ux-aQZ6

I really do like how TeeHee is deathly afraid of the corrupted, and how it contrasts with Vander's image of the divine legends surrounding us.

AIL4fc8nFkI5ZaOnSjoxgf6w8rbYT7liBgsLSCJw

But then the twin duffasses managed to bungle that plan up

AIL4fc9JVKl6CejVxGw2g_SrrO-8BIB_PDUloHr_

And even butterfingers all their weapons away, so they will be useless green units unable to even fight back in the coming chapter 1 map.

AIL4fc-Wx4wm1wB0rogNnOzmpJkFDiG-DN200eo8

Which forces us to have a whole chapter to defend them. We are still in tutorial land, so its not the most dangerous of chapters despite how outnumbered we look, and I start with

AIL4fc9BGjE52dSteZPfK57hlX7q40DLNsr40QTP

Us occupying the woods, while Vander cripples one so that our TeeHee can get a kill on enemy phase.

AIL4fc_a56m0ctzX7D-G6_ebfwMkXn_cEa6J_S87

That does mean Vander would kill any of the other ones, so I instead have him go for the higher level one, scripted to distract itself with the green twins until the map changes. In retrospect I should have waited for his attack, as I did get a bit unlucky with dodges, and it was theoretically possible for TeeHee to fall on enemy phase

AIL4fc9p9Q8XNzdZFIw_Ydu0cTWXnsopeFlpDo1m

But they have one dodge on enemy phase, so I can Vuln up on the next turn, where the last of the low level ones kills itself on TeeHee come enemy phase (TeeHee has managed one kill on every enemy phase so far...)

AIL4fc9oUDNKu8D5_FEu36MBsH6q5mmwcAemgMFF

Sadly the map changes before we can give TeeHee the kill on the higher leveled one, as we change positions, more enemies appear, the greenies leave

AIL4fc_C9cEITnd-KTYlekBYtPtt9NfH4PfBBUIX

And we Engage with Marth to kill that higher level one in the cutscene where we get no exp from it.

AIL4fc-VQXkob9Rro3rKmYG3S8yNqRdOwro-RsMR

And while Engaged we one round these goons.

AIL4fc-dGbqvysCe8VQ-E6hLveFJVPrBscQjoPzs

And we get our first levelup of the run. Now I was kind of tempted to do this run on fixed mode, but as the astute amongst you would have noticed above, I decide against it at the last minute, as I think the randomness will add a little to the experience.

AIL4fc8Rr8qQ86QOZ4Ke1J1V22ohWlMDka2Vg5WW

I then arranged things so TeeHee would kill another goon on enemy phase, while Vander would get some chip exp from the other, only for TeeHee to set up the enemy phase finisher on this turn.

AIL4fc83M_v-MAtr-9PwK16lZ1w9fBHp9diDOUGx

For a nice and easy clear.

I will also do the next map, as both of these were trivial tutorial maps, and I need to get through them to compensate for the extra story map this game has over Shrimpy's game, but in the future, I will likely be only doing one map an update.

AIL4fc9NLr4cAdOQ2ZGEQzXOBeAf4TqYxN433MT8

Alas TeeHee must have some Canadian blood, as they apologizes for something that was barely their fault.

AIL4fc-wRTJbb1l1VC_BMdosCOpZaatcmXvtkTdj

It is funny that TeeHee thinks this pristine white dragon could possibly be in league with the corrupted zombies they just fought, as obviously

AIL4fc-hUnutzXp33hvFLysAV-8tfGK0NYFWg_Za

In a blaze of divine light the dragon transforms into TeeHee Divine Dragon "mother". I guess the idea that they are a Divine Dragon hasn't really sunk in yet.

AIL4fc_IuJjihYSj6dyNpy2qzgYSgXAadGe4xh9v

And that amnesia makes this reunion a bit awkward...

AIL4fc_qoweVwXPo5xIp25SyB1mXxpLCjbZKBp4p

I guess TeeHee gets that Canadian flair from the Divine Dragon side of things

AIL4fc8Agj0YWyUCZCBXDKns2z_yANmelQ4l7Gpo

For how much we see her dragon form now, its a shame we don't see dragon forms used more later in the game...

AIL4fc_Kv44JYSNduckBxml-ZTwyZ2XJwIMTGs66

I get the funny feeling they were trying for a similar style to the art used in Three Houses to introduce each month with this little introductory scene.

AIL4fc8WpqkfbCJELDo2GL2C5dL7KtPxwD04tRX6

I do like seeing all our favorite Emblems in this odd little style, even with little Yune there...also they really had a pants-less super buff Marth buff in this style.

AIL4fc-BXit9-FK7yvtzbRZx-6zmA6VAe2SHlhV2

Ending the cutscene off with this dramatically stark, black and white theoretical death of Sombrom. Very stylish

AIL4fc9hKVaGj4AP_Q40Wfz644KEstOo95c0Piqg

It is kind of funny how they feel the need to have the dragon's mouth move as they make human talk.

AIL4fc9DIEsosEdQDDHAlnSFyqkQ3OLAHrw5uHsj

Lol, 2 maps in before we get the title card.

AIL4fc_qSMRb7ZWgtznSgIUpK-hxEq8NgJC5CN6n

I missed it when it was the line on screen, but it is interesting how they place a tiny bit of setup here for Sombron coming from another world.

AIL4fc9cSP7I-0wqs6nFvZABrWvmorL-QiTsNrcA

There are just too many 1000 year "coincidences" going on here, but I will get more into that a little later.

AIL4fc9hTQUmXWy27wzXOspxRZe7Lm7IgVXgZcVu

Its kind of a shame they didn't do anything with this. Like they could have had a mechanic like the parental protection terrain that follows Corrin being the protective spirits of Divine Dragons, or powerful NPC Divine Dragon Spirits on a map, or something.

AIL4fc_YXd2DBzAMwT7ht9mZAYPAl6cEImzB0PCh

The Statues of the Emblems encircling this massive version of the Ring Vault are a kind of cool touch. Its also interesting how identifiable they are just by the pose...

AIL4fc-1Z9mFaW3kX98SnpRsOruR7cVtEzhrQFLq

It did always seem strange to me that they gave 6 to the 4 kingdoms. It seems like a 4-8 split (whether that is 1 for each of the 4 kingdoms with Lumera keeping 8, or 2 for each of the 4 kingdoms and Lumera keeping 4) would work just as well to split them up, and not insert conflict over who got the extra rings to the kingdoms.

AIL4fc8G2AnZV7XsP-hZBn4bPVYvN1HB-DwrvPdu

There are a lot of 1000 year coincidences. I guess it makes some sense that the seal weakens by the next time the power that created it becomes available again, but does that make our awakening tied to Sombron's too? Were we sealed in sleep when he was as a fell dragon spawn? Did the power of Sombron's awakening awaken us as well? Did the power returning to our beloved Marth ring awaken us from our slumber? I don't think the game is ever quite clear on that point.

AIL4fc9Qd9HGQOHjg3lOUNFbm9kjQSHASX_KbUf9AIL4fc-eRWJtRG2pnHPV4jpUHY65LEkhMFiLuDYxAIL4fc83EGujBJDKQ_nA07rNxpBVCsmV1HuF4AZ_

Knowing how TeeHee summons enemies after the fact, you can see how she is trying to figure out how it works discreetly. TeeHee used an invocation, but Marth behaves more like the prayer method that Divine Dragons use to summon, and by asking the intentions behind it, the prayer behind it, she figures out that he is using both forms of emblem summoning at the same time.

AIL4fc_twAIHoRqzyZ9oE4xEf5NN7LwRXW8DfYH0

Ah yes, a practice  battle...actually there is some truth to that, in my experience the AI acts particular less bloodthirsty than usual on this map, but I might get into the specifics a little later on.

AIL4fc_kruLIUsW536DPzaSNvSw_Cbv9kE9WZzjjAIL4fc9P13LruoBkh4_tnnTDtAutxONxjnAWAL9k

It is interesting how TeeHee keys into their similarity to the corrupted, despite their looks. Its like they can feel that both were construct of draconic powers.

AIL4fc9YdLZYq1PEYVTpXHqWLzOVsO6MRKwNkHqy

It is a little funny how careful I have to be here to give TeeHee this kill, as the other location Clanne could safely hit at range would be getting TeeHee's positional buff to get the kill, but

AIL4fc-lrNq8Jxpn657kwjzxB_p2WYskTvM4AnSF

I end up being a little lazier with the next one, and just let Vander use the positional buff to get the kill. I might end up regretting this, as it also means Framme wont have anyone to heal next turn, but I don't intend to really use either of them long term, so that isn't the biggest deal. And after that all that is left is Lumera herself, but she doesn't start moving yet, so I am safe.

AIL4fc_VVqLVFWSRHQpmM_sO3BlzjLVnvBLXyzzL

This battle quote is especially funny given that

AIL4fc-Lsc7xzS06sYuRsnbtPdoOHfGXg0Qq_RTr

he has 100% accuracy on her.

AIL4fc8Y2Bo2BzcOKDHe-PpX_djQbiSL2oDMZWX6

This might be a little silly, but I get the hit, so I can

AIL4fc8Uop285QumPmMLkAUW6MYX5uGX6JpxeSO6

Try for the kill with TeeHee without Engaging...mostly to check something I remember from the last time I did this map, but alas

AIL4fc8u4Z1iwa2YwkSHdHWHGaj8RkWPwv6OWDcQ

I miss, so I have Framme Chain guard at the end, kind of pointlessly, as

AIL4fc-sW7o9R2VliRE9nLozbIYxgZsrCAY--jNY

She kills herself on TeeHee during enemy phase.

AIL4fc_LcHiL86I17gmKTcxJ1hXbbD0iZLqdCRNY

Alas, this wasn't even this map's final form 😛

AIL4fc-804LrEzTFUw9K22K1AloY1eRHFtVu4za_

And this time we have to deal with the scariest Emblem, Sigurd and their extra move.

AIL4fc-z7dDE1APIxUG2Vv3twV2QML0k-p6vVE-q

In another nice touch you only notice on future runs, Lumera explicitly doesn't use an invocation to summon Sigurd.

AIL4fc-V7dFPGugwr1Rxhrw7ZKn2DvEJwMot71Wb

So for tutorial purposes, despite you normally starting a map with full Engage meter, and having a full Engage meter when last I had control over TeeHee, it is now empty. When I did this map on my first ironman, I did not notice that they did this, and thought I had a full meter, until I actually needed to use it, and couldn't, which made this map extra spicy...

Thankfully, I have  learned from that mistake, and can easily get the Engage power spot as I have TeeHee kill this Axeman (after Clanne chip)

AIL4fc84h4-n44CPn19YuUk1S9OXQSAmr92H-ZA4

And on next turn I chip with Vander, which gives TeeHee exact damage

AIL4fc-5YCp8g5z52kX31eu1wpVKvxY6l3PCvwIf

After engaging. I go for it, but that is going to make the timing on this map uncomfortably tight with what I want to save my super on...

AIL4fc-qllpiBnWqiUiHSyvXIIw07_v_DavqUvH4

And that gets us our second levelup of the run, and being two for two on defense levelups is a good sign in an ironman setting.

AIL4fc8C4s5RaEgfH8_SgqHNONvfCJtbily69SHu

And TeeHee's positional buffs are enough to give me the classic Framme kill to style on the game.

AIL4fc-r69_JiHjKbwrwXSmr6cU1QvtvF65dIQAg

I seem to remember Lumera will go for the attack one space outside the Cav's attack range, despite theoretically have more move than that,

AIL4fc_HDYFVJTPS5f3D-7vzxnwSf1JqQJ-8TdGr

And thankfully I am right,

AIL4fc8cZo8tteKnzef-71oRPZIP62QK0bjSUyO4

And the astute amongst you might have noticed I had Framme Chain Guard to prevent the effective damage hit here.

AIL4fc9JEG2cH6M8LvX5QP-7TAvnwfnJNBkiLdF7

And this is the last turn I have Engage meter left to get the kill with the super, which is kind of necessary due to her cantering back onto the +30 avoid woods. Although I do have the fire power

AIL4fc_SiozxUp0FfwFtnC8DSz6B1xayiYZaFqvD

To kill one of the cavs before I end the map.

AIL4fc_CV2Thl_YqB7ePSzBZ0T3YnzUlgScFTo7B

Like so

AIL4fc_jJdMMWZUAt4bCfrIEFKsp2GXZElJTx2cx

...I have some experiential evidence that this isn't true, on my last iron I go into a similar situation to the start of this turn, but didn't have the Marth Engage available, and missed my attempts to get the kill anyway thanks to the +30 avoid from the woods, and for two turns, the remaining cavs and Lumera went out of their way to target people that could survive the hits, up until that version of Alear got a full gauge to go for the accurate kill. Now I don't know if that was lucky, or deliberate behavior from the AI, so I didn't risk trying to repeat it here but...

AIL4fc9dpEdQPaQU1KVltik4S4s3A479s-Qrt5zI

Good work everyone, we have a wonderful start 👍

AIL4fc_Mq1sYDHsGAJ10_MDAwYvxOtjpHMB0FF37

And now we are gifted out personal sword, which makes it easier to refill the engage meter.

AIL4fc8bs8mRq9CQy-RmwDXhksvOd7td44p9JzF4

...That looks like a really uncomfortable ring to wear. Also the Alear colored gem in the ring is a bit of a hint towards their future fate...

AIL4fc8nNSIQaYAX2cUtPY1WQ2TZNCRKux7RZUJlAIL4fc_cmaaRHoxGojBtA5V-tM7L5d_fTJVfkZjH

This is an interesting take on the sense that your past, and current self are different people, made more concrete by the fiction of fantasy amnesia.

AIL4fc_WCy02VLFZ9TDdIvno5o-xUXrn4uKEdqLw

This does feel like a little bit of a missed opportunity for foreshadowing. From the back-to-the-future moment later on, there is the sense that Alear fought against Lumera's army, but not really the sense that they personally fought, which is hinted at here, and which would have been a much more interesting reveal.

AIL4fc8HJF_jspYJqTDXz2guQhbOvSo8PgyduvJ7

You are safe for now cat, but mark my word, TeeHee will "Adopt" every animal they can.

I will have to get away from home before starting, but that should be either today or tomorrow anyway.

I decided on W2 by the way, mainly so I'm on hardware.

48 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

With its dramatic transformation. I like to describe this game's story as like a Saturday morning cartoon, and this transformation power fits the aesthetic just fine.

I mean, the amount of theme tunes that match with the opening is enough for me to get this.

49 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9SyTCXGx9f4fj_u9Q3lcqoc861iRf6Qb7r

After 1000 years of sleep...or at least 1000 years of stewards, it may be presumptuous to assume those are the same, but 1000 years comes up a lot.

33 generations averages out around just under 30 and a third year of people serving as stewards. Considering the less active combat role the position takes I feel like this works fine enough.

Vander being 45 does not, the ages written up are unacceptable

50 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc_wxAk06T0vafIALjL88S5VTvPFRjelpz00

...How would he know that? Did Vander study ancient dragon tales or something.

Maybe Alear's going to degenerate into a monster and Vander's trying to avoid saying it?

In fairness, he'd have been told what he knew from Lumera either directly or indirectly, who would know more than anyone the state of Alear in their slumber.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9gpwEOhYyICNkXoo4MuZRROBy2B1Zp8h9A

Side note, it is interesting that TeeHee wears Marth's ring where a wedding ring traditionally goes...

Past!Alear definitely had it bad

54 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

But then the twin duffasses managed to bungle that plan up

doofuses? Or are you giving us a new word?

59 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc8HJF_jspYJqTDXz2guQhbOvSo8PgyduvJ7

You are safe for now cat, but mark my word, TeeHee will "Adopt" every animal they can.

Adopt every last one of them intensifies

ODtibli.png

List updated with Dayni

@Newtype06 @Punished Dayni make sure to enter the Pokemon you capture into the list, pls 😉 

27 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Maybe Dragons are great employers?

-Full pension after only 30 years work

-Live in an utopian flying city!

-Only once in a 1000 year danger!

-Play around with ancient ghosts of ancient heroes!

-You get to see live dragons*, how cool is that!
*Note: not always transformed

-Next generations of your family will have an easier entry to the job market

"10/10 would simp Dragons again -Framme"

Apply now!

gTfPJaw.png

Welcome to ch2!

Spoiler

let's take a look at our new units before we start

KuXJC7T.png

Local sword boi

cf9rEhv.png
KvEtP0v.png
uTpj1qj.png

Axe boys

nbq3p9c.png

Ogma starts the battle with a 4% crit

oxjfLrT.png

Another Axe boi

5DSKgpf.png

Speedy Armor

zFC2F07.png

Nice one

CcX6r4R.png

he even has muscle, Ruben approves

wbI6KSE.png

Str, pls?

5KUxsu0.png

Caeda get's us another boy....Is this game secretly Caeda's reverse Harem?

f2LeL8h.png

Archanea having political relations with Hoshido confirmed?

RTzMZDW.png

Jo???

SWWMAio.png

Start the boss battle by poison'ing him

5bpYLwa.png

Then seal Def

bJvWAvN.png
AsCwBfI.png

And Marth finishes for a meh lvlup

uUwm7SC.png

Muscles, again!

4O9RjAQ.png

And we seize to finish!

I've arrived at the first Checkpoint!

Alright, got access to a console again, let's play a game I haven't played in ages that I felt was peak at the time.

Wish I could say I had challenge mode, but that'd require having the key unlocked. Which I did. On my original save. That no longer exists. The fact keys couldn't be kept across save files was a shame.

Spoiler

We start off with a weirdly happy woman in an open labcoat seeing me and throwing out a Cinccino, asks me about my gender and name, then she asks for the name of a friend I apparently know (I'm concerned about her interest in random preteens across the region now) and for some reason I respond to these with Boy, Alearth and Veardiy. She then proceeds to say we'll grow from this journey, to get along with the various pokemon and we fade to black, only to follow a snowflake to a house where it lands in front of some woman and it melts. She gets a phone call where she recognises an Aurea Juniper, says she's happy to see her kid getting out of the house for a bit and be surprised to hear the plan's already a go. Once we get to move Alearth, this woman asks if we want a pokedex and when we say yes because I'm not surprised a preteen would be fine running into the cold with only a mon and a dex on them, she's happy to let Alearth run into the winter chill.

Leaving the house we run into Veardiy and Haallle, where Veardiy asks if we're getting a pokemon and is happy to hear it's happening and Haallle asks us to take care of it. Veardiy says he needs someone who he can trust that isn't his first 'mon to help him do something (Will he rob a bank?), the sister leaves and he starts following me. I remember to increase text speed and shift to Set switching after that before moving to the first place Bianca might go to: the high ground. So we go to the outlook, find her and she is happy to have found her target. She smiles as she shows a glass case with the starters we have. I go for Tepig. In fairness, this may not be the best decision, Oshawott is great and all, but I haven't used Tepig in a full run yet, so Snivy also misses out. Call it Vanden, move away from Bianca only for Hugh to ask for a pokedex too which Bianca gives for some reason, then Veardiy insists on a battle. It's a bit more tense than I expected because we're on tied speed for some reason but after a Tail Whip Vanden 3-shots the Oshawott with Tackle. After the rival is happy to have seen we could win on a level 5 fight and leaves, Bianca brings us to the centre and tutorials at us. We get Pokeballs and Bianca asks us to follow for more tutorialing. 

Leaving the Pokecentre the woman who told us about all this gives us some shoes, Haallle gives some town maps and we have to find Veardiy as well. After watching Bianca catch a Purrloin we start our journey. First encounter's a Patrat, which we get to half HP on first contact. The first ball also lands and she gets the name of Abelanne. We get ambushed by another weirdo with shonen hair who tells the player being with Pokemon is also aces, looks at us from multiple angles and suggests following him. I do not and try to get Abelanne some exp. After Vanden nearly dies and gets Ember, we heal and go again, Abelanne getting to level 5 from 4 solo thanks to a crit on the Patrat mirror match, before I move on to Flocessy Town. The strange red-haired man asks me to go to his house, I try to warn an old man nearby but he just hands me a potion and tells me to just go. The ponchoed hobo asks why I'm holding two town maps and then realises if Veardiy doesn't get it it could lead to a trail of evidence where my death could be traced to him so he says give the map over first. So I run to Route 20, where I get my first trainer fight which becomes a Patrat stareoff that Abelanne learns Bite from. After another trainer, I get to some grass and after a dupe get a Purrloin. Deciding I'll try and be clever and use Bite as it's resistant, Adelanne instead crits on the third bite and removes it from my chances. Farewell what might have been. Do a little grinding and it's almost all Patrat, they're not that common here! After a bit of that, I move on to Flocessy Ranch.

Veardiy ambushes me. It turning out to be a 2 on one affair, I think I'm fine, until Oshawott gets a crit on the first move and takes out 15 HP on Abelanne. I switch out, Vanden's able to win and  Abelanne gets another level and Bide. We hand him the map, he says thanks, the ranch owners hand us potions. When he hears a Herdier's missing Veardiy flips out to go look. I get healed, then start looking for an ally. AND IT'S RIOLU YOOO. It goes for Endure too the clever pup. After getting it low enough I switch out to Vanden to keep Abelanne safe. After 3 Poke Balls it stays, we call her Frain. What luck, getting the 5% and the 12.5% gender lock. I get Frain Counter and Vanden Oder Sleuth after fighting a level 7 Pidove that spammed Growl, then another level for Frain off Azurills before moving on. I fight in the southern area, getting Frain up to 8. Upon fighting the second trainer in the area Abelanne gets paralysed but works well despite that, then after a heal Abelanne demolishes the last trainer. After seeing a second Riolu, we find the Herdier and a Team Plasma Grunt down bad for their propaganda. He throws the Frustration TM at us (Kinda bad if anyone in the team could use it. :P) Veardiy tells off the ranch owner after bringing him all the way to the lost Herdier, after which we leave. The Beige Vagabond sees us on coming back to Flocessy Town and asks us to follow him to do something. I decide I'll do it if only to beat him up next time.

TL;DR: Get started, get ordered about, get lucky.

List:

Spoiler

Trainer Alearth

Vanden the Tepig

Abelanne the Patrat

Missed Purrloin (Route 20)

Frain the Riolu

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe Dragons are great employers?

-Full pension after only 30 years work

-Live in an utopian flying city!

-Only once in a 1000 year danger!

-Play around with ancient ghosts of ancient heroes!

-You get to see live dragons*, how cool is that!
*Note: not always transformed

-Next generations of your family will have an easier entry to the job market

"10/10 would simp Dragons again -Framme"

It's not that so much as he does not read to me as a character who's in their mid-40s, but is north of 50 imo if not a decade older. It's also interesting apparently his child and their partner are alive from what we hear, we don't know if they're from Lythos or came from somewhere else and if that's true for all stewards, which it could be considering the state of Lythos doesn't seem to have much of anything or anyone.

Maybe the offer is good enough to get people moving to Lythos?

f2LeL8h.png

Archanea having political relations with Hoshido confirmed?

The outrealms getting too wild

RTzMZDW.png

Jo???

uUwm7SC.png

Muscles, again!

Wrys about to become the goat?

(Is reclassing an option by the way? Or does it not matter because all the classes are like DSFE's?)

Edited by Punished Dayni

9nX6UMt.png

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

t's not that so much as he does not read to me as a character who's in their mid-40s, but is north of 50 imo if not a decade older

anime_ages.txt

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is reclassing an option by the way?

There's no reclassing, but every unit got unique promotions

For example, Wrys becomes a Warmonk while Lena becomes Bishop on Promotion

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wbI6KSE.png

Str, pls?

you must be new here

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5KUxsu0.png

Oh yes, just wait until Roger

Well, I suppose I should get on with the next part of it.

Spoiler

We go into the Sun Hair Man's house, where I discover it's a bit dilapidated inside and there's children left inside possibly kidnapped. He then proceeds to have them fight me with one of the monkeys. Vanden takes a fair bit of damage because he's slower and has to take 3 rounds with Ember despite being supereffective. The second fight's with the water monkey, where I somehow take less damage due to being attacked less and Vanden gets to level 11 from these fights. After being healed, I run away, into a creepy older guy who's going to keep looking for us because he wants to give away medals. Okay. The man who owns the creepy house tells us about the gym back where I came from, then reenters this house. With not much other choice because there's a man blocking the way through Route 20, I suppose this'll have to be done.

With no Audinos before the gym, grinding is going to be a bit worse. And of course 75 BP Tackle is concerning before either of his mons spam Work Up. Sadly, Riolu doesn't learn Force Palm before level 15 in BW2, so I want to avoid that situation. This leaves me having to grind in the ranch for a bit so I get up to level 12 I suppose. Abelanne's exp curve is also kinda rough for this, so maybe late game she'll have it easier. After taking time to do that, I head for the gym. Going back to Aspertia, I get ambushed by the Man who'd jump off a cliff, who jumps off one again and hands me berries, says to fight the gyms and leaves. Going to the gym and seeing it's a school, I try to recall which gyms in the first four gens had multiple functions because I can't think of any. When I go into the gymyard, I get handed some water and recommended to have loads of pokemon. How unfortunate. The gym leader Cheren says I have to fight the trainers, so we do so. Abelanne solos the first one and just misses levelling up. Vanden levels up and learns Defence Curl off the first one in the second fight and I switch in Frain after giving some damages, which I almost immediately regret because she gets Leered at, then crit and loses 25 HP. Thankfully, she finishes the job, but still. I quickly get Abelanne and Frain up to level 13, give the team berries and go to Cheren.

Apparently this is a first for both of us? I start with Frain against his Patrat. He uses Work up and I see I'll take 3 Quick Attacks to win this one. I call his bluff with him using Tackle on me and I use Counter, finishing the Patrat with Riolu still in the green. He throws out Lilipup and I realise my mistake in trying to keep Riolu in with Quick Attack taking 4 hits and the Lilipup using Work Up. I switch in Vanden and he takes 16 damage from the Lilipup. Oooh not good. it happens again but I use Defence Curl to reduce the damage. Which doesn't work because while I heal him the Lilipup uses Work Up again. In danger now, I use Ember but don't fall into danger this turn and sadly don't get a burn. I try this again and he goes into the red but I'm also very low and potion spam might backfire on me. I go for the Fresh Water, he goes to heal Lilipup. So I don't feel as bad now. I do two rounds of attacks and both pokemon are low health. I go to heal and he tries to finish me with Bite, I heal again and the Lilipup crit Tackles Vanden. Vanden dies.

Head in my hands, I throw out Frain. Quick Attacks finishes. Basic Badge and Work Up get. I run to bury Vanden, but Bianca catches me and gives the TM for Return. And the two of them add me as contacts. Screw your Cheren. We end up in a four-way call where most of us could have been on one screen where we're reminded to be together with the mons in the world. Except for Vanden I guess.

I am sorry everyone.

TL;DR: I'm sorry.

List:

Spoiler

Trainer Alear

RIP Vanden the Tepig

Abelanne the Patrat.

Frain the Riolu

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

9nX6UMt.png

I named the trainer Alearth for a reason dangit

Vaden was a typo, it's Vanden.

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For example, Wrys becomes a Warmonk while Lena becomes Bishop on Promotion

Sure, it's not Hero Wrys, but he still gets Axes? I'm assuming.

Sweet.

nqcSn3k.png

First casuality rip

@Newtype06 you can use your starter until the end of first Gym, then you have to bury him.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh yes, just wait until Roger

one of the best recruitments in the series XD

20 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

but he still gets Axes? I'm assuming

that's what i assume War Monk get's here as well, but not sure

20 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

for me it's just Jagen, which i wasn't planning to use for long anyway.

06 losing his starter so early tho...yikes

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I heal again and the Lilipup crit Tackles Vanden. Vanden dies.

Rip, early crit death is rough, especially on your starter.

Edited by Sooks

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 1

Spoiler

Ladies and gentlemen, friends, and a few enemies. Today begins a new cycle of linked runs in this space blessed by TeeHee, where little Ruby will become a Pokémon master or die trying.

i15wlC3H_o.png

For this she will have the help of several friends along the way, especially Sapphire, her Mudkip who promises to be by her side against all odds. Right?

fFQ457DJ_o.pngpUwEOMnF_o.png

Shrimpy allowed me to use this abandoned save until I found a reason to play again, and I've already added Exia the Ralts and Mia the Poochyena to the team as the route 102 and 103 encounters respectively. Unfortunately Mia doesn't have Intimidate as an ability.

Zw067p9D_o.pnglQ0Y395a_o.png

JCViyDEd_o.pngfLJy3LLK_o.png

We then take the first steps towards the beginning of our journey.

Rf2pi5pL_o.pngwN7QclxP_o.pngXafZuKPQ_o.png

I may even look like a beginner, but I'm on a level completely above you.

hkallwqD_o.pngZCTLKYMe_o.pngoyXYcY3f_o.png

After defeating some trainers, meeting up with Brendan and watching some Beautifly flying away, we arrived in Petalburg City, where our deadbeat dad invites us to the Gym after crushing another kid's dreams.

vIPYVRTP_o.pngYy7A4Ogc_o.png

Here we meet a boy named Wally, who explains that he will be staying with relatives in nearby Verdanturf Town but he is afraid of becoming lonely there, and asks for help in catching a Pokémon to take along. Our father then lends a Zigzagoon and a pokeball and tells us to help Wally, who finds a Ralts. Lucky bastard.

1jKB3bNe_o.pngFYDkoc8l_o.pngWHQN9LFf_o.pngTanFbFC0_o.png

No, just throwing the ball is enough, these low level mons have high catch rates

JoLqwElj_o.pngDNN4Knzs_o.png

So we go back to the Gym, we say goodbye to Wally and our dad offers some platitude advice.

QOKSg5by_o.png

No.

mcy8yNpV_o.pngwmqXqqZU_o.png8gW7QCDv_o.pngzXaOw2mG_o.png

Thanks, I didn't know what to do next.

NRymwieR_o.png

We then take a step towards route 104, where we will have our next encounter. Hopefully it's a Taillow.

QOLErNLm_o.pngwooo-yeah-baby.gif

I won't even risk it, I'll try to capture it at once.

XVa4CjBM_o.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he broke it, fuck.

EFFKidlA_o.png

Let's try again, this time after weaking him a little

wEdWQivO_o.pngSx1wfPtF_o.png

Hbgjt9QO_o.pngwooo-yeah-baby.gifppNJJcgU_o.png

We now have a new member on the team, Nelson the Taillow.

YSZvVL3B_o.pngiudeHvXK_o.png

AND HIS ABILITY IS GUTS

wooo-yeah-baby.gif

Anyway, we move into Petalburg Woods to fight some trainers

sfA4Rpyp_o.png

It's time to find our next encounter, Tybalt the Wurmple.

QqD5wc8N_o.pngt0ly2skY_o.png

59t3kO5a_o.pngwrMvUhD8_o.png

Nothing spectacular, but with a little rare candies grinding it soon reaches its next stages!

HVqhHOPe_o.pngGBsB4nKR_o.pngzSIgJrgv_o.pnglwfDGcRF_o.png

Further ahead we find a researcher from Devon Corporation, who's then attacked by a thug in a pirate uniform and we battle.

MjklGErp_o.pngeWUdV8iU_o.pngBGaFeWRT_o.pngklxeieoc_o.png

We defeat him easily with Sapphire's Water Gun. Oh, what will I do without you?

SqVq5bUY_o.pngGIZjV51z_o.pngJ75C3zRC_o.pngDQACbBT9_o.png

The researcher gives us the Exp. Share, which we are going to deactivate because it makes management with level caps more annoying. Soon we reach Rustboro City and meet Brendan again.

UbZe9PyL_o.pngTrdQdTUh_o.png

In a quick exploration we got a Premier Ball and the HM01 Cut, time to go to the Gym.

PFZtBtAQ_o.png4xtpGfOe_o.png

We are already greeted by Leader Roxanne and we make haste to the summit, avoiding the trainers along the way.

8fcRPUwi_o.pngaXgkR4OA_o.png

AmbGLR1p_o.png

She leads with a Geodude, who survives a Water Gun thanks to Sturdy and retaliates with Rock Tomb, landing a crit AND lowering Sapphire's speed at the same time.

ea2SnNb8_o.pngt5D8AXhF_o.png

Fortunately, the potion doesn't restore much and Sapphire defeats Geodude the next turn.

F0ilWa3x_o.png

She then sends a Nosepass, which manages to leave Sapphire with only 7 HP before being defeated. This is how we got the first badge.

CqyvgmvD_o.pngOmzJNpY8_o.pngigARvmVI_o.pngIqF0sAMf_o.png

With that early crit, things could go very wrong, but they didn't. It just goes to show the power our Sapphire has and signals the start of a nice long story for her, right?

Right?

RIGHT?

I'm playing on hardware, so managing screenshots is annoying

On 8/12/2023 at 8:01 AM, Punished Dayni said:

DAYNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

anime-hug.gif

Where have you been all this time?

On 8/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, Punished Dayni said:

I decided on W2 by the way, mainly so I'm on hardware.

Bulbapedia's walkthrough are your best source of information

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Black_2_and_White_2_walkthrough

On 8/14/2023 at 7:46 PM, Punished Dayni said:

Wish I could say I had challenge mode, but that'd require having the key unlocked. Which I did. On my original save. That no longer exists. The fact keys couldn't be kept across save files was a shame.

Just use cheats, bro.

https://www.pokemoncoders.com/pokemon-white-2-cheats/comment-page-1/#comment-43260

On 8/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AsCwBfI.png

And Marth finishes for a meh lvlup

Shadow Dragon Marth moment. This hack truly is faithful to the original

On 8/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Punished Dayni said:

ree-pepe.gif

Should've sacrificed your Patrat instead

*Gulp

Well, time to see what damage I did.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

For this she will have the help of several friends along the way, especially Sapphire, her Mudkip who promises to be by her side against all odds. Right?

fFQ457DJ_o.png

Wilfred Mott All Choked Up GIF by happmacdonald | Gfycat

Mudkip would have been nice.

Shrimpy allowed me to use this abandoned save until I found a reason to play again, and I've already added Exia the Ralts and Mia the Poochyena to the team as the route 102 and 103 encounters respectively. Unfortunately Mia doesn't have Intimidate as an ability.

Zw067p9D_o.pnglQ0Y395a_o.png

Neat, you also got a low chance encounter.

And while Fairy makes the grunts a little more worrying, it's probably not much of an issue.

Our father then lends a Zigzagoon and a pokeball and tells us to help Wally, who finds a Ralts. Lucky bastard.

Stealing your bit.

F0ilWa3x_o.png

She then sends a Nosepass, which manages to leave Sapphire with only 7 HP before being defeated. This is how we got the first badge.

If I was playing full hardcore we'd already be dead.

Jeez I'm bad.

RIP to what might be the most memeable starter line?

DAYNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

anime-hug.gif

Where have you been all this time?

Fair amount going on IRL honestly, that and I wanted to write up a whole story for coming back.

I have no idea what I am doing with the chapter I'm on.

Bulbapedia's walkthrough are your best source of information

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Black_2_and_White_2_walkthrough

Huh.

Did not realise they had walkthroughs.

This is my cart I got Day 1, so a little out of luck on AR codes.

I could probably just get the 3DS hacked, then put a B2 cart/ROM with a save with all the keys if I was going to do that.

ree-pepe.gif

Should've sacrificed your Patrat instead

Probably should have, but I was on Set and Vanden was doing fine on damage and defence before the crit. Well, for what +2 to Atk will do. That or I could have broken all semblance of trying to challenge myself and levelled Frain to 15, movepool change in the 2 year timeskip was a mistake.

Edited by Punished Dayni

On 8/14/2023 at 6:48 AM, Punished Dayni said:

Saphir's listed age is even more egregious...

On 8/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nbq3p9c.png

Ogma starts the battle with a 4% crit

Ogma's doing his best to avoid the bench

5DSKgpf.png

Speedy Armor

Draug is known for his unusually high personal Speed growth in the DS games, depending on how they managed the growth rates in the, he might be deceptively speedy...

wbI6KSE.png

Str, pls?

Lol, good luck with that wish.

5KUxsu0.png

Not so secret once we get to Roger.

SWWMAio.png

Start the boss battle by poison'ing him

5bpYLwa.png

Then seal Def

It is interesting how they kind of set the archers up like Ninja, with major debuffs, and poison damage.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:46 PM, Punished Dayni said:

To be fair, Challenge Mode is known to be a little bugged, as the enemy pokemon whose levels were increased did not have their stats increased accordingly...

I go for Tepig. In fairness, this may not be the best decision, Oshawott is great and all, but I haven't used Tepig in a full run yet, so Snivy also misses out.

The self proclaim professional Nuzlocker Pokemon Challenges considers Tepig the best choice of gen 5 starter, but Oshawatt is a close second.

Deciding I'll try and be clever and use Bite as it's resistant, Adelanne instead crits on the third bite and removes it from my chances. Farewell what might have been.

Oof, didn't play around the crit in the capture attempt. Although a missed Purloin isn't the biggest deal.

. AND IT'S RIOLU YOOO. It goes for Endure too the clever pup. After getting it low enough I switch out to Vanden to keep Abelanne safe. After 3 Poke Balls it stays, we call her Frain. What luck, getting the 5% and the 12.5% gender lock.

Woaw, this is an actual run. Not sure if you are bored enough to do the run around in circles trick to get Lucario before the Gym, but that makes the otherwise brutal potential run killer of a first Gym that is Cheren a walk in the park even in a hardcore Nuzlocke.

Trainer Alearth

Vanden the Tepig

Abelanne the Patrat

Missed Purrloin (Route 20)

Frain the Riolu

I love the naming convention, that is quite clever.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's no reclassing, but every unit got unique promotions

That is oddly disappointing, considering both games it takes from are well known for their reclassing options.

On 8/15/2023 at 5:44 AM, Punished Dayni said:

Going to the gym and seeing it's a school, I try to recall which gyms in the first four gens had multiple functions because I can't think of any

Its not something they were ever really explicit about before gen 5, although Misty's Gym is obvious the local pool.

On 8/15/2023 at 5:44 AM, Punished Dayni said:

go to heal and he tries to finish me with Bite, I heal again and the Lilipup crit Tackles Vanden. Vanden dies.

Oof, not that surprising considering how dangerous Cheren can be with those setup strats, but losing Vander so early is going to suck a little.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, Newtype06 said:

Exia the Ralts and Mia the Poochyena to the team as the route 102 and 103 encounters respectively.

Those are some sweet encounter to ge-

Unfortunately Mia doesn't have Intimidate as an ability.

Oh, forgot they nerfed Mightyena so hard in the remake. I get the funny feeling this will lead Mia to the bench.

where our deadbeat dad invites us to the Gym after crushing another kid's dreams.

Calling out Norman, like he deserves. Then again, he is at least more present in the life of his child than most Pokemon protagonist's fathers...

No, just throwing the ball is enough, these low level mons have high catch rates

Now that is giving Wally some good advice, as losing early encounter to early crit deaths is far too common otherwise.

Hopefully it's a Taillow.

QOLErNLm_o.pngwooo-yeah-baby.gif

I won't even risk it, I'll try to capture it at once.

LETS GO, can't wait for some classic prepoisoned (or preburned) Guts Facade Swellow sweeps in this run's future

HVqhHOPe_o.pngGBsB4nKR_o.pngzSIgJrgv_o.pnglwfDGcRF_o.png

My instincts are to say that is better than the Beautifly option, but looking at the ORAS moveset, I think Dustox was also a bit nerfed from the gen 3 version. Still probably enough to make Brawley free even if you didn't have Taillow.

In a quick exploration we got a Premier Ball and the HM01 Cut, time to go to the Gym.

Skipping over the Route 116, and obligate Wismur encounters for now I see.

She leads with a Geodude, who survives a Water Gun thanks to Sturdy and retaliates with Rock Tomb, landing a crit AND lowering Sapphire's speed at the same time.

Oof, now that is some rotten luck right there, on the one attack it could possibly have.

For a second I was worried there, but this isn't Emerald where you can get trapped in with Block. Honestly there were a few moments throughout this which show how much more I know about the gen 3 versions (especially Emerald) as opposed to the remakes.

Now to catch up to that first checkpoint, with the last map I am allowed to use Vander

Spoiler

Now back to Engage where

AIL4fc86vjICIf68pgZuhP6v3CMy8SbgRxKnBpIQ

Lumera is waving all the death flags she can find.

AIL4fc-_qRkat5apQXU2Eph_e-zpNy561X7-lYgS

And then we have another questionably accurate dream about the past.

AIL4fc8Gk-umI2MUw86PBXHzNWQ7lkfoKNLf84Ul

People like to point to this joyously evil face, and this burning scene as a bit of a lie, hinting at a far darker Alear than we see even in our brief glimpse of the past, but I do have two things to point out about that. First off, it is a dream, not explicitly a memory, perhaps this is an idea from the darker more primal Fell Dragon hiding inside of them, similar to the darker side of Veyle that Zephia and Sombron awaken in her. Second off, its not as seemingly impossible of a past event, as the last dream; we aren't given the context for this mad glee, or the burning castle, they could just as easily be expressing joy over the coming opportunity to deal with Sombron, with Sombron's intrusion have set this section of the castle ablaze. I may have to keep a closer eye on that scene in this run...

AIL4fc-SDvlMX7KG3pjiFZ8e7FRlkbBOJqiO_8cR

There is also something strange about this phrasing as well, as though they also saw that scene from the perspective of an outsider...

AIL4fc_-nMc165hzrZx8U5sRvx0xughbI9iga14E

Us keeping a ring always on our finger is a precaution I approve of, but it doesn't really end up helping us avoid any ring thieving issues.

AIL4fc9ITxfT6fMxw4rXa84Vg-pngDCvaOlOSwKy

Although something about this feels a little...intimate.

AIL4fc9VRs5w1TZWmyajRFehK_W5iiTPBpKH2lI6

Everyone picked up on the impression that TeeHee's past holds some secret, but I do appreciate the foreshadowing none the less.

AIL4fc_ASKCPieCvaP5tyO08AjO9JXYeOnhIUhOY

So much for those Divine Dragon spirit infused walls. Then again, she did say it would protect them from corrupted, so perhaps that is why the enemy are relying on Elusian soldiers here (as others have pointed out the enemies are in the uniform colors of Elusian soldiers).

AIL4fc-aWEDZIzHoS7Pnms_ngzzrLZXUO0otoCRo

[Dramatic Groundhog]

AIL4fc9etFCornApGeC9qzwbzCRtPGRxTmEPats7

Fortunately I can still use Vander on this map, but I open with his attack as it is the least reliable

AIL4fc_Up4kH6taacGjEi5yxy0wlNZ9inghqkwP-

As I am being rather aggressive with my super this time around, and wiping out this lancer immediately

AIL4fc_W56kNCOBNQsuv5Bcpl2VNOYqrDXLtWO7A

That way I can get two kills on turn one, although i did have to make a bit of a choice here. Depending on my positioning I could instead face an attack from a Pegasi instead, but in this case that is a worse move, as the Pegasus hits harder, has higher resistance (so takes less chip), and neither are fast enough to double (or slow enough to be doubled).

AIL4fc_sCeBan7oMSe4_-vXGJTPLsihVW5KIOpOC

Ask and you shall receive TeeHee, as here comes the reinforcements

AIL4fc92LZZlL6SEe8c6lAc9FIKqI8x_F3k1aql0

Here comes Alfred....'s crew to the rescue.

AIL4fc_yq0sX2Nq1oiJ9unVUf0CZiX3ZMeD_2xCa

I joke a bit, as while I see Alfred as the most benchable unit (while bringing both Boucheron and Etie to endgame on my last ironman), I plan on trying to use the little prince on this run for fun.

AIL4fc9LkQPyAqmAoZpGI_kgOu00cR4LxDRYqe-R

With the two Peagasi chipping themselves on Vander on enemy phase, Alfred and Etie can easily get the kills on them, but alas poor Clanne is just shy of the kill on the one he chipped, and TeeHee is not in a position to apply the +3 damage positional buff

AIL4fc8RNDxuYga_8e7I1R4yjs8gpANhouPSjcuB

So instead I style on the game with a classic Framme kill.

AIL4fc97aU7GIpwdaMvJXZX6umaesDVSrOjQAAZ_

The rest of the turn is just setting up some enemy phase action with the Axey boys we have...and of course they all go for that Bouchy Boy, although one had a Javelin to avoid the counter

AIL4fc--DDb1-ACeKrhEcjiYLK2nse_QL8X_mVbS

So Alfred gets a kill on the chipped one, Bouchy Boy breaks the other, so Alear grabs an extra free kill, as

AIL4fc9ZDg5CEJVkgNFhCTBhDx-yWGw7wjz2yLVU

Vander moves to create this little pocket for Framme to safely heal Boucheron from.

AIL4fc9xCp-kl79GY_O6AUO4boexelm5JUojnMVy

I then get a really lucky break on enemy phase here, or more accurately get lucky to avoid the break, so TeeHee get some free chip on the this pegasus.

AIL4fc_dzKGLn5-wVuGV8wEErBtt54dUm_xZSY8K

That lets Alfred grab an easy kill, while TeeHee refills the Engage that just ran out, and I get a little hastier than I probably aught to have by

AIL4fc9U1Hwyj2y6zbmekE3dbsXzS7XW5_SuSrpv

Baiting the next group of enemies while Alfred is to far away to really contribute. Also

AIL4fc9ODODRo1OB2Op39tTVDZUy3sujQg2BnEhP

Framme got this really sweet levelup from healing Vander up on this turn, I just didn't want to intereupt my chain of thought.

AIL4fc9NlLxUoqnNzG2oc1yTx49qcj7YFoRlKui-

Alas I ended up baiting everyone with that move, so Bouchy Boy kills the chipped one, but I need to move Vander

AIL4fc_L0ea8gWK_R14w4cNFHkRrNwRZyHbVL__w

to give Etie the effective damage kill on the other flier, and I have to think about the end of turn with Vander's move.

AIL4fc-GYTfeyU8PBKHqF3d7tQwEN3mvEGuTynXJ

And with Vander having hit, I can use the super to kill this swordie who will otherwise be behind my lines, while blocking off the boss from hitting anyone else.

AIL4fc-UToNU2Ynv0cSey5HBrYESKt2Sm7ZvQM53

And while TeeHee gets this excellent levelup, I was really hoping for the defense gain. Admittedly if Vander hadn't hit I would probably end up doing the same thing, it just would be more vital to cha-

AIL4fc9zbuJIWPSPqs3qBVbyf_evp6yvgSbCQGTw

Oh...Oh right, she leveled up. Thank goodness Vander hit, that way

AIL4fc98UUgcvbBj_XtXhEcIDdx3Txinbk3bRnox

Clanne can get the clean kill on this swordsman, that way I didn't accidentally risk a game over here

AIL4fc8cnbJEBuy-z3tFMvGVcWIuRD0Xz2Ahg9aI

Although the high damage boss hit ended up missing anyway, so I would have been fine regardless.

AIL4fc8fq6dOtcW7iv9GFczCnsAdaDVTqgZkTjOk

I then intentionally delay the map by a turn, that way I can get the exp from killing the archer

AIL4fc83GfJd-hDZzppMfPdZuiiqESs2RDYnzGV_

With the rest of my army pressing in to threaten it from outside the boss's range.

AIL4fc_lE7H_Aah6PztGUrsQvaptE2UvNjKxQcz8

I am always surprised by the enemy moronically attacking the only enemy in range capable of counter attacking, but she was the squishiest target at the time. That puts it in the perfect position for Bouchy Boy to get the kill, and with the boy using the vulnerary she drops, TeeHee is just shy of the kill with the Rapier

AIL4fc9oDWdMfPTNg4KCc5b-XSt532RxoJDHBaeQ

So Alfred can get the boss kill.

AIL4fc9kLKn0Ru3ZSNR385Y9Ol5BbrQyVXuUyUdb

I guess both the divine dragon TeeHee, and Alfred the prince of Firene really aren't just any old soldiers, and both were the only ones she fought, so solid insight Abyme.

AIL4fc-7h3yygAQnRra0GTkU77Ra_Tloug5TEUDV

I do appreciate that TeeHee is polite enough to ask for surrender, but alas the little lady in this edgy described is such an edgelord, that pulls off the classic

AIL4fc-ggmZjdFMC1ovqHpmsvd3PuzMCJzzeA5iA

*Teleports Behind You* Nothing Personel Kid.

AIL4fc8k_9COI8GyqejBhUHiJU68lNL1YuSr9FyC

But mommy death flag over here takes a bullet for TeeHee

AIL4fc_RbI1TPZllEWxUgaXFsPDDEkPYsrzOuEzN

Although despite being just shy of dying breath, and being explicitly drained of power

AIL4fc-MI2aYVaE0oXGi-F-7XUe-PhZjVYRcn3e_

She still has enough magic death left in the tank to drive our little edgling off.

AIL4fc-fDoNSoaygdi-0paNeYuFbPIgCgpJCWosl

I do appreciate that they show her trying to heal Lumera

AIL4fc_sbBYzgkhQ333-oRmid1fHq1aKZUedXcfO

Damn, she must have also been linked to Vander, Jagen, Vanden, and Sapphire, cause she is simply dead here.

AIL4fc8OoaPOVEKkJ4u0_AgUu6NJevmlhWNS_jBZ

Now this is a bit more clever foreshadowing here, as she is clearly talking about giving TeeHee the divine dragon powers they never had, but they obfuscate

AIL4fc_ccgPVuPw2JNPh6zd7v-MFDWxZoGcVIIoR

By hinting that those powers were related to TeeHee's healing, despite a careful reading of this line shows that they aren't.

AIL4fc_F94VEvbpVvTy5m99DzAdCtjCwqbodt02e

The way TeeHee blames themself for something that never could have been their fault here, is strangely relatable, and tragic.

AIL4fc9m-6zlkhqxyjlxOpZ4V7IGN57ZCYcIuuO-

And yet the divine dragon spirits did nothing.

AIL4fc_5_DIGbkeJnDhL5OqpF1YhLPc1c-BtVkgs

It is clever of Lumera to anticipate the truth of TeeHee's past having the potential to stop their righteous fight against Sombron, and trying to use her final words here to get them to fight on as a divine dragon regardless, but alas these words are lost to the winds of time in that climactic moment.

AIL4fc8913hhMtcwMLGc5OeRbHx92ay2Y5zuOH3X

More hints about the truth of their relationship hiding in plain sight in her dying words.

AIL4fc8vEPSyrUtLBvS4jtYsy6UiIPvAH2sALhN2

An unfulfilled promise...

AIL4fc-dnUagkz8cvTCfiuvggEdsI9YNG8Z-ko_h

Correcting herself to "becoming" TeeHee's mother...

AIL4fc-MOqlgFAJ2eZLNJNNXJgZyG5KA1mmnHODN

There is something so charmingly childish about this pinky promise, and the pinky (and promise) breaking in death.

So ends Chapter 3 of Engage. And with that everyone is caught up, sorry for the slight delay.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The self proclaim professional Nuzlocker Pokemon Challenges considers Tepig the best choice of gen 5 starter, but Oshawatt is a close second.

Huh, guess I didn't anticipate Emboar being as well regarded.

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Woaw, this is an actual run. Not sure if you are bored enough to do the run around in circles trick to get Lucario before the Gym, but that makes the otherwise brutal potential run killer of a first Gym that is Cheren a walk in the park even in a hardcore Nuzlocke.

If Riolu had access to Force Palm before level 13 like in BW, that wouldn't even have been an issue.

I probably could have done this, but I would have rated having SE damage more.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its not something they were ever really explicit about before gen 5, although Misty's Gym is obvious the local pool.

Oh yeah. Maylene's is definitely a gym gym in Platinum, Lavaridge seems to be linked up to the hot water springs even in Gen 3, Celadon and Eterna could be considered full on gardens, Pastoria also has the swimming Pool feel,

Candice's is the deadliest ice rink in the world.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, not that surprising considering how dangerous Cheren can be with those setup strats, but losing Vander so early is going to suck a little.

Sheesh indeed.

I'm hopeful I get something good from Virbank Complex, it'll be the last party member before Castelia.

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

For a second I was worried there, but this isn't Emerald where you can get trapped in with Block. Honestly there were a few moments throughout this which show how much more I know about the gen 3 versions (especially Emerald) as opposed to the remakes.

Oh.

Shows how faulty my memory is that I thought ORAS had Block too.

Spoiler
21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc86vjICIf68pgZuhP6v3CMy8SbgRxKnBpIQ

Lumera is waving all the death flags she can find.

https://media.tenor.com/IX-8LRj0u5cAAAAC/spinning-flags.gif

23 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc8Gk-umI2MUw86PBXHzNWQ7lkfoKNLf84Ul

People like to point to this joyously evil face, and this burning scene as a bit of a lie, hinting at a far darker Alear than we see even in our brief glimpse of the past, but I do have two things to point out about that. First off, it is a dream, not explicitly a memory, perhaps this is an idea from the darker more primal Fell Dragon hiding inside of them, similar to the darker side of Veyle that Zephia and Sombron awaken in her. Second off, its not as seemingly impossible of a past event, as the last dream; we aren't given the context for this mad glee, or the burning castle, they could just as easily be expressing joy over the coming opportunity to deal with Sombron, with Sombron's intrusion have set this section of the castle ablaze. I may have to keep a closer eye on that scene in this run...

Yeah, Alear being happy in an aggressive mode doesn't exclude him doing it to fight Sombron, but from what I remember of that scene I don't think it quite fits.

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I plan on trying to use the little prince on this run for fun.

TAC.png

I do not apologise.

32 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9oDWdMfPTNg4KCc5b-XSt532RxoJDHBaeQ

So Alfred can get the boss kill.

Hmm, guess that worked out.

(I imagine this wouldn't be possible on Maddening, because I remember the Rapier doing nothing)

OM96UUe.png

Welcome to Chapter 3!

Spoiler

We start with our new recruits

1qEunuo.png

Lena, the healer

Jhhn9Qx.png

And Julian the thief!

H3IFca2.png

Anyway let's gtfo, then

HCWhCan.png

Trade Jagen's weapons away so to not use him. Next chapter should be preps so i can remove him from the team

toK2hif.png

It's here. Time for memes.

aOuMKRZ.png

Boooooooooo

ax0zPjv.png

"I am blue now!"

UoBJyIR.png

One-shot

wkKsYRZ.png

Look at these muscles

hkkwYPn.png

On the right side i decide to retreat. If it wasn't ironman i would've went all in...

3INeYLL.png

Navarre crits, Julian defends!

BsLI2xX.png

Myrmidon.lvlup

Speaking about Myrmidons

QBq3Pfi.png

OG Edgy boy get's into Caeda's reverse Harem!

o8a0FuN.png

"Newest memeber of your waifus harem"

NmFM7VU.png

*crits*

3KaowE6.png

Girl pls

IlIw9u0.png

MY BOY!

vfZlMPN.png

Jo?

VPOwCzR.png

Debuff time

Ib8D45m.png

Marth finishes!

V08lt0B.png

TrhZDbk.png

Fast boi

3K45s8C.png

And i seize to finish

qJiS52N.png

Nice. Now let me buy some heals please? None of the shops have any heals 😭

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ood luck with that wish

Well, atleast Wing Spear goooo brrrrr?

as the enemy pokemon whose levels were increased did not have their stats increased accordingly...

bruh

but this isn't Emerald

Really wish the remakes were based of Emerald instead/gotten an Emerald remake...

perhaps this is an idea from the darker more primal Fell Dragon hiding inside of them, similar to the darker side of Veyle that Zephia and Sombron awaken in her.

It's honestly one of the reasons i quite like Alear as much as i do, there's an implied darker side to him through the game - Wish the game focused more on that. Maybe if he didn't have Amnesia?

AIL4fc9ITxfT6fMxw4rXa84Vg-pngDCvaOlOSwKy

Caeda kept getting bad lvlups Marth decided an eternity as a ghost with a dragon is better! XD

Alfred as the most benchable unit (while bringing both Boucheron and Etie to endgame on my last ironman

I will say, out of the 3, Etie is usually the most useful. Her super STR makes her chip damn strong on maddening, mage levels str even. Her super low SPD and DEF tho makes her benchable fast....

She usually lasts the longest in my team from the three. In my current run (first DLC run) i even decided to use her and while everyone is running around with offensive stats in the 20s early late game, Etie

EH0khRB.jpg

Yeah...

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

More hints about the truth of their relationship hiding in plain sight in her dying words

it was there all along

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

sorry for the slight delay.

no problemo!

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

(I imagine this wouldn't be possible on Maddening, because I remember the Rapier doing nothing)

Bosses have eff. nullification in maddening.

It's possible to give Alfred the kill tho using Bouch as a chain attacker

I'm probably going to be occupied for the next few days, fair warning.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1qEunuo.png

Lena, the healer

Live to Serve is alright I guess.

Paragon Wrys makes me look sadly here I guess.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's here. Time for memes.

aOuMKRZ.png

Boooooooooo

Just had to be Fates Devil Axe huh?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

IlIw9u0.png

MY BOY!

*Insert 5 points joke here

Ib8D45m.png

Marth finishes!

This feels off. How is Marth not getting his head kicked in?

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

She usually lasts the longest in my team from the three. In my current run (first DLC run) i even decided to use her and while everyone is running around with offensive stats in the 20s early late game, Etie

EH0khRB.jpg

Yeah...

"50 Str Etie isn't real, she can't hurt you"

50 Str Etie: Soon

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Huh, guess I didn't anticipate Emboar being as well regarded.

It matches up fairly well against major trainers, and its biggest weaknesses statwise is speed, which is mitigate by it learning Flame Charge very early, which is basically a boosting move without the normal loss of tempo from having to give up an attack to use it.

21 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

TAC.png

I do not apologise.

Lol, I love it.

21 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah, basically every boss on maddening has the ignores effective damage enemy only skill.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

HCWhCan.png

Trade Jagen's weapons away so to not use him. Next chapter should be preps so i can remove him from the team

It does kind of suck to lose a linked unit before you have the prep screen.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

aOuMKRZ.png

Boooooooooo

Lame, old school Devil Axe is way funnier.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wkKsYRZ.png

Look at these muscles

I legitimately can't tell if this was a goofy edit, or actually in this hack, and if it is in the hack whether it was an intentional joke or not.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hkkwYPn.png

On the right side i decide to retreat. If it wasn't ironman i would've went all in...

The clear way an ironman encourages safer play.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

3INeYLL.png

Navarre crits, Julian defends!

That had to be a scary moment...and good work Julian

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

IlIw9u0.png

MY BOY!

Five Points...of stats 😛 

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, atleast Wing Spear goooo brrrrr?

Hopefully, but you will have to tell us.

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Really wish the remakes were based of Emerald instead/gotten an Emerald remake...

I am still bitter about the Battle Frontier being under construction...

Although that refusal to base the remakes on the third version is even worse for generation 4, where I feel Platinum saved that generation. Then again, maybe they are just waiting for the second remake, like they did with the more Yellow based Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, as compared to the more Red/Blue based Fire Red and Leaf Green. Although to counter that point, Heart Gold and Soul Silver were clearly Crystal based, like people probably would have wanted with ORAS and BDSP, but the biggest ways Crystal changed the gen 2 games were so fundamental acts of modernization as to become standard for Pokemon games in general, like the inclusion of the female protagonists, the addition of animated sprites when Pokemon entered battle, the names of locations popping up when you enter them, the addition of the first battle tower, etc. whereas the storyline changes were more minor, mostly just the addition of Eucine and his quest for Suicune, so the Crystal inspiration is more minor a change to the experience as well (as the more universal modernization changes are simply expected in a remake).

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will say, out of the 3, Etie is usually the most useful. Her super STR makes her chip damn strong on maddening, mage levels str even. Her super low SPD and DEF tho makes her benchable fast....

I glued Lyn to my Etie, and she became an utter monster capable of doubling with that powerhouse strength of hers, and with a 20 range high damage Astra Storm in her pocket in case I needed an emergency out. She felt like the MVP for a lot of maps.

Boucheron was funny in that it felt like he really blossomed in the late game, once I had a fair number of Dual Assist+ troops on line, while before that he feels like the only viable Axe unit for a solid 10 chapter chunk, and axes are useful to have around.

Time for chapter 4

Spoiler

AIL4fc_hWPteKo1HoiukR7PUXlt9uaFXzlCFgYXn

And we open by skipping past the funeral. Admittedly a mention of a funeral is more than some FE parents get.

AIL4fc_fg-6RJk7vbHWdw40ZEVaZeWywqrFn1TDr

The complicated relationship between TeeHee and Lumera makes this an odd statement, as the two of them know her better than TeeHee, but TeeHee has that deep gnawing pain of knowing you should have known Lumera better, and now never can...

AIL4fc9yLz37FyLpE3eEIqTtW2d_Iys69mqLlISk

On the one hand, Marth knew Lumera for thousands of years, but on the other, that might be "soon" for beings with as long of lifespans of dragons and emblems.

AIL4fc_3Qe2Kj8Txf5LRYXWsmEuQZxAUiX7zVOII

I can't believe how much they spoil Genealogy of the Holy War here...

AIL4fc9yt6BCeouTqp52mSNGDpJ5eeWBq57MSg7o

I do wonder about that. I am almost certain I could do that map without Alfred, but I am less certain if I could do it without Etie, as her Pegasus popping power is really useful on that map.

AIL4fc_cwk9Z7x6b-r1SBIbvPwwe88WHcTcUxzTs

So honest about the Corrupted being zombies...

AIL4fc-rP5NV0yYueyRr6qvP56O_ZQgYcRJdEEJB

I do wonder what Lumera would have done in this situation. Would she know how to actually muster up Lythos's forces, or call upon the spirits of the divine dragon, or some aid other than just going off on an adventure

AIL4fc_HpOWhF68rZwDAv7Vp5uFE0HjQFAhvL8nw

Alas, the TeeHee is the only divine dragon left, so wild, murky, continent spanning adventure with just our friends it is.

AIL4fc-azpTmL2859a3i3yUnBc-AA8pvM8ZWZgRh

Alfred used to literally worship TeeHee, and watch them in their sleep...

AIL4fc-Ds9XKeCUMOHEeSwhV-MwWv9cFyA8DRIr1

But I guess they wanted someone other than the old man to introduce the audience (under the guise of our amnesiac avatar) to the world at large.

AIL4fc_sgiXqj5RfT6ZShhYKGcw6J9q0thoQc3Dr

And then we get the excuse for why the Somniel will be the perfect place to return to base in all situations. Speaking of which

AIL4fc8_XAyc7J9K-sBioqz9Zq671M-hRfCDwJ7d

We have our first trip to the Somniel, but there is almost nothing to do here (not even Sommie yet..)

AIL4fc-v9nhBaqZsf7f_UNplOj1G9bXm5cztmCq_

Nope, definitely not mine, and not something I will be using on this run.

AIL4fc8ck6191sbG_lXhQCLV5Vg1ufXxe77MhYXk

Sigh, of course all of my supports (but one creepy Framme and TeeHee one) are with the dead man.

AIL4fc_wK-xPHCP_DaciayeBWHSXN7xa1wD86JIK

Now we get introduced to the four kingdoms with as much nuance as the lands of Mario...

AIL4fc_JpvqfDPK-jJLYbP5AzrY-jA1b76QJoUSY

It is interesting to see the other leaders wreathed in shadow. Also Brodia feels like another obvious missed opportunity, where it felt like there were thinking about something darker, but shied away from it .

AIL4fc8or8w1zmzeD8rUdG2XsO23NqpMPdpDx8rW

It is nice to see a little excuse here for why Alfred didn't recognize the Elusian uniforms from last map, coyly slipped in for those paying attention.

AIL4fc-t8Hk4PMxWC2QFday7cSsSZOKrGeEfJutc

This is one of those things that works a lot better when the gods aren't physically there. This seems like a reasonable response in the real world, but less so here where the gods walk the earth, and can clearly work their will on the world, instead of the ambiguity of even their existence. This is why Elibe has the most interesting religious takes in the series.

AIL4fc9rfW6f3Fz8YVW16Mls-5y_XDZNQGTIBXzh

Then again, I guess things like Emblems and Sombron were more mythical before the great awakening. On the other hand, there was the divine Lumera for all to meet, and interact with.

AIL4fc9r3Bzy361XrMeTlfZka5DgKFZL8kz2JLOK

It does seem odd to need to warn Alfred, given he already went off the seek aid, but I guess the warning is more about Elusia's involvement specifically

AIL4fc-ti7fx-yvMLjr-vWoJ_F3tJPrPJMgJsIhz

I do like how the game encourages this reunion, both because of the power Celine gets on this map, and also because the two of them are in a precarious enough place to need the support.

AIL4fc-XngA9QZpM0MjFSC9wJIziW2cbAyMWgNUW

I do also decide on giving Sigurd to Boucheron. I kind of like the canter on my only backup unit for this map at least.

AIL4fc-p-ZEdZQI5VaVusloLgQKIWJIv5CvtkE8Q

This is the reposition I end up going with for this map. Not having Vander means I will have to play this map well...

AIL4fc-eoW0uDB6FWa-_3L20kjitxnGWVUCfNVAd

And now we get Celine's warning, although most of this map is corrupted this time around.

AIL4fc9pc6lOdoSWW15TR38ipzM7wJGeBCLFTT0K

Hmmm...that seems an odd phrase given how far out of the way she is willing to go to proactively defend the innocents.

AIL4fc_tZAsArty-gXbEy6gsmqM2XWYzLSM4yOG9

I do also find this little tutorializing conversation kind of cute. But finally we get to the actual map

AIL4fc-PwSDRGmLNnl41Q_Pyk4tiYB23XVElpRkF

I open by grabbing the village with TeeHee, as that gets them in position

AIL4fc_7Q_b-IC0VfmF9ivx8kVctUzXq3MzGg2tlAIL4fc-ZOOWZ6vRHqjLP0vwHDy5RDzR7qXDFkYnl

To let Celine and Celica to one round the armored knight with an Echo hit with the +3 damage boost.

AIL4fc-OWaYlOO1cQTjST978HS4iun8el_LuApKO

Which then lets Alfred grab that Javelin and use the damage boost to get the kill on the other corrupted Celine crippled with the second echo hit. That lets me use Etie and Clanne to chip the northern enemy

AIL4fc9xAXa3YGf3qnddkc3mBUTV7Tg6ml46KAjv

Which gets Clanne this underwhelming first levelup.

AIL4fc8Hp7LTYPCK6su4Yzb50nB5kPDv619X5ry7

In retrospect I could have probably done my starting setup better, so I didn't have to Engage for this kill, but its not the biggest deal. I do have Bouchy boy canter out of enemy handaxe range, although if these enemies aren't as aggressive as I remember I might end up regretting that. Really this turn went about as well as it could on this front.

AIL4fc-qIY72DyEtQiARZU8Setu46ADBisir1c9Q

On the other I have Chloe take out this  mage, while intentionally baiting and blocking off the enemy flier, while Louie just takes the fort.

AIL4fc_I7K8cdaTQpac-8FUpTxhaaDeyn5B-rVbL

I legitimately didn't know where to send Framme, so I end up splitting the difference.

AIL4fc9ne-3gPkID-oe1GUipme5tJCnJS_JqXhzd

Truly a classic bit of tutorializing there...also the rhyming village pillage is a nice turn of phrase.

AIL4fc_SQ586GYjuPMtwES6RS9Mdt5iZErk98FJL

Turn two I have Celine warp ragnarok over to her friends, as I need to deal with this highly mobile threat right now.

AIL4fc_-iaGiSTRsL64u3QvfQICShg062CJ40xw1

Meanwhile it makes the most sense for Chloe to chug a vulnerary now, as she can't kill the enemy flier this turn, and due to terrain oddities she is actually blocking it off from this position.

AIL4fc8CRGS9qCXA-105bHXeh3Y-KzmA0l3YaLj5

I guess Engaging turn one wasn't that big of deal, as I wanted the Ridersbane for this turn to secure the droppable handaxe for him (I have him override for the perfect accuracy kill).

AIL4fc-azpdSh5S4zht8slRM1SMeg0KKslx3IlJs

Saddly even with the chain attack, Etie is one damage shy of the kill here, so I needed Clanne to do his chip and chain attack hit first to soften it up.

AIL4fc9fD72cTzcl0ncaR2GtzTa6cyzFE39OSqC6

On the last front, I probably should have chain guarded here, but I don't think its that big of deal.

AIL4fc-jhZrj2cdO8FZ9-NsxhL2NTZyE8wT5T5bp

I will also note that Celine took a fair bit of damage getting the enemy phase kill on the archer past Louie

AIL4fc_89-cQRlVsPcRWj1tTu3XCxbByJJD0xVX7

That should be fine, as I can deal with the only other things even theoretically in range with this flier this turn, while Celine can deal with the armored knight

AIL4fc_cQDed0e1Qp8nvI0LI1atqhm6YE-HZbhBQ

Louie can even press in to chip the sacker, as the norther group is in the process of meeting up with Celine's little crew.

AIL4fc9qfTvV1Y3DyM-XBSMj2e5U7MJuMA5hTmaS

While in the south, I need to Engage for the effective damage kill on the armored knight, while Alfred hits the archer with a javelin

AIL4fc8XPcUgq2O2DDSeI0hoc2Dc-6wJO1IYCR9P

Which baits it into getting countered on enemy phase, although he is frustratingly one damage shy of the kill.

AIL4fc-rpbvV5Gj2TSZMfHbD1ldfRkJAQbr0rm4X

...if only he got that str levelup before this attack.

AIL4fc9Mh3qyOgiGOEzpR9UfcVsRcJYMgEYsr4U_

And now they introduce us to reinforcements as they release the kraken corrupted.

AIL4fc-WQKVC7pFh4IRY0aNh4jrXpcLcaZqxSIG_

I then have Celine and Chloe work together to clear out the last enemy in their neck of the woods, but it is a painful return hit to get that exact damage. The sacker is easy to finish off, while occupying the fort.

AIL4fc-ZAYfLYHp3dPm822HRVlZiWRhP2NMj_pBu

This might feel a bit wasteful, but I am running out of gauge and these lance guys are surprising tough to deal with, as this was basically the only way to kill it this turn.

AIL4fc_5JPv8_lQ_uwPHNa7nLSyAR6hGR5UUWW-o

And now the empty forts spew out flier. I did let them spawn intentionally for the exp, and that is why I made sure Etie and Bouchy boy were in range

AIL4fc8jHJHRqo_MZ2jbS2UcbFDBnC-c1HwC7gjQ

To deal with one of them immediately, but again she is just shy of the kill at the moment, so

AIL4fc_rkZs23hjBn6vk_UKKxFIRrqLrr0PYjQi3

I give the kill to Bouchy Boy for this little speed and skill levelup.

AIL4fc_UNjUjivi5t3G3k9uiK0XsDjdfFg5VwIC4

Celine gets this absolutely excellent levelup killing one of the charging enemy from the first reinforcements that were released

AIL4fc-d0G-he9OQVOwt_au57AmxmbjzRjUIab9N

I finally get around to reaching the house these three were defending for some sweet cash (I promised to buy the girls some dresses with it 😛)

AIL4fc9e_0XblVHaFL9vt0xoK6l8eTCBiC54hgB9

While the southern flier dies to the combined forces of TeeHee and Alfred, although it was a bit close for comfort (to be fair, I left Framme for last to heal Alfred just in case).

AIL4fc9OMse9oGAzVerCi1SwEn3pFUkaC-z0gY9g

That just leaves an armored corrupted, sitting on a gauge space left to really deal with.

AIL4fc_158ywiZ0lMUy52f12EIkRFpNjrvgc7KYg

Unfortunately it takes the forest, but I am going to try and use chain attacks, and physical hit to take the armored out the hard way

AIL4fc9JA5HhNAmGkbRo3LZFTq8MnvTPv42B3Oj9

Etie gets this very solid levelup from the armored chip, and in the end

AIL4fc8M2Ur0XwC5Uf3dR8Rhf_nvTgXk9scpuhcj

Thanks to personal skills adding bonus damage after the normal damage calculation means Chole can just barely finish it off.

AIL4fc-Yeg55ZAeaFe7rH_jDLRzPaVxy_TOeqEBc

Which lets Celine grab a gauge space, so I can use Warp Ragnarok on the boss (if she simply went for the kill she would miss the engage gauge by 1...)

AIL4fc_Vgpvn_vxPgo9MhwYej2eCG4Ks44izSKg3

...Sigh, fine Framme, after two great little levelups like that, I will try to keep you on the team. You are still a little creepy creep...

AIL4fc97aVYPKmN7CR9dv2MFDo3efVa_p_Ud39rC

Next turn is just an attempt to get my healer close enough to help out before the boss's approach...

AIL4fc-or2rDCsQwMIDVMxW13FqyX3y4X69VLHqi

And we should be able to get a few critical units healed up a bit before the end of this.

AIL4fc9-tNkdI80QgQ6wHHG_rd7wErdU6DJZFUVO

As we have two turns before the boss arrives, although that last mage might end up being a bit of a nuisance.

AIL4fc8rlWVRMAqmLidP-Cm86slzhVdEeCSfz82a

...Ugh, I wish I could deny the mage the fort here, but I don't want to take a hit from both it, and the boss.

AIL4fc-H2No9EW9gsq94ftii7C4Tsi4PT7W3NFn0

That avoid boost is really annoying, so my plan is to mitigate it with some chain attacks, but

AIL4fc8qVhVVKydbjM23PIqD_1IDULKEf-5A5kEj

I manage to get the two normal hits for the kill anyway. No dodge tanking for you obnoxious little mage.

AIL4fc8_VMPRsYYyk78hFp-EkJjERY9WdC9UZlqF

Now to almost kill the boss with Warp Ragnarok, and I warped her next to her brother very intentionally so th-

AIL4fc83GHruQyxNZzCZkdfg8umJvBet4O1kKvsb

Oh, I didn't even think about the fact that I would be getting a special boss quote with this attack

AIL4fc88-AUBiaNNSmyCfYUiYPT7sKAD_f0oknh7

now where was I...Oh yeah, thanks to the position I warped to, now Chloe's personal skill can finish the boss off with perfect reliability.

AIL4fc8feyaR6ZByrQR1XPPFZ-EEu7DJJNr9OQcO

With how useful Celica's effective damage was on this map, he might have a point there.

AIL4fc-mYZZbkgEmd6Yl4aL8UtHmA07XqwvyXFBt

Beautiful little strength levelup there Chloe.

...And that is the end of the map, I think I will skip past all the exploring, and skim the story bits for you all next time.

On 8/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, Punished Dayni said:

I'm probably going to be occupied for the next few days, fair warning

No Problemo!

On 8/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, Punished Dayni said:

"50 Str Etie isn't real, she can't hurt you"

50 Str Etie: Soon

2M6qT7C.jpg

40 SPD Etie is the stuff Dreams are made of

So is (Late game spoilers)

Spoiler

wqKU8QJ.jpg
oMRPXex.jpg

230 Avo Celine and 56 MagAtk Alear XD

52 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I legitimately can't tell if this was a goofy edit, or actually in this hack, and if it is in the hack whether it was an intentional joke or not.

I didn't edit anything XD

I guess you are talking about the portraits, right?

That part of the mod is still in work afaik, and for the time being paint replacements are in

54 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The clear way an ironman encourages safer play.

Especially if it's your first run of the game also. I would've taken more risks if i had played the hack before

55 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am still bitter about the Battle Frontier being under construction...

felt like a middle finger to the player really.

59 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc_7Q_b-IC0VfmF9ivx8kVctUzXq3MzGg2tlAIL4fc-ZOOWZ6vRHqjLP0vwHDy5RDzR7qXDFkYnl

One of the reasons FE is king: Every player has a different way to tackle the map.

For example, usually i start by warping her directly Turn 1 to the fort in the middle and making her hide behind Louis while sniping enemies safely

AIL4fc-azpdSh5S4zht8slRM1SMeg0KKslx3IlJs

Saddly even with the chain attack, Etie is one damage shy of the kill here, so I needed Clanne to do his chip and chain attack hit first to soften it up

Here i usually send Alear up with her for the 3 damage needed from his Personal

AIL4fc_UNjUjivi5t3G3k9uiK0XsDjdfFg5VwIC4

Celine gets this absolutely excellent levelup killing one of the charging enemy from the first reinforcements that were released

Common Celine W

Seriously, Girl has been MVP in all of my runs, whether Hard, maddening, with or without DLC, she rules!

Oh, I didn't even think about the fact that I would be getting a special boss quote with this attack

Afaik Engage has the highest amount of Special boss convos since the Tellius games.

now where was I...Oh yeah, thanks to the position I warped to, now Chloe's personal skill can finish the boss off with perfect reliability.

I love the positional buff skills of this game (and Fates' ofc). Little things like these make for great fun!

Beautiful little strength levelup there Chloe.

Can my Caeda get some as well? Please?

-------------------------

Chapter 4

XVYCVvT.png

The never ending question: Will i finally get a heal?

Spoiler

AhfBbXS.png

I split the army and buy me some vulns.

zULJWtV.png

Wyvernd cavs rush me

HsTFKLd.png

The most important stat

zqgYE4F.png

And i fucked up...Thought for sure the Thief would go for the village, but he was aggrod instead.

It confuses me alot when that happens....

3rLbJBl.png

To compensate for that loss, we got a Dracoknight!

UCvQB4P.png

And a Mage!

3EOYTMB.png
anime-fate-zero.gif

1inLKdm.png

This is a mess

Bp4EEny.png

FFFFFFF

All this because of a damn thief....

k3YFKG9.png

Fuck. that's a miscalculation

AXIvtB1.png